Guest guest

Hi Colin

That is really good news.

Jo

, " colin sky " <colinsky wrote:

>

> the hare krishna's in auckland, nz are turning vegan by the truck

load. the loft, a hk eatery hangout, near the heart of town, has gone

100% vegan, since the last vegan day (nov1st)...

>

> way to go!

>

>

> lovelife...

>

> colin sky

>

>

>

> --

----------

>

>

>

>

> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com

> Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.10/1905 - Release Date:

20/01/2009 2:34 p.m.

>

Guest guest

I like almond milk.

, Blake Wilson <mbw wrote:

>

> rice milking drinking anarcho punks?

>

> rice crusties.....

>

Guest guest

we're into oat right now. good stuff. On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:24 AM, flower child <zurumato wrote:

I like almond milk.

>

> rice milking drinking anarcho punks?

>

> rice crusties.....

>

Guest guest

yeah well times are changing... the vegan movement over there is making great strides in india... i was there in 07 for a vegan festival, and in 06 i went to Gujarat to check out the jains, who also were starting to recognize veganity... people are slowly waking up... with the present crisis it is a good time to be pushing the cause for more compassion in industry.... and ahimsa milk is such a small step... it hardly counts... now coconut and almond and rice milk does...etc.

lovelife...

colin sky

-

Blake Wilson

Thursday, January 22, 2009 9:10 AM

Re: Re: ahimsa milk

that surprises me. krishnas and other hindu hold dairy sacred: eating it, burning it in candles, rubbing it on their body, using it in ceremonies, etc. The Vedic culture is centered on sacrifice, and for sacrifice one requires ghee (clarified butter). Thus it is the cows which allow man to worship the Lord through sacrifice. The cows provide man with milk, ghee, and curds, all of which were essential in the worship of the Lord. Now due to the influence of the present age of Kali ("the period of darkness"), sacrifice to the Lord has stopped, and as a result the cows are neglected, despite the immense service they perform for society.

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 12:42 PM, colin sky <colinsky (AT) ihug (DOT) co.nz> wrote:

the hare krishna's in auckland, nz are turning vegan by the truck load. the loft, a hk eatery hangout, near the heart of town, has gone 100% vegan, since the last vegan day (nov1st)...

way to go!

lovelife...

colin sky

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.10/1905 - Release 20/01/2009 2:34 p.m.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.10/1905 - Release 20/01/2009 2:34 p.m.

Guest guest

the problem eating there is the hare hare bit they insist on as part of the very cheap, tasty indian fare...

really too much for me because i am not lost, and don't need an old guru and am very tired of the song....

hey i am happy just being vegan and awoken to it all... ;-) i just love life... that's what vegan is too me...

lovelife...

colin sky

-

fraggle

Thursday, January 22, 2009 9:14 AM

thats good to hear...

the local group uses ghee by the truckload alas...

i ate there a few times when i first moved to the bay area, and vegetarianism was all new to me..and any meal was welcome.lotsa rice i remember....and nowhere near as spicy as other indian fare....

hare krishna hare krishna, hare rama, hare rama....

now where did i leave that tambourine?

colin sky Jan 21, 2009 11:42 AM Re: Re: ahimsa milk

the hare krishna's in auckland, nz are turning vegan by the truck load. the loft, a hk eatery hangout, near the heart of town, has gone 100% vegan, since the last vegan day (nov1st)...

way to go!

lovelife...

colin sky

"Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"

Guest guest

Strictly speaking it is not a song - it is a mantra - a chant or prayer of devotion.

Jo

-

colin sky

Thursday, January 22, 2009 8:58 PM

the problem eating there is the hare hare bit they insist on as part of the very cheap, tasty indian fare...

really too much for me because i am not lost, and don't need an old guru and am very tired of the song....

hey i am happy just being vegan and awoken to it all... ;-) i just love life... that's what vegan is too me...

lovelife...

colin sky

-

fraggle

Thursday, January 22, 2009 9:14 AM

thats good to hear...

the local group uses ghee by the truckload alas...

i ate there a few times when i first moved to the bay area, and vegetarianism was all new to me..and any meal was welcome.lotsa rice i remember....and nowhere near as spicy as other indian fare....

hare krishna hare krishna, hare rama, hare rama....

now where did i leave that tambourine?

colin sky Jan 21, 2009 11:42 AM Re: Re: ahimsa milk

way to go!

lovelife...

colin sky

"Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"

Guest guest

Oat milk? Who makes that?

