IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
animesh

Why do some people get vision about future?

Rate this topic

I am asking this question because I know one person who suddenly gets vision of things that would happen in future. He does not see these in a dream. While talking to people, suddenly he keeps quiet. After some time, he explains what he saw. What he sees happens after a few days. Some of you might be thinking that he must be somebody who is very much devoted to God. No, he is not. Of course, he believes in God, but not very deeply.

Why do some people see things that would happen in future? Is it that everything is predetermined?

But Gauracandra ji, it is not that he decides to know about future and then knows it. Suddenly, he will get vision. It is also not necessary that the vision is very much related to his life. To give a few examples, he saw about the plane accident in Patna a few days before the accident. He saw India blasting nuclear weapon two days before it actually happened.

To give a few examples, he saw about the plane accident in Patna a few days before the accident

I was just about to ask you for examples. Looks like you read my mind. Posted Image

Were you present when he spoke about the plane crash? Did he mention Patna, a date, etc? I am curious to know how he puts it and how much of information he has.

Have all his predictions worked out or are there some which did not happen?

Cheers

Shvu,

I knew that you would ask these questions. Posted Image

Yes, I was present there. His all predictions have come true. He feels as if he is seeing things clearly, not just hearing. When he gets a vision, he gives description of what he saw. Regarding plane accident, the description given by him was exactly the same as the description of the place where the accident happened. He even mentioned the writings on one sign board. But he did not mention date.

I know him very well as he is in my relation. He is my mausa ji (my mother's elder sister's husband).

Shvu,

Have you seen the movie "hundred days" Posted Image It is a Hindi movie. In that the actress gets vision. But she sees that in a dream while my uncle gets the vision when he is awake.

Very interesting.

Yeah, I have watched that movie. Unfortunately, these visions come to them without any effort/action on their part. So it cannot be copied or reproduced by others.

Cheers

Unfortunately, these visions come to them without any effort/action on their part. So it cannot be copied or reproduced by others.

Yes, you are right. When I asked my uncle as to how he gets these visions, his answer was that he himself did not know, he just gets them.

Doesn't these visions becoming true indicate that many things were destined to happen even before they happened? As an example, we can say that the plane accident was destined to happen a few days before it really happened.

Yes. Which would imply that there is no such thing as free-will or man's will.

Nostradmus apparently predicted Hitler a couple of hundred years before his arrival. That would mean that the killing of 16 [6 ?] million Jews was already decided [by whom ?].

Cheers

I'd like to ask why God lets people get these visions. I am wondering why everybody doesn't get them, if some do? It seems as if we are not "supposed" to see the future, yet God gives some this gift?

How does deliberate divination fit in with this? Like when one looks into the trend of things by using tools like Tarot cards or an astrological chart or runes. (Most Christians believe this is evil.)

What good does it do someone to see events if he/she is unable to do anything about it, as in the case of animesh's uncle seeing the plane crash?

Why do I sometimes dream of things before they happen? (Not such big things as a plane crash, but more personal things, usually.)

JR

I'd like to ask why God lets people get these visions.

With due respect, we don't know if God has a hand in this. It may be a natural phenomenon (Actually when we think about it, it has to be that).

Cheers

[This message has been edited by shvu (edited 06-04-2001).]

Why do I sometimes dream of things before they happen? (Not such big things as a plane crash, but more personal things, usually.)

That happens to me too. But unfortunately, none of these are good. I mean I dream about only bad incidents. I recall many dreams when I dreamt about something bad and that really happened. I tried to prevent them but could not. For prevention I told many people not to do a few things which they had decided to do. But, they did not listen to me. But I do not remember a single dream when I dreamt about something good and that happened. As I said, not even a single.

But I do not remember a single dream when I dreamt about something good and that happened. As I said, not even a single.

That was another question. Has your uncle had visions of auspicious happenings?

Cheers

With due respect, we don't know if God has a hand in this. It may be a natural phenomena (Actually when we think about it, it has to be that).

It is quite possible. Take one example. Let us assume that I am inside a room. All doors and windows are closed so that no disturbance can come from outside. I throw a stone in order to hit a wall. The stone hits the wall at some location. The moment the stone left my hand it was destined to hit the wall at that location. There are material laws. (In this case equation of a projectile motion). Isn't it possible that there are some laws that even govern behaviour of people?

Originally posted by shvu:

With due respect, we don't know if God has a hand in this. It may be a natural phenomena (Actually when we think about it, it has to be that).

Cheers

I know that God has a hand in everything. Natural phenomena included. In fact, isn't everything natural phenomena?

JR

Isn't it possible that there are some laws that even govern behaviour of people?

Exactly.

Irrespective of whether there is a God in control or not, the actual phenomenon is governed by the laws of nature. If we are to bring in God as a reason, we have to do it for everything. Speculating that God must be the reason for some select happenings only [things which we cannot explain], does not make sense.

An example:

A bird flying will be considered as miracle of God, by some. But the same bird cannot fly anymore, if one of it's wings is damaged. Whatever happened to the miracle now? If the bird can fly with one wing, that would be the real miracle, which however, does not happen in reality.

Cheers

Mine are always about good things. I never see the bad stuff that is going to happen. Mine are usually quite personal, too, about people I know, or about seeing someone I haven't seen or heard from in a long time. I wonder about the purpose of these little visions.

JR

I know that God has a hand in everything. Natural phenomena included. In fact, isn't everything natural phenomena?

Which is exactly my point.

We don't ask basic question like, why are we existing, why do the planets go around the sun, etc. Those who believe in God, must believe that everything is governed by God. Yet God is explicitly mentioned as the reason only for things that cannot be explained.

Cheers

But I DO feel as if God is the reason behind everything. Even the broken wing. Assuming God is real/you accept the existence of God, how can God be separated from anything.

JR

That is it. The broken wing has to be part of God's control too. But the important thing is that the bird cannot fly anymore because of the laws of physics.

Thus every occurence is governed by laws of nature.

Cheers

Which is exactly my point.

We don't ask basic question like, why are we existing, why do the planets go around the sun, etc.

I do. Whether my questions are based philosophically, theologically, or posed purely out of curiosity (including scientific or natural laws), I ask these kinds of questions all the time.

Those who believe in God, must believe that everything is governed by God. Yet God is explicitly mentioned as the reason only for things that cannot be explained.

So I am asking, from the standpoint of someone who believes ultimately everything is governed by God, what is the purpose of these visions, and why do some have them and some not. Actually, I will even ask this question from the standpoint of atheism: What is the purpose of these visions if we can't do anything about them? And does everything necessarily have to have a purpose.

JR

Cheers

That is it. The broken wing has to be part of God's control too. But the important thing is that the bird cannot fly anymore because of the laws of physics.

Thus every occurence is governed by laws of nature.

Cheers

Yes true on one level or from one perspective. But ultimately it comes to everything being governed, either directly or indrectly, by the one who created those laws.

By the way, do you believe in fairies and other such devas? Just curious.

JR