IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
kcp1982

Srila Prabhupada is the only saviour

Rate this topic

Srila Prabhupada is the only saviour for modern man. There is no other saviour.

He made the white cow eating elephants into true followers of God who now wake up at 4am, chant for 2 hours min, practice auterities, respect all living beings, and have the highest spiritual kowledge which come from Srila Prabhupada's books. Drunkards, gamblers, drugies, and killers (meat eaters) were transformed into god loving humans by Srila Prabhupada. Without him the white elephants would still be rats, killing for a living.

The alternative is to wake up late, eat anything that moves, go to the church on sunday and ask for the daily bread, ignore God and worship a man, and while there also ask for forgivess for the sins commited during the week. Then repeat week, after week. Will this save you?

Or worship a God five times a day and also believe that he cannot be seen as he has no form. Kill a mother who gives milk for life (cows) in-between and believe that killing others will lead to heaven and maybe even become listed on the FBI most wanted list. Will this save you?

Srila Prabhupada is the only saviour.

Guest guest

with that statement, he was too generous for that. Try to be broad-minded and consider other Vaishnavas too as gurus.

Guest guest

Mr Dvaitin, obviously is not seeing this in the bigger picture.

No one is denying the exiatance of other acharyas or for that matter their exaltness.

The topic remains about the greatness of Srila Prabhupada! It is no doubt in human history that no other acharya from India carrying Gaudiya Vaishnava principles impacting millions of people inspite of color and creed.

You can go back in time and argue but no Gaudiya Vasihnava acharya has changed so many ordinary people into Krishna Conscious devotees. So, in that sense, he is the only savior. Please dont think iam saying just based on number of devotess, no!

It is how he did it and what principles he conveyed is the essence?

Because, even Christians and Muslims have the highest fan following. That is not accounted here because obiovulsy Gaudiya Vaishnavism, philosophy wise, is the poorna (complete) philosophy that talks about love for God.

Anybody can follow "A RELIGIION" that does not impose strict regulations on the senses. Because invariably the bodily senses has an impact on the day to day actions and that ultimately has an impact on one's love for God.

Srila Prabhupada preached Vaishnava philosophy to people who had no clue of Krishna and did it in a way that he changed them, not out force or blackmail but by pure compassion he had for the people (common man) and the love for Krishna and this he did it in a relatively short period of 10-15years time (no one has changed millions in that short time span and that too non-indians who do not know Krishna).

Clearly, from that standpoint, Srila Prabhupada has surpassed all acharyas and hence the only savior. I have not even started on the number of books he wrote, the number speeches he gave and the putiry of deity worship he practiced. This by no means an easy task to perform especially at the age of 70 and above.

No one disprespects other acharyas here but out of love we say Srila Prabhupada is a the savior of mankind for without his books and knowledge distribution, i dont we will have white, black and yellow people glorifying Radha and Krishna!

Haribol!

anand

Hare Krishna and dandavats

We glorify the acharyas in various ways, but comparing them is really not proper. No acharya would agree to this, saying one acharya surpassed others even if we can see that he had had the greatest impact. This is what i feel.

haribol

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

Yes, one is not comparing the acharyas based on "A STANDARD" and evaluating the acharyas. Who are we to do that!

That is not what we are doing. However, out of love we always, on order to glorify our Guru, we praise our guru as the greatest guru and that he saved us from calamity.

Now, taking this similar coversation to a different level like debating over the exaltness of different acharyas in a public setting is not the way. I agree to that.

But for our purposes, for the sake of discussion here in this forum, I think we can compare in order to highlight Srila Prabhupada's glory and comparison is only done to that effect and not to create a ranking system from high to low.

It is like saying, i like my mother more than my father- here also we are comparing but not to put down father but out of more love for mother.

Haribol!

anand

Hare Krishna.

Without Srila Prabhupada there would be no Gurus, period.

Srila Prabhupada is the father of all Gurus, and Lord Krishna is the supreme Guru.

But we should offer our respects and serve all genuine Gurus.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

To continue on my previous post on the number of followers for each religiion....Statistics says

Christianity and Muslim are the top 2 religions based on number of followers.

Now...let us step back a bit from raw numbers and try to interpret these numbers and based on this we can say how great was Srila Prabhupada!

Christian and Muslim followers....occupy most of this planet and obviously the planet is in bad condition...anyway..that is a different subject matter.

Now, the number of christian and muslim followers are there becasue people are born in a christian family and muslim family. So, they have to be christians and muslim by faith and on paper. So...we cannot consider these people as number of followers for our argument because they were in the faith from birth

Now, then, we have to only include people who have been converted for some reason or the other from other faith to christian or muslim faith after birth. These are the numbers that count for our argument.

Now, if we look at the history of how these so called converts became converts, we all know, through divide and rule policy and through blunt force and brutality. This history tells us. So, we cannot also include these numbers into the argument because they converted due to external factors other than LOVE FOR GOD.

