IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Need Help to go to the God

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi there , I would to like join Bramachari or Bachelor groups who devoted their lives to god in India . Meaning I would like to be a Hindu Priest.

I am not sure how to start it , and how to go about it.

Can anyone ,help me to give me information how to start it will be helpful

Regards

Guest guest

<< I would to like join Bramachari or Bachelor groups who devoted their lives to god in India . Meaning I would like to be a Hindu Priest. >>

a priest preaches, tells/teaches others how to go to god.

a monk on the other hand is brahmachari and practices hinduism to go to god. he does not preach usually.

first be a good hindu by bhakti, gyan, and karnma.

then find a guru seriously and accept one.

then after you could be a monk or a priest.

a hindu priest however does not make much money.

priest hood in hindims is not a business.

it is social service. a priest gets donations.

one who is not a serious hindu by acts and deeds

cannot be a hindu priest. obe pretend to be, but the hindus will not accept him/her as priest.

jai sri krishna! -madhav

Guest guest

All glories to Srila Prabhupada

Dear Mike:

You have to accept Krishna, GOD, by accepting Srila Prabhupada.

You can go to any of the ISKCON centers all over the world, ISKCON was founded by Srila Prabhupada. There, devotees will talk you about the devotional service. They will talk you about loving Krishna and Loving Guru. You have to remember that the only way to get GOD, Krishna, is accepting a true Guru.

If you preffer, you can start reading the books of Srila Prabhupada and after that to visit a temple. There are many books that will explain you all your questions, i promise that.

I would like to help you in a better way, but at the moment i can not.

I really hope you can be a good Brahmana, priest.

Guest guest

Thanks hari bol , for your reply. ISKCON , you mean the Hare Rama Hare Krishna group . That's ok . Is there any websites that give the information about the centers in the whole world .

Just want to share with you , I heard Thirunamalai is the place of Saint and Sages . Probably this is the place that all the Hindu Saints will gather and read vedas .

I am not sure about this , hope someone who have been there will guide us .

Guest guest

Hi Mike,

I think you meant Thiruvannamalai.

This place is also called Arunachala.

Its where Ramana Maharshi stayed.

The temple is soooooo biiiig.

There lived lot of sages and munis's here.

The temple is well organised and maintained and if you visit the temple don't forget to ask somebody about the various features of the towers.

Its a place located in Tamiznaadu, easily approcahable from Madras ( the capital of Tamizhnaadu) Madras is an international airport and one of the four metros. Its connected to frankfurt, London, Chicago, Singapore and all major cities.

This place is so devine that , people say, just by thinking the name of Arunachala severs the bondage of life.

Infact, I feel a sense of vibration and my hairs rise as I enter the sanctum of the temple.

For further info, please post a message back or visit the following websites:

www.ramana-maharshi.org

http://www.templenet.com/Tamilnadu/s004.html

http://www.templenet.com/Tamilnadu/Tiruvannamalai/tiruvannamalai.html

www.kamakoti.org

Guest guest

If you have any plans of visiting the temple in Thiruvannmalai, Please note that:

1. It will be crowded in the month of december ( Kaarthgai Deepam Festival)

2. On full moon days and nights, it will be crowded.

Obviously you cannot explore much in a very crowded and noisy environment. And be a bit cautious with people looking like sages. They may not be the real ones. And to your surprise you can find a lot of weterners in this place.

I have visited the temple a number of times and can provide you with any information, assistance you want.

Also you can visit Kanchi, 70 kilometers from Madras.

Guest guest

Hi you are correct , it is supposed to be Thiruvannamalai.

Thanks , so you mean if I go there , I can meet some gurus and start preaching.

Do they offer vedic studies or place like me to become a Hindu monk ( I am sorry , I don't know how to say in Hindu ) . I would like to devote my life to god .

Basically I am looking for a place like Monastery

Is the Ramana Maharishi is an organization , which serve's place to stay and do studies

Guest guest

I think you are correct , during the Festival season , temple's will be crowded and noisy .

I don't think , I will come at the time .Can you tell me when , the right time that the temple will be less crowded.

Guest guest

Hi Mike

Do not be conned into believing that you can only accept God by accepting a certain guru. God is not dependent on gurus !!!! But gurus are dependent on God.

If you are into "meet some guru and start preaching" then IskCon is a perfect organisation for you.

Thiruvanamalai is the place for self realisation. Ramana Maharishi was one of the many sages who attained self realisation at Thiruvanamalai. There are many westerners (seekers) living in Thiruvanamalai and they might be able to assist you.

