IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Gay men urged to go vegetarian

Rate this topic

Guest guest

UK animal rights group Viva! is urging the gay community to give peas a chance and save animals from suffering by going veggie. A new ad shows a sexy lad cuddling a lamb with the words, "Because being a man means more than having meat and two veg." It promotes Viva!'s second Incredible Veggie Show -- the biggest vegetarian event in Europe -- in London on June 30. One in five of Viva!'s staff is gay and the group has great support in the lesbian community, with women making up 80 per cent of the membership. Viva is now targeting gay men with the somewhat ambitious claim that going veggie can make a man more attractive and improve his sex life. Meat and the fat it contains can clog the arteries, says Viva!, which makes lovemaking harder because things are softer, can produce stinky breath, make you obese and cause your hair to fall out prematurely. While the above may be true, it will be hard to convince the chicken

breast-chomping muscle-Mary contingent. Perhaps the next question the veggies need to address is, 'Can you be a buff hunk on nothing but pulses and vegetable?' A report by the U.S. National Institutes of Health confirmed that vegetarians actually smell better than meat-eaters. But the good news is, carnivores who cut out meat can improve their odor, clear their arteries, cut their risk of heart disease and a string of other illnesses, keep their hair sprouting and soon start feeling themselves again. Justin Kerswell, Viva!'s campaigns manager, is getting hitched to his long-term partner, Stuart, in August. After the civil ceremony, there will a fun Mexican theme party where all the food will be decadent vegan. "I've been vegan for the last three years and before that I was vegetarian for 20 years," Kerswell said. "The only meat in my life now has got a pulse! Got to say, I've never felt better -- and at 37 I'm glad to report I'm still the same weight I

was at 18. "I suffered discrimination as a gay man when I was younger and so developed an interest in gay rights. At the same time, I began to learn about the appalling treatment of today's farmed animals. I was shocked to find that in the UK we kill and eat around a billion animals every year. I didn't want to be a part of that and felt that injustice was unacceptable whoever or whatever was the target. So come on GLB & T people, join up the dots and ditch the meat -- Viva! is here to help." Jane Easton, cookery co-ordinator at Viva!, is also getting hitched this year -- to Mary, her partner of 22 years. The food will be vegan, of course, but not cooked by her this time -- she's having a rest! "I was veggie for over 15 years and have been vegan for six years," Easton said. "My initial reasons for changing my diet were about feeding the world -- vegetarianism was so much more efficient than wasteful meat production. "Like many gays and

lesbians I saw the links between oppression of animals and people and thought there's enough cruelty and violence in the world without me adding to it. Compassion obviously pays as I've never felt better or eaten better. I'm 52 but don't feel it and, if I can believe my mates, I don't look it." (Stewart Who?, Gay.com U.K.) Peter H

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try

it now.

Guest guest

I'm gay and vegan! I think it's easier to make gays veggie than straight men. Silas, 16 - Victoria, Brazil.peter VV <swpgh01 escreveu: UK animal rights group Viva! is urging the gay community to give peas a chance and save animals from suffering by going veggie. A new ad shows a sexy lad cuddling a lamb with the words, "Because being a man means more than having meat and two veg." It promotes Viva!'s second Incredible Veggie Show -- the biggest vegetarian event in Europe -- in London on June 30. One in five of Viva!'s staff is gay and the group has great support in the lesbian community, with women making up 80 per cent of the membership. Viva is now targeting gay men with the somewhat ambitious claim that going veggie can

make a man more attractive and improve his sex life. Meat and the fat it contains can clog the arteries, says Viva!, which makes lovemaking harder because things are softer, can produce stinky breath, make you obese and cause your hair to fall out prematurely. While the above may be true, it will be hard to convince the chicken breast-chomping muscle-Mary contingent. Perhaps the next question the veggies need to address is, 'Can you be a buff hunk on nothing but pulses and vegetable?' A report by the U.S. National Institutes of Health confirmed that vegetarians actually smell better than meat-eaters. But the good news is, carnivores who cut out meat can improve their odor, clear their arteries, cut their risk of heart disease and a string of other illnesses, keep their hair sprouting and soon start feeling themselves again. Justin Kerswell, Viva!'s campaigns manager, is getting hitched to his long-term partner, Stuart, in August. After the civil

ceremony, there will a fun Mexican theme party where all the food will be decadent vegan. "I've been vegan for the last three years and before that I was vegetarian for 20 years," Kerswell said. "The only meat in my life now has got a pulse! Got to say, I've never felt better -- and at 37 I'm glad to report I'm still the same weight I was at 18. "I suffered discrimination as a gay man when I was younger and so developed an interest in gay rights. At the same time, I began to learn about the appalling treatment of today's farmed animals. I was shocked to find that in the UK we kill and eat around a billion animals every year. I didn't want to be a part of that and felt that injustice was unacceptable whoever or whatever was the target. So come on GLB & T people, join up the dots and ditch the meat -- Viva! is here to help." Jane Easton, cookery co-ordinator at Viva!, is also getting hitched this year -- to Mary, her partner of 22 years. The food will

be vegan, of course, but not cooked by her this time -- she's having a rest! "I was veggie for over 15 years and have been vegan for six years," Easton said. "My initial reasons for changing my diet were about feeding the world -- vegetarianism was so much more efficient than wasteful meat production. "Like many gays and lesbians I saw the links between oppression of animals and people and thought there's enough cruelty and violence in the world without me adding to it. Compassion obviously pays as I've never felt better or eaten better. I'm 52 but don't feel it and, if I can believe my mates, I don't look it." (Stewart Who?, Gay.com U.K.) Peter H Answers - Got a

question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it now.

Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora!

Guest guest

Hi Silas

Why do you think that?

Jo

, Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal

<cordeiropascoal wrote:

>

> I'm gay and vegan!

>

> I think it's easier to make gays veggie than straight men.

>

> Silas, 16 - Victoria, Brazil.

>

> peter VV <swpgh01 escreveu:

> UK animal rights group Viva! is urging the gay community to

give peas a chance and save animals from suffering by going veggie.

