IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Problem with 4 Principles

Rate this topic

Guest guest

FAITH IN THE SPIRITUAL MASTER

GIVES SPIRITUAL VITALITY

Of course, weakness in Krishna Consciousness we should always feel. That is a good symptom. We should never think that we are strong enough. But the source of strength is Krishna and His manifest representative, the Spiritual Master. We get this instruction from Caitanya-caritamrta that we receive the seed of Krishna Consciousness through the Spiritual Master and Krishna. Therefore, we should serve both simultaneously for continuous supply of spiritual vitality. So you are now serving Krishna under the instruction of your Spiritual Master, so there will be no scarcity of supply of strength unless there is some weakness on your part in the matter of absolute faith in these two shelters.

So if you have still some doubts in pinching your faith in the service of your Spiritual Master and Krishna, then you can clear it up. I am always prepared to assist you. When you came from India to Germany you told me that you felt complete satisfaction being in Germany, having a good engagement for serving Krishna. But at present you express that you may not be feeling that satisfaction intact. If you would explain to me why you are feeling like that, then I can help you. We are trying to manage a great institution of Krishna Consciousness Movement, so there is possibility of adjusting so many circumstances. But in all circumstances we should have our staunch faith in Krishna and the Spiritual Master. Then we will never be shaken off.

There is a proverb in Sanskrit literature that enthusiastic persons achieve the favor of the Goddess of Fortune. In the Western part of the world there is tangible example of this slogan. People in this part of the world are very much enthusiastic in material advancement and they have got it. Similarly, according to the instructions of Srila Rupa Goswami, if we become enthusiastic in spiritual matters, then we also get success in that way.

Take for example, I came to your country in ripe old age, but I had one asset: enthusiasm and faith in my Spiritual Master. I think these assets only are giving me some lights of hope, whatever I have achieved so far with your cooperation...

You have rightly observed that I am simply trying to execute the order of my Spiritual Master. Whatever is being done it is not on account of my intelligence or endeavor because I am simply an instrument in the hands of my Spiritual Master. I do not know how far I have got the capacity to carry His order, but I may say that I have a sincere desire to do it. This is Parampara system. If a student tries to satisfy his immediate Acarya or the Spiritual Master, that is the only qualification for advancing in Krsna consciousness.

So I am very much pleased that you are doing your job very nicely. Everyone should try his best to do his part depending on Krsna and Spiritual Master, then all success is there...

(Letters from Srila Prabhupada Oct.15,1969, June 17, 1970)

At every moment I bow down to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, whose lotus feet are my only refuge. With great joy he reveals to us the divine teachings of Lord Gauranga, and as he is always engaged in spiritual welfare activities for the benefit for all living entities, he is our ever well wisher. (Vyasa Puja Book 1978 p.16)

what I have experienced, is thru the holy Gayatri mantra.

All one needs to do is to make oneself clean(bathing and achamana) after that chant the Gayatri for about 100 times

with an earnest prayer to Sri Krishna to manifest truth and make our minds pure. That will definitely work. (I am not saying that I have become Paramahamsa, but I am trying, and I have come to realise that chanting the Gayatri is indeed a right and safe way). It will give one heaps of confidence to do good things and eschew the negative thoughts.

Another Rig Vedic Verse:

AA NO BHADRAH KRATHAVO YANTHU VISHWATAH

"Let noble thoughts come to us from every side."

will also help.

Regards,

moorthi

Guest guest

Two ways of looking at it:

1:

a. Pray, pray and absorve your mind on something else and something useful

b. Each principle forbides you to do something right? So, as we can't repress ourselves, neither we suppose to, you have to find something that replaces what you are renouncing, Example: Eat something nice instead of the meat you use to, light incense, listen to devotional or goodness type of music, in other words dovetail your urges, finds something else that can at least give you the buzz the previous things did

2: The other way to look at the principles is that the 4 regulative principles are part and parcel of a system known as varnashrama dharma, which means that each one of us has a suitable psychophysical nature which correspond to one of the 4 divisions of varna and ashrama, meaning the type of work you are most suited to and the type of nature you have like intellectual, martial, merchant or labourer.

The "4 principles" coming as they are from the Padma Purana, (A purana for people in the mode of goodness, mening intellectual) it will only be completely suitable to people with that psycho-physical nature, others will struggle.

This doesnt mean do not follow but do not torture yourself and then give up either, be balanced and you'll make progress

Yours Lal

Things like gambling, meat/fish/eggs/,intoxcication are unwanted, only thing is sex life for children, sex for pleasure compels one to indentify oneself with the body, lust cannot be satifyed with any amount of sense enjoyement, though regulated life is what should be needed, varna system ahoy!, most ppls do have to be married, we are humans not animals, so getting hitched is the way, but certain devotees can do without marriage, there is an ocean of nectar to be tasted, and here we are tasting the bottam of the barrel/