IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
dhammachick

Rate this topic

Namaste everyone,

My name is Raven and I am very new to the forum and to learning about Hinduism. I apologise profusely in advance if I fumble, err in my questions or ask very stupid questions. I do not intend to insult anyone and please feel free to pull me up if I say anything out of line.

I have come to this forum due to several incidents that have brought Kali to my attention. My background is Jewish by birth but Wiccan and Kemetic Orthodox by choice. Kali has made Herself known to me and I wish to learn more about Her. I would like to honour Her correctly so I am here to learn all I can about Kali and Hinduism as well. I'm sorry if I am posting in the wrong section.

I look forward to learning all I can and hopefully adding something useful to any discussion I participate in. Thank you in advance for your guidance and help.

In metta,

Raven

Hi friend, Namaste,

I am also new to this forum, but not so new to Hinduism or the spiritual path. Although humble (which is always a good characteristic) , you don't have to apologies for asking questions - none questions are stupid!

Also about Kali - although i have the strong feeling you already know a lot about her - i can say the following thing.

Kalimata is a form of Durgamata = She resembles the ending of an age - or better yet the end of something. Although see looks scary - she is a divine being, and she helps to remove the old - bad things - so there can be place for new - light - things. She comes on your path to give your life a turn - for the better good. This current Age is also named after her: Kali Yuga. This because it has said the human race has become filled with rigidness - the false self is rejoicing and having the upper hand. In this time War, dispute and all the bad things of the mind are in control. This - in a way - is not bad either, in fact it is purging for the come of the greater age - Sat Yuga (true age). So do not be afraid of Kalimata, for she comes for your own goodness.

But still - although i am not good informed what Wiccan is, i have read some about it - it , in my opinion, is always better to concentrate on the true and one god - the source (Aum, Brahman, God, Allah, Ram, Buddha nature, Sat Nam, Jehova etc.) for they resemble all power and they are the true essence of the Jiva, the living being. All the other demi-gods are part of this creation, and although they may (and some even shall) help you, if you adore the true one (which is in essence yourself), they all will adore you!

There is a story how Kalimata came to be - it had too do with the slaying of a great demon -. I think you can find it on the net easy.

I hope this as helped you in some degree, may blessings shower you on your path to realization!