IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

An answered prayer... a sparked interest.

Rate this topic

I dont know how anyone is going to take this. But I wanted to tell this story..

For the last year or so I had been doing research on Kama and Rati. I searched and searched the web and asked questions here at this forum. After doing so much research on them I decided to "worship" the two of them and I prayed for a girlfriend. I havent had a date in the last 11 years of my life and now just 2 months of doing relatively little worship I met a girl and am now seeing her.

When this happened I was in awe.. If Kama and Rati helped me.. How much more so can Krishna?

So.. Now I'm interested in looking into Krishna more.

I still consider myself a Buddhist but I now have faith in Hinduism as well.. I believe the 2 to be quite compatible.

I have a dream to become a Performance artist and to start an entertainment business where we donate the profits to charity.

I'm in college right now to pursue this dream. I've read that Krishna isn't into earthly pursuits so much and I'm wondering if anyone thinks Krishna would help me in my schoolwork and my dream??

Guest guest

your finding the girl is a coincidence most likely,

not the mercy of kama and rati.

in the vedic culture there are no temples of kama or rati.

of course there are some caves with erotic sculptures, but they are not considered temples.

brahma is tasked to create.

kama and rati provide him an automation

by which the life procreates.

no education is required for any life to learn mating.

by nature every one is eager to mate any time.

this is considered as animal propencity in hinduism.

dharma teaches how to control this urge and divert its energy towards realizing krishna.

when any one turns to krishna, for any reason, it is good.

yes, krishna would strength your faith in him. he also checks if you are committed and sincere. vishnu is not easy to please, and he does not get angry with you so easily. siva on the other hand pleases very quickly, but he gets angry very quickly if you do not behave right with him. siva and krishna are same and different just as milk and yogurt are same but different.

even siva has kama in his conrol. that is, kama cannot influence/overpower siva.

<<I'm wondering if anyone thinks Krishna would help me in my schoolwork and my dream?? >>

krishna will not do work for you (until you become his intimate associate) but he surely will give intelligence, wisdom, and energy by which you would succeed in life, provided you do not neglect his instructions in gita.

he is not miser in giving his mercy. he is very generous.

stick with him with faith, read gita, and you would see wonders happening in your life.

jai sri krishna! -madhav

Guest guest

Dear Tirisilex,

I hope you don't mind me fielding this question of yours. In Bhagavad Gita, Krishna states that wherever you put your devotion, he makes your faith strong. So if boons are what we are after, then he qualifies this all through the demigods who are under his auspiciousness. Even more than this, if we are doing things for propagation of bhakti, he directly sanctions our service.

According to Buddhism, the vedic gods are samsaric in nature. So in that case, the gods will cerrtainly bestow to you what gifts you deserve. There must be as well in Buddhism some worship that would award success if it is meant to spread compassion. A non-profit sounds like something that could be that. Did you see the Snow Lion? It is about the struggles in Tibet and the end of the film they showed a clip from a big concert of musicians like Bjork, Foo Fighters and many others for the freedom of Tibet. I used to work in music biz. Maybe we can work on a concert promotion together? Let me know if you are interested.

I found this one text that mentions the worship of Kama for the purpose of obtaining a mate.

It's called : SrImAn SaDagopan's tamizh treatise

I would post it up here however it is rather long. If you copy and paste the title as a google search you should be able to find it.

bodhichitta,

I dont mind at all if you wish to add some input. As for Vedic Gods being in Samsara.. All the Buddhist Bodhisattva Deities are also dwelling within Samsara. They have chosen not to enter Nirvana to stay and help those in need.

Whats this about a concert promotion??

Guest guest

yes...good point that the bodhisattva has obviously consciously chosen to be in samsara. It was something someone toldme, so I will ask again. The concert thing is something I thought of after seeing Snow Lion and a desire to be involved with Free Tibet. Like I said I worked in some big concert festivals so I know how to make contact with musicians. If you give me more info about your performance art and what not, we can talk more about it. Let me give you an e-mail to contact me specially for this new enterprise idea. Give me a few...

Guest guest

nAcciyAr tirumozhi - I - kAmanai vENDudal. pASuram 3 - matta nannaRu.

A. The translation from SrImAn SaDagopan's tamizh treatise.

KAmadEvA, I worship your respected feet three times a day with white flowers that please you such as oomattam and murukkam (palASam) flowers. Please unite me with my lover. You have a reputation that you are the expert in uniting lovers together with your flower arrows; don't lose this reputation. Do not give room for anyone to be able to say that you are a powerless god and can't be trusted. Make an arrow with bunches of blossoming flowers, and, meditating on GovindA's auspicious name, please make me merge with the light called SrI vEnkaTa vANan, who is known for His soulabhyam and kalyANa guNAs.

matta nan naRu malar murukka malar koNDu muppOdu munnaDi vaNangi

tattuvamili enRu nenju erindu vAcakattazhittu unnai vaidiDAmE

kottalar poonkaNai toDuttuk koNDu gOvindan enbadOr pErezhudi

vittakan vEnkaTa vANan ennum viLakkinil puga ennai vidikkiRRiyE

Guest guest

So someone has told me that there are worldly spirits in buddhism that offer gifts of sensory pleasure. It is not recommended to worship them unless it is temporary fixation because the Buddha offers enlightenment and there are Buddhas that ripen the karma of the individual for matters such as success and wealth.

In hindusim, we have demigods offering material boons, but I think Buddhism believes that certain types of karma coming from worship from today do not ripen within this lifetime. It must be previously accumulated merit that either ripens automatically or through worship of a Deity.

I think Hinduism's take is that it can be more quick in the cultivation of merit and awarding. Maybe this is an assessment that Buddha clarified upon direct perception upon enlightenment.

Guest guest

does this kamdeva prayer really work?? can one say just the english part if they don't know how to pronounce the sanscrit portion of it??

Bodhicitta,

I havent been here for awhile and I stumbled on this post again tonight.

You were talking about a concert festival thing?

I'm very much still in my Development phase. I'm currently in college and I am in a small apartment which really hinders my development in my performance art idea. I need more free time and a home studio to have be able have an act together.

I'd say in 2 years I'll finaly be producing something.

I need a studio for the development of my puppets and room to work. I'm in a 2 room apartment right now.

But I am willing to discuss anything if you wish to.