Try Shivananda ashram in Rishikesh, they train good preaching monks/social workers.

It is important that as a monk you gain enough knowledge (jnana) in vedanta, the 3 main branches are Advaita, dvaita and visistadvaita. They have their respective monasteries all over India. A knowledge on vedanta is essential as it will not lead to BLIND faith.

Guest guest

"Do not be conned into believing that you can only accept God by accepting a certain guru. God is not dependent on gurus !!!! But gurus are dependent on God.

If you are into "meet some guru and start preaching" then IskCon is a perfect organisation for you."

..we westerners learned the guru tattva from indians, are you saying now that guru is an iskcon phenomenon and india is the land of "do it yourself"?

isn't it funny?

in the other organizatione there's not someone teaching?

Guest guest

I really appreciate you guys , are really helping others.

Hope the information is correct.

I think , I will try going to Thiruvanamalai first and at Ramana Maharishi stay for a while and meet some people there.

In that case , I have to go to Shivananda ashram in Rishikesh also and decide which one will suit to me.

Any Shivananda ashram websites for information .

About Gurus , based on my understanding , correct me if I am wrong . A person can accept God without a gurus's help , but it will be difficult . If you are under a guru the path will be much easier and smoother .

This is what I think, correct me , if I am wrong..

Guest guest

"A person can accept God without a gurus's help , but it will be difficult . If you are under a guru the path will be much easier and smoother .

This is what I think, correct me , if I am wrong.."

••••as in all the science a master is essential and unavoidable.. you cannot study medicine in the university without professors and obvoiusly spirituality is much more difficult to learn because it's more difficult to check our or other's progress in consciousness

study the features of a master in the bhagavad gita and escape when anyone say to you that he is god and also that you are god... this is the biggest lie (it is very easy to verify ) and he's a cheater not a master

a real guru teach you to use more sharply the intelligence, not to sacrifice it for sentiment or dogma

<< A person can accept God without a gurus's help , but it will be difficult . If you are under a guru the path will be much easier and smoother . >>

if your goal is not to realize god or go to god, then you do not need a dharma guru. you then need teachers/ professorrs, guides to get you what you want to get. a dharam guru is the guide who can help you go to god.

he (a hindu guru) does not clain to hold monopoly for it.

Guest guest

Mike, you are not wrong. A person must need a pure and perfect Guru's help to get to god. You can study Vedas or Gita by yourself, but if you want a good understanding on it, you must seek a good Guru. And it is so easy for someone to bring their Kundalini up with a Guru's self. I don't know whether Vishnavas believe in Kundalini... Can someone please tell me whether Kundalini is believed by all hindus??

Guest guest

Mike you are right that you need a guru for learning the scriptures.

For example, the Ultimate mantra of the Vedas, the Gayathri mantra will work only when one learns it from ones father who recites the mantra in ones ears at the time of a ceremony.

Tiruvannamalai Ramana Ashram has vedic classes and they might be able to guide you properly.

Also Kanchi Kamakoti peetam is the spiritual head of the Tamil Brahmins and they something like an authority on Vedic classes. They also have a vedic university sort of a thing I am not very sure. I think its better you contact them thru their website which I have posted in an earlier message.

From the interest you show, I feel that you are very serious, and I would recommend you to read " The Voice of the God " which is the english translation of " Deivathin Kural " a series of articles of the Previous Kanchi Paramacharya one of the greatest sages the world has seen in modern times. This will be a sort of primer on hinduism, and is so well written that its easy to understand the principles behind hinduism.

But a word of caution: its not very easy to learn the mantras and the rituals and requires a lot of practice. My grandfather who was a shastri has spent more than 10 years.

And there are various levels in learning the vedas and mantras.

It took around 6-7 months for me to learn some basic mantras like rudraprashna,chamakaprashna,mantrapushpam, various sookhtams,taitriya upanishad, Vishnu Sahasranama etc.

Mantras cannot be read from the books and learnt by heart.

As for the right time to visit tiruvannamalai, I will talk to my father who is in India and get back to you.

Guest guest

Thanks again , I believe you are helping me a lot .

I think before making any decision's , I should come down to Thiruvannamalai and have a look by myself and choose whether should join the Maharishi Ashram .

Just for your information , I am not a Brahmin . Is there going to be any problem later on , because of my caste.

I believe the Kanchi Kamakoti peetam is the spiritual head of the Tamil Brahmins will guide only Brahmin's .

Please confirm on these case .

I believe so , reading mantra's are not so easy .Need a lot of practise. I believe the Ashram will teach people on this