IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Dualism?

Rate this topic

I have thought about this from time to time and I wanted to see what other people take this as.

Dualism is having opposites right? If there is Love there is Hate and so forth.. Male - Female, Happy -Sad..

Now if there is this dualistic existance does this mean you cannot have one without the other? I visualize emotions such as love and hate to exist like a scale.

Every being is comprised of a complex system of scales. For example one side holds love and the other side holds hate. Now the scale represents potential it's up to the individual to choose where to tip the scale. So a person who loves, the love side of the scale is weighed down and the hate side is lifted. The person has the potential to hate but does not.

But I then think on a different scale.. Is dualism always a balance of existance? Say for example.. For every being that is happy a sad one must exist? For every being in bliss there is one in pain? For every one who is responsible there is one who is not. This idea disturbs me because I then feel like that I'm causing suffering becuase of my good health. That whenever I tell the truth I cause another to lie. This makes for a miserable existence and I try not to believe in it.. But I do think about it from time to time.

I was wondering how others look at this.

Guest guest

Is dualism always a balance of existance?

••yes

For every being that is happy a sad one must exist?

••yes.. nature, karma, tends to the balance... if i am happy in this world it is because i have exploited some other human.. and he is sad

For every one who is responsible there is one who is not

••yes.. responsible means responsible of a negative action against some one...

This idea disturbs me because I then feel like that I'm causing suffering becuase of my good health.

••yes.. we are in a good economical, social, cultural state because we are stealing from someone else

This makes for a miserable existence and I try not to believe in it..

•••no.. you are a very fortunate person, with your suffering you have been inspired to think about the meaning of the life and you have developed the sattvik quality to suffer for the suffering of the others.

It is the time to "atato brahma jignasa".. "now i want to know the spirit"

the world is all suffering, we are always aspiring to bliss anc joy.. surely this joy is in another world.. let's find it

<< Dualism is having opposites right? If there is Love there is Hate and so forth.. Male - Female, Happy -Sad..

Now if there is this dualistic existance does this mean you cannot have one without the other? >>

no.

<< I visualize emotions such as love and hate to exist like a scale. Every being is comprised of a complex system of scales. For example one side holds love and the other side holds hate. Now the scale represents potential it's up to the individual to choose where to tip the scale. So a person who loves, the love side of the scale is weighed down and the hate side is lifted. The person has the potential to hate but does not. >>

to love or not love (hate) is something a human being can control. arjun loved bhisjma and drona, but killed them without hating them.

<< But I then think on a different scale.. Is dualism always a balance of existance? Say for example.. For every being that is happy a sad one must exist? For every being in bliss there is one in pain? For every one who is responsible there is one who is not. >>

no.

when you live sin-free, then that does not causue some other to live sin-fully. if you get rich in an honest way, others also will get rich in a free society.

<< This idea disturbs me because I then feel like that I'm causing suffering becuase of my good health. That whenever I tell the truth I cause another to lie. This makes for a miserable existence and I try not to believe in it.. But I do think about it from time to time. >>

that fear has no basis. relax and enjoy.

I thought about your answer for awhile last night and I believe you are wrong.

If your answer was true then that means it justifies one for being a Murderer. If one who acts to save lives must have another to destroy lives.. Then I decide that well If I want someone to save people I must take the roll of one to destroy them? Thus creating a hero by being a villain. This doesnt make sense.

Guest guest

there must be dualism, how can there be good without bad? whos to say something is good if nothign is bad?

Guest guest

There is conceptual dualism.. Not experiential dualism.

Take a coin.. You have the heads and the tails.. Both can be concieved and looked upon..

Now for examples sake. The side looked upon is the experience. So if heads is what is up this is what you expereince. Tails doesnt need to be experienced but has potential to be experienced and lays dorment outside the field of experience.

Get it?

Guest guest

That is PRECISELY the idea in the film. IMHO, his best movie yet, and his most artistic.

I don't want to give away any of the movie, if you haven't seen it, but it deals with the dualistic theme.

Guest guest

If one who acts to save lives must have another to destroy lives..

•••there's nothing of specific to do the god/bad balance is made automatically by the nature... if you help me giving me some food, you kill plants and animals to do it.., if you give me a good ball to play soccer there's a child in pakistan who works 12 hours for nike earnimg only one dollar per day.... so it is not possible, in this world, to increase the good, to get out from the balancement

we will have to suffer for the food you have given to me and i have eaten.. the same with the ball

Then I decide that well If I want someone to save people I must take the roll of one to destroy them?

••actually you are deciding even if without knowing it

the only way to get out from this mess is to act, to help, to relationate on a plane not belonging to this world

You have 2 rocks. One is large and round. The other is small and square. If you put them side by side you can compare them and say that the smaller square rock is the opposite of the large round rock. But If for instance you take the smaller square rock away does it CHANGE the QUALITIES of the larger round rock?

You do not need evil to EXPERIENCE or KNOW good. Just as you do not need to see the smaller square rock for an understanding of the larger round rock.

Guest guest

there's anot a problem of need.. you are right, who is in a perfect state of life and consciousness, in the spiritual world (give the name you like more.. vaikunta.. paradise.. nirvana), experience the good without defects

but in this world, or better, in our average state of consciousness, there's no possibility do do the good without even a little percentage of bad

even breathing we kill millions of living being... if you take away the the larger good heavenly round rock you leave some worms and bug without a home and they will die

so you'll have to reborn as a worm to have the same offence

the only solution is to advance spiritually and transform karma in yoga... karma will never be entirely good

THERES NOTHING LIKE IT.DUALISM.

God himself is always happy.His name itself is "sath sith anandhha bhrammam"

he asks man to remove all emotions.He tells arjuna not to feel happy when he wins and not to be sad when he loses.

i challenge anybody to quote any holy text to prove dualism

Guest guest

in the absolute state there's no dualism

in the relative there's a lot, no need of proving, but we have to face it

"he asks man to remove all emotions"..

no krishna does not ask to remove emotions, he asks to devote everything to him, also emotions.. in this way we will have gradually spiritual emotions (ananda.. bliss... is an emotion, joy, happiness, active happiness not nirvana)

the message of the gita is to offer everything to krishna, not to make a void in our personality... this is what arjuna believed before the instructions by krsna, he believed to achieve liberation stopping the action