ahimsa milk

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this

video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking milk

aslong as its ahimsa milk

tell me what you think

skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy cow

milk production some not very nice pictures)

http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U

it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only milked to

reduce the pressure on their udders

Guest guest

Hi

Depends whether or not you think it's acceptable to kill the calves... cows

(as with all mammals) produce milk only for a relatively short time after

giving birth. The milk is there to nourish the young. Therefore, if the milk

is to be taken for human consumption, something has to be done with the

calf... which is usually (even with ahimsa milk) a swift death! If the

calves were there, there wouldn't be any pressure on their udders!

BB

Peter

-

" waterspirithippie " <waterspirithippie

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 4:31 PM

ahimsa milk

>i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this

> video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking milk

> aslong as its ahimsa milk

>

> tell me what you think

>

> skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy cow

> milk production some not very nice pictures)

>

> http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U

>

> it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only milked to

> reduce the pressure on their udders

>

>

>

> ---

>

> To send an email to

> -! Groups Links

>

>

>

Guest guest

I did not watch the video. But here's a couple things to think about:1). Milk/dairy production requires pregnant female cows, goats, etc. 2). Impregating them, to keep up production, requires male animals.

3). Pregnant females give birth to 1/2 male and 1/2 female animals. 4). The females are used to repeat steps 1-3 over and over and over and over5). the males serve no purpose other than impregnating the females, and you can only have 1 around (for the most part, and for purposes of this argument).

so what happens to the males? veal. castrated to make them steers. sold to the beef industry. they are very valuable, and i'm guessing the " ahimsa " farm makes some money off them. or, in india and a few other countries, allowed to roam i suppose.

but even the most well intentioned, kind and compassion dairy producer (and the same argument applies to eggs: although most eggs are infertile, egg producers have to replenish the stock with a group of hens who produce fertile eggs from the very small stock of roosters they allow to live after being sexed as chicks; the rest are ground up. this is the case on EVERY egg farm and don't let all this " free range " nonsense convince you that it's any less cruel) must keep the females pregnant and get rid of 99% of the 50% males that are born.

Making eggs and making milk means killing half the offspring. Blake On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:31 AM, waterspirithippie <waterspirithippie wrote:

i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this

video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking milk

aslong as its ahimsa milk

tell me what you think

skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy cow

milk production some not very nice pictures)

http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U

it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only milked to

reduce the pressure on their udders

Guest guest

no offense but i think you should have watched the video these are

pregnant cows which are taken in not bread by harry crishners and

allowed to walk for miles of feilds

because of are natural selection breeding the cows with the most milk

have been bread meaning pain for the cows having to carry to much

milk the only reason for milking the cows is to releave pressure and

not all milk is taken the calf is kept with the mother and allowed to

live its full life

, " Peter " <metalscarab wrote:

>

> Hi

>

> Depends whether or not you think it's acceptable to kill the

calves... cows

> (as with all mammals) produce milk only for a relatively short time

after

> giving birth. The milk is there to nourish the young. Therefore, if

the milk

> is to be taken for human consumption, something has to be done with

the

> calf... which is usually (even with ahimsa milk) a swift death! If

the

> calves were there, there wouldn't be any pressure on their udders!

>

> BB

> Peter

>

> -

> " waterspirithippie " <waterspirithippie

>

> Wednesday, January 21, 2009 4:31 PM

> ahimsa milk

>

>

> >i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this

> > video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking

milk

> > aslong as its ahimsa milk

> >

> > tell me what you think

> >

> > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy

cow

> > milk production some not very nice pictures)

> >

> > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U

> >

> > it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only

milked to

> > reduce the pressure on their udders

> >

> >

> >

> > ---

> >

> > To send an email to

> > -! Groups Links

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

For school I did a project on the somatic cells in cow's milk which

are mainly pus cells and it is absolutely disgusting if you really read

about this, go to Peta's website and you will find the info-milk sucks-

I believe it's under.If the other reasons that people gave aren't

enough this might be :)

, " waterspirithippie "

<waterspirithippie wrote:

>

> i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this

>

> tell me what you think

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

wot he said............

