IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
barney

The truth speaks for itself

Rate this topic

If there is righteousness in the heart, there will be beauty in the character.

If there is beauty in the character, there will be harmony in the home.

If there in harmony in the home, there will be order in the nation.

When there is order in the nation, there will be peace in the world.

Sathya Sai Baba

Guest guest

"If there is righteousness in the heart,..."

if there'd be righteusness in the heart of say "babba" he would not pretend to be god

Guest guest

Im sorry but I think that Sai Baba has is the biggest hypocrite by spurting out this message of purity and righteousness, while at the same time he claims to be an incarnation of God.

Wheres the righteousness?

You don't get it... Do you? Krishna's birth was a human form and he declared that he was God incarnate in his yuga but people refuse to accept Bhg. Sai Baba's open declaration. You people must be blind or you are doomed to be ignorant. Anyway, it is your right to deny as an atheist who refuse to believe in the existence of the Supreme Being. Time will tell and you will not be cast out be Baba. All sinners as well as those who dispised him will be forgiven.

Guest guest

you have introduced sai baba, so you have to explain why we have to listen sai baba and why we have to consider him god..

nothing has to be accepted by blind faith, so if you do not explain, if you do not demonstrate that he's god, you are the responsible of the offences made to him

if you say such important statement that one that you know is god. yu cannot expect that everyone follow your idea without asking for a demonstration

so give a service to your "god".. explain him, introduce him properly, do not ask people simply to believe

THESE ARE THE FACTS:

Some of them are well documented but some others are not. This is because those who observed the facts regarded them as special incidents in their personal life to be shared with others near them - not as social or historical observations to be recorded for scientific scrutiny by future generations.

1) Sri Aurobindo, the master of Integral Yoga, wanted to “ lift humanity out of the painful chaos it was in”. But he soon realised that it was impossible to do so unless the consciousness of Humanity expanded and rose above the material and mental levels. However this was a tall order for any human being and possible only for God i.e., unless the Godhead descended to the level of humanity and lifted it up to a higher level of consciousness, the expansion of consciousness will continue to be an ideal or a dream.

So, Sri Aurobindo devoted all his energies to intense Tapas or austerities with a Sky-high flame of selfless aspiration, to bring down the Divine to the level of Humanity as the first and essential step to divinise or supramentalise human consciousness.

For about sixteen years his efforts continued (from 1910 to 1926) and at last, on 24th November 1926, he announced that “KRISHNA” (the ninth and the most influential Avatar of God according to the Hindu tradition) had “descended into the physical”. “This would mean the coming down of the overmind Godhead, preparing for the descent of the supermind and ananda” i.e., the expansion of collective consciousness of Humanity to a level at which it can envelop the Earth as a whole and not be ego-centered, family-centered, community-centered etc. and thereby enjoy true and ever lasting happiness and peace. This day is still celebrated as the Victory Day (Siddhi Day) in Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Pondicherry in South India.

The term “overmind Godhead” may be unusual and abstract but the name “Krishna” used synonymously with that term is not so. It refers to the Avatar or God-come-in-human-form who walked on earth about 7000 years ago, and who is well known to millions of Indians and others in the world.

The announcement that “Krishna has descended into the physical” can be easily understood as referring to the latest Avatar of God. Did Sri Aurobindo explicitly say so? No. Indeed great masters and gods are fond of telling things indirectly (“Paroksa Priya Deva” says the Upanishad): Jesus talked in parables; the “revelations” in the Bible are symbolic and indirect rather than explicit. But the fact that Sri Aurobindo went into seclusion soon afterwards and the fact that Sri Sathya Sai Baba’s physical appearance or birth, as Sathyanarayana Raju, took place on 23rd November 1926 and consequent events, do justify sufficiently, the inference that Sri Aurobindo’s announcement heralded the Sathya Sai Avathar only.

