IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
CJP

healing mantra in sanskrit symbols and name

Rate this topic

I am looking to find out what the healing mantra 'Om Apadamapa Hataram Dataram Sarva Sampadam Loka Bhi Ramam Sri Rama Bhuyo Bhuyo Namamyaham' actually looks like in sanskrit symbols. Also I would be interested in knowing what Clare Peterson is in sanskrit if its possible. Thanks.

I never saw or heard the mantra you mentioned.

The mantra is grammatically incorrect.

I did a google-search to this mantra. Everywhere I found exactly the same English translation.

“Om, O most compassionate Rama. Please send your healing energy right here to the Earth, to the Earth [twice for emphasis.

The translation is also incorrect.

"Bhuyo bhuyaH" cannot mean to the earth. "Bhuyo bhuyaH" means again and again. "Bhu" or "bhumi" means earth, and to the earth will be "bhuvam (prati)" or "bhumim (prati)"

Further there is nothing in this mantra which can have the meaning of healing energy.

I found a audio file of the above mentioned mantra.

Unfortunately a very bad and incorrect pronounciation with a heavy English accent. The dental t is pronounced as it was retroflex. Namamyaham is namaamyaham but here pronounced like namumyaham.

"Dataram" is to "the giver", but there is no word in Sanksrit like "Hataram". "Hartaram" is "to the taker". I think hataram must me hartaram. There is no bhi in Sanskrit. "Bhi" is Hindi for "also, too".

Along with this mantra I often saw the name Thomas Ashley-Farrand. Is he the person who made or discovered this mantra?

I think this is not a reliable mantra.

But stil see the attachment.

Guest guest

This mantra is from an actual Rama prayer in Sanskrit. The actual written form with translation is from http://www.hindunet.org/stotras/itx/ramarakmean.txt

is

aapadaaM apahartaaraM daataaraM sarvasaMpadaam.h .

lokaabhiraamaM shriiraamaM bhuuyo bhuuyo namaamyaham

## aapadaaM ## (aapadaaM) = dangers ;

## apahartaaraM ## (apahartaaraM) = the remover,destroyer ;

## daataaraM ## (daataaraM) = the giver ;

## sarvasaMpadaam.h ## (sarvasaMpadaam.h) = all wealth ;

## lokaabhiraamaM ## (lokaabhiraamaM) = the one who is pleasing to the people ;

## shriiraamaM ## (shriiraamaM) = shri rAma ;

## bhuuyo ## (bhuuyo) = again ;

## namaamyaham.h ## (namaamyaham.h) = namAmi+ahaM, bow+I;

##bhaavaartha: ##

Teanslation: I bow again and again to Ram who removes all obstacles and

grants all wealth and pleases all .

The word "healing" is not there, true, but it is well knowm that Rama is a deity who heals! This mantra has a very powerful reputation for healing. It IS authentic. The American who transcribed it wrote it down in a way that Americans who are not familiar with sanskrit could read it and repeat it.