IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Advaita Vedanta

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I don't agree. Bhagavan himself says that the same goal reached by yoga is the same goal reached by yoga. In Uddhava geeta he also says:

"19. The Supreme Lord replied: Generally those human beings who can expertly analyze the actual situation of the material world are able to raise themselves beyond the inauspicious life of gross material gratification.

20. An intelligent person, expert in perceiving the world around him and in applying sound logic, can achieve real benefit through his own intelligence. Thus sometimes one acts as one’s own instructing spiritual master.

21. In the human form of life, those who are self-controlled and expert in the spiritual science of Sankhya can directly see Me along with all of My potencies

"

Also I was just inquiring into what really is the meaning of the words transcendental and spiritual, becuase if I don't know exactly what they mean then reading things where they are used as adjectives makes no sense.

Guest guest

That should have read the same goal reached by yoga is the same goal reached by sankhya... ekam sankhyam ca yogam ca... etc

Guest guest

assuming there is this material world and except for that there is another eternal world free of material qualities but full of variety and activity. spiritual and transcendental would mean something like not from the material world but the other eternal world (free of material qualities yet full of variety and activity).

the other eternal world is called then the spiritual world and the qualities are called spiritual or transcendental (something like incomprehensible by material senses).

things like mystic powers are not accepted as spiritual or transcendental because they are (subtle) material in nature and a product of the ego.

Guest guest

So if it is that there is this other world, then how is it constituted? Hmmm.. Ok let me ask this. When you say free from material qualities, what material qualities are you referring to?

Guest guest

all material qualities are produced by false ego. there is no false ego in the 'spiritual' world. false ego makes you believe you can do things sperate from (without) krishna. as far is i understand everything is (done together with) for krishna by his mercy (or potency). does this make any sense to you?

Guest guest

What exactly is false ego? I thought false ego was the sense of "I" and "mine" How can material quality be created from this?

Guest guest

well i thought it was the sense that you think you can excist separate from God.

read the puranas it says the outer layer of the universe is ahankara

Guest guest

Which purana can I find this in? even if it said this, how am I to understand that thought precedes matter when thought is matter?

Guest guest

Thinking that we are the body instead of eternal spirit souls is false ego.

Guest guest

i don't know exactly but i'm sure i've read it and heard about it to at a lecture. maybe linga purana. look a bit on internet or something. google. look for yourself if you really want to know for instance this; sankhya philosophy (not mine):

From Mahat comes Ahankara. From Sattvic Ahankara comes mind; from Rajasic Ahankara comes Prana; from Tamasic Ahankara, Tanmatras; from Tanmatras, gross elements; from gross elements, the gross universe. Mind is no other than Ahankara, the idea of 'I'. It is, indeed, difficult to eschew this idea of 'I'. Mind always attaches itself to something objective (Sthula). It cannot stand by itself. It is only this mind that asserts itself as 'I' in this body.

just look around for yourself. if you have questions go ask people who are qualified. don't start discussions with everyone. it's not relaxed.