It is easy to argue that the meaning of Sri Aurobindo’s words were far from what is inferred above. But that will be an argument at the level of the intellect or narrow reason, not from the depths of intuitive perception. Can saints and Spiritual Masters be understood fully by the use of intellect only?

Once it is, at least, accepted that Sri Aurobindo was referring to an Avatar, who else other than Sri Sathya Sai Baba has shown Avatar-worthy love to humanity, Avatar-worthy divine powers and influence, and, has done Avatar-worthy deeds designed to unify the diverse faiths, communities and races of the world of to-day? Who else?

An ardent Follower of Sri Aurobindo like V.K.Gokak (former Vice-Chancellor of Bangalore University; ex-Director of Institute for Advanced studies set up by Govt. of India at Simla; winner of the prestigious Jnanpith award for contributions to Indian Literature; poet, critic and professor of English) had a different kind of doubt: He believed that Sri Aurobindo himself was the Avatar! So. it was difficult for him to accept Sri Sathya Sai Baba also an Avatar! He felt that both seemed to be fulfilling the expectations arising out of the term Avatar but could not reconcile the felt perception with his rational thought. So, he asked Sri Baba himself to solve the problem. In a trice, Baba clarified the paradox, saying: “I am Loka-Avatar (i.e., the Avatar come to uplift the world as a whole) Sri Aurobindo was Vyakti - Avatar (i.e, the Avatar come to uplift certain highly [spiritually] qualified individuals)”. Perhaps Sri Aurobindo was like St. John and Sri Baba is like Jesus !

2) THE SECOND FACT that points to Bhagavan Baba as the Avatar is to be found in the predictions of divinely inspired seers who foresaw the advent of a Divine person. Their Descriptions of the Characteristics of such a person tally very well with what we know of Baba. For example,

a) Nostradamus, the famous French psychic and astrologer who lived in the 16th century A.D., and predicted the coming together of U.S.A. and Russia, the Gulf Wars and the destruction of Hiroshima by Atom Bomb, prophesied that “He who has been awaited for such a long time - will appear in Asia - will choose Thursday as his Holy Day - his voice, reign and power will rise across land and sea - from all parts of the world they will come to honour him”.

b) Prophet Mohammed is alleged to have said certain things regarding the Master of the world or the Great Teacher in vol.13 of the Book, “Ocean of Light” ("Mehedi Moud" in Arabic)

The Prophet seems to have been asked whether he was the master of the world. He denied it and seems to have said that “the Great Teacher or Guide” or “ Master of the World” or God speaking and advising or “A Great part of God on the Ground” would come with the following characteristics:

“His hair will be profuse: His front teeth will be spaced apart; He will be clean shaven; His clothing will be like a flame; His face will be sometimes like copper, sometimes like gold and sometimes very dark; His body will be small in size; He will give gifts that are light in weight; He will live for 95 or 96 years; He will bring things out of His body, through His mouth”.

These predictions tally so well with the observed characteristics of Baba that there can be no doubt about the identity of the Great Teacher or Master of the world!

c) In India, palm leaf books known as “Nadis” are available in many states in which fantastic predictions in great detail can be found regarding many persons. For example, this author’s name, his parents’ names, his wife’s name, his place of birth, his place of work, his date of birth etc. have been predicted hundreds of years ago in palm leaves by some great seer!

In one such “Nadi”, the predictions regarding Satyanarayana Raju (the childhood name of Baba) mention his being an “Avatar amongst the Avatars” and about his “starting of schools and hospitals”.

Another Nadi mentions about his capacity to take on the illnesses of beings to save them from the curse and ill-will of others. One more nadi seems to have described Baba as the “Krishna of this Kali-Age”.

Reference can be made to Suka Nadi, Dr.Herbert B Puryear - Director of Assn.for research and Enlightenment, Virginia Beach, Virginia,US, Mother Mary's revelations in Yugoslavia etc.

Indeed scholarly persons are studying these Nadis and in some future year their findings are likely to be astounding and confirm the identity of Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba as the Avatar.