So, if we use that criteria to assess the true number of followers in a particular faith- the criteria being- CONVERSION INTO A FAITH SOLELY and OVLY FOR LOVE OF GOD-

then...I think only Srila Prabhupada converted many ordinary men to VAISHNAVA devotees solely based on LOVE OF GOD and not through other methods that other religions used. In other words, there was a direct one on one relation between the devotee and the Guru and solely because of love and compassion, ordinary men became VAISHNAVAS and that was only solely due to Srila Prabhupada.

This is whay Srila Prabhupada is the only saviour- because he converted people into devotees of Krishna by love and compassion and not my other techniques.

Indeed...he has given a new life to the word conversion- from love of material objects to Love of God!

This is true conversion!

Haribol!

anand

So, based on that, i think Srila Prabhupada has more followers than any religion or faith currently.

Guest guest

Only God can remove our sins no man or other can.

God can only purify us because he is every pure.

Thru his rememberance one can burn there sins.

No one else can.

Guest guest

but don't you think it's just incidental? SP was in the right place at the right time. Other Acharyas like Madhva or Raghavendra could've achieved the same things you mention, but they were living in the medieval ages with no access to either the western world or to the (prejudiced) western mind.

In the 20th century, it was easy to travel across the seas, and 'this' west is not the same west that used to treat any non-western thought as garbage. They're more open-minded and so more receptive to changes. Think about that, and as one of teh posters stated, it is not correct to compare acharyas.

Hare Krishna and dandavats

Without Srila Prabhupada there would be no Gurus, period.

Srila Prabhupada is the father of all Gurus, and Lord Krishna is the supreme Guru.

I do not know how would you apply this to Srila BhaktiSiddhanta Saraswati.

Guest guest

"but don't you think it's just incidental? SP was in the right place at the right time. Other Acharyas like Madhva or Raghavendra could've achieved the same things you mention, but they were living in the medieval ages with no access to either the western world or to the (prejudiced) western mind"

Allow me to comment on your first paragraph.

Time does not make any difference in terms of preaching God consciousness. But, it does impact how one should and what one should preach. For example, Jesus Christ preached what he preached and was crucified, today, that would not happen. Same way, Madhvar and Raghavendra preached according to their community in their life time.

About access, in the medieval ages, the western community was traveling all over the world via ship for trade and slowly they became greedy and wanted the entire country and started invading the countries. This happened slowly afterwards. However, there was relatively good access and people did travel from the east to west and vice versa. One cannot deny that. So, access is not and was not an issue. May be it was less comfortable and more time consuming but there was good access to any part of the world during that time. I would go as far as saying that it was easier back then than now becasue of no international travel regulations as it was mostly trade based. So, if Madhvar and Raghavendra wanted to travel, they could have done it without any problem. If Madhvar could go and see sage Vyasa and Nara Narayanan where no ordinary human can go, you think it is difficult for him to go to the west. No way! It is just that his mission was different from Srila Prabhupada. So, access was never a problem for saints because if they wanted they could go unlike ordinary men.

Coming to your 2nd para and the attitude of the people and their levels of religious tolerance. I say, it is not so different now and not so different before. The difference between now and then is the legislature. The legislature, today, is strong to prevent crime against religion and so people respect and behave accordingly. That does not mean people in the west especially USA are tolerant. That is not a good measure of religious tolerance.

If one would look at statistics, 70% or more of America live in the suburbs and the demographics is most if not all of them are white christian families. So, in this rigid setup, if you are telling me that preaching Krishna Conscious was relatively easier than mediaval times, i dont think so especially, during the 1960s where there was social upheavel in the USA and people were re-discovering themselves and experimenting themselves and especially after the Vietnam war, and the cold war era starting, the whole country was changing and Srila Prabhuapda came here during that time to preach.

If you read Srila Prabhupada's biography, you will understand the level sacrifice and difficulty he underwent just to have a roof over his head, nevermind preaching Krishna Consciousness. In essence, preaching anytime, about God would have been difficult, now or before doesnt make any bit difference. Every time period had its positives and negatives, we cannot say now is a better time to preach than 800 years before. This is not correct analogy.If anything, it is more difficult now than before due to the amount of filth that has accumulated in everybody's mind in terms of liberal attitude towards violence, sex and drugs. People are more in the hole than they were 800 years before. The conscious has stooped so low, in todays day, anything and everything is ok and in this type of mind set up, if you have to talk about regulations and sense control...i mean....it is impossible!!

So, people in no way are open-minded, liberal attitude does not constitute open mindedness, they are entirely two different aspects, and today people are liberal and not open minded. Liberal is tolerant towards any type of action and borders atheism. Open-minded is accepting ideas with sound reasoning and logic. In no way, people are less or more open minded from the mediaval to the current day.