> A new ad shows a sexy lad cuddling a lamb with the

words, " Because being a man means more than having meat and two

veg. " It promotes Viva!'s second Incredible Veggie Show -- the

biggest vegetarian event in Europe -- in London on June 30. One in

five of Viva!'s staff is gay and the group has great support in the

lesbian community, with women making up 80 per cent of the

membership. Viva is now targeting gay men with the somewhat ambitious

claim that going veggie can make a man more attractive and improve

his sex life. Meat and the fat it contains can clog the arteries,

says Viva!, which makes lovemaking harder because things are softer,

can produce stinky breath, make you obese and cause your hair to fall

out prematurely. While the above may be true, it will be hard to

convince the chicken breast-chomping muscle-Mary contingent. Perhaps

the next question the veggies need to address is, 'Can you be a buff

hunk on nothing but pulses and vegetable?' A report by the

> U.S. National Institutes of Health confirmed that vegetarians

actually smell better than meat-eaters. But the good news is,

carnivores who cut out meat can improve their odor, clear their

arteries, cut their risk of heart disease and a string of other

illnesses, keep their hair sprouting and soon start feeling

themselves again. Justin Kerswell, Viva!'s campaigns manager, is

getting hitched to his long-term partner, Stuart, in August. After

the civil ceremony, there will a fun Mexican theme party where all

the food will be decadent vegan. " I've been vegan for the last

three years and before that I was vegetarian for 20 years, " Kerswell

said. " The only meat in my life now has got a pulse! Got to say, I've

never felt better -- and at 37 I'm glad to report I'm still the same

weight I was at 18. " I suffered discrimination as a gay man when I

was younger and so developed an interest in gay rights. At the same

time, I began to learn about the appalling treatment of today's

> farmed animals. I was shocked to find that in the UK we kill and

eat around a billion animals every year. I didn't want to be a part

of that and felt that injustice was unacceptable whoever or whatever

was the target. So come on GLB & T people, join up the dots and ditch

the meat -- Viva! is here to help. " Jane Easton, cookery co-

ordinator at Viva!, is also getting hitched this year -- to Mary, her

partner of 22 years. The food will be vegan, of course, but not

cooked by her this time -- she's having a rest! " I was veggie for

over 15 years and have been vegan for six years, " Easton said. " My

initial reasons for changing my diet were about feeding the world --

vegetarianism was so much more efficient than wasteful meat

production. " Like many gays and lesbians I saw the links between

oppression of animals and people and thought there's enough cruelty

and violence in the world without me adding to it. Compassion

obviously pays as I've never felt better or eaten better.

> I'm 52 but don't feel it and, if I can believe my mates, I don't

look it. " (Stewart Who?, Gay.com U.K.)

>

>

>

> Peter H

>

>

>

> Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the

answer. Try it now.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o

discador agora!

>

Guest guest

I thought the article was amusing, and seemed to be suggesting that too. Although I doubt that it is true? The Valley Vegan...........Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal <cordeiropascoal wrote: I'm gay and vegan! I think it's easier to make gays veggie than straight men. Silas, 16 - Victoria, Brazil.peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> escreveu: UK animal rights group Viva! is urging the gay community to give peas a chance and save animals from suffering by going veggie. A new ad shows a sexy lad cuddling a lamb with the words, "Because being a man means more than having meat and two veg." It promotes Viva!'s second Incredible Veggie Show -- the biggest vegetarian event in Europe -- in London on June 30. One in five of Viva!'s staff is gay and the group has great support in the lesbian community, with women making up 80 per cent of the membership. Viva is now targeting gay men with the somewhat ambitious claim that going veggie can make a man more attractive and improve his sex life. Meat and the fat it contains can clog the arteries, says Viva!, which makes lovemaking harder because things are softer, can produce stinky breath, make you obese and cause your hair to fall out prematurely. While the above may be true, it will be

hard to convince the chicken breast-chomping muscle-Mary contingent. Perhaps the next question the veggies need to address is, 'Can you be a buff hunk on nothing but pulses and vegetable?' A report by the U.S. National Institutes of Health confirmed that vegetarians actually smell better than meat-eaters. But the good news is, carnivores who cut out meat can improve their odor, clear their arteries, cut their risk of heart disease and a string of other illnesses, keep their hair sprouting and soon start feeling themselves again. Justin Kerswell, Viva!'s campaigns manager, is getting hitched to his long-term partner, Stuart, in August. After the civil ceremony, there will a fun Mexican theme party where all the food will be decadent vegan. "I've been vegan for the last three years and before that I was vegetarian for 20 years," Kerswell said. "The only meat in my life now has got a pulse! Got to say, I've never felt better -- and at 37 I'm glad to

report I'm still the same weight I was at 18. "I suffered discrimination as a gay man when I was younger and so developed an interest in gay rights. At the same time, I began to learn about the appalling treatment of today's farmed animals. I was shocked to find that in the UK we kill and eat around a billion animals every year. I didn't want to be a part of that and felt that injustice was unacceptable whoever or whatever was the target. So come on GLB & T people, join up the dots and ditch the meat -- Viva! is here to help." Jane Easton, cookery co-ordinator at Viva!, is also getting hitched this year -- to Mary, her partner of 22 years. The food will be vegan, of course, but not cooked by her this time -- she's having a rest! "I was veggie for over 15 years and have been vegan for six years," Easton said. "My initial reasons for changing my diet were about feeding the world -- vegetarianism was so much more efficient than wasteful meat production.

"Like many gays and lesbians I saw the links between oppression of animals and people and thought there's enough cruelty and violence in the world without me adding to it. Compassion obviously pays as I've never felt better or eaten better. I'm 52 but don't feel it and, if I can believe my mates, I don't look it." (Stewart Who?, Gay.com U.K.) Peter H Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it now.

Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora! Peter H

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try

it now.

Guest guest

I don't think it's true - it's like saying one race is mre likely to be vegan than another race.

Jo

-

peter VV

Monday, April 23, 2007 6:55 PM

Re: Gay men urged to go vegetarian

I thought the article was amusing, and seemed to be suggesting that too. Although I doubt that it is true?

The Valley Vegan...........Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal <cordeiropascoal wrote:

I'm gay and vegan!

I think it's easier to make gays veggie than straight men.

Silas, 16 - Victoria, Brazil.peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> escreveu:

UK animal rights group Viva! is urging the gay community to give peas a chance and save animals from suffering by going veggie.

A new ad shows a sexy lad cuddling a lamb with the words, "Because being a man means more than having meat and two veg." It promotes Viva!'s second Incredible Veggie Show -- the biggest vegetarian event in Europe -- in London on June 30. One in five of Viva!'s staff is gay and the group has great support in the lesbian community, with women making up 80 per cent of the membership. Viva is now targeting gay men with the somewhat ambitious claim that going veggie can make a man more attractive and improve his sex life. Meat and the fat it contains can clog the arteries, says Viva!, which makes lovemaking harder because things are softer, can produce stinky breath, make you obese and cause your hair to fall out prematurely. While the above may be true, it will be hard to convince the chicken breast-chomping muscle-Mary contingent. Perhaps the next question the veggies need to address is, 'Can you be a buff hunk on nothing but pulses and vegetable?' A report by the U.S. National Institutes of Health confirmed that vegetarians actually smell better than meat-eaters. But the good news is, carnivores who cut out meat can improve their odor, clear their arteries, cut their risk of heart disease and a string of other illnesses, keep their hair sprouting and soon start feeling themselves again. Justin Kerswell, Viva!'s campaigns manager, is getting hitched to his long-term partner, Stuart, in August. After the civil ceremony, there will a fun Mexican theme party where all the food will be decadent vegan. "I've been vegan for the last three years and before that I was vegetarian for 20 years," Kerswell said. "The only meat in my life now has got a pulse! Got to say, I've never felt better -- and at 37 I'm glad to report I'm still the same weight I was at 18. "I suffered discrimination as a gay man when I was younger and so developed an interest in gay rights. At the same time, I began to learn about the appalling treatment of today's farmed animals. I was shocked to find that in the UK we kill and eat around a billion animals every year. I didn't want to be a part of that and felt that injustice was unacceptable whoever or whatever was the target. So come on GLB & T people, join up the dots and ditch the meat -- Viva! is here to help." Jane Easton, cookery co-ordinator at Viva!, is also getting hitched this year -- to Mary, her partner of 22 years. The food will be vegan, of course, but not cooked by her this time -- she's having a rest! "I was veggie for over 15 years and have been vegan for six years," Easton said. "My initial reasons for changing my diet were about feeding the world -- vegetarianism was so much more efficient than wasteful meat production. "Like many gays and lesbians I saw the links between oppression of animals and people and thought there's enough cruelty and violence in the world without me adding to it. Compassion obviously pays as I've never felt better or eaten better. I'm 52 but don't feel it and, if I can believe my mates, I don't look it." (Stewart Who?, Gay.com U.K.)