Peter vv

Blake Wilson <mbw Sent: Wednesday, 21 January, 2009 4:55:07 PMRe: ahimsa milk

I did not watch the video. But here's a couple things to think about:1). Milk/dairy production requires pregnant female cows, goats, etc. 2). Impregating them, to keep up production, requires male animals. 3). Pregnant females give birth to 1/2 male and 1/2 female animals. 4). The females are used to repeat steps 1-3 over and over and over and over5). the males serve no purpose other than impregnating the females, and you can only have 1 around (for the most part, and for purposes of this argument). so what happens to the males? veal. castrated to make them steers. sold to the beef industry. they are very valuable, and i'm guessing the "ahimsa" farm makes some money off them. or, in india and a few other countries, allowed to roam i suppose. but even the most well intentioned, kind and compassion dairy producer (and the same argument applies to eggs: although most eggs are infertile, egg

producers have to replenish the stock with a group of hens who produce fertile eggs from the very small stock of roosters they allow to live after being sexed as chicks; the rest are ground up. this is the case on EVERY egg farm and don't let all this "free range" nonsense convince you that it's any less cruel) must keep the females pregnant and get rid of 99% of the 50% males that are born. Making eggs and making milk means killing half the offspring. Blake

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:31 AM, waterspirithippie <waterspirithippie@ .co. uk> wrote:

i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking milk aslong as its ahimsa milk tell me what you thinkskip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy cow milk production some not very nice pictures) http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ Uit seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only milked to reduce the pressure on their udders

Guest guest

Do cows really have too much pressure on their udders so that we " have "

to milk them?

It seems to me that nature wouldn't build them that way.

Wouldn't her baby releave her of full breast? I know humans only

produce as much as our baby needs.

When a baby suckles on her mommy, this tells the body to produce more.

The less the baby suckles the less milk a female produces. Empty breast

get full quickly when there is a baby on them.

The hormone that signals the body to make more milk and is responsible

for this supply and demand relationship is called prolactin.

, " waterspirithippie "

>

>

> tell me what you think

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

unfortunately, most dairy cows have been bred so that they produce an excess of milk, not to mention the hormones and related they pump cows full of to make them produce more, and/or extend their milk producing time frame.

flower child Jan 21, 2009 10:11 AM Re: ahimsa milk

Do cows really have too much pressure on their udders so that we "have" to milk them? It seems to me that nature wouldn't build them that way.Wouldn't her baby releave her of full breast? I know humans only produce as much as our baby needs. When a baby suckles on her mommy, this tells the body to produce more. The less the baby suckles the less milk a female produces. Empty breast get full quickly when there is a baby on them. The hormone that signals the body to make more milk and is responsible for this supply and demand relationship is called prolactin. , "waterspirithippie" <waterspirithippie wrote:>> i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this > video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking milk > aslong as its ahimsa milk > > tell me what you think> > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy cow > milk production some not very nice pictures) > > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U> > it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only milked to > reduce the pressure on their udders>

"Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"

Guest guest

ok...so watched the video and then went to the website, as to be honest, the video really didn't tell or show much.

well

interesting first step....

but

thats all it is, a step...

1. even according to the website, modern cows are bred to over-produce milk, making for painful udders, etc...this does absolutely nothing for that. there is nothing i could find on the site (granted, i only looked for 4 or 5 minutes) about stopping the breeding of said critters..so, its not doing anyting about the root issue.

2. while i'll repeat again, interesting first step, as for the truth of it, last time i checked there were no cows or calves on this chat site. besides, i haven't seen a "cow" to "english" translator matrix built yet... so i think its safe to say here that no one on this site needs cow milk. none of us are calves. none of us will grow up and be bovines. cows milk is for calves, cat milk is for kittens, whale milk is for whale calves, and human milk is for humans...and beer is for fraggle....

