IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Question about amt. of viable members here

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yay!<-- also a Pagan and Doctor Who fan.:D :DOn Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 2:54 AM, heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

I personally like heavy metal, Doctor Who, Paganism and the

paranormal, photography, gardening, gentle walks etc.

What do you like?

-- Email: bluerose156AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com

~Boston_GothicBoston_MysticBoston-Pagans

Guest guest

I just joined a couple of days ago but am also here. Very, very here."Really really really here" :DSorry, folks, cant help it, I love talking nonsense. Let me know if that goes on anybody's nerves :SBeatriz--- On Wed, 6/25/08, stephen hawkey <stedhawk wrote:stephen hawkey <stedhawkRe: Question about amt. of "viable" members here Date: Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 5:18 PM

Im really here well I hope im really here metaphorically speaking its possible im not here but metapsysically im here in body at least!!

Steve --- On Wed, 25/6/08, qweiop75 <qweiop75 > wrote:

qweiop75 <qweiop75 > Question about amt. of "viable" members here@gro ups.comWednesday, 25 June, 2008, 9:10 PM

Hi, I'm glad to find this group & glad to be here! I was also glad to see how active the group is (wow! over 400+ posts per month!) although once I saw all that email in my box in just 24 hours, I quickly changed it to no delivery lest I lose track of those more crucial to my daily existence ;)....then I checked the archives back a year and saw that it's been the same three people posting most of the time. There's nothing at all wrong with that, & I"ve had plenty of interests in some of the posts from those three folks, but it just makes me wonder where the other 1000+ people are. Okay, so I did see a post or two here and there from names that weren't PeterVV, fraggle or Jo (handwerk), but since the membership is closed to look at, I'm curious as to how many members are in the bouncing list, and how many are "really" here, and why we aren't hearing from the others. Anybody care to

chime in?

Sent from Mail.

A Smarter Email.

Guest guest

Hi Beatriz

> Sorry, folks, cant help it, I love talking nonsense.

I'm all for a bit of nonsense... nothing quite like a good wiffle to pass an idle moment...

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Thanks, Peter :)But, am I "viable"? :-S--- On Thu, 6/26/08, Peter <metalscarab wrote:Peter <metalscarabRe: Question about amt. of "viable" members here Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 7:23 AM

Hi Beatriz

> Sorry, folks, cant help it, I love talking nonsense.

I'm all for a bit of nonsense... nothing quite like a good wiffle to pass an idle moment...

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Beatriz

> Thanks, Peter :)> But, am I "viable"? :-S

Now that's a fine question. Do people "vi" you much? Do you have any experience of being "vi'd"?

BB

Peter

Guest guest

might be we gotta define or redefine "viable".....and how does that apply to humans :-?...and to vegans in particular :-?...and what was the original question again :-?...and how many vegetarians does it take to change a light bulb?The short answer is: 21 to change the light bulb, 1 to read the label...The long answer.. well.. some other time...--- On Thu, 6/26/08, Peter <metalscarab wrote:Peter <metalscarabRe: Question about amt. of "viable" members here Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 7:40 AM

Hi Beatriz

> Thanks, Peter :)> But, am I "viable"? :-S

Now that's a fine question. Do people "vi" you much? Do you have any experience of being "vi'd"?

BB

Peter

Guest guest

I'm brand new and just replying as relevant. :) But I like to chat with others, lol.

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 4:49 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

yeah, what he said...

if you want to join in, please do!

some of us are just more chatty then others..ppl come and go...some get real into posting, and then move on...some just lurk quietly and occassionally post..--

Email: bluerose156AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com~Boston_Gothic

Boston_MysticBoston-Pagans

Guest guest

You " vi " every day, the " vi " being from the latin " vita " (or the French " vie " ), meaning life.

So, if taken literally, anyone non-viable here must be a zombie. Would vegan zombies only eat flesh of other vegans, I wonder?

Gaya :D

On 6/26/08, Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Beatriz

> Thanks, Peter :)> But, am I " viable " ? :-S

Now that's a fine question. Do people " vi " you much? Do you have any experience of being " vi'd " ?

BB

Peter

-- Ms Madeline J Andersont: 01242 861269m: 07881 623654e: maddy.anderson

Guest guest

Hi Beatriz

> might be we gotta define or redefine "viable"..> ...and how does that apply to humans :-?

Hey - who are you calling human????

> ...and what was the original question again :-?

How many beans make 5?

> ...and how many vegetarians does it take to change a light bulb?

