IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hi I am new to this

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, I certainly respect your opinion. But, I do know many Catholic women who

would argue this point.(My wife, for one!)

Bill-in Utah

Heretically worshipping his wife.

, Blue Rose <bluerose156 wrote:

>

> Ha, no they don't. I remember being fed that answer from someone, and it

> really just comes down to " We don't like the wimmins. "

>

> Catholicism is a seriously misogynistic faith. There's just no getting

> around it.

>

> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:08 AM, shinobibombay <shinobibombaywrote:

>

> > As for female clergy. I don't really have an answer for you. However, I

> > know from personal experience that the woman almost always winds up running

> > things anyway.

>

>

>

>

> --

> AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156

> http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com

> ~

> Boston_Gothic

> Boston_Mystic

> Boston-Pagans

>

Guest guest

Hi BillI'm afraid you're wrong there. What the Pope actually said was: " AIDS is a tragedy that cannot be overcome by money alone, that cannot be

overcome through the distribution of condoms, which even aggravates the

problems " You notice that... " the distribution of condoms... aggravates the problems " . Direct quote, not taken out of context.BBPeter2009/3/31 shinobibombay <shinobibombay

Hey, Peter!

Actually, this is another example of how things get misconstrued in the media. What the pope said is that condoms won't stop the spread of AIDS. He did not say they 'contribute' to the spread of AIDS. What contributes to the spread of AIDS is promiscuity and indiscretion.

Bill-in Utah

, Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote:

>

> Hi Bill

>

> I don't think Benedict is a patch on John Paul I, when it comes to being

> progressive. But sadly JP only had 33 days. It would be very interesting to

> see how different the Catholic Church would be if he had lived a little

> longer!

>

> However, while I don't want to ruffle feathers, I do have severe objections

> to the statement that " condoms contribute to the spread of AIDS " , which is

> not only nonsense, but is also deeply irresponsible, coming from a man who

> is trusted by many millions of people, and considered by lots of them to be

> infallible. I think it shows a great fallibility to make a statement which

> is likely to result in the deaths of many millions of people. If he was a

> pharmaceutical company, he would be severely fined, and possibly shut down

> for making false medical claims, but because he's the Catholic Church,

> apparently he can say what he likes.

>

> BB

> Peter

>

>

---

To send an email to -! Groups Links

<*>

/

<*> Your email settings:

Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

/join

( ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

-digest

-fullfeatured

<*>

Guest guest

Hi BillBut I know numerous ex-Catholic women who would!BBPeter2009/3/31 shinobibombay <shinobibombay

Well, I certainly respect your opinion. But, I do know many Catholic women who would argue this point.(My wife, for one!)

Bill-in Utah

Heretically worshipping his wife.

, Blue Rose <bluerose156 wrote:

>

> Ha, no they don't. I remember being fed that answer from someone, and it

> really just comes down to " We don't like the wimmins. "

>

> Catholicism is a seriously misogynistic faith. There's just no getting

> around it.

>

> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:08 AM, shinobibombay <shinobibombaywrote:

>

> >  As for female clergy. I don't really have an answer for you. However, I

> > know from personal experience that the woman almost always winds up running

> > things anyway.

>

>

>

>

> --

> AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156

> http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com

> ~

> Boston_Gothic

> Boston_Mystic

> Boston-Pagans

>

---

To send an email to -! Groups Links

<*>

/

<*> Your email settings:

Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

/join

( ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

-digest

-fullfeatured

<*>

Guest guest

Brainwashing. All too easy to accept a faith you're used to, even if they believe you're second class.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:35 AM, shinobibombay <shinobibombay wrote:

Well, I certainly respect your opinion. But, I do know many Catholic women who would argue this point.(My wife, for one!)

Bill-in UtahHeretically worshipping his wife.

, Blue Rose <bluerose156 wrote:>> Ha, no they don't. I remember being fed that answer from someone, and it

> really just comes down to " We don't like the wimmins. " >> Catholicism is a seriously misogynistic faith. There's just no getting> around it.>> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:08 AM, shinobibombay <shinobibombaywrote:

>> >  As for female clergy. I don't really have an answer for you. However, I> > know from personal experience that the woman almost always winds up running> > things anyway.

>>>>> --> AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156> http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com> ~> Boston_Gothic

> Boston_Mystic> Boston-Pagans

>

---To send an email to -! Groups Links<*>    /

<*> Your email settings:   Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to:   /join

( ID required)<*> To change settings via email:   -digest    -fullfeatured

<*>

Guest guest

Hi Peter

He sounds confused!

