Guest guest Posted September 22, 2003 Report Posted September 22, 2003 I know this is probably the wrong forum for this, but can anyone tell me what "doie" means? It may not even be hindi, but I am assuming it is. I read it in an e-mail from a friend of mine, but have no clue what it means. hare Krishna Quote
Jagat Posted September 22, 2003 Report Posted September 22, 2003 Does it have a context. I don't recognize it. This could be a regionalism, but without anything before or after--even in English--it is impossible to tell. Why don't you ask your friend? Quote
Guest guest Posted September 22, 2003 Report Posted September 22, 2003 Why don't you ask your friend? I did, he is traveling in India right now and isn't accessing e-mail very often. It was a stand alone statement, so I have no idea what the context is. Thanks anyway. Hare Krishna Quote
Pankaja_Dasa Posted September 22, 2003 Report Posted September 22, 2003 doie I think it means 'give' pronounced as doh! (hehe) English language i throw my hands up! God! (just kidding) Quote
Guest guest Posted September 22, 2003 Report Posted September 22, 2003 doya koro more? /images/graemlins/smile.gif Quote
Guest guest Posted September 23, 2003 Report Posted September 23, 2003 Dahi in Hindi, Yogurt in english Quote
livingentity Posted September 23, 2003 Report Posted September 23, 2003 I thought that doi was yoghurt in Bengali or would it be depend on what part of Bengal (West Bengal or Bangladesh)? Anyway, it would help to know the context in the sentence. Also, is your friend from India and if so what part? If all else fails, just wait until you hear from him. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.