IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Do u know about "Gandharva"?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Aum Krishna ,

I happened to come here after a myth oriented search.I wish to know more about the concept "Gandharv" .May I ask to the honoured members of this forum to provide any links or information for the same.

Prayers

Gouri

You will not find any one on this earth identifying himself as gandharva.

the vedic literature, e.g. mahabharat, has stories that talk about gandharvas. they are alians superior to humans per the vedic literature, but lower than devas.

a gandharva arrested duryodhan once.

and yudhisthir freed duryodhan from him.

generally, the entertainers - dancers, musicians, etc. - are called gandharvas.

how the info about gandharvas would help you please?

Guest guest

Thank you for your response.

Our myths and science(vedic) has strogly mentioned the existance of super natural or extra sensory beings . Since I have read a few of this sort , I wished whether I could really know how it is really experienced by humans.In my child hood I have heared a lot about Gandharva.(You may be knowing that this super being enjoys a major role in storeis by Grandmothers!!).I really wish to know a real experience from a believable source . If u ever find , I would request you to be kind enough to let myself too share

it.

If that is true , then the "Swarg" is true.(Gandarv is supposed to be a "Swarg" mate).But spirituality says heaven and hell is within you only. (Of course in different perspective).But if Gandharv is true, then there should be an invisible world , where there are Gods , Godesses, Apsaras etc etc.Don't u feel to know about it more? If u believe in "ShadAdhara" concept(6 points along the vertibrite reaching spinal code and then brain- ref:"Sree Lalitha Sahasra Namavali" - "Mooladharaika Nilaya BrahmaGrandhi vibhedhini .......Sahasrambujaroota SudhasarabiVarshini"-)you should believe that there are at least 5 real worlds and an ultimate shelter.I know a "Swamiji" who told what an expired person is doing in his after life and after how many years he will get a rebirht.Just imagine , there are several things happening around you and u can't simply experience it or not even aware of it...

If this deserves a reply then please .

Thank you once again for your responce.

Prayers

Gouri

yes. heaven does really exhist.

according to the vedic literature

there are a variety of heavenly and hellish planets.

swarg means heaven.

narka means hell.

<< But spirituality says heaven and hell is within you only. >>

when most or all people keep good thoughts in their minds, good words on their tongue and good actions in their lives, and if they are K conscious, then they would feel a if they are in heaven. most importantly, they would create heavenly atmosphere anywhere they are. asuras do not have such thoughts, words or actions. they create hell for the suras and themselves. asuras sufffer in their minds and bodies also.

a sick mind can feel hell or make hellish condition even when living in heaven, and a spiritually advanced person can feel heaven in any place or condition.

a KC persons goal is not just to feel heaven and go to heaven (because that is very selfish,) but to make sure (by united orgnized activities) that the asuras do not win in their efforts to check the activities of the suras. they must defeat the asuric ideologies first, and as a final choice (if other ways fail to check the asuras), kill the asuras.

Aum Krishna...

<yes. heaven does really exhist.

according to the vedic literature

there are a variety of heavenly and hellish planets.>

What exactly it means?You mean a physical world of that sort.(Out of curiosity I may ask stupid questions) Then what is the overall infrastructure ? Is it some other planet where planets are given the usual meaning or a subtle level which we can feel only by practice?

I have read a story of an airhostess who bravely faced death during her duty and her parents are believed to be made contacts with her where in after life she was in 4th 0r 5th "Adhara". If this is true , then what about millions of other people who strongly believe in thier own concept of after life.

Where exactly our soul is lead to ,after detatching from the physical body.What are the possiblilities ?

I don't wish for heaven. I want to know about all these things. I know ,once we surrender everything to HIS lotus feet we no longer wish for heaven or anything of that sort.But the student , the observer within me always disturbs the calm part of me to know more , more ....and more..