IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Indhra and sathan-similarities

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Forgive me for comparing Indra in vedas with satan given in bible.But i cannot but wonder at the similarities and think that the myth of satan can be found in hindu texts.

Satan in hindu texts denote a slang of shastha that is ayyappan.Every village in India is supposed to be protected by satan.He is known in tamilnadu as ayyanar again a slang for ayyappan.

there are many villages named after satan like satankulam,satanur,etc.

Maybe somebody from mid asia came and saw huge satan statues standing in india.He must have got afraid.

And if we compare indra in vedas with satan...

Both dont want people to do yagnas and reach god.

Both create world pleasures and make people forget god. Like indra having urvasi and satan using many females to people from attaining god.

Maybe satan in west is a combination of both ayyappan and indra?

In your prev thread i had explained that "Jesus was a vaishnava" & so called "Bible" of today doesnt carry any teachings of Jesus. it just carries interpretations made by secretarial christians.

but unfortunately, ur prev thread got deleted by moderator. i dunno why.

Moreover, sometimes Krishna uses Maya & Indira to test his devotees. so we should not consider indira as evil force. In gita , krishna says that Among demigods, he is indira. so Indra ia Amsa of krishna.

Moreover, ayyanar is a manifestation of a rudra force on order to protect the crops in the village field. ayyanar is not ayyappan. of course, rudras appear fearsome in appearance due to their tamasic nature. but that doesnt mean that they are evil/satan.

According to Bhagavatham :

Once shiva wanted to know about illusion (maya) & approached vaikundam for it . At that time, he saw a beautiful mohini & shiva ran after her. At that time, some semenic energy spilled from shiva.(Mohini is none other than vishnu himself). immediately mohini disappeard & vishnu showed his true form & told him that mohini he saw was a illusion. So shiva later made penance & conquered maya.

the semenic energy took the form of a child. the child is none other than ayyappan. since he was born out of haran(shiva) on seeing hari(mohini), he was called "hariharan". devotees respectfully call him "ayyappan".

Ayyappan like his father (shiva) was also a great devotee of vishnu.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Om Namah Shivaya

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Om Namo Venkatesaya

you need to read the vedas and mahabharat to know indra, the god of rain. indra helped arjun fight to win.

by your such posts it seems you are anti-vedic person in disguise of a vaishnava user name.

Guest guest

What i meant in my post was Hinduism existed long before christianity. And I believe that many christian concepts were borrowed from buddhism and hinduism.So when Jesus came to India he must have seen the huge sathan idols and must have thought that satan means evil.

He also borrowed concepts of Indhra spoiling the thapas of many rishis to prevent them from attaining his stature.(vishvamithra,vashishta etc)and created his concept of satan.

This is what i meant?What is anti vedic or derogatory in this?I started my thread with an apology for comparing indhra with satan.Genuine research will only confirm our belief that hinduism is the mother of all religions in the world.

Anyway i am only happy about the religious defense of my hindu brothers.May krishna bless you all.

Guest guest

jesus is a realized spiritual master, the fact that he has not given sri murti to is followers does not mean that he do not understand

satan or maya is the same thing, for satan there's the misconception that who is in charge to put people in illusion he's in illusion too

something similar happens to siva, because he is in charge for tamo guna (in the trimurti), many believe that he's subjected to it, but it is not true, he's like the prison director

the same for sri yamaraja, he's chief commander of the hell, but he's not at all hellish

Guest sam

can any one give hindu vedas mentioning the origin of world. have any one gone through ur 4 vedas. They all tell," god has no image and he is only one and his name is holy". also any one can explain the origin of the 33 crore gods worshipped among hindus now.

give me the answers and we can continue our discussions based on that.

thank you,

Truth seeker