3) THE THIRD FACT that points to Bhagavan Baba as the avatar is the set of published accounts of sincere seekers born in different parts of the world who craved for the vision of God in human form from the depth of their hearts. They began their search entirely independently and reached their goal when they identified or recognised the Avatar. The seekers about whom information is available to the Author include (i) Chinnaiya Raju of Tamilnadu State in India; (ii) Ms. Anne Marie of Germany; (iii) Dr. John Hislop of U.S.A.; (iv) Ms. Occah Seapaul of West Indies. Details of these seekers are available in (i) Miracles and Spirituality by Sarojini Palanivelu (1989); (ii) And the Greatest is Love by A.M. (1985); (iii) My Baba and I by Hislop (1985); and (iv) SAI the Word Made Flesh by Occah Seapaul.

Chinnaiya Raju was an atheist, and lived in the village of Kumaramangalam near the famous town of Chidambaram in Tamilnadu. It so happened that in 1957 he came across a book containing the Teachings of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa. As he was skipping through it, a passage in page 258 struck him; It read: “God takes human form in every age to teach humanity about the Rules for the proper conduct of life and to induce Devotion”. Somehow this passage provoked his thoughts and he wondered if God did exist, whether he was available to be seen, heard and to guide and bestow grace. For hours he was immersed in such thoughts and after lunch he went to sleep and had a dream. Ramakrishna Paramahamsa appeared and behind him was seen a short person. He woke up. The same dream recurred the next day also in the afternoon nap! And on the third day the dream was different! The short person alone appeared and seemed to be pushed towards Chinnaiya Raju by a flood of light! Chinnaiya did not understand anything from the dream but he evidently continued in his inner search for the Avatar. After one month, the dream recurred but this time the short person said: “You search for the Avatar and find him yourself! The name is Sai Baba and the place is near Penukonda and Mudiguppa in Andhra State!”

For the next three days, Chinnaiya went on enquiring about Sai Baba and Penukonda almost madly! No one seemed to know or able to guide him. So, he decided to do the search for himself; after repeated enquiries, he came to know about the location of Penukonda and by train he reached it and then travelled on to Mudiguppa. It was mid-night in that village when he reached it! And at that time, a cartman called him and asked whether he wanted to be taken to Puttaparthi! Chinnaiya said that he was not interested in going there but was interested in seeing Sai Baba wherever he was! The cartman laughed and said that Sai Baba was in Puttaparthi only and that he would take him there.

In the early morning, Chinnaiya had his first darsan of Sai Baba and was surprised when he realised that the Baba was identical with the short person who appeared and guided him in his dreams! He was not sure whether the AVATAR could be so simple! And then Baba came to him and asked him “Was the journey in the cart comfortable?! Your wife is pregnant, is she not?!”

These questions were enough for Chinnaiya and he realised that his search for the Avatar had come to an end. He was a regular visitor thereafter to Puttaparthi and about three days before his death, he shouted aloud in the very early hours of the morning and to those who ran to him he said that he had Visvarupa darsan of Baba i.e., the perception of omnipresence of the lord. And he told his relatives that the call had come from the lord and others can be informed about his fast ensuing end!

Annie Marie of Germany in her eighteenth year (around 1950) read an inspiring Book, The Lives and Teachings of the Masters of the far East by Baird Spalding and she prayed from the bottom of her heart: “Oh! God, if I can be closer to you in India, then Please let me go there”. By an extraordinary turn of events, she went to England and married an Indian there, with whom she came to settle down in India!

In India for twelve years her search for the Lord took her to various Gurus and involved a lot of study and disciplines. And at last, in her forty-sixth year, she saw him! And she realised his Avatarhood, that he was verily the Divine Krishna come again! After that, she writes: “When I came home, my daughter asked me: Mummy, what is the matter with you? You are Glowing! The joy persisted.. This joy has not left me since”.

