IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Anybody believe in the "Hollow Earth" theory?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I found this while going through www.vedicempire.net

I find this very hard to believe, but at http://www.vedicempire.net/html/vedicinnerearth.html, you can find a story that postulates the remnants of the vedic civilizations before kali yuga went underground. At the same time they say that those remnants are of Northern-European orign.

"But what did Olaf have to report which would be of interest to us along the lines of Vedic culture in the hollow Earth? Well, we already know that Olaf reported human beings at least 12 feet in stature. Among other things he also reported that they enjoyed a life span of around 800 years, had photographic memory, great intelligence, that they spoke Sanskrit or a close derivative, that they used tilak, were of a Northern European-type of race, prayed to the inner Sun on a string and worshiped a pantheon of gods at least similar to the Hindu one. ( Remember that he was young when he went there and could not communicate too well with them, nor absorb everything )."

Guest guest

Vedic empire.net seems to try to maintain that the vedas came from India and there was no such aryan invasion. When speaking of the Hollow Earth theory, Northern-Europeans are supposed to be Vedic followers who went underground in a city called Shambhala.

Even if Aryan invasion didn't happen, maybe the Vedas did come from Northern Europe (Assuming the hollow earth theory is true, which I really do not believe)?

I'm not trying to stir up trouble. I'm against the idea that the vedas came from anywhere else but India, but while exploring vedicempire.net, I found what seemed to be a contradiction to me. So I thought I'd post it here and get some other opinions.

Do the puranas really speak of a hollow earth?

Guest guest

I don't belive anything to be true or not true really, but it's been found that the Norse history (which you are talking about) has evidence of being back to 30.000 years old. Who knows? I do not know anything, cause I am in this time, so I can only see, read and listen to what people have to say. It is interesting, both to read about all the myths and "religions", and the people to, you and me of the todays world. We're funny and think we know so much=P Actually, we know nothing. We're all blinded by hope for this and that and greed for ourself to have a "better life". We don't want to do anything about what we allready have, so we look for truth in what we can't see. We look for truth in words that calaims to be the truth that has hapened many many years agoe, but we haven't seen any of it really. We just see what we want to see and forget about what we are able to see, the eart. remember, that without the earth, you wouldn't be alive;) What is then keeping you alive? We're not the earth, we just live on it. What would hapen if we all had the earth itself as a religion? Would we treat it like we all do today? to me, there is nothing more importan then the earth. Anything that would be more importan to me would lower the chanse for this earth to not become a good place for the humans coming after me. I'm not the only person here, so.. =)

Take away us from this earth. Then it would be in it's natural state. Is the earth a bad place at it's natural state? I cannot see anything else then the earth being a "paradise", "a heaven". Who says that we're not allready in the best place we can be? I have no Idea, but I know where I live.

Myths here, religions there. They have been for sooo long, and what has changed and happened to the earth?

Guest guest

I don't think it was JUST Norse myth that's coming into play when I mention Hollow Earth. It's also somewhat Vedic, considering Shambhala could be an underground city, which is where Kalki is supposed to be born. What my main question was: although we hindus try to maintain that the vedic religion's origin is from India, supposedly there have been people who've gone to this underground city and report of Sanskrit speaking people who are gigantic, possibly 12 feet tall, and who look to be of Northern European descent.

Guest Guest

The vedas ,when describing about vamana (an incarnation of the lord Vishnu ) refers to as a world below called pathallam .to where he send for great king mahabali and gave him a blessing that he can came back to this world (which he ruled ) once in a year to see his people and his coming from underworld is celebrated as "onam" in kerala .

Thanks