IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
LotusSwan134

Ishta Devatas: Personality or Birth? (PLEASE Answer this question)

Rate this topic

Okay, I don't know if i've posted this in the right forum but I put it in because of Ishta Devatas often being calculated by the astrological chart.

So anyway. My question is this: Is your Ishta Devata based on personality or birth dates?

I ask this because when I think about Ishta Devatas being matched by personality I think I know which mine would be. On the other hand, I saw a calendar on the internet that has every day of the year on it and which deity and the deity that was my Ishta Devata from there was a different deity to the one I would have thought (although, I do quite like the deity from the calendar, and I think I do have some personality traits of that deity).

Also, my other question would be: If Ishta Devatas are calculated from birth dates, how would I go about doing that?

And another thing, I haven't mentioned the deities in question because I read a quote (although I don't know if it's true) that you should never reveal who your Ishta Devata is. So I haven't mentioned the deities' names. If it's not true, then I'll happily say which deities they were.