IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Gay men urged to go vegetarian

Rate this topic

Guest guest

[[..... But as you are gay and have never been anything else, how would you know how you might feel if you weren't gay?I'm sure that enjoying vegetable food is not connected to sexual preference.]]

I think we put too much emphasis on "gay vs. straight identity" as if gays and straights were two discrete groups. In reality sexuality exists on a continuum. I'm a married woman who has had serious lesbian relationships in the past; I actually know very few lesbians who have never been involved with men. Probably most people could be bi if society were open to it. In any case, I don't think there's any correlation between sex and dietary preferences.

Guest guest

I second that. 16 is really young. It's okay to have friendships but a bad idea to get too serious with someone at your age. It could lead to bad choices that mess up your future, like not going to the college you really want to just because it might take you away from somebody you think you love.

-

heartwerk

Thursday, April 26, 2007 7:36 AM

Re: Gay men urged to go vegetarian

Hi SilasBe careful. There are a lot of predatory people around. Don't be too eager to be with someone. It might not feel like it at present, but you have your whole life ahead of you in which to meet caring potential partners.Jo , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal <cordeiropascoal wrote:>> thank you very much / muchas gracias!> I hope live will be better for gays someday. Also better for animals.> I don't think I'm so young. Tday I'm 16, tomorrow I'll be 30. Time runs faster than we can imagine. Anyway, I'm always concerned about things my classmates aren't. Some say it's like being mature before being an adult.> > A partnership is not necessarily a thing for the furute, I think. Why couldn't I start looking for the right guy right now? I'm really afraid of wasting time and losing oportunities.> > Silas> > > flower child <zurumato escreveu:> hi silas, > > you're so young! you have a lot of time to find the right > person in your life. > > I think that if you hang around certain crowds, eventually> you will find a match for you. > you are active in the things that you believe in. > > In Time,> there will be people around you who share the same values and vision as > you, who are also gay. > > I went to an art college, full of artists of all kinds, > we had a visual arts department, a music department and a> dance department. > > Perhaps this is another steriotype, but there were a lot of > vegetarians in my school. I felt at home, we had a PETA office> in our school and we were activists. > > I met my husband there, and If they were not vegetarian, they > were at least open to the idea. > > You are in the right environment to meet someone with your same > values and it is just a matter of time!> > -anouk> > > , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal> wrote:> >> > I was clear in saying that I was not mentioning my own opinion, ok?> I was just describing the heterosexist world that's arround us.> > > > To be true the few nonstraight vegetarians I know scarcely care> about animal welfare.> > > > I'm looking for someone who has no prejudice against vegans for> dating. It doesn't matter if he is a meateater or not.> > > > > To send an email to - >

Guest guest

I agree - best to let it happen when it happens. In my case it was fairly young, but in others it is later. A good relationship is worth waiting for.

Jo

-

peter VV

Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:16 PM

Re: Re: Gay men urged to go vegetarian

16 today 30 tomorrow??????

hey hold on enjoy each day as it comes, and live each one like theres no tomorrow, your only young once etc,etc.

seriously I only met my wife when I was 30, so dont be in such a hurry eh?

The Valley Vegan...............Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal <cordeiropascoal wrote:

thank you very much / muchas gracias!

I hope live will be better for gays someday. Also better for animals.

I don't think I'm so young. Tday I'm 16, tomorrow I'll be 30. Time runs faster than we can imagine. Anyway, I'm always concerned about things my classmates aren't. Some say it's like being mature before being an adult.

A partnership is not necessarily a thing for the furute, I think. Why couldn't I start looking for the right guy right now? I'm really afraid of wasting time and losing oportunities.

