IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Cats!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I live in Torquay. We have tonnes of seagulls. They are very noisy with their constant squawking on rooftops and if you are not careful they will poo on you whilst walking! They even have the cheek to come into my garden looking for food and intimidating my cats (true). What a damn nuisance they are! ;-)

But do I care really? No. Live and let live. ;-)

Janey

x

You are free to go out . the birds/voles etc are free . Do you drive /ride on a bus . these kill things . Thats life

Guest guest

Like I said Jo, my cats are just too lazy to even try and kill anything. Not all cats kill birds you know! That's discrimination! You are raising a very biased argument here - its more than obvious that you just don't like cats or know much about them. Just like humans, all cats are different. Mine like different foods, like to sit in different chairs, make different noises and are different from other cats too!

Janey - defender of cats!

x

But you take away the lives of birds by keeping a cat. Doesn't the decline in the numbers of songbirds worry you, or is it just that you like cats and don't bother about other lives?

Jo

Guest guest

Yes, and I'm saying it is cruel to keep a cat locked in. My cats have all been let out this morning. They formed an orderly queue by the cat flap. One has already come back in for her breakfast. They have their own routine. They love to come in but they love to go out too. Its cruel to keep them locked in so by I am responsible owner by letting them out and letting them having their freedom. No one will convince me otherwise.

Janey

x

This somehow ties in with the 'loving a meat-eater' discussion. You can love cats but not agree with everything they do, but I think Peter is saying that it is not the fault of cats that they are doing harm, it is the fault of the owners.

Jo

Guest guest

I'll take that as a joke!

Actually she is an elderly lady who can't resist my black cat. She encourages him in with food and enjoys his company! I was always afraid that she would fall asleep and he woudn't come home at night because he would be locked in her home and I would be frantic scouring the streets for him! So no, no mice. She just has a real love for my black cat! ;-) And to get to her home he has to walk through her garden which she obviously doesn't mind at all!!!

Janey

x

That probably means they have mice.

Jo

Guest guest

Ha as you know John just bans people for nothing!

Me and Brad for instance.

Lesley

EBbrewpunx [EBbrewpunx]13 July 2002 01:02 Subject: RE: Cats!!!angie...you can't kill peter...its in his contract as list mom...you guys should take this over to vegan network so you can drive john crazyfraggle"Angie Wright" <angiewright wrote:>You are not welsh are you Peter ?> >Angie>>>Peter [snowbow] >12 July 2002 23:07> >Re: Cats!!!>>>> It's strange you put such store by the law. The law says it is okay>to rear, kill and eat animals and that vivisection is alright.>> Until a year or two ago the law also said it was alright for a man to>rape his wife - he was beyond the law. Ah well - the law must>> be right, mustn't it?> >Of course, according to the law, it is still OK to kill Welshmen in>certain parts of Shropshire (except on Sundays). According to the letter>of the law, it is illegal to gather in groups of more than three without>police permission. It is legal to urinate on the rear wheel of your car>provided you are touching the roof of your car with your right hand. And>it is illegal to commune with trees.> >I hope that anyone who is keen to quote the law will remember to take>advantage of these.> >BB>Peter> > >>--->Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (HYPERLINK>"http://www.grisoft.com"http://www.grisoft.com).>Version: 6.0.372 / Virus Database: 207 - Release 20/06/02>>

Guest guest

I might feel differently if I had a different cat...my poor kitty lost one of her hind legs when she was a kitten. When we got her from the shelter it looked pretty rough, but she's ok now. Except the highest she can jump is about two feet. She has to struggle/climb to get up on a standard-height bed. Also, she doesn't move very fast, and can't land on her feet if she jumps off of something. Also, she hasn't been outside since she was found as a stray kitten. She wouldn't have a chance out there.

Both my pets came from the shelter, so I know for sure that they're better off with me (even if they are inside). I don't know if I'd buy/breed, though. This way I feel like even if my pets deserve to live a safe and happy life outside, at least they've been saved from living in the shelter. You know what I mean?

- Muffy

(who's not going to talk about the cat thing anymore because I can't keep up with all the messages!)

-

Janey

Friday, July 12, 2002 3:01 PM

Re: Cats!!!

Keeping cats looked indoors (in my opinion) is cruel. I've never agreed with it and never will.

Cats need fresh air and their freedom. Just like the rest of us!

My cats always ask to go out. When they come back in they are happy and refreshed. I would never deprive them of their freedom. Who am I to take that away from them?!

Janey

x

Janey

There have been several emails from responsible cat owners who say they keep their cats indoors where they cannot be a nuisance to others, cannot eat birds, and cannot get run over. If they were indoors (in the warm, out of the rain, with water to drink and food to eat, and a soft bed to sleep on) then you wouldn't need to watch them all day, and you would save the lives of many small creatures.

Jo

To send an email to -

Guest guest

She is a lucky old lady who has the benefit of a cat without the responsibility .

She probably realises that she couldn't take on a cat at her age because her health might fail and the cat could end up being destroyed .I'm sure she values the Borrowing of your cat Janey .

Some neighbours of mine have borrowed 2 of mine over the years . Their own died . I see the cats some times but they no longer live with me ---their choice.

Janey [janey] 13 July 2002 08:23 Subject: Re: Cats!!!

Actually she is an elderly lady who can't resist my black cat. She encourages him in with food and enjoys his company! I was always afraid that she would fall asleep and he woudn't come home at night because he would be locked in her home and I would be frantic scouring the streets for him! So no, no mice. She just has a real love for my black cat! ;-) And to get to her home he has to walk through her garden which she obviously doesn't mind at all!!!

Janey

x

---

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.370 / Virus Database: 205 - Release 05/06/2002

Guest guest

Kittens indoors yes--like babies , but adult cats are competent and like adults who are competent should be allowed out . I'm allowed out , so are you I presume

kiwi2000 [kiwi2000] 13 July 2002 02:30 Subject: Re: Cats!!!

If you want your kitty to live long and be healthy and happy keep them indoors always. They are just like

Fraggle says, little babies and it's too dangerous for them to play outside alone.

---

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.370 / Virus Database: 205 - Release 05/06/2002