> The short answer is: 2> 1 to change the light bulb, > 1 to read the label...

Definitely more than that....

1 to write to the manufacturer to ensure it's not a battery bulb.

1 to start a campaign for "lightbulb rights".

1 to complain that they don't want to be bothered with lightbulb rights, and they only want a lightbulb for health reasons.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Gaya

> So, if taken literally, anyone non-viable here must be a zombie.

> Would vegan zombies only eat flesh of other vegans, I wonder?

I'd have thought they'd have gone for fleshy fruits... possibly heart of lettuce...

BB

Peter

Guest guest

*not a pagan, but very much a Doctor Who fan*

:D

On 6/26/08, Blue Rose <bluerose156 wrote:

Yay!<-- also a Pagan and Doctor Who fan.:D :D

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 2:54 AM, heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

I personally like heavy metal, Doctor Who, Paganism and theparanormal, photography, gardening, gentle walks etc.What do you like?

-- Email: bluerose156

AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com~Boston_Gothic

Boston_MysticBoston-Pagans

-- Ms Madeline J Anderson

t: 01242 861269m: 07881 623654e: maddy.anderson

Guest guest

" uuurgh... lettuce... " doesn't have quite the same ring to it...

On 6/26/08, Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Gaya

I'd have thought they'd have gone for fleshy fruits... possibly heart of lettuce...

BB

Peter

Guest guest

//Would vegan zombies only eat flesh of other vegans, I wonder?//that would be cannibalism.. but wait, the last time I checked vegans didnt eat meat, so the possibilty of the existence of flesh-eating-vegan-zombies is outruled--- On Thu, 6/26/08, Peter <metalscarab wrote:Peter <metalscarabRe: Question about amt. of "viable" members here Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 9:51 AM

Hi Gaya

BB

Peter

Guest guest

That reminds me...does anyone else other than me remember Count Duckula, the vegetarian vampire? Gods I loved that show. :D

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Beatriz <searchingalight wrote:

//Would vegan zombies only eat flesh of other vegans, I wonder?//that would be cannibalism.. but wait, the last time I checked vegans didnt eat meat, so the possibilty of the existence of flesh-eating-vegan-zombies is outruled

--- On Thu, 6/26/08, Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Peter <metalscarab Re: Question about amt. of " viable " members here

Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 9:51 AM

Hi Gaya

BB

Peter

-- Email: bluerose156AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156

http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com~Boston_GothicBoston_Mystic

Boston-Pagans

Guest guest

Ah..Yes...something had gone "wrong" during that incarnation, lol.--- On Thu, 6/26/08, Blue Rose <bluerose156 wrote:Blue Rose <bluerose156Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 10:51 AM

That reminds me...does anyone else other than me remember Count Duckula, the vegetarian vampire? Gods I loved that show. :D

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Beatriz <searchingalight@ > wrote:

//Would vegan zombies only eat flesh of other vegans, I wonder?//that would be cannibalism. . but wait, the last time I checked vegans didnt eat meat, so the possibilty of the existence of flesh-eating- vegan-zombies is outruled

--- On Thu, 6/26/08, Peter <metalscarab@ gmail.com> wrote:

Peter <metalscarab@ gmail.com> Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here

@gro ups.comThursday, June 26, 2008, 9:51 AM

Hi Gaya

BB

Peter

-- Email: bluerose156@ gmail.comAIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156

http://x-bluerose- x.livejournal. com~http://groups. / group/Boston_ Gothichttp://groups. / group/Boston_ Mystic

http://groups. / group/Boston- Pagans

Guest guest

sorry, no where near atlanta! wrong coast!

qweiop75 Jun 25, 2008 3:21 PM Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here

, Beatriz <searchingalight wrote:>> > ... and life is a flow...> ... and it is a matter of vibration...> ... if You are at the same wavelength, You stay, else You move on...> sure; yep.I'm really interested more in knowing about/hearing from those who stayed, rather than knowing why others left. The home page says there are over 1000 members here right now. I suspect that, depending on how often the list owner weeds out the bouncing members, there may several hundred who're bouncing, and another couple of hundred who may not see most of the emails because they've turned off delivery or just dont have time to read them all.And I realize that none of you in the "core" group can read the minds of silent members any more than I can, so....Let me ask this one question, which was going to be my next post anyway. Has the " where do you live" question been addressed already recently? If so, maybe someone will just give me the title as it was listed and I'll do a search for it so you don't all have to read the same posts over again. I'm about to buy a large house and would like to have a couple of housemates who're vegan, and I'd really like to know:is anyone here in the Atlanta metro area?Or about to be? Or wants to be? Even if you're not looking for a living situation but want to connect, that would be good too. okee dokee. thx!