:)

waterspirithippie Jan 21, 2009 8:31 AM ahimsa milk

i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking milk aslong as its ahimsa milk tell me what you thinkskip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy cow milk production some not very nice pictures) http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ Uit seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only milked to reduce the pressure on their udders

"Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"

Guest guest

everything horrible about milk, and probably more then you ever want to know actually

http://www.notmilk.com/

veggiemomma4 Jan 21, 2009 9:29 AM Re: ahimsa milk

For school I did a project on the somatic cells in cow's milk which are mainly pus cells and it is absolutely disgusting if you really read about this, go to Peta's website and you will find the info-milk sucks-I believe it's under.If the other reasons that people gave aren't enough this might be :) , "waterspirithippie" <waterspirithippie wrote:>> i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this > video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking milk > aslong as its ahimsa milk > > tell me what you think> > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy cow > milk production some not very nice pictures) > > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U> > it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only milked to > reduce the pressure on their udders>

Guest guest

hmmm

but, so the hari krishna's have one farm, where they supposedly have cows that give milk and they don't take it all away

admirable for them, and obviously a lot better then normal dairy practices

but..

a. it doesn't take anything away or do anything to stop folks from breeding over-taxed/over producing cows in the first place.

2. humans don't need cows milk.

again, this is a far cry better what normally occurs, but, i dunno..the thought of pushing any sort of milk, be it "cruelty free" or not sort of rub me the wrong way

waterspirithippie Jan 21, 2009 9:13 AM Re: ahimsa milk

no offense but i think you should have watched the video these are pregnant cows which are taken in not bread by harry crishners and allowed to walk for miles of feilds because of are natural selection breeding the cows with the most milk have been bread meaning pain for the cows having to carry to much milk the only reason for milking the cows is to releave pressure and not all milk is taken the calf is kept with the mother and allowed to live its full life , "Peter" <metalscarab wrote:>> Hi> > Depends whether or not you think it's acceptable to kill the calves... cows > (as with all mammals) produce milk only for a relatively short time after > giving birth. The milk is there to nourish the young. Therefore, if the milk > is to be taken for human consumption, something has to be done with the > calf... which is usually (even with ahimsa milk) a swift death! If the > calves were there, there wouldn't be any pressure on their udders!> > BB> Peter> > - > "waterspirithippie" <waterspirithippie> > Wednesday, January 21, 2009 4:31 PM> ahimsa milk> > > >i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this> > video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking milk> > aslong as its ahimsa milk> >> > tell me what you think> >> > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy cow> > milk production some not very nice pictures)> >> > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U> >> > it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only milked to> > reduce the pressure on their udders> >> >> >> > ---> >> > To send an email to > > -! Groups Links> >> >> >>

Guest guest

the hare krishna's in auckland, nz are turning vegan by the truck load. the loft, a hk eatery hangout, near the heart of town, has gone 100% vegan, since the last vegan day (nov1st)...

way to go!

lovelife...

colin sky

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.10/1905 - Release 20/01/2009 2:34 p.m.

Guest guest

watch out for that " notmilk " guy. he's incredibly rude and picks fights with everyone, including me. i had an email exchange with him a couple years ago about whether " rat poison " (i.e. vitamin D) had to added to milk " by law " (it doesn't and there's plenty of milk without it). he was absolutely wrong on the issue and the more i dug into him i found he's a dubious character, which is unfortunate because most of what he's promoting is good stuff...but he seriously mistates facts and stats.

he's his reply to me:Why is it that I meet so many vegan schmucks like

you?