Peter H

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it now.

Peter H

Guest guest

It's a cultural question. Gays are oftem related to the lack of aggressiveness. Haven't you ever heard the jokes about the sexuality of vegetarians? Anyway, I have some gay friends who are more opened to vegetarianism than the straight ones, and my best gay friend had also been vegetarian for a while, due to my influence. Gay men undergo a similar prejudice to vegans. Gays and vegans are often so sensitive that ppl link them. I am gay and vegan at the same time. I think my gayness helped me to decide for the animals... Anyway, I'm not saying that there's a very link between homosexuality and veganism, ok? I'm just depicting these questions as they're seen by most arround me. I'm just 16, but I worry about my future. Will I found a parnter who will support my vegan lifestyle or even be tolerant? I'm looking for a monogamous and lifelong relationship

with a nice guy. (Sorry for my poor english!) Silas, 16, Victoria, Brazil. Brazilian Vegetarian Society coordinator for the Espirito Santo estate www.svb.org.br Animal Rights activist in www.amaes.org.br Vegan (photo + profile) http://www.guiavegano.com.br/galeria/displayimage.php?pos=-5230 Translator and member of the International Vegetarian Union www.ivu.org Volunteer for the Vegan Society - UK www.vegansociety.com Add me (MSN messenger): silasco heartwerk <jo.heartwork escreveu: Hi SilasWhy do you think that?Jo , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal wrote:>> I'm gay and vegan!> > I think it's easier to make gays veggie than straight men.> > Silas, 16 - Victoria, Brazil.> > peter VV escreveu:> UK animal rights group Viva! is urging the gay community to give peas a chance and save animals from suffering by going veggie. > A new ad shows a sexy lad cuddling a lamb with the words, "Because being a man means more than having meat and two veg." It promotes Viva!'s second Incredible Veggie Show -- the biggest vegetarian event

in Europe -- in London on June 30. One in five of Viva!'s staff is gay and the group has great support in the lesbian community, with women making up 80 per cent of the membership. Viva is now targeting gay men with the somewhat ambitious claim that going veggie can make a man more attractive and improve his sex life. Meat and the fat it contains can clog the arteries, says Viva!, which makes lovemaking harder because things are softer, can produce stinky breath, make you obese and cause your hair to fall out prematurely. While the above may be true, it will be hard to convince the chicken breast-chomping muscle-Mary contingent. Perhaps the next question the veggies need to address is, 'Can you be a buff hunk on nothing but pulses and vegetable?' A report by the> U.S. National Institutes of Health confirmed that vegetarians actually smell better than meat-eaters. But the good news is, carnivores who cut out meat

can improve their odor, clear their arteries, cut their risk of heart disease and a string of other illnesses, keep their hair sprouting and soon start feeling themselves again. Justin Kerswell, Viva!'s campaigns manager, is getting hitched to his long-term partner, Stuart, in August. After the civil ceremony, there will a fun Mexican theme party where all the food will be decadent vegan. "I've been vegan for the last three years and before that I was vegetarian for 20 years," Kerswell said. "The only meat in my life now has got a pulse! Got to say, I've never felt better -- and at 37 I'm glad to report I'm still the same weight I was at 18. "I suffered discrimination as a gay man when I was younger and so developed an interest in gay rights. At the same time, I began to learn about the appalling treatment of today's> farmed animals. I was shocked to find that in the UK we kill and eat around a billion animals

every year. I didn't want to be a part of that and felt that injustice was unacceptable whoever or whatever was the target. So come on GLB & T people, join up the dots and ditch the meat -- Viva! is here to help." Jane Easton, cookery co-ordinator at Viva!, is also getting hitched this year -- to Mary, her partner of 22 years. The food will be vegan, of course, but not cooked by her this time -- she's having a rest! "I was veggie for over 15 years and have been vegan for six years," Easton said. "My initial reasons for changing my diet were about feeding the world -- vegetarianism was so much more efficient than wasteful meat production. "Like many gays and lesbians I saw the links between oppression of animals and people and thought there's enough cruelty and violence in the world without me adding to it. Compassion obviously pays as I've never felt better or eaten better. > I'm 52 but don't feel it and, if I

can believe my mates, I don't look it." (Stewart Who?, Gay.com U.K.) > > > > Peter H > > > > Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it now. > > > > > Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora!>

Você quer respostas para suas perguntas? Ou você sabe muito e quer compartilhar seu conhecimento? Experimente o Respostas!

Guest guest

I agree that if you're outside mainstream culture in one way,

you're more likely to step outside mainstream culture in other ways,

too. In other words, if you have an open mind about any one

taken-for-granted aspect of life, it's more likely that you'll have an

open mind in other areas as well.

I know that when I first found out it was possible to be

vegetarian (more than 30 years ago), I realized that if I had been

misled about something as basic as food, I needed to question

everything else I thought I knew.

(But like most deep truths, the opposite is also true: some

people who've taken a big step outside the mainstream in one area of

their life may have used up their out-of-the-mainstream quota in one

fell swoop, and in every other area of their lives they strictly

conform to what they perceive as the norm.)

At 8:16 PM -0300 4/23/07, Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal wrote:

It's a cultural question. Gays are oftem related to the lack

of aggressiveness.

Haven't you ever heard the jokes about the sexuality of

vegetarians?

Anyway, I have some gay friends who are more opened to

vegetarianism than the straight ones, and my best gay friend had also

been vegetarian for a while, due to my influence. Gay men undergo

a similar prejudice to vegans. Gays and vegans are often so sensitive

that ppl link them.

Guest guest

Hi Silas

There are lots of heterosexual men who are not aggressive. None of

the homosexuals I know are vegan - only one is vegetarian, and that

is for religious reasons, not for compassion. One of my homosexual

colleagues at work is one of the most adamant people I know for

saying he could never give up meat, and he doesn't care about the

animals. He even goes to the bull runs in Spain!

I think generalisation about a group of people, i.e. heterosexual men

being less sensitive, is not a good thing, and is divisive in itself.

It is a shame you feel there is prejudice against homosexuals, and

similarly a shame that there seems to be counter-prejudice against

heterosexuals.

It is quite normal to worry about finding a suitable partner, and I

certainly hope that you do. If you confine your search to vegans

though, you may not be lucky. Are you totally against a relationship

with a non-vegan?

Your English is brilliant, by the way. I can't speak any language

other than English, with a few words of German.

Jo

, Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal

<cordeiropascoal wrote:

>

> It's a cultural question. Gays are oftem related to the lack of

aggressiveness.

> Haven't you ever heard the jokes about the sexuality of

vegetarians?

