IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
amitgoku

Kali maa question

Rate this topic

Hey

I'm new here but I wanted to ask a question.

Recently having had read the Devi Mahatma aka devi puran (both the english and the sanskrit one thanks to my dad) (sorry for the spelling), I started to worship goddess durga as my ist devi, however i also worship maa kali. Only thing though is that I don't want to worship male gods like vishnu or shiva only because I don't get any fun, peace or high from worshipping them. Durga and kali on the other hand do make me have peace, fun and high. Despite the fact that i cannot read hindi or sanskrit i go to any lengths to find mantras and stotras for them. Only thing though is the with respect to kali, I hate it when ppl say that she's demonic, ferocious, violent and ugly. Actually I see kali motherly, generous and beautiful actually quite hot and sexy and that's how Ive ended up worshipping her with as much devotion and concentration that i can. So in reality my questions are whether worshipping only goddesses just kali and durga is okay and the way i happen to see kali is legitimate and okay.

THe other problem I have is with durga as to whether she's with parvati. technically in the devi purana such an indication is not mentioned to my knowledge though ppl do so and i worship durga as a mother goddess but more like a virgin goddess you could say.

Really at the en of the day the question is despite the fact they say as long as you beleive the goddess exists and you worship them with love and dedication and can see ppl especailly girls the same way its fine, im just wondering if i have the right mentally

The way you see Kali is the true way my friend! She is a wonderful loving forgiving mother to us all. This is the way she actually is, and she will go through any length to defeat her enemies that harm her devotees. Her derived ferocious look is only to deter Evil and the human ego. The heart of the true devotee will see with the heart and not the eyes, and know that Kali Ma is beautiful and kind to all her children.

One thing I think you should understand, however, is that Kali Ma pervades everything! Krishna, in the Mahabharata, worships this mother. The trinity Bramha, Vishnu, and even Shiva worships and falls before the feet of this mother. Kali Ma is the mother of all mothers. She pervades everything: from the entire macrocosm to the cellular level, even every tiny particle. She is within everything, as everything is within her. So, all the other froms of Gods derive from Herself!

This is found if you read the book Devi Bhagavatam (which I highly reccomend). You do not necessairly need to worship the male devtas but you should at least respect them and acknowledge that they are part of mother, just like you and I and any living being is part of mother. The gods derive their power, their shakti, and their position from this same mother.

Jai Kali Ma!

Dasha Mahavidya Mantra (invoking the 10 forms of Kali Amma):

Om Jayanti Mangala Kali

Bhadra Kali Kapalini

Durga Shama Shiva Dhatree

Swaha Swadha Namasote

There are surely others more qualified to respond than I, but I will share what I can. It's easy to worship a deity who is beautiful and corresponds to your beliefs, but reverence for a deity who is challenging to worship is what makes you grow spiritually. Consider all of the people who consider Kali to be ugly, violent, demonic, but worship her anyway. She is all of these things whether you like it or not, so the question is not how to change Kali to match your perspective, but how to change your perspective to incorporate all that she is.

Remember that peace, fun, and high are all wonderful things, but difficulty, frustration, and pain are as well.

I hope I have been helpful, and I encourage anyone to correct me.

Bhadrakali aspect first manifested when Sage Daksa performed a great Homa, but did not invite Lord Shiva. Paravathi manifested as his daughter, Sati, and became very angry when she found out that her beloved Siva was not invited. In that anger, Bahdrakali manifested as a strong destructive cosmic force. Mahakali has very deep symbolic and metaphorical implication. She is described as a ferocious, terrible, awe-inspiring and uncontrollable manifestation in the cosmos when extremely powerful demons (Asuras) have the upper hand over angelical (Devas) cosmic forces.

Jai Kali Ma!

Dasha Mahavidya Mantra (invoking the 10 forms of Kali Amma):

Om Jayanti Mangala Kali

Bhadra Kali Kapalini

Durga Shama Shiva Dhatree

Swaha Swadha Namasote

Namaskar!

Can you write this mantra in devanagari?

Thanks

Please find a guru to teach you the best way of looking at the divine. it is written in the devi bhagvatam that the divine mother is the same as the trinity - bramha, shiva and vishnu. it also goes goes furthur to say that he who finds difference between them is ignorant in understanding. 

Please find a guru to teach you the best way of looking at the divine. it is written in the devi bhagvatam that the divine mother is the same as the trinity - bramha, shiva and vishnu. it also goes goes furthur to say that he who finds difference between them is ignorant in understanding. 

hmm

Hello thank you for your interesting advice and others

As this question and my post was not meant to be disrespectful in any way to anyone so I do apologize, I simply stated what was on my mind at the time, But I am confused as why a person may not simply choose to worship one deity of interest if they truly are dedicated and have steadfast devotion to the deity of choice.

I personally have a philosphy that worshipping and religion are a highly personal choice not dictated by society but by the individual himself and god has several forms so its possible it may not come in the same form or image to everyone. I mean if a person decides to worhsip every deity but has absolutely no resolve or even dedication or trust towards that deity what good is it to worship then as also stated in the bhagvad gita as well that there is no fruit to worshipping when a person just worships but hasn't even concentrated their mind on the god.

But in this case, if a goddess is for some reason the only thing I can concentrate on to the point that i actually attain an empty mind isn't that alot better to worship the one goddess I truly respect, love and trust, whether in happiness or sadness I truly remember her all the time. Isn't this a lot better then doing fake worship. Granted I also have a huge amount of respect for this goddess despite what you might be thinking based off the post due to the akward nature of the words I used, I do apologize on that I didn't think it was going to be taken so literally.

I do admit that perhaps the most appealing thing about this goddess to me is their ability to kill demons and fight and their feriousness and awesome power and mastery of weapons beyond even gods which is probably what that post was trying to convey (perhaps badly posed),

But is it truly wrong to visualize these goddesses in a more warrior-like and fierce and killer form then perhaps the more motherly side, granted most if not all people do worship her as a kind motherly goddess and see her as such. For some reason, my heart and mind is somehow unwilling to believe that the strongest goddess that I trust and love could ever follow anyone else's command and orders. I seem to hate the idea my goddess can even be controlled by anyone. Power in my opinion is uncontrollable and I see her in an uncontrolled and most destructive form which no one can stop, is that really a wrong way to look and worship her???

Guest colin

My friend you have echoed my feelings exactly. Jai ma Kali..my phone us full of kali mantras ex YouTube. Some if the pictures I don't like as the don't confirm to my visualization of Ma Kali Regards Colin