BBJo

-

Peter Kebbell

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 10:28 AM

Re: Re: Hi I am new to this

Hi JoNone... he gave us a big long talk on how "satisfying" sex was in various sorts of relationships, and then ended by announcing that he was a virgin. But then if he had those views on Jesus, I'm not surprised!BBPeter

2009/3/31 heartwerk <jo.heartwork >

I wonder what sort of relationship he has!BBJo , Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote:>> Well, I did once go to a talk by a vicar who claimed that the relationship> we have with Jesus should be the same as the one we have with our husband /> wife. I suspect he was confused... but it certainly shed a new light on> Christianity for me :-)>> BB> Peter>>> 2009/3/30 Blue Rose <bluerose156

>> > Given Beltaine, perhaps Mary Magdalene. :)> >> > Unless Jesus has gone Oedipal on our asses.> >> > On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Dena Jo <DenaJo2 wrote:> >> >> Wow! I never before made the connection between Jesus and Mary and the> >> God and Goddess... How did I not see that?> >>> >>> >> - DJ> >>> >> -----------------------> >> Always remember: Today's mighty oak is simply> >> yesterday's nut that held its ground...> >>> >>> >> ------------------------------> >> ** *On> >> Behalf Of *shinobibombay> >> *Sent:* Monday, March 30, 2009 5:56 AM> >> *To:* > >> *Subject:* Re: Hi I am new to this> >>> >> Hi, Katie.> >> For the record. I am no longer Wiccan. Although, I am still very Wiccan> >> friendly and sympathetic. I WAS Wiccan from about 1978 ( when I may have> >> been a "whoopie" Witch. I got more serious as time went on. I am now> >> Catholic as of about 6 years or so a go. (don't freak out! I have my> >> reasons!)I have forgot nothing. And still follow much of the ideals. I just> >> prefer Mary and Jesus and the saints as my god-forms. Although, admitting> >> this may get me labeled as a heretic.> >> My point was more along the lines of being Vegan. And there may be> >> "whoopie Vegans, too!> >> All generations have their styles. "Flower child", punk, emo, mods,> >> retro,... whatever.Trust me,... I HATE "labels". I know that when you are a> >> serious "Type" then the posers can be annoying. I think that during the> >> growing process of becoming anything we all go through phases. In time, the> >> true Witches and/or Vegans (not necessarily the same thing although> >> embracing similar sensibilities) will flourish and the wannabes will be> >> naturally weeded out.> >>> >> I am hoping that the more positive aspects of all this can be emphasized> >> and the negative terrorist/unpatriotic/anti-social aspects of BOTH movements> >> can be downplayed by those of us who understand what it is we are truly> >> trying to accomplish here. Which, I think, is a long term sustainable> >> planet!> >> Like the )O( by the way!> >>> >> Oh,... and 'kudos' for not trying to change the hubbie. I would've> >> resisted it myself. Besides, I remember the camaraderie of the so-called> >> "male mysteries", with all the wild-man stuff etc...> >>> >> Bill- in Utah> >>> >> <%40>, katie> >> scott <east_watch@> wrote:> >> >> >> >> >> > Hi my kids are 5 and 19 months, and my husband is not a vegan and I will> >> not forces him to be. I like him just the way he is.> >> >> >> > Bill I think I have a word for you it is used up here to distinguish the> >> fake witchy Goths from the rest of the Wiccans around here. "whoopee" vegan.> >> this handy word can be put on any person that is fake or is doing the action> >> to get attention or is phasing.> >> >> >> > feel free to pass it around. :D> >> >> >> > katie )O(> >> >> >> > Bill wrought> >> >> >> > "There is a stigma attached to the word "vegan" here in Utah. It seems> >> the the Mormon youth have taken it to the extreme; calling themselves> >> 'straightedgers' and acting more like skinhead punks. Beating people up for> >> eating meat and damaging peoples property and setting the minks free and> >> stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love the sex pistols and the ramones,et al...,> >> and I am very much an animal welfare advocate. But, the wannabe> >> gangsta/Peta/ Greenpeace people have made us appear like anarchists and> >> terrorists in the local governments eyes.> >> >> >> > Bill- in Utah> >> >> >> > If it runs away from you because it doesn't want to die and has a> >> mommy,... I don't want to eat it."> >> >> >>> >>> >>> >>> >> >> > --> > AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156> > http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com> > ~> > Boston_Gothic> > Boston_Mystic> > Boston-Pagans> >> >> >> >>---

To send an email to -

Guest guest

s far as I am aware - taking responsibility for your own actions is a Pagan ethic too.