Silas

flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> escreveu:

hi silas, you're so young! you have a lot of time to find the right person in your life. I think that if you hang around certain crowds, eventuallyyou will find a match for you. you are active in the things that you believe in. In Time,there will be people around you who share the same values and vision as you, who are also gay. I went to an art college, full of artists of all kinds, we had a visual arts department, a music department and adance department. Perhaps this is another steriotype, but there were a lot of vegetarians in my school. I felt at home, we had a PETA officein our school and we were activists. I met my husband there, and If they were not vegetarian, they were at least open to the idea. You are in the right environment to meet someone with your same values and it is just a matter of time!-anouk , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoalwrote:>> I was clear in saying that I was not mentioning my own opinion, ok?I was just describing the heterosexist world that's arround us.> > To be true the few nonstraight vegetarians I know scarcely careabout animal welfare.> > I'm looking for someone who has no prejudice against vegans fordating. It doesn't matter if he is a meateater or not.To send an email to -

Guest guest

Thanks Silas,

I will pass those links on to people who are interested.

in addition to vegan chat,

I'm on vegan_animal_rights

that one is mostly news stories.

and I'm on http://veganfreaks.net/forum/

that is chatting and talking about issues

two moderators there are gay and married to each

other.

I'm also, on my hometown chat which is vegsarasota.com,

as I live in florida.

I learn something new from each one, particularly,

that in my hometown veg group, a person can be 75 years

old and be a new Vegan!

-anouk

, Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal

<cordeiropascoal wrote:

>

> sometime ago there was a group called VVGG - Vegetarian and Vegan

Gay Group, with a forum in

>

> V-V-G-G/

>

>

> Nowadays there's only one forum for gay vegans in Groups:

> rawGLBTveg/

>

>

> I'm thinking of creating the forum veg-gay for Brazilians. I've

found many nonstraight ppl in veg-brasil

,the largest brazilian vegetarian forum with 2 000 members.

>

Guest guest

Hi Silas

I think that is a good point. The only point I would make is that the same applies to others who have coped with being outside the mainstream in other ways.

Jo

I liked what you wrote: "you...have never been anything else" - that reveals a nice understanding of homosexuality. I agree with you that enjoying vegan food is not necessarily related to sexual preference, but who's outside the mainstream because of his sexual orientation can easily endure the prejudice for other reasons like a strict dietary choice.

Silas

Guest guest

when you're straight and can easily find a suitable person for relationship...jo <jo.heartwork escreveu: I agree - best to let it happen when it happens. In my case it was fairly young, but in others it is later. A good relationship is worth waiting for. Jo - peter VV Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:16 PM Re: Re: Gay men urged to go vegetarian 16 today 30 tomorrow?????? hey hold on enjoy each day as it comes, and live each one like theres no tomorrow, your only young once etc,etc. seriously I only met my wife when I was 30, so dont be in such a hurry eh? The Valley Vegan...............Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal <cordeiropascoal wrote: thank you very

much / muchas gracias! I hope live will be better for gays someday. Also better for animals. I don't think I'm so young. Tday I'm 16, tomorrow I'll be 30. Time runs faster than we can imagine. Anyway, I'm always concerned about things my classmates aren't. Some say it's like being mature before being an adult. A partnership is not necessarily a thing for the furute, I think. Why couldn't I start looking for the right guy right now? I'm really afraid of wasting time and losing oportunities. Silas flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> escreveu: hi silas, you're so young! you have a lot of time to find the right person in your life. I think that if you hang around certain crowds, eventuallyyou will find a match for you. you are

active in the things that you believe in. In Time,there will be people around you who share the same values and vision as you, who are also gay. I went to an art college, full of artists of all kinds, we had a visual arts department, a music department and adance department. Perhaps this is another steriotype, but there were a lot of vegetarians in my school. I felt at home, we had a PETA officein our school and we were activists. I met my husband there, and If they were not vegetarian, they were at least open to the idea. You are in the right environment to meet someone with your same values and it is just a matter of time!-anouk , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoalwrote:>> I was clear in saying that I was not mentioning my own opinion, ok?I was just describing the heterosexist world that's arround us.> >

To be true the few nonstraight vegetarians I know scarcely careabout animal welfare.> > I'm looking for someone who has no prejudice against vegans fordating. It doesn't matter if he is a meateater or not.To send an email to -

Guest guest

I don't think it's that easy - look at all the mistakes people make.