Dr. John Hislop in his sixteenth year (around 1922), suddenly felt that “These church people do not know what they are saying. In some place in the world there must be someone who knows the TRUTH and is able to directly say from that Truth”. He went in search of Truth. On the way he met J.Krishnamurthi, Swami Yogananda, Swami Vishnudevananda, the Yoga teacher Iyengar, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, Dalai Lama and U Ba Khin of Burma and went through many a discipline meant or recommended for spiritual progress and the realisation of the Self or the Truth. In 1968 at last, he met Baba and with his spiritual training, “knew at once, without doubt” that Baba was the source of Wisdom and Love - and was God indeed in human form!

Ms. Occah Seapaul, the Govt. Lawyer at Trinidad, used to pray fervently: O Heavenly father! if thou art incarnating on earth, draw me to thee and lift me to a consciousness of oneness with thee”. And in 1976 when she had darsan of Baba in physical form in India, she “knew that he was indeed the heavenly father” to whom she had prayed.

She began to share her joy and experiences with more and more people; one of those who heard her was the mother (Head) of a church. The result was the invitation to Ms. Seapaul to unveil a picture of Baba in the Shrine of the Sisters of St. Catherine! And lo! thick streams of Amrit (Honey - like - liquid that manifests itself by Baba’s loving power) began to flow from the pictures of Baba, Jesus and Mary!

WHAT ARE THE FACTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR PEOPLE NOT RECOGNISING THE AVATARHOOD OF BABA?

People of this Age, in general, are slaves to the desires related to Body and Mind so much, that they are not really interested in knowing and recognising God or His Avatar. For many, worship of God is a ritual or part of a festival when they can indulge in eating, dressing etc. So, some concept of god or some form of god, caters to their superficial or formal needs to have a core of apparent purpose around which they can weave their whims and fancies.

They are like children playing with balls or dolls and lost in their games as Ramakrishna Paramahamsa said: They don’t remember their mothers or bothers to answer their calls. But when hunger gnaws their stomachs or some limbs are wounded, they cry out “ma!” and come running into the house!

When people face losses of health, money, or relatives, when people are afraid of their future or death they run in search of God! When people are badly in need of “God” i.e., in need of solace and comfort and reassurance of the rightness of their ways and goals, any concept or person who provides these, acts as god-Substitute. Only those who need God and God alone get to know Him, fully enough and recognise His Avatar.

To understand any subject fully, one is forced to study a lot and deeply. To know about God who is the biggest, deepest or subtlest of all “subjects”, a lot of deep study is required. Many are not ready for that. This is the MAIN REASON that prevents people from recognising the Avatarhood of Baba and which prevented people from recognising Sri Krishna, Jesus Christ and Prophet Mohammed in their times.

THE SECOND REASON is that people have presumptions about God and Avatar. When an actual Avatar does not conform to their presumptions and expectations, they do not accept Him. This happens in science also. A new phenomenon is not accepted easily if it is in conflict with known Theories.

It is not the common man only who has this tendency. According to a legend, Anjaneya who was the greatest Devotee of God in Rama Avatar and Jambavan who lived during that time failed to recognise the Divine Avatarhood of Krishna. Anjaneya insisted that Krishna should appear as Rama! Jambavan took a long time in fighting with Krishna before recognising Him. Jesus Christ was not recognised as the Messiah by the Jews immediately. Prophet Mohammed was mocked because “he did not even have a donkey to travel on”! One man said, “ If you are the prophet indeed, I am not fit to stand before you and talk! If you are not and are lying, you are not fit to stand before me and talk!”.