I mean...I would expect meat eaters to be

sarcastic

no-nothing idiots, but wise-guy comments from

morons

are not appreciated.more on cohen on the bottom right:http://www.aquarianonline.com/Wellness/Milk.htmlreader emptor!

blake On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 11:51 AM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

everything horrible about milk, and probably more then you ever want to know actually

veggiemomma4 Jan 21, 2009 9:29 AM

Re: ahimsa milk

For school I did a project on the somatic cells in cow's milk which are mainly pus cells and it is absolutely disgusting if you really read about this, go to Peta's website and you will find the info-milk sucks-

I believe it's under.If the other reasons that people gave aren't enough this might be :) , " waterspirithippie "

<waterspirithippie wrote:>> i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this > video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking milk

> aslong as its ahimsa milk > > tell me what you think> > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy cow > milk production some not very nice pictures) >

> http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U &

gt; > it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only milked to > reduce the pressure on their udders> " Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes? "

Guest guest

yeah i know, i know. had similar issues with him in the past. was just avoiding mentioning it as his site has some good things.

and, the past is the past..right? ok, so not really

*shrug*

Blake Wilson Jan 21, 2009 11:49 AM Re: Re: ahimsa milk

watch out for that "notmilk" guy. he's incredibly rude and picks fights with everyone, including me. i had an email exchange with him a couple years ago about whether "rat poison" (i.e. vitamin D) had to added to milk "by law" (it doesn't and there's plenty of milk without it). he was absolutely wrong on the issue and the more i dug into him i found he's a dubious character, which is unfortunate because most of what he's promoting is good stuff...but he seriously mistates facts and stats. he's his reply to me:

Why is it that I meet so many vegan schmucks like you?

I mean...I would expect meat eaters to be sarcastic

no-nothing idiots, but wise-guy comments from morons

are not appreciated.more on cohen on the bottom right:http://www.aquarianonline.com/Wellness/Milk.htmlreader emptor!blake

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 11:51 AM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

veggiemomma4 Jan 21, 2009 9:29 AM

For school I did a project on the somatic cells in cow's milk which are mainly pus cells and it is absolutely disgusting if you really read about this, go to Peta's website and you will find the info-milk sucks-I believe it's under.If the other reasons that people gave aren't enough this might be :)

, "waterspirithippie" <waterspirithippie wrote:>

> i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this > video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking milk > aslong as its ahimsa milk > > tell me what you think> > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy cow > milk production some not very nice pictures) > > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U & gt;

> it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only milked to > reduce the pressure on their udders>

Guest guest

At 4:31 PM +0000 1/21/09, waterspirithippie wrote:

>i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this

>video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking milk

>aslong as its ahimsa milk

>

>tell me what you think

Cow's milk is inherently unhealthful for humans, even without all the

antibiotics and hormones that are added to the industrial product.

Take a look at The China Study by T. Colin Campbell. He wrote about

studies done years ago that were able to turn cancer on (that is,

make tumors grow) by feeding milk protein to rats, and turn cancer

off (make tumors shrink) by eliminating the milk protein and feeding

soy protein instead.

Guest guest

that surprises me. krishnas and other hindu hold dairy sacred: eating it, burning it in candles, rubbing it on their body, using it in ceremonies, etc. The Vedic culture is centered on sacrifice, and for sacrifice one

requires ghee (clarified butter). Thus it is the cows which allow man

to worship the Lord through sacrifice. The cows provide man with milk,

ghee, and curds, all of which were essential in the worship of the

Lord. Now due to the influence of the present age of Kali ( " the period

of darkness " ), sacrifice to the Lord has stopped, and as a result the

cows are neglected, despite the immense service they perform for

society.On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 12:42 PM, colin sky <colinsky wrote:

the hare krishna's in auckland, nz are turning vegan by the truck load. the loft, a hk eatery hangout, near the heart of town, has gone 100% vegan, since the last vegan day (nov1st)...

way to go!

lovelife...

colin sky

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.10/1905 - Release 20/01/2009 2:34 p.m.