Jo

-

Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal

Friday, April 27, 2007 9:20 PM

when you're straight and can easily find a suitable person for relationship...jo <jo.heartwork escreveu:

I agree - best to let it happen when it happens. In my case it was fairly young, but in others it is later. A good relationship is worth waiting for.

Jo

-

peter VV

hey hold on enjoy each day as it comes, and live each one like theres no tomorrow, your only young once etc,etc.

I don't think I'm so young. Tday I'm 16, tomorrow I'll be 30. Time runs faster than we can imagine. Anyway, I'm always concerned about things my classmates aren't. Some say it's like being mature before being an adult.

A partnership is not necessarily a thing for the furute, I think. Why couldn't I start looking for the right guy right now? I'm really afraid of wasting time and losing oportunities.

Silas

hi silas, you're so young! you have a lot of time to find the right person in your life. I think that if you hang around certain crowds, eventuallyyou will find a match for you. you are active in the things that you believe in. In Time,there will be people around you who share the same values and vision as you, who are also gay. I went to an art college, full of artists of all kinds, we had a visual arts department, a music department and adance department. Perhaps this is another steriotype, but there were a lot of vegetarians in my school. I felt at home, we had a PETA officein our school and we were activists. I met my husband there, and If they were not vegetarian, they were at least open to the idea. You are in the right environment to meet someone with your same values and it is just a matter of time!-anouk , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoalwrote:>> I was clear in saying that I was not mentioning my own opinion, ok?I was just describing the heterosexist world that's arround us.> > To be true the few nonstraight vegetarians I know scarcely careabout animal welfare.> > I'm looking for someone who has no prejudice against vegans fordating. It doesn't matter if he is a meateater or not.To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Silas

I don't know what it's like in Brazil, but in the UK the opposite is the case. The "gay community" tends to gather in specific places which makes it much easier for gay people to find each other. I also think it's very easy to think that everyone else finds it easier to find a partner when you're single and everyone around you isn't!

BB

Peter

-

Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal

Friday, April 27, 2007 9:20 PM

when you're straight and can easily find a suitable person for relationship...jo <jo.heartwork escreveu:

Jo

-

peter VV

Silas

Guest guest

As the old saying goes, theres someone for everyone out there?.or something like that, hey if an old gargoyle like me can find someone, then so can you. The Valley Vegan............Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal <cordeiropascoal wrote: when you're straight and can easily find a suitable person for relationship...jo <jo.heartwork > escreveu: I agree - best to let it happen when it happens. In my case it was fairly young, but in others it is later. A good relationship is worth waiting for. Jo - peter VV Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:16 PM Re: Re: Gay men urged to go vegetarian 16 today 30 tomorrow?????? hey hold on enjoy each day

as it comes, and live each one like theres no tomorrow, your only young once etc,etc. seriously I only met my wife when I was 30, so dont be in such a hurry eh? The Valley Vegan...............Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal <cordeiropascoal .br> wrote: thank you very much / muchas gracias! I hope live will be better for gays someday. Also better for animals. I don't think I'm so young. Tday I'm 16, tomorrow I'll be 30. Time runs faster than we can imagine. Anyway, I'm always concerned about things my classmates aren't. Some say it's like being mature before being an adult. A partnership is not necessarily a thing for the furute, I think. Why couldn't I start

looking for the right guy right now? I'm really afraid of wasting time and losing oportunities. Silas flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> escreveu: hi silas, you're so young! you have a lot of time to find the right person in your life. I think that if you hang around certain crowds, eventuallyyou will find a match for you. you are active in the things that you believe in. In Time,there will be people around you who share the same values and vision as you, who are also gay. I went to an art college, full of artists of all kinds, we had a visual arts department, a music department and adance department. Perhaps this is another steriotype, but there were a lot of vegetarians in my school. I felt at home, we had a PETA officein our

school and we were activists. I met my husband there, and If they were not vegetarian, they were at least open to the idea. You are in the right environment to meet someone with your same values and it is just a matter of time!-anouk , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoalwrote:>> I was clear in saying that I was not mentioning my own opinion, ok?I was just describing the heterosexist world that's arround us.> > To be true the few nonstraight vegetarians I know scarcely careabout animal welfare.> > I'm looking for someone who has no prejudice against vegans fordating. It doesn't matter if he is a meateater or not.To send an email to -