There was a time when Baba was regarded only as a saint with some supernatural powers rather than an Avatar; at such a time a party of visitors from Coimbatore District went to Prasanthinilayam; they were tired after a strenuous journey by train and bus. So, Bhagavan beckoned from the Balcony to them and invited them to come upstairs to his room! And you know what they said in reply? One of them on their behalf said, “we are already tired! So why not you come down to receive us instead of asking us to come up?” (This was related to me by Doraiswamy Naidu of Udumalpet about 15 Years ago!) And the Beloved Lord said, “Oh! I have ‘comedown’ from the Heavens just to lift you all up (to a higher level of consciousness). So it is with pleasure I’ll come down to the ground floor to receive you!”. He came down and said: “I’m so happy to see you all! You ask for anything and I will grant that to you!”. And Doraiswamy Naidu with tears in his eyes told me, “ you know, Vidyakar, what we asked for? we asked for sweets, fruits that were not available in that season, blessing for a happy ceremonial celebration of the completion of 60 years and the like. We did not realise that he was an Avatar and really capable of granting anything that we could ask for! Had we realised that, we could have asked for liberation (from the bonds of body centered life) or Jnana (the ultimate wisdom).

THE THIRD REASON is that people do not expect the infinite God-the Absolute, the defect-and-limitation-free God to assume the Human form with definite taste, mode of speaking etc. I’ve been often asked, “How can you worship a man as god?”.

I asked such people whether they believe that Rama, Krishna and Jesus, are Gods. They said “Yes”, because they were not atheists and supposed to be religious enough! I pointed out to them that Rama, Krishna and Jesus were men who walked on earth, ate, spoke and smiled (and fumed - when occasion demanded!). Are such people of the opinion that God is omnipotent but for his inability to assume a human form with certain limitations and preferences? Surely, He can assume different forms, manners and living modes.

The problem arises because God is seen as someone outside us and not as the one who is within all of us and simultaneously beyond our limited selves and bodies. Once God’s immanent aspect is understood together with his transcendental aspect, once the Lord’s essential formlessness with infinite capacity to assume forms and limitations for play or display of his potentials and, once the essential qualitative identity of “God” and one’s highest, deepest and truest self are grasped or perceived, these objectors will realise the untenability of their view.

THE FOURTH REASON is simply the will of God! Baba has often said that only those whom he wills to come to him, will come to him - not others. (On another occasion, he has said that the time - table of events follows his own dynamic will and He like the Engine Driver of a train who waits for all the compartments to be joined together before he starts the Engine, waits for all those who can accept Him before He launches on world-wide plans for expanding the consciousness of humanity).

In this context, it is worth remembering Al Qur-on 10:99: “If it had been thy Lord’s will, they would have believed — All who are on earth! Wilt thou compel mankind against their will to believe!”.

THE FIFTH REASON is that people do not expect an Avatar to be so easily seen by them or available to them and especially to be proclaiming Himself to be an Avatar!

In this context, I am reminded of an anecdote regarding Charles Dawes who was the Vice -President of USA in 1920’s. He was travelling and stopped at a village store to get some soft drinks. “I need a bottle opener, But I’ll bring it back”, he said. The proprietress of the store asked him, “Where are you from? You look a stranger!”.

“I am from Washington D.C and am the Vice-President of USA”, Dawes replied simply. “Boy!” said the woman to a young man, “You go along with this man, and make sure you bring back the bottle opener!”.

Guest guest

oh.. many thanks

i will read better

point 3 is useless

please write also some scriptural evidences from vedas, upanishads, puranas

and write also what is the sampradaya of sai baba and who is his spiritual master... a master, first of all, has to demonstrate to be a good disciple, he have to show the need to learn on spiritual consciousness at least to give the example, as krishna did going to the school of sandipani muni maharaja

so, good start.. go on.. you are demonstrating that one is god a very important thing, many demosntrations and studies are needed

Don't you understand that an Avathar des not need a spritual master and he is born to fulfill the destiny. Just like Jesus who was born to fulfill destiny and so were the others before and after him. If you do not understand this than how could you undestand what an avathar is.