>

> we're into oat right now. good stuff.

>

> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:24 AM, flower child <zurumatowrote:

>

> > I like almond milk.

> >

> > <%40>,

Blake

> > Wilson <mbw@> wrote:

> > >

> > > rice milking drinking anarcho punks?

> > >

> > > rice crusties.....

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

why, you can of course!

:)

it's supposedly pretty easy.

but, out here in the colonies, i know Pacific makes an organic version, and i know i've seen other brands as well. in the UK, i had some, but bacchus knows i forget what it was called.

cheers

fraggle

whitty__ Jan 23, 2009 7:42 AM Re: ahimsa milk

Oat milk? Who makes that? , Blake Wilson <mbw wrote:>> we're into oat right now. good stuff.> > On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:24 AM, flower child <zurumatowrote:> > > I like almond milk.> >> > <%40>, Blake> > Wilson <mbw@> wrote:> > >> > > rice milking drinking anarcho punks?> > >> > > rice crusties.....> > >> >> > > >>

Guest guest

pacific, makers of many fine brands. this is our preferred milk substitute:http://www.pacificfoods.com/our-foods/nut-grain-beverages/organic-oat-original-non-dairy-beverage

this is great super cold with a cookie dipped in!it's about the only rice/soy/nut milk we like. give it a try. looks like you even get it from amazon if you're desperate. blake

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 8:42 AM, whitty__ <ravenwolf18 wrote:

Oat milk? Who makes that?

>

> we're into oat right now. good stuff.

>

> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:24 AM, flower child <zurumatowrote:

>

> > I like almond milk.

> >

> > <%40>,

Blake

> > Wilson <mbw@> wrote:

> > >

> > > rice milking drinking anarcho punks?

> > >

> > > rice crusties.....

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

yes and i understand all that but the reason dairy cows have more pressure on their udders is because we have bread the cows that produce the most milk over centuries so that which causes pain because it is to full

yes if they werent milked there hormones wouldnt tell them to produce more milk but it is better to just release a bit of milk every know and again rather than having them be in pain for week or so because too much milk and then finally not producing any more which they will do in the end anyway

flower child <zurumato Sent: Wednesday, 21 January, 2009 18:11:00 Re: ahimsa milk

Do cows really have too much pressure on their udders so that we "have" to milk them? It seems to me that nature wouldn't build them that way.Wouldn't her baby releave her of full breast? I know humans only produce as much as our baby needs. When a baby suckles on her mommy, this tells the body to produce more. The less the baby suckles the less milk a female produces. Empty breast get full quickly when there is a baby on them. The hormone that signals the body to make more milk and is responsible for this supply and demand relationship is called prolactin.@gro ups.com, "waterspirithippie" <waterspirithippie@ ...> wrote:>> i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this > video i cannot find anything

wrong with going back to drinking milk > aslong as its ahimsa milk > > tell me what you think> > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy cow > milk production some not very nice pictures) > > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U> > it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only milked to > reduce the pressure on their udders>

Guest guest

ok, admit it..you own stock in this farm or something don't you....

two things

1. if said cow has painful udders because she needs t o be milked..here, here's her calf...it's the calf's milk..all done, all better

2. simpler answer...don't get the cow pregnant. cow no give birth, cow no produce milk..end of story, simple easy solution

Theo Slade Jan 24, 2009 10:19 AM Re: Re: ahimsa milk

yes and i understand all that but the reason dairy cows have more pressure on their udders is because we have bread the cows that produce the most milk over centuries so that which causes pain because it is to full

yes if they werent milked there hormones wouldnt tell them to produce more milk but it is better to just release a bit of milk every know and again rather than having them be in pain for week or so because too much milk and then finally not producing any more which they will do in the end anyway

flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Wednesday, 21 January, 2009 18:11:00 Re: ahimsa milk