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

Guest guest

do you like pina coladas?

getting caught in the rain?

sorry, couldn't resist....

and yeah, we've had folks who've come here in the past who've just wanted to start things and talk about how fun it is to shoot lil critters and how much they luv a good hunk of decaying burnt flesh...

hence why everyone who first joins is stuck in moderated land..until the mods feel the person isn't here just to be a "bomber",

heartwerk Jun 25, 2008 11:54 PM Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here

Hi StephenVegans don't generally like chatting about raising animals for food, killing them, eating them, meat-recipes, raising animals for dairy, eggs, etc. They don't appreciate recipes using any animal ingredients.I think it is pretty much what you would expect amongst a group of vegans.I personally like heavy metal, Doctor Who, Paganism and the paranormal, photography, gardening, gentle walks etc. What do you like?Jo , stephen hawkey <stedhawk wrote:>> What subjects would be offensive to vegans that for example wouldnt be offensive to meat eaters I dont really get what subject I couldnt talk about because of my dietary preferences??> Steve> > --- On Wed, 25/6/08, jo <jo.heartwork wrote:> > jo <jo.heartwork> Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here> > Wednesday, 25 June, 2008, 10:47 PM> > > > > > > > The aim of the group is to be able to chat about anything, as long as it is not offensive to vegans, so therefore, our chats are often about other subjects. If anyone wishes to start topics on food etc. please do.>  > Jo>  > > - > yarrow > @gro ups.com > Wednesday, June 25, 2008 9:53 PM> Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here> > > > At 8:10 PM +0000 6/25/08, qweiop75 wrote:> >....then I checked the archives back a year and saw that it's been the> >same three people posting most of the time. There's nothing at all> >wrong with that, & I"ve had plenty of interests in some of the posts> >from those three folks, but it just makes me wonder where the other> >1000+ people are. Okay, so I did see a post or two here and there> >from names that weren't PeterVV, fraggle or Jo (handwerk), but since> >the membership is closed to look at, I'm curious as to how many> >members are in the bouncing list, and how many are "really" here, and> >why we aren't hearing from the others.> > Sometimes it *does* look like a private conversation among those > three (usually not about veg topics), so if anyone else does post, it > gets lost. Some days 50 or more messages get filtered into the > veg-chat box, and when the volume is that high, often I don't have > time to look at them. That's when I think I ought to weed out some > e-mail lists that appear to be more noise than signal. But then once > in a while something interesting comes along.> > I've noticed that some people post once or twice when they first > join, then never again.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ________> Not happy with your email address?.> Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at http://uk.docs./ymail/new.html>

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

Guest guest

you are absolutely and 100% fine Beatriz

if i may ask, where do you reside in portugal?(please, i don't want an adress! something like "25 miles outside of lisbon, next to the rampaging olive grove" is fine!)

how difficult (or easy) are you finding it to be veggie there?

Beatriz Jun 26, 2008 4:17 AM Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here

I just joined a couple of days ago but am also here. Very, very here."Really really really here" :DSorry, folks, cant help it, I love talking nonsense. Let me know if that goes on anybody's nerves :SBeatriz--- On Wed, 6/25/08, stephen hawkey <stedhawk (AT) (DOT) co.uk> wrote:

stephen hawkey <stedhawk (AT) (DOT) co.uk>Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here Date: Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 5:18 PM

Im really here well I hope im really here metaphorically speaking its possible im not here but metapsysically im here in body at least!!

Steve --- On Wed, 25/6/08, qweiop75 <qweiop75 > wrote:

qweiop75 <qweiop75 > Question about amt. of "viable" members here@gro ups.comWednesday, 25 June, 2008, 9:10 PM

Hi, I'm glad to find this group & glad to be here! I was also glad to see how active the group is (wow! over 400+ posts per month!) although once I saw all that email in my box in just 24 hours, I quickly changed it to no delivery lest I lose track of those more crucial to my daily existence ;)....then I checked the archives back a year and saw that it's been the same three people posting most of the time. There's nothing at all wrong with that, & I"ve had plenty of interests in some of the posts from those three folks, but it just makes me wonder where the other 1000+ people are. Okay, so I did see a post or two here and there from names that weren't PeterVV, fraggle or Jo (handwerk), but since the membership is closed to look at, I'm curious as to how many members are in the bouncing list, and how many are "really" here, and why we aren't hearing from the others. Anybody care to chime in?