Guest guest

so your faith is blind, you have no way to explain to us the divinity of this man, everything depends by belief.. you believe that he's god.. i believe that he's dog

let us remain in our own opinion and stop speaking of sai baba.. if you speak and if he's god and i do not believe it you too are responsible of my offences

bye

My blindness in outward while your is inward. Only those who see from their inner vision will reconize the divine while people like you who are blind inside are the unlucky ones. Your eyes are seeing maya and you case is like the three blind men. Hope you will soon get the real vision.

there is s story in bhagavatam that say

that in the itme of krishns tere was an imposter krishna of god. krishna exposed it.

in india there are a few "walking god supreme"s.

and no one challenges any one else.

"The avatara, or incarnation of Godhead, descends from the kingdom of God for material manifestation. And the particular form of the Personality of Godhead who so descends is called an incarnation, or avatara."

There are various kinds of avataras, such as purusavatara, gunavataras, lilavataras, saktyavesa avataras, manvantara-avataras and yugavataras — all appearing on schedule all over the universe. . . .

The Lord says that He incarnates Himself in every millennium. This indicates that He incarnates also in the age of Kali."

A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, Bhagavad-gita As It Is

(A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, Bhagavad-gita As It Is, B.B.T., 1982, p. 227.)

The Bhagavad Gita uses the same expression, gati, to express both the way toward the goal and the goal itself, often called the parama gati, the supreme goal. As the word itself suggests, gati (from the root gam-, to go, to move) means a going, a movement, motion in general. In the Bhagavad Gita it has the connotation of the pilgrimage that constitutes human life, a connotation that allows the text to say that he who is on the path has, in a certain sense, already reached the end of it, because the end is not another place outside or after the way itself, but is already contained in it. Like other parts of the Vedic Revelation, this truth can be grasped only by personal experience. The pilgrimage that is life may lead us to its goal, which in the Bhagavad Gita is described as union with the Lord. The Lord comes down to earth and manifests himself to Man in order to proclaim his message of love and salvation. The Lord is not only the powerful ruler, the mighty God, the just judge, but also the Savior."

Professor Raimundo Panikkar, The Vedic Experience

(Professor Raimundo Panikkar, The Vedic Experience)

"No other person is our Mother except God. You see, our biological mother is a mother only for a short time, in this life. Who was with us in the past life, and in the life before that, and in the one before that, always with us, who was there? God. The Observer in us, the highest Self in us. It was always there with us. This is our true Mother. This Mother accompanies us, life after life. Divine Mother and Lord Krishna are one and the same. Therefore in the Sahasranama, the Thousand Names of the Divine Mother, one name is Govinda-Rupini. What does that mean? Govinda is a name of Krishna. Divine Mother is in the form of Krishna. She Herself is Krishna. Divine Mother is infinite Sweetness, infinite Love, infinite Beauty, absolute Beauty, eternal Beauty, ever-new Beauty. Om Govinda-rupinyai namah."

Swami Omkarananda

Guest guest

"There are various kinds of avataras, such as purusavatara, gunavataras, lilavataras, saktyavesa avataras, manvantara-avataras and yugavataras — all appearing on schedule all over the universe. . ."

show please the schedule where's written about saibaba, we are waiting only for this... the fact that god descends in the material universe as avatara is well known

(bhaktivedanta is speaking of chaitanya mahaprabhu, not of sai baba.. do not cheat us please)

truth does not speak for itself.

truth is there open or concealed, but silent.

it requires consciousness - pure - to know the truth.

then after that consciousness can reveal the truth to others.

a truth can be seen differently by differet people.

this is maya.

truth is one.

lies can be infinite.

one truth does not negate other truth.

a lie will negate other lie.

truth does not solve our problems by itself.

when we know the truth and act accordingly /appropriate to the truth and our interests,

then we can solve our problems.

hope it helps.

historians must be lovers of truth and tellers of truth.

unfortunatley, many times it is not so.

instead, what they do is destroy /bury truths and fabricate history themselves. many barbarians destroy archeological and other truth telling evidences of other cultures. islam always has done it. still is doing it.

suras need their own historians and might to protect that truths telling artifacts from the barbarians.

or better, they destroy the barbaric ideology.

Guest guest

you have no right to say such a words to sai babba plz i request you . noboby forced you to believe in him but plz dont hurt those who have keen faith in him. plz

Just before the beginning of the current age in which we are living (known in the East as the Kali or Iron age), the sage Markandeya recorded a conversation he had with God Vishnu (the embodiment of the preserver aspect of the trinity). In a passage in the Mahabharata text, it is recorded that Vishnu spoke of a time during the darkest period of the Kali Age when human values would deteriorate, violence and injustice would be widespread, falsehood would triumph over truth, oppression and crime would be prevalent. Vishnu told how he would take a human birth in order to intervene and set the world on a new course. Here is the text of that statement.

"When evil is rampant upon this earth, I will take birth in the family of a virtuous man, and assume a human body to restore tranquility by the extermination of all evils. For the preservation of rectitude and morality, I will assume an inconceivable human form when the season for action comes. In the Kali Age of sin I will assume an Avatar form that is dark in color. I will be born in a family in south India. This Avatar will possess great energy, great intelligence and great powers. Material objects needed for this Avatar's mission will be at his disposal as soon as He will think of them. He will be victorious with the strength of virtue. He will restore order and peace in the world. This Avatar will inaugurate a new era of truth, and will be surrounded by spiritual people. He will roam over the earth adored by the spiritual people.

The people of the earth will imitate this Avatar's conduct, and there will be prosperity and peace. Men will once more betake themselves to the practice of religious rites. Educational centers for the cultivation of Brahmic lore, and temples, will reappear again everywhere. Ashrams will be filled with men of truth. Rulers of the earth will govern their kingdoms virtuously. The Avatar will have an illustrious reputation".

No one can understand my Mystery. The best you can do is to get immersed in it. It is no use your arguing about pros and cons; dive and know the depth; eat and know the taste.

You must dive deep into the sea to get the pearls. What good is it to dabble among the waves near the shore, and swear that the sea has no pearls in it and that all tales about them are false? So also if you must realise the full fruit of this Avathar, dive deep and get immersed in Sai Baba. Half-heartedness, hesitation, doubt, cynicism, listening to tales, all are of no avail. Concentrated complete faith - that alone can bring victory.

In truth you cannot understand the nature of My Reality, either today, or even after a thousand years of steady austerity or ardent inquiry, even if all mankind joins in that effort. But, in a short time, you will become cognizant of the Bliss showered by the Divine Principle which has taken upon itself this sacred body and this sacred Name. Your good fortune, which will provide you this chance, is greater than that which was available for anchorites, monks, sages, saints, and even personalities embodying facets of Divine Glory. Do not allow doubt to distract you; if only you will install in the altar of your heart steady faith in My Divinity, you can win a vision of My Reality.

I have come to give you the key to the treasure of ananda, or bliss, to teach you how to tap that spring, for you have forgotten the way to blessedness. If you waste this time of saving yourselves, it is just your fate. You have come to get from me tinsel and trash, the petty little cures and promotions, worldly joys and comforts. Very few of you desire to get from me the thing that I have come to give you: namely, liberation itself. Even among these few, those who stick to the path of sadhana, or spiritual practice, and succeed are a handful.

I am determined to correct you only after informing you of my credentials. That is why I am now and then announcing my Nature by means of miracles, that is, acts which are beyond human capacity and human understanding. Not that I am anxious to show off my Powers. The object is do draw you closer to me, to cement your hearts to me.

I ask only that you turn to me when your mind drags you into grief or pride or envy. Bring me the depths of your mind, no matter how grotesque, how cruelly ravaged by doubts or disappointments. I know how to treat them. I will not reject you. I am your mother.

Why fear when I am here? Put all your faith in Me. I shall guide and guard you.