Guest guest

I think there're ppl who are 100% gay or 100% straight, but these ones are hard to find. Oom Yaaqub <oomyaaqub escreveu: [[..... But as you are gay and have never been anything else, how would you know how you might feel if you weren't gay?I'm sure that enjoying vegetable food is not connected to sexual preference.]] I think we put too much emphasis on "gay vs. straight identity" as if gays and straights were two discrete groups. In reality sexuality exists on a continuum. I'm a married woman who has had serious lesbian relationships in the past; I actually know very few lesbians who have

never been involved with men. Probably most people could be bi if society were open to it. In any case, I don't think there's any correlation between sex and dietary preferences.

Você quer respostas para suas perguntas? Ou você sabe muito e quer compartilhar seu conhecimento? Experimente o Respostas!

Guest guest

Calm down. I just want a date right now. No matter how serious this relationship will be. Perhaps you have no idea of the loneliness a gay boy has to endure. A dating in this case is similar to a oasis in the desert. Silas, 16, Victoria, Brazil. Oom Yaaqub <oomyaaqub escreveu: I second that. 16 is really young. It's okay to have friendships but a bad idea to get too serious with someone at your age. It could lead to bad choices that mess up your future, like not going to the college you really want to just because it might take you away from somebody you think

you love. - heartwerk Thursday, April 26, 2007 7:36 AM Re: Gay men urged to go vegetarian Hi SilasBe careful. There are a lot of predatory people around. Don't be too eager to be with someone. It might not feel like it at present, but you have your whole life ahead of you in

which to meet caring potential partners.Jo , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal <cordeiropascoal wrote:>> thank you very much / muchas gracias!> I hope live will be better for gays someday. Also better for animals.> I don't think I'm so young. Tday I'm 16, tomorrow I'll be 30. Time runs faster than we can imagine. Anyway, I'm always concerned about things my classmates aren't. Some say it's like being mature before being an adult.> > A partnership is not necessarily a thing for the furute, I think. Why couldn't I start looking for the right guy right now? I'm really afraid of wasting time and losing oportunities.> > Silas> > > flower child <zurumato escreveu:> hi silas, > > you're so

young! you have a lot of time to find the right > person in your life. > > I think that if you hang around certain crowds, eventually> you will find a match for you. > you are active in the things that you believe in. > > In Time,> there will be people around you who share the same values and vision as > you, who are also gay. > > I went to an art college, full of artists of all kinds, > we had a visual arts department, a music department and a> dance department. > > Perhaps this is another steriotype, but there were a lot of > vegetarians in my school. I felt at home, we had a PETA office> in our school and we were activists. > > I met my husband there, and If they were not vegetarian, they > were at least open to the idea. > > You are in the right environment to meet someone with your same > values and it is

just a matter of time!> > -anouk> > > , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal> wrote:> >> > I was clear in saying that I was not mentioning my own opinion, ok?> I was just describing the heterosexist world that's arround us.> > > > To be true the few nonstraight vegetarians I know scarcely care> about animal welfare.> > > > I'm looking for someone who has no prejudice against vegans for> dating. It doesn't matter if he is a meateater or not.> > > > > To send an email to - >