Sent from Mail. A Smarter Email.

Guest guest

Haaaaaaaa... what a blast!!!--- On Thu, 6/26/08, Peter <metalscarab wrote:Peter <metalscarabRe: Question about amt. of "viable" members here Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 9:42 AM

Hi Beatriz

> might be we gotta define or redefine "viable"..> ...and how does that apply to humans :-?

How many beans make 5?

1 to complain that they don't want to be bothered with lightbulb rights, and they only want a lightbulb for health reasons.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

One of my favourites when I was a kid... I particularly remember the episode where they come across a tribe of Nannys!

BB

Peter

-

Blue Rose

Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:51 PM

Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Beatriz <searchingalight wrote:

//Would vegan zombies only eat flesh of other vegans, I wonder?//that would be cannibalism.. but wait, the last time I checked vegans didnt eat meat, so the possibilty of the existence of flesh-eating-vegan-zombies is outruled--- On Thu, 6/26/08, Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Peter <metalscarab Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here

Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 9:51 AM

Hi Gaya

BB

Peter

-- Email: bluerose156AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com~Boston_GothicBoston_MysticBoston-Pagans

Guest guest

If I remember rightly, when they were reincarnating him someone picked up the tomato sauce instead of the blood...

BB

Peter

-

Beatriz

Thursday, June 26, 2008 5:31 PM

Ah..Yes...something had gone "wrong" during that incarnation, lol.--- On Thu, 6/26/08, Blue Rose <bluerose156 wrote:

Blue Rose <bluerose156Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 10:51 AM

//Would vegan zombies only eat flesh of other vegans, I wonder?//that would be cannibalism. . but wait, the last time I checked vegans didnt eat meat, so the possibilty of the existence of flesh-eating- vegan-zombies is outruled--- On Thu, 6/26/08, Peter <metalscarab@ gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Gaya

BB

Peter

-- Email: bluerose156@ gmail.comAIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose- x.livejournal. com~http://groups. / group/Boston_ Gothichttp://groups. / group/Boston_ Mystichttp://groups. / group/Boston- Pagans

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle & all

> hence why everyone who first joins is stuck in moderated land..until the mods feel the person isn't here just to be a "bomber",

Or, more accurately, when we get our act together and take you off moderation! Sometimes it takes us a few days to get there - particularly when we have a lot of new members at one time!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

and don't forget

1 to smash the lightbulb, because you can't really "change" anything....

Peter Jun 26, 2008 6:42 AM Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here

Hi Beatriz

How many beans make 5?

BB

Peter

Guest guest

....and chicken is just another vegetable! With the lights out who can tell they arent green? It's not really their fault! Aparently some people grow them on trees, or why would some "vegetarians" still eat them?--- On Thu, 6/26/08, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:fraggle <EBbrewpunxRe: Question about amt. of "viable" members here Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 2:14 PM

and don't forget

1 to smash the lightbulb, because you can't really "change" anything....

Peter Jun 26, 2008 6:42 AM @gro ups.com Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here

Hi Beatriz

How many beans make 5?

BB

Peter

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.” - Bill Moyers

Guest guest

Ketchup :DIgor, accidentaly used tomato ketchup :D"Good night, out there! Whatever you are..."Ha! That was one of my favourite shows, when I was a kid. --- On Thu, 6/26/08, Peter <metalscarab wrote:Peter <metalscarabRe: Question about amt. of "viable" members here Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 2:06 PM

If I remember rightly, when they were reincarnating him someone picked up the tomato sauce instead of the blood...

BB

Peter

-

Beatriz

@gro ups.com

Thursday, June 26, 2008 5:31 PM

Ah..Yes...something had gone "wrong" during that incarnation, lol.--- On Thu, 6/26/08, Blue Rose <bluerose156@ gmail.com> wrote:

Blue Rose <bluerose156@ gmail.com>Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here@gro ups.comThursday, June 26, 2008, 10:51 AM

//Would vegan zombies only eat flesh of other vegans, I wonder?//that would be cannibalism. . but wait, the last time I checked vegans didnt eat meat, so the possibilty of the existence of flesh-eating- vegan-zombies is outruled--- On Thu, 6/26/08, Peter <metalscarab@ gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Gaya

BB

Peter

-- Email: bluerose156@ gmail.comAIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose- x.livejournal. com~http://groups. / group/Boston_ Gothichttp://groups. / group/Boston_ Mystichttp://groups. / group/Boston- Pagans