IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Soul leaving its gross body

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaskar,

I'm a new user here. I am wondering if anyone can enlighten me on the a soul leaving its gross body. How many ways can a soul leave its body and what are its implication?

Thank you.

Humble pranams,

Mrs Mahalingam

it can leave from any hole of the body.

an advanced yogi's soul leaves the body thru the braham randhra. that is best.

worst is when it leaves thru the rear.

this happens to bad sinners.

so i have heard.

garuda puraana should have such info.

I heard that soul leaves body through the stages of mind. The soul is attached to your body through your mind. Mind is like an input & output device, working for your soul to connect it to the body. There are seven stages for mind. It's in different level of your body. On your head (your brain), at the middle of your forehead, at your neck, middle of your chest, between the chest and the stomach, in the stomach, and finally at your end of the spine. When you die, your soul goes through all the stages of the mind. When it's in the forehead, you are awake, walking, doing stuffs. When you are sleep, (deep sleep), your soul goes to the chest of your body. When you are half sleep, (dreaming stage), your soul goes to the neck, that's why you remember you dreams. When you are unconsciences, your soul goes to the stomach. And when finally your heart, brain activities and all stop, your soul will be at the core of the mind (kundalini) (at the end of your spine). Your soul doesn't leave the body right away your heart, and body stop. It'll be wandering around in your core of the mind for couple of hours. Only, very few people (Nowadays no one) knows how to bring back the soul which went to the core of your mind. When your body is burned, your soul leaves automattically. Your soul woul also leave your body after couple of hours if it's not burned.

Your soul wouldn't want to leave your body because it has too much material desires.

A yogi's soul, a realized one's soul leaves his/her body through the head. it goes straight to god. Because he/she doesn't have any material desires, his soul doesn't go through his mind stages, it goes straight through the head. When it leaves, it'll leave a hole in your head. That kind of people are qualified to be buried in the temples.

Scriptures Speak on Samsara

Desireless, wise, immortal, self-existent, full of bliss, lacking in nothing, is the one who knows the wise, unaging, youthful atman. He fears not death!

Atharva Veda

He, however, who has not understanding, who is unmindful and ever impure, reaches not the goal, but goes on to reincarnation. He, however, who has understanding, who is mindful and ever pure, reaches the goal from which he is born no more.

Yajur Veda

Go, my breath, to the immortal Breath. Then may this body end in ashes! Remember, O my mind, the deeds of the past, remember the deeds, remember the deeds!

Yajur Veda

O Maghavan, verily, this body is mortal. It has been appropriated by death. But it is the standing ground of that deathless, bodiless Self (atman). Verily, he who is incorporate has been appropriated by pleasure and pain. Verily, there is no freedom from pleasure and pain for one while he is incorporate. Verily, while one is bodiless, pleasure and pain do not touch him.

Sama Veda

Through the ripening of the fruits of his actions he does not attain any rest, like a worm caught within a whirlpool. The desire for liberation arises in human beings at the end of many births, through the ripening of their past virtuous conduct.

Yajur Veda

He lives as long as he lives. Then when he dies, they carry him to the fire. His fire, in truth, becomes the fire; fuel, the fuel; smoke, the smoke; flame, the flame; coals, the coals; sparks, the sparks. In this fire the Gods offer a person. From this oblation the man arises, having the color of light.

Yajur Veda

Thus acting from the principle of maya itself down to the lowest level, karma, even when it manifests as good, is an obstacle still, because it is not toward liberation that it leads. Karma does not dissolve without its various fruits being tasted and consumed.

Mrigendra Agama

A twice-born, gone to the end of the Veda, knowing that life is impermanent, may abandon the body there by fasting to death according to prescription. After worshiping the Gods and honoring the munis, the siddha may go to heaven, the eternal realm of Brahma.

Mahabharata

Even as the snake sloughs off its skin, even as the bird leaves its shell, even as in its waking state the jiva forgets happenings of the dream state--thus does jiva from one body to another migrate until, with grace of Hara, it reaches where it is destined to be, and there experiences the two karmas, good and evil.

Tirumantiram

I pray Thee for undying love. I pray Thee for the birthless state; but were I to be born again, for the grace of never forgetting Thee. Still more do I pray to be at Thy feet singing joyfully while Thou dancest.

Tirumurai

All suffering recoils on the wrongdoer himself. Therefore, those who desire not to suffer refrain from causing others pain. If a man inflicts sorrow on another in the morning, sorrow will come to him unbidden in the afternoon.

Tirukural

The Life of my life, whose nature 'tis to hold the fire in Hishand, essence of Truth of purest gold, who neither comes nor goes, the Mighty One who doth all souls pervade--in this great world, for those who thus meditate on Him, all future births will end.

Natchintanai