Guest guest

Anyway it's easier if you're not gay.jo <jo.heartwork escreveu: I don't think it's that easy - look at all the mistakes people make. Jo - Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal Friday, April 27, 2007 9:20 PM Re: Re: Gay men urged to go vegetarian when you're straight and can easily find a suitable person for relationship...jo <jo.heartwork escreveu: I agree - best to let it happen when it happens. In my case it was fairly young, but in others it is later. A good relationship is worth waiting for. Jo - peter VV Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:16 PM Re: Re: Gay men urged to go vegetarian 16 today 30 tomorrow?????? hey hold on enjoy each day as it comes, and live each one like theres no tomorrow, your only young once etc,etc. seriously I only met my wife when I was 30, so dont be in such a hurry eh? The Valley

Vegan...............Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal <cordeiropascoal wrote: thank you very much / muchas gracias! I hope live will be better for gays someday. Also better for animals. I don't think I'm so young. Tday I'm 16, tomorrow I'll be 30. Time runs faster than we can imagine. Anyway, I'm always concerned about things my classmates aren't. Some say it's like being mature before being an adult. A partnership is not necessarily a thing for the furute, I think. Why couldn't I start looking for the right guy right now? I'm really afraid of wasting time and losing oportunities. Silas flower child

<zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> escreveu: hi silas, you're so young! you have a lot of time to find the right person in your life. I think that if you hang around certain crowds, eventuallyyou will find a match for you. you are active in the things that you believe in. In Time,there will be people around you who share the same values and vision as you, who are also gay. I went to an art college, full of artists of all kinds, we had a visual arts department, a music department and adance department. Perhaps this is another steriotype, but there were a lot of vegetarians in my school. I felt at home, we had a PETA officein our school and we were activists. I met my husband there, and If they were not vegetarian, they were at least open to the idea. You are in the right environment to meet someone

with your same values and it is just a matter of time!-anouk , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoalwrote:>> I was clear in saying that I was not mentioning my own opinion, ok?I was just describing the heterosexist world that's arround us.> > To be true the few nonstraight vegetarians I know scarcely careabout animal welfare.> > I'm looking for someone who has no prejudice against vegans fordating. It doesn't matter if he is a meateater or not.To send an email to -

Guest guest

I must disagree - maybe you are looking in the wrong places.

Jo

-

Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal

Sunday, April 29, 2007 4:45 PM

I think there're ppl who are 100% gay or 100% straight, but these ones are hard to find.

Oom Yaaqub <oomyaaqub escreveu:

[[..... But as you are gay and have never been anything else, how would you know how you might feel if you weren't gay?I'm sure that enjoying vegetable food is not connected to sexual preference.]]

I think we put too much emphasis on "gay vs. straight identity" as if gays and straights were two discrete groups. In reality sexuality exists on a continuum. I'm a married woman who has had serious lesbian relationships in the past; I actually know very few lesbians who have never been involved with men. Probably most people could be bi if society were open to it. In any case, I don't think there's any correlation between sex and dietary preferences.

Você quer respostas para suas perguntas? Ou você sabe muito e quer compartilhar seu conhecimento? Experimente o Respostas!

Guest guest

HI Silas

I think most 16 year old heterosexual boys are too shy to ask anyone out on a date. It is normal, as is the feeling that you will never find anyone.

Jo

-

Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal

Sunday, April 29, 2007 4:57 PM

Calm down.

I just want a date right now. No matter how serious this relationship will be.

Perhaps you have no idea of the loneliness a gay boy has to endure. A dating in this case is similar to a oasis in the desert.

Silas, 16, Victoria, Brazil.

Oom Yaaqub <oomyaaqub escreveu:

I second that. 16 is really young. It's okay to have friendships but a bad idea to get too serious with someone at your age. It could lead to bad choices that mess up your future, like not going to the college you really want to just because it might take you away from somebody you think you love.

