IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

What is the meaning of life? Why are we here?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What is the meaning of life? Why are we here?

I know this may seem like a broad question, but does anyone have answers?

Hare Krishna

Hare Krishna

please accept my humble obeisances

It is indeed a broad question which i would be unable to put in such few words as the posts here would allow. In fact, those who seriously pursue such questions have been glorified as being very rare in the scriptures. I found these introductory booklets -- Perfect Questions Perfect Answers, The Science of Self-Realization, and The journey of Self-discovery, as very nice for such questions and they are reasonably small. They are available in the books section of this website for download (you may first need to download the fonts avaibable on the books page for proper rendering).

The recommended order of reading for the big books is:

Bhagavad Gita, then Srimad Bhagavatam, then Chaitanya Charitamrta and Brahma Samhita and its recommended to not jump the order. They are all available for download but are huge books and most prefer to have hard-copies; i find the small books convenient enough to read on computer, though.

in the bhagavad gita the point of it is to answer the all important questons; why are we here? Is there life after death?is there life on other plantets? Read the bhagavad gita by either buyin it off ebay or downloading it off this site.

Guest guest

We are here for a very simple reason- the Bible says that we were created 'to give God pleasure'.