Guest guest

thats good to hear...

the local group uses ghee by the truckload alas...

i ate there a few times when i first moved to the bay area, and vegetarianism was all new to me..and any meal was welcome.lotsa rice i remember....and nowhere near as spicy as other indian fare....

hare krishna hare krishna, hare rama, hare rama....

now where did i leave that tambourine?

colin sky Jan 21, 2009 11:42 AM Re: Re: ahimsa milk

way to go!

lovelife...

colin sky

Guest guest

So if we drink soy milk, that makes us, um, Soys? ;-)Almond milk.... Almonds?Rice milk.... Rice-ies?Ummm, coconuts... Coco-nuts? <snickers @ self>(Sorry. Sometimes I can't help myself. <big grin>)Sue--- On Wed, 1/21/09, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:fraggle <EBbrewpunxRe: ahimsa milk Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 12:49 PM

ok...so watched the video and then went to the website, as to be honest, the video really didn't tell or show much.

well

interesting first step....

but

thats all it is, a step...

1. even according to the website, modern cows are bred to over-produce milk, making for painful udders, etc...this does absolutely nothing for that. there is nothing i could find on the site (granted, i only looked for 4 or 5 minutes) about stopping the breeding of said critters..so, its not doing anyting about the root issue.

2. while i'll repeat again, interesting first step, as for the truth of it, last time i checked there were no cows or calves on this chat site. besides, i haven't seen a "cow" to "english" translator matrix built yet... so i think its safe to say here that no one on this site needs cow milk. none of us are calves. none of us will grow up and be bovines. cows milk is for calves, cat milk is for kittens, whale milk is for whale calves, and human milk is for humans...and beer is for fraggle....

:)

waterspirithippie Jan 21, 2009 8:31 AM @gro ups.com ahimsa milk

i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking milk aslong as its ahimsa milk tell me what you thinkskip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy cow milk production some not very nice pictures) http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ Uit seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only milked to reduce the pressure on their udders "Will we ever get to the point that we realize that we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn't living in poverty just so we can have nice running shoes?"

Guest guest

No offense taken, but through having a good Hare Krishna friend a few years

ago, I know probably far more than the video tells. For instance, I bet the

video doesn't tell what happens to the calves... simple fact of nature, you

can't " selectively breed " anything to produce milk without it first being

pregnant! If they are claiming to keep the calves, they are either very

different to the Hare Krishnas I have come across, or are lying! No offense!

BB

Peter

-

" waterspirithippie " <waterspirithippie

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 5:13 PM

> no offense but i think you should have watched the video these are

> pregnant cows which are taken in not bread by harry crishners and

> allowed to walk for miles of feilds

>

> because of are natural selection breeding the cows with the most milk

> have been bread meaning pain for the cows having to carry to much

> milk the only reason for milking the cows is to releave pressure and

> not all milk is taken the calf is kept with the mother and allowed to

> live its full life

>

> , " Peter " <metalscarab wrote:

>>

>> Hi

>>

>> Depends whether or not you think it's acceptable to kill the

> calves... cows

>> (as with all mammals) produce milk only for a relatively short time

> after

>> giving birth. The milk is there to nourish the young. Therefore, if

> the milk

>> is to be taken for human consumption, something has to be done with

> the

>> calf... which is usually (even with ahimsa milk) a swift death! If

> the

>> calves were there, there wouldn't be any pressure on their udders!

>>

>> BB

>> Peter

>>

>> -

>> " waterspirithippie " <waterspirithippie

>>

>> Wednesday, January 21, 2009 4:31 PM

>> ahimsa milk

>>

>>

>> >i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching this

>> > video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking

> milk

>> > aslong as its ahimsa milk

>> >

>> > tell me what you think

>> >

>> > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy

> cow

>> > milk production some not very nice pictures)

>> >

>> > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U

>> >

>> > it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only

> milked to

>> > reduce the pressure on their udders

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> > ---

>> >

>> > To send an email to

>> > -! Groups Links

>> >

>> >

>> >

>>

>

>

>

> ---

>

> To send an email to

> -! Groups Links

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Sue

> Rice milk.... Rice-ies?

And presumably if yo're an old Rice milk drinker you're a Rice Crispy? ;-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

rice milking drinking anarcho punks?rice crusties.....ahem...blake On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Sue

BB

Peter

Guest guest

soy not oi!

Blake Wilson Jan 21, 2009 4:36 PM Re: ahimsa milk

rice milking drinking anarcho punks?rice crusties.....ahem...blake

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Peter <metalscarab > wrote:

Hi Sue

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Why do you want to drink milk?

You cannot call yourself a vegan if you do start drinking milk. You

will have to call yourself a vegetarian, unless you eat meat or fish,

in which case you are an omnivore.

Jo

, " waterspirithippie "

>

>

> tell me what you think

>

>

>

> it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only milked

to

>

Guest guest

That's right - milk is produced according to demand. When you start

to wean babies you produce less milk. A cow will produce only as

much milk as it's baby will take.

Jo

, " flower child " <zurumato

wrote:

>

> Do cows really have too much pressure on their udders so that

we " have "

> to milk them?

>

> It seems to me that nature wouldn't build them that way.

>

> Wouldn't her baby releave her of full breast? I know humans only

> produce as much as our baby needs.

>

> When a baby suckles on her mommy, this tells the body to produce

more.

> The less the baby suckles the less milk a female produces. Empty

breast

> get full quickly when there is a baby on them.

>

> The hormone that signals the body to make more milk and is

responsible

> for this supply and demand relationship is called prolactin.

>

>

>

> , " waterspirithippie "

> <waterspirithippie@> wrote:

> >

> > i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching

this

> > video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking

milk

> > aslong as its ahimsa milk

> >

> > tell me what you think

> >

> > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy

cow

> > milk production some not very nice pictures)

> >

> > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U

> >

> > it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only

milked to

> > reduce the pressure on their udders

> >

>

Guest guest

What is the point of watching the video. If you are vegan you are

not interested in drinking milk, or even considering it.

Why are you trying to sell milk to vegans?????

This is a vegan chat group, and vegans do not wish to consider

drinking milk.

Shall we drop the subject?

Jo

, " waterspirithippie "

>

> no offense but i think you should have watched the video these are

> pregnant cows which are taken in not bread by harry crishners and

> allowed to walk for miles of feilds

>

> because of are natural selection breeding the cows with the most

milk

> have been bread meaning pain for the cows having to carry to much

> milk the only reason for milking the cows is to releave pressure

and

> not all milk is taken the calf is kept with the mother and allowed

to

> live its full life

>

> , " Peter " <metalscarab@> wrote:

> >

> > Hi

> >

> > Depends whether or not you think it's acceptable to kill the

> calves... cows

> > (as with all mammals) produce milk only for a relatively short

time

> after

> > giving birth. The milk is there to nourish the young. Therefore,

if

> the milk

> > is to be taken for human consumption, something has to be done

with

> the

> > calf... which is usually (even with ahimsa milk) a swift death!

If

> the

> > calves were there, there wouldn't be any pressure on their udders!

> >

> > BB

> > Peter

> >

> > -

> > " waterspirithippie " <waterspirithippie@>

> >

> > Wednesday, January 21, 2009 4:31 PM

> > ahimsa milk

> >

> >

> > >i am buddhist and became vegan 2 years ago but after watching

this

> > > video i cannot find anything wrong with going back to drinking

> milk

> > > aslong as its ahimsa milk

> > >

> > > tell me what you think

> > >

> > > skip to 50 seconds (the first 50 seconds is about factory dairy

> cow

> > > milk production some not very nice pictures)

> > >

> > > http://uk.youtube. com/watch? v=jsME6RpRS_ U

> > >

> > > it seems the cows can rome as far as they want and are only

> milked to

> > > reduce the pressure on their udders

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ---

> > >

> > > To send an email to