-

heartwerk

Thursday, April 26, 2007 7:36 AM

Re: Gay men urged to go vegetarian

Hi SilasBe careful. There are a lot of predatory people around. Don't be too eager to be with someone. It might not feel like it at present, but you have your whole life ahead of you in which to meet caring potential partners.Jo , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal <cordeiropascoal wrote:>> thank you very much / muchas gracias!> I hope live will be better for gays someday. Also better for animals.> I don't think I'm so young. Tday I'm 16, tomorrow I'll be 30. Time runs faster than we can imagine. Anyway, I'm always concerned about things my classmates aren't. Some say it's like being mature before being an adult.> > A partnership is not necessarily a thing for the furute, I think. Why couldn't I start looking for the right guy right now? I'm really afraid of wasting time and losing oportunities.> > Silas> > > flower child <zurumato escreveu:> hi silas, > > you're so young! you have a lot of time to find the right > person in your life. > > I think that if you hang around certain crowds, eventually> you will find a match for you. > you are active in the things that you believe in. > > In Time,> there will be people around you who share the same values and vision as > you, who are also gay. > > I went to an art college, full of artists of all kinds, > we had a visual arts department, a music department and a> dance department. > > Perhaps this is another steriotype, but there were a lot of > vegetarians in my school. I felt at home, we had a PETA office> in our school and we were activists. > > I met my husband there, and If they were not vegetarian, they > were at least open to the idea. > > You are in the right environment to meet someone with your same > values and it is just a matter of time!> > -anouk> > > , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal> wrote:> >> > I was clear in saying that I was not mentioning my own opinion, ok?> I was just describing the heterosexist world that's arround us.> > > > To be true the few nonstraight vegetarians I know scarcely care> about animal welfare.> > > > I'm looking for someone who has no prejudice against vegans for> dating. It doesn't matter if he is a meateater or not.> > > > > To send an email to - >

Guest guest

exactly. I met a bisexual girl in a veg meeting. She is helping me to find other gay guys. Silasjo <jo.heartwork escreveu: I must disagree - maybe you are looking in the wrong places. Jo - Silas

Cordeiro-Pascoal Sunday, April 29, 2007 4:45 PM Re: Re: Gay men urged to go vegetarian I think there're ppl who are 100% gay or 100% straight, but these ones are hard to find. Oom Yaaqub <oomyaaqub escreveu: [[..... But as you are gay and have never been anything else, how would you know how you

might feel if you weren't gay?I'm sure that enjoying vegetable food is not connected to sexual preference.]] I think we put too much emphasis on "gay vs. straight identity" as if gays and straights were two discrete groups. In reality sexuality exists on a continuum. I'm a married woman who has had serious lesbian relationships in the past; I actually know very few lesbians who have never been involved with men. Probably most people could be bi if society were open to it. In any case, I don't think there's any correlation between sex and dietary preferences. Você quer respostas para suas perguntas? Ou você sabe muito e quer compartilhar seu conhecimento? Experimente o Respostas!

O está de cara nova. Venha conferir!

Guest guest

I hope you find someone you like. I wish you well. The Valley Vegan............. Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal <cordeiropascoal wrote: exactly. I met a bisexual girl in a veg meeting. She is helping me to find other gay guys. Silasjo <jo.heartwork > escreveu: I must disagree - maybe you are looking in the wrong places. Jo - Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal Sunday, April 29, 2007 4:45 PM Re: Re: Gay men urged to go vegetarian I think there're ppl who are 100% gay or 100% straight, but these ones are hard to find. Oom Yaaqub <oomyaaqub (AT) msn (DOT) com> escreveu: [[..... But as you are gay and have never been anything else, how would you know how you might feel if you weren't gay?I'm sure that enjoying vegetable food is not connected to sexual preference.]] I think we put too much emphasis on "gay vs. straight identity" as if gays and straights were two discrete groups. In reality sexuality exists on a continuum. I'm a married woman who has had serious lesbian relationships in the past; I actually know very few lesbians who have never been involved with men. Probably most people could be bi if society were open to it. In any case, I don't think there's any correlation

between sex and dietary preferences. Você quer respostas para suas perguntas? Ou você sabe muito e quer compartilhar seu conhecimento? Experimente o Respostas! O está de cara nova. Venha conferir! Peter H

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship.