IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Kundalini and Kabbalah

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Are Kundalini and Kabbalah the same thing?

What is the foundation for both of them? Are they very similar? Vastly different? Or basically similar, but with slight differences?

Are Kundalini and Kabbalah the same thing?

Answer is No, both are not similar but I do not know whether the end outcome is similar or not.

Kundalini as far as I know is "exercise" (no insult attended since I'm lack of proper word) in producing and using human's internal energy.

Kaballah is "study" (again, cannot find proper words) of God's attributes. Each attributes such as Mercy, Love etc is called Sephiroth. There are 10 Sephiroths in Kaballah which corresponds to 10 major attributes of God.

What is the foundation for both of them? Are they very similar? Vastly different? Or basically similar, but with slight differences?

Not sure about foundation of Kundalini. My guess is, it is developed by Siddhars throught the ages.

Kaballah in the other hand, state to come from God, who gave to Moses by oral (word by mouth), together with Laws of Moses to the Hebrew.

One (Kundalini) is study of Man's inner energy and the other (Kaballah) is study of God's attributes.

Guest guest

This is for those who want to know about Kundalini and/or experience the initial realization, the connection with God with quickest possible.

please visit web site www.sahajayoga.org or www.theworldsavior.org or www.adishakti.org to receive the awakening by Shree Mata Nirmala Devi who has the power to awaken the kundalini.

Have your own experience of the inner awakening.

Hari OM:

Kundalini means rising the life force within you.

The life force is like a coiled Serpent sleeping at the base of your naval, you function due to that, since the life force is sleeping you are also functioning in a sleeping mode (or ignorant mode)

You can rise it through a mystic way called "Sushamana" which runs inside the spine which is surrounded by two other mystic ways called "Idha" and "Pingala" - and in those mystic ways there are seven mystic circles, each circle with different colors, different petals and different presiding deities. When Kundalini reaches these Chakaras you get different types of characterstics, Power, intelligence, insight, knowledge, wisdom, 8 different Sidhis, etc.,

The rising Kundalini is called Durga and the falling (it will fall if practice is not perfect) is called Kali and generally destructive.

Kundalini was first made public knowledge by Patanjli (considered an incarnation of Adisheshan, which people say is the Kundalini of Vishnu) and also finds some reference in Adi Shankrachrya's "Soundrya Lahiri"

Kabbalah was one of the A-vaidic (not Vedic) religions practiced in ancient times, where its disciples , worship God with Skulls (Kabalah means skull in sanskrit), we come across one such instance in Adi Shankarachrya's history.

Kabbalah was one of the A-vaidic (not Vedic) religions practiced in ancient times, where its disciples , worship God with Skulls (Kabalah means skull in sanskrit), we come across one such instance in Adi Shankarachrya's history.

I don't know what you know about Kaballah (or referring to what), but you make two mistake :

1. Kaballah is NOT a religion. Jews follow Laws of Moses as religious practise and only a handful of people, especially chosen elders who are above 30 years old age and well-known in Jewish society as God-fearing individuals, chosen to study Kaballah.

2. Kaballah has nothing to do with worshipping Skulls. Descreting a dead body is one of the gravest sins in Jewish tradition, because Jews believe that in Judgement Day, the body shall be awakened to face Judgement by God.

Hari OM:

i don't know What Moses and Jewish has to do in Hindu Forum, please discuss about them in a Jewish Forum.

Kabalah is one of the 72 A-vaidic (not veidic) religions present in India, please read AdiShanckaraya's History written by any author you will find the incident between him and a Kabalah leader and finally the Kabalah leader abonds his religion and joins the Vedic religion.

It is possible, that Jews may also had some thing with the name of Kabalah, but it is your ignorance that makes you assume i am making two mistake , please read more about Hindu literature before start debating about Hindus.

In fact there is some reference about A-brahmic in some Websites, but that would be very offensive to quote, basically they tell something A-braham is nothing but A-brahamam (i.e., one without Consicouness)- i.e., an idiot migrated from India and people called him A-brahmam , also there are some other web sites which say Abraham is nothing but the reverese of brahmA (i.e., one with high consicouness), Any how both are irrelevant for our discussion, since we are discussing only Hindu topics here.

i don't know What Moses and Jewish has to do in Hindu Forum, please discuss about them in a Jewish Forum.

I don't LIKE your attitude at all. Is it possible for you to shave off your "I am God" attitude when speaking to others?

Guest asked question about Kundalini and Kaballah and I have spoke about what I know (Kaballah) while others spoke about Kundalini.

I don't see what right YOU have to act like a moderator to tell another member how to speak and how not to speak. If you don't like me pointing out your mistake, then don't make it by not putting it online.

Your interpretation of Gita is fault, your knowledge of the World is small, your understanding of religions and beliefs is very little and your attitude sucks.

Hari OM:

If you are hurt and don't like my attitude, sorry for that, and i will never argue with you again.

in my defence:

You gave some explanation about Kabalah and i gave some other explanation (in my first explanation i din't contradict or say anything about yours)

However it is YOU who came back and told that mine is Wrong and there is NO Kabalah in Hinduism, and Kabalah is only in Judaism. My reply was that Kabalah was there in Hinduism and please read about it, Kabalah may also be there in Judaism, but please discuss about it in a Jewish Forum.

i fail to understand where i became rude or arrogant.

Anyhow thanks for the time you had spent in replying to my mails and i had a good time reading them...

Bye with regards...

If you are hurt and don't like my attitude, sorry for that, and i will never argue with you again.

Don't make promises you cannot keep or give useless apologizes.

i fail to understand where i became rude or arrogant.

You failed because you didn't read about the part (no. 2) about requirement of a person needs to be in order to study Kaballah, which is :

1. He MUST be Jew.

2. He MUST be above 30 years old.

3. He MUST be someone who is accepted by Jewish Society as a God-fearing person.

I'm not saying Adishankaram or whoever you referred to is not God Fearing. I'm sure he is a great devotee of the Lord.

However, he is NOT a Jews or follow Jewish practise, so whatever he know about Kaballah is not valid as genuine information on Kaballah Tradition.

And No, I didn't say there is no Kaballah in Hindusm, I said the name of Kaballah and its approach toward God is different to that of Hindusm and so far, there is no similarities between both practise, which is, by the way, what the author of this thread asked.

Guest guest

{ "However, he is NOT a Jews or follow Jewish practise, so whatever he know about Kaballah is not valid as genuine information on Kaballah Tradition. ")

Hmm...Judaism again. Wonder if many people care about Judaism. The famous Jewish Talmud ( the summum bonum for most Jews ):

"Do not eat with idolaters, nor permit them to worship their idols; for it is written: Make no covenant with them, nor show mercy unto them (Deuter. ch. 7, 2). Either turn away from their idols or kill them. " Hilhoth Akum (X, 1)

Well.."good news" for Hindus and it also seems to xplain your comment to Ratheesh People like you have no faith and pray to stone idols."

"Jews may use lies ("subterfuges") to circumvent a Gentile(heathen )." ( Baba Kamma 113a.)

"Hm.. this explains a lot. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

"Everyone who sheds the blood of the impious [non-Jews] is as acceptable to God as he who offers a sacrifice to God. "(Yalkut 245c)

"Jehovah created the non-Jew in human form so that the Jew would not have to be served by beasts. The non-Jew is consequently an animal in human form, and condemned to serve the Jew day and night. Midrasch Talpioth, p. 225-L"

Seems that this xplains your comment to Subham : :"it is foolish people such as yourself who do not know WHO is WHOSE Slave." ( to subham )

And these are just a FEW things from the "holy " jewish Talmud. Some people will lie about them but thats been taken care of too :

"A Jew should and must make a false oath when the Goyim (non-jew) asks if our books contain anything against them". ( Szaaloth-Utszabot, The Book of Jore Dia 17)

These were just a few things from the Talmud, one of the most holy books of Judaism. Looks like there is little positive in it for Hindus.

You're just a Doll

Guest guest

{ Subham to sephiroth "I don't know What Moses and Jewish has to do in Hindu Forum, please discuss about them in a Jewish Forum.}

Subham.He admitted he's a jew. Anyway,did'nt you notice the namecalling to you and others ?:

-If you believe such, then you are a fool.( to subham )

-You feel there is contradiction because you're blind. ( to subham )

-People like you have no faith and worship stone idols ( to Ratheesh )

-Now you're beeing a idiot ( to Ratheesh)

-it is foolish people such as yourself who do not know WHO is WHOSE Slave. ( to subham )

etc etc

Looks a bit like a jew who read some books, disguises as a friend and while debating is calling everybody puppets (under philosophical disguise ) and also namecalling the hindus and they dont even see it! Hmm..maybe speculation but it sure looks strange, right? Regards.

Sorry if you think you can intimidate me and start a fight. I will not be bothered by your words for you do not know Jews, Jewish Tradition or its religion.

I'm hoping to learn a thing or two about Kundalini here, so I will not bother about yours words.

And PLS don't waste my time apologizing ... apologize from people like you are a waste of time for you will repeat the mistake over and over again.

Thank You for your time.

Guest guest

You seem to be confused again, are'nt you? /images/graemlins/wink.gif No apoligies given by me. Talmud speaks for itself and it sure ain't positive. No explanation needed.

You're just a Doll

Guest guest

Yeah..hard to deny the Talmud and the jewish teachings about non-jews. People know now. You cooparated well. So thank you too. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

You're just a Doll

Hari OM:

Thank you for the concern, i understood the point.

i was just interested in some intellectual debate and finding the truth, but such debate is not possible with Stubborn people, who are not interested in finding the Truth.

As stated in "Nyaya" (science of Debates)- we shouldn't debate with six type of people- one of them is called a "Stubborn" who is always interested in defending his view rather than finding the truth, he will go even to the extent of Character Assasination (or may be even Physical Assasination, in extereme cases) when he finds his "View" is in trouble.

Anyway thanks for your concern..

Ok, I see that this thread is old, and combative. However I'd like to ask a question in the hopes that some useful insight may be given here.

Kabbalah has 3 different aspects;the theoretical, the magical, and the meditative.

Aryeh Kaplan describes it in his book Sefer Yetzireah In theory and practice:

"In general, Kabbalah is divided into three catagories, the theoretical, the meditative and the magical. The theoretical Kabbalah...is largely based on the Zohar, is concerned mostly with the dynamics of the spiritual domain, especially the worlds of the sefirot, souls and angels.

Meditative Kabbalah deals with the use of divine names, letter permutations, and similar methods to reach higher states of consciousness, and as such, comprises a kind of Yoga.

The third catagory of Kabbalah -the magical- is closley related to the meditative. It consists of various signs, incantations and divine names, through which one can influence or alter natural events."

He goes on to illicit that the Sefer Yetizerah is a meditative text with strong magical overtones.

The back cover says:

"When properly understood, the Sefer Yetzirah becomes the instruction manuel for a very special type of meditation meant to strengthen concentration and to aid the development of telekenetic and telepathic powers."

This sounds to me like it could be a description of Kundalini Yoga just as easily as one of Kabbalah. In the introduction he even likens it to Yoga(see emphasis).

My belief at this point is that Kundalini is no more Hindu than Kabbalah is Jewish. What i mean is; neither is the original. This science is a timeless one and a Universal one.

In that vein; I hope to receive responses. There is knowledge that the ancients spoke of in many different ways, but it looks more and more as if they were speaking of the same thing.

I'd like to learn more about the similarities between Kabbalah and Kundalini.

Guest AG

Seriously.  A lot of hate on here.  Most of these anti-Jewish quotes could just have been debunked by Googling and finding the source text of the Talmud, which is online.