Do cows really have too much pressure on their udders so that we "have" to milk them? It seems to me that nature wouldn't build them that way.Wouldn't her baby releave her of full breast? I know humans only produce as much as our baby needs. When a baby suckles on her mommy, this tells the body to produce more. The less the baby suckles the less milk a female produces. Empty breast get full quickly when there is a baby on them. The hormone that signals the body to make more milk and is responsible for this supply and demand relationship is called prolactin.@gro ups.com, "waterspirithippie" <waterspirithippie@ ...> wrote:>> i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this > video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking milk > aslong as its ahimsa milk > > tell me what you think> > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy cow > milk production some not very nice pictures) > > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U> > it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only milked to > reduce the pressure on their udders>

Guest guest

i dont want to drink milk i was just looking at the morals of the situation

and im still an omnivore just because im chosing not to use anything from animals thats whats good about being an omnivore you have the choice and yes i would have to call my self a vegetarian but then id have to say a vegetarian who doesnt eat honey, eggs, cheese or average milk and would be much easier to say im vegan but drink ahimsa milk

heartwerk <jo.heartwork Sent: Thursday, 22 January, 2009 7:38:45 Re: ahimsa milk

Why do you want to drink milk?You cannot call yourself a vegan if you do start drinking milk. You will have to call yourself a vegetarian, unless you eat meat or fish, in which case you are an omnivore.Jo@gro ups.com, "waterspirithippie" <waterspirithippie@ ...> wrote:>> i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this > video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking milk > aslong as its ahimsa milk > > tell me what you think> > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy cow > milk production some not very nice pictures) > > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U>

> it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only milked to > reduce the pressure on their udders>

Guest guest

im not trying to sell it im not even sure if you can buy it, i was just interested in what people thought about the morals of it.... i think thats acceptable

heartwerk <jo.heartwork Sent: Thursday, 22 January, 2009 7:45:01 Re: ahimsa milk

What is the point of watching the video. If you are vegan you are not interested in drinking milk, or even considering it. Why are you trying to sell milk to vegans?????This is a vegan chat group, and vegans do not wish to consider drinking milk. Shall we drop the subject?Jo@gro ups.com, "waterspirithippie" <waterspirithippie@ ...> wrote:>> no offense but i think you should have watched the video these are > pregnant cows which are taken in not bread by harry crishners and > allowed to walk for miles of feilds > > because of are natural selection breeding the cows with the most milk > have been bread meaning pain for the cows having to carry to much > milk the only reason for milking the cows

is to releave pressure and > not all milk is taken the calf is kept with the mother and allowed to > live its full life> > @gro ups.com, "Peter" <metalscarab@ > wrote:> >> > Hi> > > > Depends whether or not you think it's acceptable to kill the > calves... cows > > (as with all mammals) produce milk only for a relatively short time > after > > giving birth. The milk is there to nourish the young. Therefore, if > the milk > > is to be taken for human consumption, something has to be done with > the > > calf... which is usually (even with ahimsa milk) a swift death! If > the > > calves were there, there wouldn't be any pressure on

their udders!> > > > BB> > Peter> > > > - > > "waterspirithippie" <waterspirithippie@ >> > <@gro ups.com>> > Wednesday, January 21, 2009 4:31 PM> > ahimsa milk> > > > > > >i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this> > > video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking > milk> > > aslong as its ahimsa milk> > >> > > tell me what you think> > >> > > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy > cow> > > milk production some not very nice pictures)> >

>> > > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U> > >> > > it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only > milked to> > > reduce the pressure on their udders> > >> > >> > >> > > ------------ --------- --------- ------> > >> > > To send an email to > > > -unsubscr ibe@! Groups Links> > >> > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

It's best not to breed them at all.

