IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

marrying outside your faith

Rate this topic

Guest guest

A few months ago I found out that one of my children is dating a muslim, and although she has been brought up to think that all religions are essentially the same, as a Hindu I was a bit upset. I have met the boy she has been dating on a few occasions and he is a wonderful and caring person. This incident got me thinking and I did a lot of research and comparitive studies on Islam and I found out that it is a beautiful religion and I am convined that Prophet Mohammad was indeed truly a Prophet and the Holy Koran is the word of God. However due to cultural conditioning, people, including a lot of muslims have taken it literally. By appreciating Islam am I abondoning my Hinduness? No, because it is only because I have been a student of Vedanta that I have learnt to be more open to other faiths and realized that religion in itself is a means to an end. All that has been prescribed by different faiths is to purify one's heart and prepare you for meditation to be one with God. What does this have to do with marrying outside your faith? Well, whether you are a Hindu or a Muslim or a Jew or whatever your belief maybe, marriage between two individuals of different faiths will work only if you both are evolved enough to realize the purpose of religion and base your marriage on a more spiritual level and as far as bringing the children up, bring them up in one faith with clear understanding of what the purpose of it is. I am not which way my daughter's relationship will go, but I faith in her that she will do fine and as far as I am concerned, I feel my life has been enriched by this whole experience and it has opened my mind up to a new way of thinking. It has made me appreciate Vedanta more than ever and made me a better Hindu. I have started studying Sufism now and hope to study other faiths soon.

Guest guest

Islam teaches one that killing cows pleases God. Hinduism teaches that cows are sacred and should be respected. The Vedas use the word Aghnya for cow, which means "that which is never to be killed". This is just one example. The religions are different and not harmonious.

The Koran teaches that Kafirs should be converted or made into slaves. Hinduism teaches that others should be free to practice their own beliefs.

All paths are not the same, and all paths do not lead to the same goal. Krishna says in the Gita that those who act without regard for the Vedic shastras never attain perfection in life. They are born in lower species of life and their future is dark.

Guest guest

man this is ... u should really get your facts straightened before you go around saying . about other religions.. i believe christianity is the religion which MAKES people who christian by misusing the system.. like red cross in africa..

Guest guest

This is directed to the person who claims that Islam and Hinduism are not compatable.

Firsty your idea of religion is very sectarian, God is not muslim , hindu, christian, He is one. Do you think that God can be branded as "muslim GodHindu God" , no I dont think so, He does not come under any mundane designation.

Therefore your opinions are dividing and causing fighting.

The so called differences in religion are due to time place and circumstance. The point is to learn to love God. Therefore if someone from the hindu faith wants to marry a muslim this is not a major issue.

However the point about cow killing I think is important, as in hinduism, eating cows is considered very sinful. This is something that I agree with and should not be compromised.

<< Firsty your idea of religion is very sectarian,>>

and you miss the matter of fact.

<< God is not muslim , hindu, christian, He is one. >>

true. only the hindus know it.

xians and muslims do not.

<< Do you think that God can be branded as "muslim GodHindu God" , no I dont think so, He does not come under any mundane designation.>>

has any muslim or . agreed to you on this point?

if not why preach to teh quire?

<< Therefore your opinions are dividing and causing fighting.>>

you failed to preach to muslims and xians.

that is the problem.

prech them successfully,

and the world will be more peaceful.

<< The so called differences in religion are due to time place and circumstance. >>

sure, but why we hindu should be under the swords of of theinvader islamists in our own country?

<< The point is to learn to love God. >>

islam loves allah, and allahm even mahammed had army

to force conversion and killings.

gita/krishna does not force any one.

can you see the difference?

<< Therefore if someone from the hindu faith wants to marry a muslim this is not a major issue.>>

provided the girl accepts hinduism.

else the there is no wisdom in such decision.

<< However the point about cow killing I think is important, as in hinduism, eating cows is considered very sinful. This is something that I agree with and should not be compromised. >>

hinduism has nothing to compormise.

but krishna gives freedom as to how much you want to be serious about. islam does not give that freedom.

nor ..

get the point?

think, which ideology makes problems to plece loving hidus?

go to some islam forum and tell krishna is same as allah or jesus. then tell us what experiecn you get there.

never preach the quire.

Guest guest

You have missed the point my friend.

My point is very simple.

Hinduism, is not even a sanskrit word. Give up this us and them mentality. Real religion is to love God.

I am not asking you to compromise anything, or accept persecution from islamic fanatics. Just understand the fact that the highest religion is one that you can attain pure love of Godhead, muslim , christan, hindu etc are just rubber stamps.

I personally feel that all the bona fide religious scriptures can lead to love of God, however I do feel that the Vedic literatures are the most detailed , and volumnous scriptures. Therefore we should try to help people learn to love God instead of just condeming them with this us againced them mentality.

Spiritual life is beyond all designations, you seem too concerned with the temporary designations and not with the soul.