Jo

-

shinobibombay

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 1:23 PM

Re: Hi I am new to this

Sex isn't bad. Catholics just ask that we take personal responsibility for our actions. It's all about common sense. Gee whiz,... How are we supposed to repopulate if sex is bad? Excess promiscuity with multiple partners is bad for you. Just like smoking cigarettes or drinking too much is bad for you. But, sex is not bad in and of it self.Bill-in Utah(With that legendary Vegan libido) , Blue Rose <bluerose156 wrote:>> I definitely don't take mine literally, but if the symbolism has no meaning,> then what's the point?> > In my pantheon we have virgin goddesses, mothers, wives, women who get it on> and love it, et cetera. There's a nice, wide range; none of that "sex is> bad" stuff.>

Guest guest

I'm not obsessed with sex. I think it is a very good thing in a loving relationship. I can't see the point of foregoing a loving relationship with another human if one is possible.

Jo

-

shinobibombay

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 1:27 PM

Holy orders, as a priest, monk or nun, means that you are married to God. I know this sounds funny to our ears because we are obsessed with sex. But, it is a sort of hermitage and asceticism. (When followed properly) Definately not for the weak of will.Bill-in UtahMarried to an Irish Catholic , "heartwerk" <jo.heartwork wrote:>> I wonder what sort of relationship he has!> > BB> Jo> > , Peter Kebbell <metalscarab@> wrote:> >> > Well, I did once go to a talk by a vicar who claimed that the relationship> > we have with Jesus should be the same as the one we have with our husband /> > wife. I suspect he was confused... but it certainly shed a new light on> > Christianity for me :-)> > > > BB> > Peter> > > > > > 2009/3/30 Blue Rose <bluerose156@>> > > > > Given Beltaine, perhaps Mary Magdalene. :)> > >> > > Unless Jesus has gone Oedipal on our asses.> > >> > > On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Dena Jo <DenaJo2@> wrote:> > >> > >> Wow! I never before made the connection between Jesus and Mary and the> > >> God and Goddess... How did I not see that?> > >>> > >>> > >> - DJ> > >>> > >> -----------------------> > >> Always remember: Today's mighty oak is simply> > >> yesterday's nut that held its ground...> > >>> > >>> > >> ------------------------------> > >> ** *On> > >> Behalf Of *shinobibombay> > >> *Sent:* Monday, March 30, 2009 5:56 AM> > >> *To:* > > >> *Subject:* Re: Hi I am new to this> > >>> > >> Hi, Katie.> > >> For the record. I am no longer Wiccan. Although, I am still very Wiccan> > >> friendly and sympathetic. I WAS Wiccan from about 1978 ( when I may have> > >> been a "whoopie" Witch. I got more serious as time went on. I am now> > >> Catholic as of about 6 years or so a go. (don't freak out! I have my> > >> reasons!)I have forgot nothing. And still follow much of the ideals. I just> > >> prefer Mary and Jesus and the saints as my god-forms. Although, admitting> > >> this may get me labeled as a heretic.> > >> My point was more along the lines of being Vegan. And there may be> > >> "whoopie Vegans, too!> > >> All generations have their styles. "Flower child", punk, emo, mods,> > >> retro,... whatever.Trust me,... I HATE "labels". I know that when you are a> > >> serious "Type" then the posers can be annoying. I think that during the> > >> growing process of becoming anything we all go through phases. In time, the> > >> true Witches and/or Vegans (not necessarily the same thing although> > >> embracing similar sensibilities) will flourish and the wannabes will be> > >> naturally weeded out.> > >>> > >> I am hoping that the more positive aspects of all this can be emphasized> > >> and the negative terrorist/unpatriotic/anti-social aspects of BOTH movements> > >> can be downplayed by those of us who understand what it is we are truly> > >> trying to accomplish here. Which, I think, is a long term sustainable> > >> planet!> > >> Like the )O( by the way!> > >>> > >> Oh,... and 'kudos' for not trying to change the hubbie. I would've> > >> resisted it myself. Besides, I remember the camaraderie of the so-called> > >> "male mysteries", with all the wild-man stuff etc...> > >>> > >> Bill- in Utah> > >>> > >> <%40>, katie> > >> scott <east_watch@> wrote:> > >> >> > >> >> > >> > Hi my kids are 5 and 19 months, and my husband is not a vegan and I will> > >> not forces him to be. I like him just the way he is.> > >> >> > >> > Bill I think I have a word for you it is used up here to distinguish the> > >> fake witchy Goths from the rest of the Wiccans around here. "whoopee" vegan.> > >> this handy word can be put on any person that is fake or is doing the action> > >> to get attention or is phasing.> > >> >> > >> > feel free to pass it around. :D> > >> >> > >> > katie )O(> > >> >> > >> > Bill wrought> > >> >> > >> > "There is a stigma attached to the word "vegan" here in Utah. It seems> > >> the the Mormon youth have taken it to the extreme; calling themselves> > >> 'straightedgers' and acting more like skinhead punks. Beating people up for> > >> eating meat and damaging peoples property and setting the minks free and> > >> stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love the sex pistols and the ramones,et al...,> > >> and I am very much an animal welfare advocate. But, the wannabe> > >> gangsta/Peta/ Greenpeace people have made us appear like anarchists and> > >> terrorists in the local governments eyes.> > >> >> > >> > Bill- in Utah> > >> >> > >> > If it runs away from you because it doesn't want to die and has a> > >> mommy,... I don't want to eat it."> > >> >> > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> > >> > >> > > --> > > AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156> > > http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com> > > ~> > > Boston_Gothic> > > Boston_Mystic> > > Boston-Pagans> > >> > >> > > > > >> >>