Jo

-

Theo Slade

Saturday, January 24, 2009 6:19 PM

flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Wednesday, 21 January, 2009 18:11:00 Re: ahimsa milk

Do cows really have too much pressure on their udders so that we "have" to milk them? It seems to me that nature wouldn't build them that way.Wouldn't her baby releave her of full breast? I know humans only produce as much as our baby needs. When a baby suckles on her mommy, this tells the body to produce more. The less the baby suckles the less milk a female produces. Empty breast get full quickly when there is a baby on them. The hormone that signals the body to make more milk and is responsible for this supply and demand relationship is called prolactin.@gro ups.com, "waterspirithippie" <waterspirithippie@ ...> wrote:>> i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this > video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking milk > aslong as its ahimsa milk > > tell me what you think> > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy cow > milk production some not very nice pictures) > > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U> > it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only milked to > reduce the pressure on their udders>

Guest guest

yes and these harry crishners dont they just take in pregnant cows and look after them

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork Sent: Saturday, 24 January, 2009 18:59:12Re: Re: ahimsa milk

It's best not to breed them at all.

Jo

-

Theo Slade

@gro ups.com

Saturday, January 24, 2009 6:19 PM

flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>@gro ups.comWednesday, 21 January, 2009 18:11:00 Re: ahimsa milk

Do cows really have too much pressure on their udders so that we "have" to milk them? It seems to me that nature wouldn't build them that way.Wouldn't her baby releave her of full breast? I know humans only produce as much as our baby needs. When a baby suckles on her mommy, this tells the body to produce more. The less the baby suckles the less milk a female produces. Empty breast get full quickly when there is a baby on them. The hormone that signals the body to make more milk and is responsible for this supply and demand relationship is called prolactin.@gro ups.com, "waterspirithippie" <waterspirithippie@ ...> wrote:>> i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this > video i cannot find anything

wrong with going back to drinking milk > aslong as its ahimsa milk > > tell me what you think> > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy cow > milk production some not very nice pictures) > > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U> > it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only milked to > reduce the pressure on their udders>

Guest guest

I think if we are talking morals - the highest would be not to drink milk.

Jo

-

Theo Slade

Saturday, January 24, 2009 6:45 PM

i dont want to drink milk i was just looking at the morals of the situation

and im still an omnivore just because im chosing not to use anything from animals thats whats good about being an omnivore you have the choice and yes i would have to call my self a vegetarian but then id have to say a vegetarian who doesnt eat honey, eggs, cheese or average milk and would be much easier to say im vegan but drink ahimsa milk

heartwerk <jo.heartwork > Sent: Thursday, 22 January, 2009 7:38:45 Re: ahimsa milk

Why do you want to drink milk?You cannot call yourself a vegan if you do start drinking milk. You will have to call yourself a vegetarian, unless you eat meat or fish, in which case you are an omnivore.Jo@gro ups.com, "waterspirithippie" <waterspirithippie@ ...> wrote:>> i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this > video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking milk > aslong as its ahimsa milk > > tell me what you think> > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy cow > milk production some not very nice pictures) > > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U> > it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only milked to > reduce the pressure on their udders>

Guest guest

I don't.

Jo

-

Theo Slade

Saturday, January 24, 2009 6:48 PM

im not trying to sell it im not even sure if you can buy it, i was just interested in what people thought about the morals of it.... i think thats acceptable

heartwerk <jo.heartwork > Sent: Thursday, 22 January, 2009 7:45:01 Re: ahimsa milk

What is the point of watching the video. If you are vegan you are not interested in drinking milk, or even considering it. Why are you trying to sell milk to vegans?????This is a vegan chat group, and vegans do not wish to consider drinking milk. Shall we drop the subject?Jo@gro ups.com, "waterspirithippie" <waterspirithippie@ ...> wrote:>> no offense but i think you should have watched the video these are > pregnant cows which are taken in not bread by harry crishners and > allowed to walk for miles of feilds > > because of are natural selection breeding the cows with the most milk > have been bread meaning pain for the cows having to carry to much > milk the only reason for milking the cows is to releave pressure and > not all milk is taken the calf is kept with the mother and allowed to > live its full life> > @gro ups.com, "Peter" <metalscarab@ > wrote:> >> > Hi> > > > Depends whether or not you think it's acceptable to kill the > calves... cows > > (as with all mammals) produce milk only for a relatively short time > after > > giving birth. The milk is there to nourish the young. Therefore, if > the milk > > is to be taken for human consumption, something has to be done with > the > > calf... which is usually (even with ahimsa milk) a swift death! If > the > > calves were there, there wouldn't be any pressure on their udders!> > > > BB> > Peter> > > > - > > "waterspirithippie" <waterspirithippie@ >> > <@gro ups.com>> > Wednesday, January 21, 2009 4:31 PM> > ahimsa milk> > > > > > >i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this> > > video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking > milk> > > aslong as its ahimsa milk> > >> > > tell me what you think> > >> > > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy > cow> > > milk production some not very nice pictures)> > >> > > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U> > >> > > it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only > milked to> > > reduce the pressure on their udders> > >> > >> > >> > > ------------ --------- --------- ------> > >> > > To send an email to > > > -unsubscr ibe@! Groups Links> > >> > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

what? why not?

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork Sent: Saturday, 24 January, 2009 19:37:19Re: Re: ahimsa milk

I don't.

Jo

-

Theo Slade

@gro ups.com

Saturday, January 24, 2009 6:48 PM

heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comThursday, 22 January, 2009 7:45:01 Re: ahimsa milk

What is the point of watching the video. If you are vegan you are not interested in drinking milk, or even considering it. Why are you trying to sell milk to vegans?????This is a vegan chat group, and vegans do not wish to consider drinking milk. Shall we drop the subject?Jo@gro ups.com, "waterspirithippie" <waterspirithippie@ ...> wrote:>> no offense but i think you should have watched the video these are > pregnant cows which are taken in not bread by harry crishners and > allowed to walk for miles of feilds > > because of are natural selection breeding the cows with the most milk > have been bread meaning pain for the cows having to carry to much > milk the only reason for milking the cows

is to releave pressure and > not all milk is taken the calf is kept with the mother and allowed to > live its full life> > @gro ups.com, "Peter" <metalscarab@ > wrote:> >> > Hi> > > > Depends whether or not you think it's acceptable to kill the > calves... cows > > (as with all mammals) produce milk only for a relatively short time > after > > giving birth. The milk is there to nourish the young. Therefore, if > the milk > > is to be taken for human consumption, something has to be done with > the > > calf... which is usually (even with ahimsa milk) a swift death! If > the > > calves were there, there wouldn't be any pressure on

their udders!> > > > BB> > Peter> > > > - > > "waterspirithippie" <waterspirithippie@ >> > <@gro ups.com>> > Wednesday, January 21, 2009 4:31 PM> > ahimsa milk> > > > > > >i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this> > > video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking > milk> > > aslong as its ahimsa milk> > >> > > tell me what you think> > >> > > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy > cow> > > milk production some not very nice pictures)> >

>> > > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U> > >> > > it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only > milked to> > > reduce the pressure on their udders> > >> > >> > >> > > ------------ --------- --------- ------> > >> > > To send an email to > > > -unsubscr ibe@! Groups Links> > >> > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

I don't know. I cannot find any information on it on the internet.

Jo

, Theo Slade <waterspirithippie

wrote:

>

> yes and these harry crishners dont they just take in pregnant cows

and look after them

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork

>

> Saturday, 24 January, 2009 18:59:12

> Re: Re: ahimsa milk

>

>

> 

> It's best not to breed them at all. 

>  

> Jo

>

> -

> Theo Slade

> @gro ups.com

> Saturday, January 24, 2009 6:19 PM

>

> yes and i understand all that but the reason dairy cows have more

pressure on their udders is because we have bread the cows that

produce the most milk over centuries so that which causes pain because

it is to full

>

> yes if they werent milked there hormones wouldnt tell them to

produce more milk but it is better to just release a bit of milk every

know and again rather than having them be in pain for week or so

because too much milk and then finally not producing any more which

they will do in the end anyway

>

>

>

>

> flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>

> @gro ups.com

> Wednesday, 21 January, 2009 18:11:00

> Re: ahimsa milk

>

>

> Do cows really have too much pressure on their udders so that we " have "

> to milk them?

>

> It seems to me that nature wouldn't build them that way.

>

> Wouldn't her baby releave her of full breast? I know humans only

> produce as much as our baby needs.

>

> When a baby suckles on her mommy, this tells the body to produce more.

> The less the baby suckles the less milk a female produces. Empty breast

> get full quickly when there is a baby on them.

>

> The hormone that signals the body to make more milk and is responsible

> for this supply and demand relationship is called prolactin.

>

> @gro ups.com, " waterspirithippie "

> <waterspirithippie@ ...> wrote:

> >

> > i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this

> > video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking milk

> > aslong as its ahimsa milk

> >

> > tell me what you think

> >

> > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy cow

> > milk production some not very nice pictures)

> >

> > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U

> >

> > it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only milked to

> > reduce the pressure on their udders

> >

>

Guest guest

I don't think it's acceptable to drink milk if you are vegan, no

matter how unabusively (is that a word?) the cow is treated.

jO

wrote:

>

> what? why not?

>

>

>

>

> jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork

>

> Saturday, 24 January, 2009 19:37:19

>

>

> 

> I don't.

>  

> Jo

>

> -

> Theo Slade

> @gro ups.com

> Saturday, January 24, 2009 6:48 PM

>

> im not trying to sell it im not even sure if you can buy it, i was

just interested in what people thought about the morals of it.... i

think thats acceptable

>

>

> heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>

> @gro ups.com

> Thursday, 22 January, 2009 7:45:01

>

>

> What is the point of watching the video. If you are vegan you are

> not interested in drinking milk, or even considering it.

>

> Why are you trying to sell milk to vegans?????

>

> This is a vegan chat group, and vegans do not wish to consider

> drinking milk.

>

> Shall we drop the subject?

>

> Jo

>

> >

> > no offense but i think you should have watched the video these are

> > pregnant cows which are taken in not bread by harry crishners and

> > allowed to walk for miles of feilds

> >

> > because of are natural selection breeding the cows with the most

> milk

> > have been bread meaning pain for the cows having to carry to much

> > milk the only reason for milking the cows is to releave pressure

> and

> > not all milk is taken the calf is kept with the mother and allowed

> to

> > live its full life

> >

> > @gro ups.com, " Peter " <metalscarab@ > wrote:

> > >

> > > Hi

> > >

> > > Depends whether or not you think it's acceptable to kill the

> > calves... cows

> > > (as with all mammals) produce milk only for a relatively short

> time

> > after

> > > giving birth. The milk is there to nourish the young. Therefore,

> if

> > the milk

> > > is to be taken for human consumption, something has to be done

> with

> > the

> > > calf... which is usually (even with ahimsa milk) a swift death!

> If

> > the

> > > calves were there, there wouldn't be any pressure on their udders!

> > >

> > > BB

> > > Peter

> > >

> > > -

> > > " waterspirithippie " <waterspirithippie@ >

> > > <@gro ups.com>

> > > Wednesday, January 21, 2009 4:31 PM

> > > ahimsa milk

> > >

> > >

> > > >i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching

> this

> > > > video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking

> > milk

> > > > aslong as its ahimsa milk

> > > >

> > > > tell me what you think

> > > >

> > > > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy

> > cow

> > > > milk production some not very nice pictures)

> > > >

> > > > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U

> > > >

> > > > it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only

> > milked to

> > > > reduce the pressure on their udders

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > ------------ --------- --------- ------

> > > >

> > > > To send an email to

> > > > -unsubscr ibe@! Groups Links

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

That's great!

, " colin sky " <colinsky wrote:

>

> yeah well times are changing... the vegan movement over there is

making great strides in india... i was there in 07 for a vegan

festival, and in 06 i went to Gujarat to check out the jains, who also

were starting to recognize veganity...

Guest guest

Don't forget hemp milk.

Vegans have more choice, selections and variety of milks than

omnivores who just dring " milk " :)

, " whitty__ " <ravenwolf18 wrote:

>

> Oat milk? Who makes that?

>

> , Blake Wilson <mbw@> wrote:

Guest guest

yes, it's true. you can make almond milk yourself.

A friend of mine makes it and she says it saves her money. She emailed

me the exact recepi but I've since lost it.

If I remember correctly, it involves buying some almonds, then letting

them soak in water for a few hours to soften them up.

After that you put it in a blender and voila.

Guest guest

I really do want to believe that the hari krisnas are not in it for

themselves and only have the sole, unselfish best interest of the cow

by releaving them from pain but...

Humans are mammals too. and here's how human moms stop producing milk.

Cold. Tofuterky.

They never let a baby's mouth or any other suckling device near their

breasts. As long as someone is taking milk out, the breast will

replenish themselves.

Yep. It's gonna hurt like hell for a week or two because your breast

will be full/engorged. The breast are sensitive. but everyday the

pain gets less and you'll live.

In a month or so your body will not longer produce any milk. This is

how all the moms in my earthmommies group who suddenly have to go

back to work do it.

Some women do it gradually, reducing the amount of time each day the

baby spends on the breast. It is less traumatizing for the

baby..however it depends on individual and the situation.

wrote:

>

> yes and i understand all that but the reason dairy cows have more

pressure on their udders is because we have bread the cows that

produce the most milk over centuries so that which causes pain

because it is to full

>

> yes if they werent milked there hormones wouldnt tell them to

produce more milk but it is better to just release a bit of milk

every know and again rather than having them be in pain for week or

so because too much milk and then finally not producing any more

which they will do in the end anyway

>

>

>

>

> flower child <zurumato

>

> Wednesday, 21 January, 2009 18:11:00

>

>

> Do cows really have too much pressure on their udders so that

we " have "

> to milk them?

>

> It seems to me that nature wouldn't build them that way.

>

> Wouldn't her baby releave her of full breast? I know humans only

> produce as much as our baby needs.

>

> When a baby suckles on her mommy, this tells the body to produce

more.

> The less the baby suckles the less milk a female produces. Empty

breast

> get full quickly when there is a baby on them.

>

> The hormone that signals the body to make more milk and is

responsible

> for this supply and demand relationship is called prolactin.

>

> >

> > i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching

this

> > video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking

milk

> > aslong as its ahimsa milk

> >

> > tell me what you think

> >

> > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy

cow

> > milk production some not very nice pictures)

> >

> > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U

> >

> > it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only

milked to

> > reduce the pressure on their udders

> >

>

Guest guest

Doing it slowly is the most natural way - feed less often gradually until the baby is weaned onto pureed food. If done that way there is no pain or discomfort at all.

Jo

-

flower child

Sunday, January 25, 2009 4:27 PM

Re: ahimsa milk

I really do want to believe that the hari krisnas are not in it for themselves and only have the sole, unselfish best interest of the cow by releaving them from pain but...Humans are mammals too. and here's how human moms stop producing milk.Cold. Tofuterky. They never let a baby's mouth or any other suckling device near their breasts. As long as someone is taking milk out, the breast will replenish themselves. Yep. It's gonna hurt like hell for a week or two because your breast will be full/engorged. The breast are sensitive. but everyday the pain gets less and you'll live. In a month or so your body will not longer produce any milk. This is how all the moms in my earthmommies group who suddenly have to go back to work do it. Some women do it gradually, reducing the amount of time each day the baby spends on the breast. It is less traumatizing for the baby..however it depends on individual and the situation. , Theo Slade <waterspirithippie wrote:>> yes and i understand all that but the reason dairy cows have more pressure on their udders is because we have bread the cows that produce the most milk over centuries so that which causes pain because it is to full > > yes if they werent milked there hormones wouldnt tell them to produce more milk but it is better to just release a bit of milk every know and again rather than having them be in pain for week or so because too much milk and then finally not producing any more which they will do in the end anyway> > > > > ________________________________> flower child <zurumato> > Wednesday, 21 January, 2009 18:11:00> Re: ahimsa milk> > > Do cows really have too much pressure on their udders so that we "have" > to milk them? > > It seems to me that nature wouldn't build them that way.> > Wouldn't her baby releave her of full breast? I know humans only > produce as much as our baby needs. > > When a baby suckles on her mommy, this tells the body to produce more. > The less the baby suckles the less milk a female produces. Empty breast > get full quickly when there is a baby on them. > > The hormone that signals the body to make more milk and is responsible > for this supply and demand relationship is called prolactin.> > @gro ups.com, "waterspirithippie" > <waterspirithippie@ ...> wrote:> >> > i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this > > video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking milk > > aslong as its ahimsa milk > > > > tell me what you think> > > > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy cow > > milk production some not very nice pictures) > > > > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U> > > > it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only milked to > > reduce the pressure on their udders> >>