IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Hari Shankar

Difference between Rudraksha and Bhadraksha

Rate this topic

Hi,

I am living in Chennai. Recently I was trying to buy a 5 Mukhi rudraksha for wearing it. But in the shops near by my area I couldn't find any original rudraksha's. Most of them are fake. . .

I could see the hole in between is perfectly cylindrical and man made.

I went to thiruvannamalai recently. There I bought one 5 Mukhi Rudraksha. I was not convinced on its originality but even then I bought it. The rudraksha I have now seems to have natural contours between faces but the hole in the centre seems to be man made since its perfectly cylindrical. I got a doubt whether it would be Bhadraksha. But when I kept the bead between two copper coins the bead slightly deflected. I am getting confused because of this.

Will bhadraksha also deflect slightly when kept between copper coins ?

In that case how can we differentiate a rudraksha from bhadraksha or other inferior quality beads.

Where can we get a original Rudraksha bead. Please let me know . . .

Thanks you.

Regards,

Hari

Rudraksha and Bhadraksha are same in the look. But Bhadraksha are light in weight and float in the water. Hold the bhadraksha beads in your right palm and close your hand. Did you feel any vibration. If not then it is Bhadraksha. Real Rudraksha gives that vibrating feelings like you are hearing heart beat. Bhadraksha are flatten whereas Rudraksha is bit pointed near the head.

Regards,

Bharati

Differences between real and fake rudrakshas

A real rudraksha

A fake rudraksha

1. Form

Flat like a fish

Round

2. Colour (reddish)

Fast

Runs when washed in

water

3. If thrown in water

Sinks immediately

Either floats or sinks

gradually with wavy

movements

4. An opening thoughout

its length

Present

Has to be made with

a needle

5. Rotation about itself

when hung in a copper

vessel or in water.

Occurs

Does not occur

6. Which frequencies

does it absorb?

Sama (Sattva)

-

Omm!! now a days market is flooded with fake rudraksha..as I know there are some test which can identify a real rudraksha. Place the rudraksha in a glass of water, original will not float. next watch the curves of the mukhs...they will be originally curved, you can ealisy identify the hand made curves, keep the rudraksha dipped in cold water for few days, all its colour will washed off. Now dip in pure mustered oil, you will see the black-brownish look with a glow. And the test between two copper coins is not authentic. You can place any bread between two copper coins, it will move.

Omm...