IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Ramana Maharshi Says One Becomes Whatever He Desires (Yat Bhavam Tat Bhavati)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

On seeing various disputations and arguments amongst inmates in the Asram, a devotee asked Bhagavan Ramana: " Why these people are behaving like this, even after coming to the Asram? " Bhagavan Ramana said smilingly, " What to do?All that is inside has to come out.Even without anything inside, nothing will come out.Whether it is good or bad that is coming out, it is all good for them. "  

Once, Annamalai Swami asked Bhagavan Ramana: " How come some devotees, who are doing service to Bhagavan and even staying with Him, since a long time, go into bad habits? "

Bhagavan Ramana replied: " What to do? Even Jaya, Vijaya, who were ever in the presence of Maha Vishnu, in Vaikunta, became demons? It is all the play of unkilled ego. "

The devotee further asked: " Jnanis are like mirror. So all the thoughts of the people nearby, be they good or bad, are coming out, is it not? " Bhagavan answered: " Yes.The thoughts of good and bad people are reflecting in My Presence. What can one do about it?I shall give you an example.Whenever Annamalai Swami came into the Hall,I asked him some details about the construction work.Once a devotee asked me, " Why are you always asking Annamalai Swami, about construction details, without giving him any upadesa? " ,I answered: " What to do?Whenever he comes inside the Hall,I only see buildings and not Annamalai Swami.Further, only when I ask details about construction activities, he is satisfied.It does not mean that he is not doing meditation or vichara.His thoughts are always about construction and he gets satisfied if I ask him for such details with great interest.His bhavana is satisfied.Yat bhavam, tat bhavati "

The same Annamalai Swami was, after 12 years, instructed by Bhagavan to do atma vichara.He did it faithfully, all his doubts were clarified and he attained Self Realization in a few years therefter! 

Sources: 1) Sri Ramansramam - Vazhvum Ninaivum - Tamil.Suri Nagamma.2) Sri Ramana Ninaivugal - Tamil - Annamalai Swami.