Guest guest

Good points.

Jo

-

Blue Rose

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 3:13 PM

Re: Re: Hi I am new to this

Er, it's a bit more than that. How about the stance on birth control? Or on female clergy?

I've heard that they glorify women who choose to die in childbirth versus abort the baby. That's nuts.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 8:23 AM, shinobibombay <shinobibombay > wrote:

Sex isn't bad. Catholics just ask that we take personal responsibility for our actions. It's all about common sense. Gee whiz,... How are we supposed to repopulate if sex is bad? Excess promiscuity with multiple partners is bad for you. Just like smoking cigarettes or drinking too much is bad for you. But, sex is not bad in and of it self.Bill-in Utah(With that legendary Vegan libido)

, Blue Rose <bluerose156 wrote:>> I definitely don't take mine literally, but if the symbolism has no meaning,> then what's the point?>> In my pantheon we have virgin goddesses, mothers, wives, women who get it on> and love it, et cetera. There's a nice, wide range; none of that "sex is> bad" stuff.>

---To send an email to -

Guest guest

While promiscuity does lead to the spread of AIDS I believe a large population in Africa have not been promiscuous and have been infected by promiscuous partners. Would it not have been better for them if condoms had been used and protected them from contracting the virus?

Jo

-

shinobibombay

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 4:31 PM

Hey, Peter!Actually, this is another example of how things get misconstrued in the media. What the pope said is that condoms won't stop the spread of AIDS. He did not say they 'contribute' to the spread of AIDS. What contributes to the spread of AIDS is promiscuity and indiscretion. Bill-in Utah , Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote:>> Hi Bill> > I don't think Benedict is a patch on John Paul I, when it comes to being> progressive. But sadly JP only had 33 days. It would be very interesting to> see how different the Catholic Church would be if he had lived a little> longer!> > However, while I don't want to ruffle feathers, I do have severe objections> to the statement that "condoms contribute to the spread of AIDS", which is> not only nonsense, but is also deeply irresponsible, coming from a man who> is trusted by many millions of people, and considered by lots of them to be> infallible. I think it shows a great fallibility to make a statement which> is likely to result in the deaths of many millions of people. If he was a> pharmaceutical company, he would be severely fined, and possibly shut down> for making false medical claims, but because he's the Catholic Church,> apparently he can say what he likes.> > BB> Peter> >

Guest guest

That it is. It's HEAVILY emphasized in Hellenic faith, in fact.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:18 PM, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork wrote:

s far as I am aware - taking responsibility for your own actions is a Pagan ethic too.

Jo

-

shinobibombay

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 1:23 PM

Sex isn't bad. Catholics just ask that we take personal responsibility for our actions. It's all about common sense. Gee whiz,... How are we supposed to repopulate if sex is bad? Excess promiscuity with multiple partners is bad for you. Just like smoking cigarettes or drinking too much is bad for you. But, sex is not bad in and of it self.

Bill-in Utah(With that legendary Vegan libido) , Blue Rose <bluerose156 wrote:>> I definitely don't take mine literally, but if the symbolism has no meaning,

> then what's the point?> > In my pantheon we have virgin goddesses, mothers, wives, women who get it on> and love it, et cetera. There's a nice, wide range; none of that " sex is> bad " stuff.

>

-- AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com

~Boston_GothicBoston_MysticBoston-Pagans

Guest guest

WOW seeing as how this got all kinds of religious (who'da thunk?), I'll stick my

2 cents in and invite y'all to my Pagan list - Subscribe to

LillahsNorthEastPagans