About the comparing of Acharyas, no one is comparing different acharyas. The definition of COMPARE is relating two entities or things to a common standard. No one here is comparing the acharyas to a common standard. One has to be clear about that and so we are not comparing.

Haribol!

anand

Guest guest

"Srila Prabhupada is the father of all Gurus, and Lord Krishna is the supreme Guru."

How can one use the words "is the father of all gurus" for Srila Prabhupada when he is not physically present with us?

Guest guest

Yes, the world is hell. Some might think it is heaven but they are usually using something like money, sex, alcahol, drugs to believe this.

For many it does not sit in there intellect that what they are doing is not right for themselves, community and environment.

Many worship, actors, acctress, celebrities, musicians, gurus etc.

In stead of remembering who they are a soul and there Father.

God has come to provide us the knowledge to transform ourselves in a easier manner.

Guest guest

i get the sense you are a christian. I really dont care christian or any other faith, but i think it is important to know the background.

To your point, i dont think people will believe God even if He stands in front of them. That is why we need some one to show or tell that God is in front of us.

Also, i dont think as ordinary souls we can see God,we cannot even see our ward president or mayor or governor, what to speak of the master of the universe. We need to be qualified before we see God and for that we need Guru (teacher).

If you have real intentions to change something or somebody's lives, then we have to follow a system.

If we have a disease, we cannot be saved unless we go to a doctor who follows a system, same way, follow a system correctly and sincerely (ofcourse, the system should also be authoritative, not some hobo system)and we will see God in action.

Haribol!

anand

Guest guest

Doctors do not heal our dieases it is our own bodies and actions that can do this.

Please do not tell me that you to the thinking that someone else can heal not only our physical or spiritual sicknesses.

The only one that can heal us is ourselves and God.

Guest guest

"Doctors do not heal our dieases it is our own bodies and actions that can do this.Please do not tell me that you to the thinking that someone else can heal not only our physical or spiritual sicknesses.The only one that can heal us is ourselves and God."

You mean to say, if you have a disease or problem in health, you dont go to the doctor. If doctors dont give medicinesn,then,how will you get cured. Your own body can NEVER cure itself because it is occupied germs, bacteria or virus, how can the body cure itself.

Healing is an internal process but if we are in a sick state physically or mentally, we require external help without which we can never heal internally. In other words, yes, the body and the mind is the medium for healing but the process of healing has to be looked over externally.

Then why doctors and for that matter anything, if the body can heal itself. Your statement is contradicatory and unacceptable.

Haribol!

anand

Guest guest

Doctors are there for emergencies and for the souls who do not accept the responsibilities of there own actions and blame an outside source.

Instaed of improving there lifestyle i.e. cleaner food, water, rest and mental well being. They blame germs viruses etc.

It is well documented about the aids hoax.

Guest guest

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

The ritvik misconception is not about glorifying Srila Prabhupada. It is about usurping the authority of guru. It is about reading Srila Prabhupada's books on your own, and following your own interpretation without the benefit of hearing live instructions from the lotus lips of the guru.

By denying Srila Prabhupada the opportunity to reject you as a prospective disciple, you dishonor Him in a very shameful way. It is the guru's right to accept or reject any prospective disciple, and those who usurp this right from Srila Prabhupada are a disgrace to His magnificent efforts.

You may as well pretend to be Krishna's direct disciple,because this form of atheism is just as bad as pretending to be Srila Prabhupada's direct disciple, having never given Him the option to accept or reject your personal application for initiation.

With firm conviction, from a theistic viewpoint, neither Krishna nor Srila Prabhupada are so cheaply attained that you can declare either One to be your guru without His consent. The attempt is atheistic, and it is a slap in the face to Srila Prabhupada, to the entire parampara before Him, and to the entire parampara after Him. Krishna and Srila Prabhupada are both so much more advanced than you or I that it truly behooves us to become the servant of the servant of the servant... not to push yourself forward as "THE SERVANT" (especially those of you whom He never even met).

The former is the theistic position, glorifying both Krishna and Srila Prabhupada, whereas the latter is the atheistic position, a vain attempt to cheapen the entire process, to cheapen Srila Prabhupada, and to cheapen Krishna. If you have the intelligence to tell the difference between the two positions, then you will give up this shameful misconception immediately. If you do not, then what can be done?

The worst thing about it is that those who put forth this shameful misconception are unable to make any spiritual advancement by this stealthy, insulting, and degraded atheistic endeavor.

The guru who is personally present and can observe your habits and converse with you is capable of knowing your position and understanding what you need to make some advancement. You do not have the ability to glean the particular instructions appropriate for you from Srila Prabhupada's books. Only those in the authorized parampara have this ability, by the grace of the previous acharyas, each of Whom followed the authorized process, and never the ritvik misconception.

Approach the guru bearing fuel for the sacrificial fire, render service unto His lotus feet, inquire submissively, and hear personally customized instructions from His lotus mouth. This is your only hope of making real advancement.

In service,

Dasadasanudasa