>

> Anyway, I have some gay friends who are more opened to

vegetarianism than the straight ones, and my best gay friend had also

been vegetarian for a while, due to my influence. Gay men undergo a

similar prejudice to vegans. Gays and vegans are often so sensitive

that ppl link them.

>

> I am gay and vegan at the same time. I think my gayness helped me

to decide for the animals... Anyway, I'm not saying that there's a

very link between homosexuality and veganism, ok? I'm just depicting

these questions as they're seen by most arround me.

>

> I'm just 16, but I worry about my future. Will I found a parnter

who will support my vegan lifestyle or even be tolerant? I'm looking

for a monogamous and lifelong relationship with a nice guy.

>

> (Sorry for my poor english!)

>

> Silas, 16, Victoria, Brazil.

> Brazilian Vegetarian Society coordinator for the Espirito Santo

estate www.svb.org.br

> Animal Rights activist in www.amaes.org.br

> Vegan (photo + profile)

http://www.guiavegano.com.br/galeria/displayimage.php?pos=-5230

> Translator and member of the International Vegetarian Union

www.ivu.org

> Volunteer for the Vegan Society - UK www.vegansociety.com

> Add me (MSN messenger): silasco

>

>

>

> heartwerk <jo.heartwork escreveu:

>

> Hi Silas

>

> Why do you think that?

>

> Jo

>

> , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal

> wrote:

> >

> > I'm gay and vegan!

> >

> > I think it's easier to make gays veggie than straight men.

> >

> > Silas, 16 - Victoria, Brazil.

> >

> > peter VV escreveu:

> > UK animal rights group Viva! is urging the gay community to

> give peas a chance and save animals from suffering by going veggie.

> > A new ad shows a sexy lad cuddling a lamb with the

> words, " Because being a man means more than having meat and two

> veg. " It promotes Viva!'s second Incredible Veggie Show -- the

> biggest vegetarian event in Europe -- in London on June 30. One in

> five of Viva!'s staff is gay and the group has great support in the

> lesbian community, with women making up 80 per cent of the

> membership. Viva is now targeting gay men with the somewhat

ambitious

> claim that going veggie can make a man more attractive and improve

> his sex life. Meat and the fat it contains can clog the arteries,

> says Viva!, which makes lovemaking harder because things are

softer,

> can produce stinky breath, make you obese and cause your hair to

fall

> out prematurely. While the above may be true, it will be hard to

> convince the chicken breast-chomping muscle-Mary contingent.

Perhaps

> the next question the veggies need to address is, 'Can you be a

buff

> hunk on nothing but pulses and vegetable?' A report by the

> > U.S. National Institutes of Health confirmed that vegetarians

> actually smell better than meat-eaters. But the good news is,

> carnivores who cut out meat can improve their odor, clear their

> arteries, cut their risk of heart disease and a string of other

> illnesses, keep their hair sprouting and soon start feeling

> themselves again. Justin Kerswell, Viva!'s campaigns manager, is

> getting hitched to his long-term partner, Stuart, in August. After

> the civil ceremony, there will a fun Mexican theme party where all

> the food will be decadent vegan. " I've been vegan for the last

> three years and before that I was vegetarian for 20 years, "

Kerswell

> said. " The only meat in my life now has got a pulse! Got to say,

I've

> never felt better -- and at 37 I'm glad to report I'm still the

same

> weight I was at 18. " I suffered discrimination as a gay man when I

> was younger and so developed an interest in gay rights. At the same

> time, I began to learn about the appalling treatment of today's

> > farmed animals. I was shocked to find that in the UK we kill and

> eat around a billion animals every year. I didn't want to be a part

> of that and felt that injustice was unacceptable whoever or

whatever

> was the target. So come on GLB & T people, join up the dots and ditch

> the meat -- Viva! is here to help. " Jane Easton, cookery co-

> ordinator at Viva!, is also getting hitched this year -- to Mary,

her

> partner of 22 years. The food will be vegan, of course, but not

> cooked by her this time -- she's having a rest! " I was veggie for

> over 15 years and have been vegan for six years, " Easton said. " My

> initial reasons for changing my diet were about feeding the world --

> vegetarianism was so much more efficient than wasteful meat

> production. " Like many gays and lesbians I saw the links between

> oppression of animals and people and thought there's enough cruelty

> and violence in the world without me adding to it. Compassion

> obviously pays as I've never felt better or eaten better.

> > I'm 52 but don't feel it and, if I can believe my mates, I don't

> look it. " (Stewart Who?, Gay.com U.K.)

> >

> >

> >

> > Peter H

> >

> >

> >

> > Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the

> answer. Try it now.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o

> discador agora!

> >

>

>

>

>

>

> Você quer respostas para suas perguntas? Ou você sabe muito e quer

compartilhar seu conhecimento? Experimente o Respostas!

>

Guest guest

Hi Silas

Why's that? What do you think is different about being gay to being straight (other than the obvious sexual preferences)? Or why do you think that your sexual preferences would impact on your dietary choices?

BB

Peter

-

Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal

Sunday, April 22, 2007 12:53 AM

Re: Gay men urged to go vegetarian

I'm gay and vegan!

I think it's easier to make gays veggie than straight men.

Silas, 16 - Victoria, Brazil.peter VV <swpgh01 escreveu:

UK animal rights group Viva! is urging the gay community to give peas a chance and save animals from suffering by going veggie.

A new ad shows a sexy lad cuddling a lamb with the words, "Because being a man means more than having meat and two veg." It promotes Viva!'s second Incredible Veggie Show -- the biggest vegetarian event in Europe -- in London on June 30. One in five of Viva!'s staff is gay and the group has great support in the lesbian community, with women making up 80 per cent of the membership. Viva is now targeting gay men with the somewhat ambitious claim that going veggie can make a man more attractive and improve his sex life. Meat and the fat it contains can clog the arteries, says Viva!, which makes lovemaking harder because things are softer, can produce stinky breath, make you obese and cause your hair to fall out prematurely. While the above may be true, it will be hard to convince the chicken breast-chomping muscle-Mary contingent. Perhaps the next question the veggies need to address is, 'Can you be a buff hunk on nothing but pulses and vegetable?' A report by the U.S. National Institutes of Health confirmed that vegetarians actually smell better than meat-eaters. But the good news is, carnivores who cut out meat can improve their odor, clear their arteries, cut their risk of heart disease and a string of other illnesses, keep their hair sprouting and soon start feeling themselves again. Justin Kerswell, Viva!'s campaigns manager, is getting hitched to his long-term partner, Stuart, in August. After the civil ceremony, there will a fun Mexican theme party where all the food will be decadent vegan. "I've been vegan for the last three years and before that I was vegetarian for 20 years," Kerswell said. "The only meat in my life now has got a pulse! Got to say, I've never felt better -- and at 37 I'm glad to report I'm still the same weight I was at 18. "I suffered discrimination as a gay man when I was younger and so developed an interest in gay rights. At the same time, I began to learn about the appalling treatment of today's farmed animals. I was shocked to find that in the UK we kill and eat around a billion animals every year. I didn't want to be a part of that and felt that injustice was unacceptable whoever or whatever was the target. So come on GLB & T people, join up the dots and ditch the meat -- Viva! is here to help." Jane Easton, cookery co-ordinator at Viva!, is also getting hitched this year -- to Mary, her partner of 22 years. The food will be vegan, of course, but not cooked by her this time -- she's having a rest! "I was veggie for over 15 years and have been vegan for six years," Easton said. "My initial reasons for changing my diet were about feeding the world -- vegetarianism was so much more efficient than wasteful meat production. "Like many gays and lesbians I saw the links between oppression of animals and people and thought there's enough cruelty and violence in the world without me adding to it. Compassion obviously pays as I've never felt better or eaten better. I'm 52 but don't feel it and, if I can believe my mates, I don't look it." (Stewart Who?, Gay.com U.K.)

Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Silas

>It's a cultural question. Gays are oftem related to the lack of aggressiveness.

Which is really cultural stereotyping and has little to do with reality! Some gays are aggressive, some aren't. Same for straight people.

>Anyway, I have some gay friends who are more opened to vegetarianism than the straight ones, and my best gay friend had also been vegetarian for a while, due

> to my influence.

I have many gay friends - some of them are vegetarian, some of them are indifferent, and some of them believe that vegetarianism is the most evil thing in the world - I'd say the spread of views amongst my gay friends is pretty much equal to the spread amongst my straight and bi friends.

>Gay men undergo a similar prejudice to vegans. Gays and vegans are often so sensitive that ppl link them.

While I believe this is true, I have found that if you suggest this to most non-vegetarian gays, they take a great deal of offence at the suggestion!!

>I'm just 16, but I worry about my future. Will I found a parnter who will support my vegan lifestyle or even be tolerant? I'm looking for a monogamous and lifelong

>relationship with a nice guy.

I hope you find it. :-)

>(Sorry for my poor english!)

Please don't feel the need to apologise - it's way better than my Portuguese (or any other language than English!) - I always admire anyone who can make themselves understood in a language other than their native one!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Yarrow

>I agree that if you're outside mainstream culture in one way, you're more likely to step outside mainstream culture in other ways, too. In other words, if you have

> an open mind about any one taken-for-granted aspect of life, it's more likely that you'll have an open mind in other areas as well.

Now that does make sense!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Silas, Nice reply, and your english is as good as mine, so please dont apologise! I agree about steriotyping being wrong, and minorities will always be picked on by someone or another who is insecure, sad to say its human nature. I am married to a non vegan, some people can, and some people cant. I like to think that I am open minded, but it is a two way street. She puts up with my "fusy" diet, and I let her get on with organising her diet. As long as my kids dont get meat forced on them we are happy together. The Valley Vegan.................Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal <cordeiropascoal wrote: It's a cultural question. Gays are oftem related to the lack of aggressiveness. Haven't you ever heard the jokes about the sexuality of vegetarians? Anyway, I have some gay friends who are more opened to vegetarianism than the straight ones, and my best gay friend had also been vegetarian for a while, due to my influence. Gay men undergo a similar prejudice to vegans. Gays and vegans are often so sensitive that ppl link them. I am gay and vegan at the same time. I think my gayness helped me to decide for the animals... Anyway, I'm not saying that there's a very link between homosexuality and veganism, ok? I'm just depicting these questions as they're seen by most arround me. I'm just 16, but I worry about my future. Will I found a parnter who will support my vegan lifestyle or even be tolerant? I'm looking for a monogamous and lifelong relationship with a nice guy. (Sorry for my poor english!) Silas, 16, Victoria, Brazil. Brazilian Vegetarian Society coordinator for the Espirito Santo estate www.svb.org.br Animal Rights activist in www.amaes.org.br

Vegan (photo + profile) http://www.guiavegano.com.br/galeria/displayimage.php?pos=-5230 Translator and member of the International Vegetarian Union www.ivu.org Volunteer for the Vegan Society - UK www.vegansociety.com

Add me (MSN messenger): silasco (AT) hotmail (DOT) com heartwerk <jo.heartwork > escreveu: Hi SilasWhy do you think that?Jo , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal wrote:>> I'm gay and vegan!> > I think it's easier to make gays veggie than straight men.> > Silas, 16 - Victoria, Brazil.> > peter VV escreveu:> UK animal rights group Viva! is urging the gay community to give peas a chance and save animals from suffering by going veggie. > A new ad shows a sexy lad cuddling a

lamb with the words, "Because being a man means more than having meat and two veg." It promotes Viva!'s second Incredible Veggie Show -- the biggest vegetarian event in Europe -- in London on June 30. One in five of Viva!'s staff is gay and the group has great support in the lesbian community, with women making up 80 per cent of the membership. Viva is now targeting gay men with the somewhat ambitious claim that going veggie can make a man more attractive and improve his sex life. Meat and the fat it contains can clog the arteries, says Viva!, which makes lovemaking harder because things are softer, can produce stinky breath, make you obese and cause your hair to fall out prematurely. While the above may be true, it will be hard to convince the chicken breast-chomping muscle-Mary contingent. Perhaps the next question the veggies need to address is, 'Can you be a buff hunk on nothing but pulses and vegetable?' A report

by the> U.S. National Institutes of Health confirmed that vegetarians actually smell better than meat-eaters. But the good news is, carnivores who cut out meat can improve their odor, clear their arteries, cut their risk of heart disease and a string of other illnesses, keep their hair sprouting and soon start feeling themselves again. Justin Kerswell, Viva!'s campaigns manager, is getting hitched to his long-term partner, Stuart, in August. After the civil ceremony, there will a fun Mexican theme party where all the food will be decadent vegan. "I've been vegan for the last three years and before that I was vegetarian for 20 years," Kerswell said. "The only meat in my life now has got a pulse! Got to say, I've never felt better -- and at 37 I'm glad to report I'm still the same weight I was at 18. "I suffered discrimination as a gay man when I was younger and so developed an interest in gay rights. At the same

time, I began to learn about the appalling treatment of today's> farmed animals. I was shocked to find that in the UK we kill and eat around a billion animals every year. I didn't want to be a part of that and felt that injustice was unacceptable whoever or whatever was the target. So come on GLB & T people, join up the dots and ditch the meat -- Viva! is here to help." Jane Easton, cookery co-ordinator at Viva!, is also getting hitched this year -- to Mary, her partner of 22 years. The food will be vegan, of course, but not cooked by her this time -- she's having a rest! "I was veggie for over 15 years and have been vegan for six years," Easton said. "My initial reasons for changing my diet were about feeding the world -- vegetarianism was so much more efficient than wasteful meat production. "Like many gays and lesbians I saw the links between oppression of animals and people and thought there's enough cruelty

and violence in the world without me adding to it. Compassion obviously pays as I've never felt better or eaten better. > I'm 52 but don't feel it and, if I can believe my mates, I don't look it." (Stewart Who?, Gay.com U.K.) > > > > Peter H > > > > Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it now. > > > > > Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora!> Você quer respostas para suas perguntas? Ou você sabe muito e quer compartilhar seu conhecimento? Experimente o Respostas! Peter H

Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free

account today.

Guest guest

I was clear in saying that I was not mentioning my own opinion, ok? I was just describing the heterosexist world that's arround us. To be true the few nonstraight vegetarians I know scarcely care about animal welfare. I'm looking for someone who has no prejudice against vegans for dating. It doesn't matter if he is a meateater or not. German is a nice language for Ensligh-speaking people. Keep studing, languages are the best thing for expanding your horizon! Silas, 16, Victoria, Brazil. Brazilian Vegetarian Society coordinator for the Espirito Santo estate www.svb.org.br Animal Rights activist in www.amaes.org.br Vegan (photo + profile) http://www.guiavegano.com.br/galeria/displayimage.php?pos=-5230 Translator and member of the International Vegetarian Union www.ivu.org Volunteer for the Vegan Society - UK www.vegansociety.com Add me (MSN messenger): silasco heartwerk <jo.heartwork escreveu: Hi SilasThere are lots of heterosexual men who are not aggressive. None of the homosexuals I know are vegan - only one is vegetarian, and that is for religious reasons, not for compassion. One of my homosexual colleagues at work is one of the most adamant people I know for saying he could never give up meat, and he doesn't care about the animals. He even goes to the bull runs in Spain!I think generalisation about a group of people, i.e. heterosexual men being less sensitive, is not a good thing, and is divisive in itself. It is a shame you feel there is prejudice against homosexuals, and similarly a shame that there seems to be counter-prejudice against heterosexuals.It is quite normal to worry about finding a suitable partner, and I certainly hope that you do. If you confine your search to vegans though,

you may not be lucky. Are you totally against a relationship with a non-vegan?Your English is brilliant, by the way. I can't speak any language other than English, with a few words of German.Jo , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal wrote:>> It's a cultural question. Gays are often related to the lack of aggressiveness.> Haven't you ever heard the jokes about the sexuality of vegetarians?> > Anyway, I have some gay friends who are more opened to vegetarianism than the straight ones, and my best gay friend had also been vegetarian for a while, due to my influence. Gay men undergo a similar prejudice to vegans. Gays and vegans are often so sensitive that ppl link them.> > I am gay and vegan at the same time. I think my gayness helped me to decide for the animals... Anyway, I'm not saying that there's a very link

between homosexuality and veganism, ok? I'm just depicting these questions as they're seen by most arround me.> > I'm just 16, but I worry about my future. Will I found a parnter who will support my vegan lifestyle or even be tolerant? I'm looking for a monogamous and lifelong relationship with a nice guy.> > (Sorry for my poor english!)> > Silas, 16, Victoria, Brazil.> Brazilian Vegetarian Society coordinator for the Espirito Santo estate www.svb.org.br> Animal Rights activist in www.amaes.org.br> Vegan (photo + profile) http://www.guiavegano.com.br/galeria/displayimage.php?pos=-5230> Translator and member of the International Vegetarian Union www.ivu.org> Volunteer for the Vegan Society - UK www.vegansociety.com > Add me (MSN messenger): silasco > > > > heartwerk escreveu:> > Hi Silas> >

Why do you think that?> > Jo> > , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal > wrote:> >> > I'm gay and vegan!> > > > I think it's easier to make gays veggie than straight men.> > > > Silas, 16 - Victoria, Brazil.> > > > peter VV escreveu:> > UK animal rights group Viva! is urging the gay community to > give peas a chance and save animals from suffering by going veggie. > > A new ad shows a sexy lad cuddling a lamb with the > words, "Because being a man means more than having meat and two > veg." It promotes Viva!'s second Incredible Veggie Show -- the > biggest vegetarian event in Europe -- in London on June 30. One in > five of Viva!'s staff is gay and the group has great support in the > lesbian community, with women making up 80 per cent of the > membership. Viva is now

targeting gay men with the somewhat ambitious > claim that going veggie can make a man more attractive and improve > his sex life. Meat and the fat it contains can clog the arteries, > says Viva!, which makes lovemaking harder because things are softer, > can produce stinky breath, make you obese and cause your hair to fall > out prematurely. While the above may be true, it will be hard to > convince the chicken breast-chomping muscle-Mary contingent. Perhaps > the next question the veggies need to address is, 'Can you be a buff > hunk on nothing but pulses and vegetable?' A report by the> > U.S. National Institutes of Health confirmed that vegetarians > actually smell better than meat-eaters. But the good news is, > carnivores who cut out meat can improve their odor, clear their > arteries, cut their risk of heart disease and a string of other > illnesses,

keep their hair sprouting and soon start feeling > themselves again. Justin Kerswell, Viva!'s campaigns manager, is > getting hitched to his long-term partner, Stuart, in August. After > the civil ceremony, there will a fun Mexican theme party where all > the food will be decadent vegan. "I've been vegan for the last > three years and before that I was vegetarian for 20 years," Kerswell > said. "The only meat in my life now has got a pulse! Got to say, I've > never felt better -- and at 37 I'm glad to report I'm still the same > weight I was at 18. "I suffered discrimination as a gay man when I > was younger and so developed an interest in gay rights. At the same > time, I began to learn about the appalling treatment of today's> > farmed animals. I was shocked to find that in the UK we kill and > eat around a billion animals every year. I didn't want to be a part > of

that and felt that injustice was unacceptable whoever or whatever > was the target. So come on GLB & T people, join up the dots and ditch > the meat -- Viva! is here to help." Jane Easton, cookery co-> ordinator at Viva!, is also getting hitched this year -- to Mary, her > partner of 22 years. The food will be vegan, of course, but not > cooked by her this time -- she's having a rest! "I was veggie for > over 15 years and have been vegan for six years," Easton said. "My > initial reasons for changing my diet were about feeding the world --> vegetarianism was so much more efficient than wasteful meat > production. "Like many gays and lesbians I saw the links between > oppression of animals and people and thought there's enough cruelty > and violence in the world without me adding to it. Compassion > obviously pays as I've never felt better or eaten better. > > I'm 52

but don't feel it and, if I can believe my mates, I don't > look it." (Stewart Who?, Gay.com U.K.) > > > > > > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the > answer. Try it now. > > > > > > > > > > Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o > discador agora!> >> > > > > > Você quer respostas para suas perguntas? Ou você sabe muito e quer compartilhar seu conhecimento? Experimente o Respostas!>To send an email to -

Guest guest

I think the differences between gay and straight are created by the prejudice we have. Answers in other emails. One's sexual preferences won't necessarily impact on any choice, ok? Silasmetalscarab <metalscarab escreveu: Hi Silas Why's that? What do you think is different about being gay to being straight (other than the obvious sexual preferences)? Or why do you think that your sexual preferences would impact on your dietary choices? BB Peter - Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal Sunday, April 22, 2007 12:53 AM Re: Gay men urged to go vegetarian I'm gay and vegan! I think it's easier to make gays veggie than straight men. Silas, 16 -

Victoria, Brazil.peter VV <swpgh01 escreveu: UK animal rights group Viva! is urging the gay community to give peas a chance and save animals from suffering by going veggie. A new ad shows a sexy lad cuddling a lamb with the words, "Because being a man means more than having meat and two veg." It promotes Viva!'s second Incredible Veggie Show -- the biggest vegetarian event in Europe -- in London on June 30. One in five of Viva!'s staff is gay and the group has great support in the lesbian community, with women making up 80 per cent of the membership. Viva is now targeting gay men with the somewhat ambitious claim that going veggie can make a man more attractive and improve his sex life. Meat and the fat it contains can clog the arteries, says

Viva!, which makes lovemaking harder because things are softer, can produce stinky breath, make you obese and cause your hair to fall out prematurely. While the above may be true, it will be hard to convince the chicken breast-chomping muscle-Mary contingent. Perhaps the next question the veggies need to address is, 'Can you be a buff hunk on nothing but pulses and vegetable?' A report by the U.S. National Institutes of Health confirmed that vegetarians actually smell better than meat-eaters. But the good news is, carnivores who cut out meat can improve their odor, clear their arteries, cut their risk of heart disease and a string of other illnesses, keep their hair sprouting and soon start feeling themselves again. Justin Kerswell, Viva!'s campaigns manager, is getting hitched to his long-term partner, Stuart, in August. After the civil ceremony, there will a fun Mexican theme party where all the food will be decadent vegan. "I've been vegan

for the last three years and before that I was vegetarian for 20 years," Kerswell said. "The only meat in my life now has got a pulse! Got to say, I've never felt better -- and at 37 I'm glad to report I'm still the same weight I was at 18. "I suffered discrimination as a gay man when I was younger and so developed an interest in gay rights. At the same time, I began to learn about the appalling treatment of today's farmed animals. I was shocked to find that in the UK we kill and eat around a billion animals every year. I didn't want to be a part of that and felt that injustice was unacceptable whoever or whatever was the target. So come on GLB & T people, join up the dots and ditch the meat -- Viva! is here to help." Jane Easton, cookery co-ordinator at Viva!, is also getting hitched this year -- to Mary, her partner of 22 years. The food will be vegan, of course, but not cooked by her this time -- she's having a rest! "I was veggie for over 15

years and have been vegan for six years," Easton said. "My initial reasons for changing my diet were about feeding the world -- vegetarianism was so much more efficient than wasteful meat production. "Like many gays and lesbians I saw the links between oppression of animals and people and thought there's enough cruelty and violence in the world without me adding to it. Compassion obviously pays as I've never felt better or eaten better. I'm 52 but don't feel it and, if I can believe my mates, I don't look it." (Stewart Who?, Gay.com U.K.) Peter H Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it now. Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora!

Guest guest

metalscarab <metalscarab escreveu: Hi Silas >It's a cultural question. Gays are oftem related to the lack of aggressiveness. Which is really cultural stereotyping and has little to do with reality! Some gays are aggressive, some aren't. Same for straight people. People with similar features must not be seen as if there was a label on them, ok? In other words: no generalisation, as Jo has said. >Anyway, I have some gay friends who are more opened to vegetarianism than the straight ones, and my best gay friend had also been vegetarian for a while, due > to my influence. I have many gay friends - some of them are vegetarian, some of them are indifferent, and some of them believe that vegetarianism is the most evil thing in the world - I'd say the spread of views amongst my gay friends is pretty much equal to the spread amongst my straight and bi friends. >Gay men undergo a similar prejudice to vegans. Gays and vegans are often so sensitive that ppl link them. While I believe this is true, I have found that if you suggest this to most non-vegetarian gays, they take a

great deal of offence at the suggestion!! certainly! >I'm just 16, but I worry about my future. Will I found a parnter who will support my vegan lifestyle or even be tolerant? I'm looking for a monogamous and lifelong >relationship with a nice guy. I hope you find it. :-) many thanks >(Sorry for my poor english!) Please don't feel the need

to apologise - it's way better than my Portuguese (or any other language than English!) - I always admire anyone who can make themselves understood in a language other than their native one! And I do admire anyone who supports language students by helping them with their new languages (through e-mails, phone calls, etc) Silas, 16, Victoria, Brazil. Brazilian Vegetarian Society coordinator for the Espirito Santo estate

www.svb.org.br Animal Rights activist in www.amaes.org.br Vegan (photo + profile) http://www.guiavegano.com.br/galeria/displayimage.php?pos=-5230 Translator and member of the

International Vegetarian Union www.ivu.org Volunteer for the Vegan Society - UK www.vegansociety.com Add me (MSN messenger): silasco

Novidade no Mail: receba alertas de novas mensagens no seu celular. Registre seu aparelho agora!

Guest guest

hi silas,

you're so young! you have a lot of time to find the right

person in your life.

I think that if you hang around certain crowds, eventually

you will find a match for you.

you are active in the things that you believe in.

In Time,

there will be people around you who share the same values and vision as

you, who are also gay.

I went to an art college, full of artists of all kinds,

we had a visual arts department, a music department and a

dance department.

Perhaps this is another steriotype, but there were a lot of

vegetarians in my school. I felt at home, we had a PETA office

in our school and we were activists.

I met my husband there, and If they were not vegetarian, they

were at least open to the idea.

You are in the right environment to meet someone with your same

values and it is just a matter of time!

-anouk

, Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal

<cordeiropascoal wrote:

>

> I was clear in saying that I was not mentioning my own opinion, ok?

I was just describing the heterosexist world that's arround us.

>

> To be true the few nonstraight vegetarians I know scarcely care

about animal welfare.

>

> I'm looking for someone who has no prejudice against vegans for

dating. It doesn't matter if he is a meateater or not.

Guest guest

I think sometimes,

alternative people, do alternative things, capiche?

maybe because they can identify with being oppressed,

and do not identify with the mainstream.

one example I can think of is the when no one wanted to

live in Harlem, NY because of the reputation of bad crime.

Gay people where the first " whites " to move in.

There is no possible way of knowing, since there are no

actual statistics or percentages of

all of the number of gay people who are also vegan.

-anouk

, Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal

<cordeiropascoal wrote:

>

> I think the differences between gay and straight are created by the

prejudice we have.

>

> Answers in other emails.

>

> One's sexual preferences won't necessarily impact on any choice, ok?

>

> Silas

>

> metalscarab <metalscarab escreveu:

> Hi Silas

>

> Why's that? What do you think is different about being gay to

being straight (other than the obvious sexual preferences)? Or why do

you think that your sexual preferences would impact on your dietary

choices?

>

Guest guest

hi silas,

your english is great!

if you " talk " with us, it will improve

because here (veganchat) there are both british and american styles

of speaking. have you ever visited an english speaking country?

English was not my first language either.

I have two little boys,

8 years old and 4 years old.

I spoke to them spanish first.

For the last two years I have been speaking french to them.

They understand me, but answer back in spanish or english.

for instance, I say complex commands, sit on the green chair or brown

or wash your hands please,

and they follow it. That's how I know that they comprehend french.

my eight year old is teaching older students how to read in spanish

as a tutor in his school!

The four year old named, Ansel, his first ever language was not

spoken at all.

I was really into sign language when he was born and that is how

he communicated to me as a baby.

he still remembers some signs and does them when he doesn't feel

like talking.

-anouk

, Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal

<cordeiropascoal wrote:

And I do admire anyone who supports language students by helping

them with their new languages (through e-mails, phone calls, etc)

>

>

>

Guest guest

thank you very much / muchas gracias! I hope live will be better for gays someday. Also better for animals. I don't think I'm so young. Tday I'm 16, tomorrow I'll be 30. Time runs faster than we can imagine. Anyway, I'm always concerned about things my classmates aren't. Some say it's like being mature before being an adult. A partnership is not necessarily a thing for the furute, I think. Why couldn't I start looking for the right guy right now? I'm really afraid of wasting time and losing oportunities. Silas flower child <zurumato escreveu: hi silas, you're so young! you have a lot of time to find the right person in your life. I think that if you hang around certain crowds,

eventuallyyou will find a match for you. you are active in the things that you believe in. In Time,there will be people around you who share the same values and vision as you, who are also gay. I went to an art college, full of artists of all kinds, we had a visual arts department, a music department and adance department. Perhaps this is another steriotype, but there were a lot of vegetarians in my school. I felt at home, we had a PETA officein our school and we were activists. I met my husband there, and If they were not vegetarian, they were at least open to the idea. You are in the right environment to meet someone with your same values and it is just a matter of time!-anouk , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoalwrote:>> I was clear in saying that I was not mentioning my own opinion, ok?I was just describing

the heterosexist world that's arround us.> > To be true the few nonstraight vegetarians I know scarcely careabout animal welfare.> > I'm looking for someone who has no prejudice against vegans fordating. It doesn't matter if he is a meateater or not.To send an email to -

Guest guest

I'm sure that if I wasn't gay I woudn't be vegan. Maybe I'm wrong. Silasflower child <zurumato escreveu: I think sometimes, alternative people, do alternative things, capiche?maybe because they can identify with being oppressed, and do not identify with the mainstream. one example I can think of is the when no one wanted to live in Harlem, NY because of the reputation of bad crime.Gay people where the first "whites" to move in. There is no possible way of knowing, since there are noactual statistics or percentages of all of the number of gay people who are also vegan.-anouk , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoalwrote:>> I think the

differences between gay and straight are created by theprejudice we have.> > Answers in other emails.> > One's sexual preferences won't necessarily impact on any choice, ok?> > Silas> > metalscarab escreveu:> Hi Silas> > Why's that? What do you think is different about being gay tobeing straight (other than the obvious sexual preferences)? Or why doyou think that your sexual preferences would impact on your dietarychoices?> To send an email to -

Guest guest

sometime ago there was a group called VVGG - Vegetarian and Vegan Gay Group, with a forum in V-V-G-G/ Nowadays there's only one forum for gay vegans in Groups: rawGLBTveg/ I'm thinking of creating the forum veg-gay for

Brazilians. I've found many nonstraight ppl in veg-brasil ,the largest brazilian vegetarian forum with 2 000 members. Silas, 16, Victoria, Brazil. Brazilian Vegetarian Society coordinator for the Espirito Santo estate www.svb.org.br Animal Rights activist in

www.amaes.org.br Vegan (photo + profile) http://www.guiavegano.com.br/galeria/displayimage.php?pos=-5230 Translator and member of the International Vegetarian Union www.ivu.org Volunteer for the Vegan Society - UK www.vegansociety.com Add me (MSN messenger): silasco flower child <zurumato escreveu: maybe, my sight is

blurred sorry If I am not making any sense,for years I worked for place that was run by gay people, almosteveryone was, the discrimination situation was reversed, you were more likely to get a promotionif you were gay. I had friends who were actors, makeup artist andcostume designers (The Metropolitan Opera House).I am assuming that if you grow up in San Fran,(has the mostvegetarians restaruants in the Us) after a while you think that everyone is accepting of vegetarianism?I belong to a forum with people from all over the world, in which ipost sometimes, with about 1,500 vegans member, alot are gay and most of them are young, so my vision is blurred. -anouk , "jo" wrote:>> I would have thought that was the case. > > Jo> - > Oom Yaaqub > To:

> Wednesday, April 25, 2007 8:18 AM> Re: Re: Gay men urged to go vegetarian(nonvegan marriage)> > > [[ work for a vegan website as a "counsellor" for new vegans.There's a very common question that I've heard many times: > "can I get married with an meat-eater?"> The new vegans I helped usualy had stroggles about cooking at homeif they live with nonveggie relatives.]]> > I suspect that in many cases, people are already married or in acommitted relationship before getting interested in veganism (ifthat's a word.) Don't most people simply take a gradual approachbefore the rest of the family comes on board?>To send an email to -

Guest guest

...... But as you are gay and have never been anything else, how would

you know how you might feel if you weren't gay?

I'm sure that enjoying vegetable food is not connected to sexual

preference.

Jo

, Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal

<cordeiropascoal wrote:

>

> I'm sure that if I wasn't gay I woudn't be vegan.

>

> Maybe I'm wrong.

>

> Silas

>

> flower child <zurumato escreveu:

> I think sometimes,

> alternative people, do alternative things, capiche?

>

> maybe because they can identify with being oppressed,

> and do not identify with the mainstream.

>

> one example I can think of is the when no one wanted to

> live in Harlem, NY because of the reputation of bad crime.

> Gay people where the first " whites " to move in.

>

> There is no possible way of knowing, since there are no

> actual statistics or percentages of

> all of the number of gay people who are also vegan.

>

> -anouk

>

>

> wrote:

> >

> > I think the differences between gay and straight are created by

the

> prejudice we have.

> >

> > Answers in other emails.

> >

> > One's sexual preferences won't necessarily impact on any choice,

ok?

> >

> > Silas

> >

> > metalscarab escreveu:

> > Hi Silas

> >

> > Why's that? What do you think is different about being gay to

> being straight (other than the obvious sexual preferences)? Or why

do

> you think that your sexual preferences would impact on your dietary

> choices?

> >

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Hi Silas

Be careful. There are a lot of predatory people around. Don't be

too eager to be with someone. It might not feel like it at present,

but you have your whole life ahead of you in which to meet caring

potential partners.

Jo

, Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal

<cordeiropascoal wrote:

>

> thank you very much / muchas gracias!

> I hope live will be better for gays someday. Also better for

animals.

> I don't think I'm so young. Tday I'm 16, tomorrow I'll be 30.

Time runs faster than we can imagine. Anyway, I'm always concerned

about things my classmates aren't. Some say it's like being mature

before being an adult.

>

> A partnership is not necessarily a thing for the furute, I think.

Why couldn't I start looking for the right guy right now? I'm really

afraid of wasting time and losing oportunities.

>

> Silas

>

>

> flower child <zurumato escreveu:

> hi silas,

>

> you're so young! you have a lot of time to find the right

> person in your life.

>

> I think that if you hang around certain crowds, eventually

> you will find a match for you.

> you are active in the things that you believe in.

>

> In Time,

> there will be people around you who share the same values and

vision as

> you, who are also gay.

>

> I went to an art college, full of artists of all kinds,

> we had a visual arts department, a music department and a

> dance department.

>

> Perhaps this is another steriotype, but there were a lot of

> vegetarians in my school. I felt at home, we had a PETA office

> in our school and we were activists.

>

> I met my husband there, and If they were not vegetarian, they

> were at least open to the idea.

>

> You are in the right environment to meet someone with your same

> values and it is just a matter of time!

>

> -anouk

>

>

> wrote:

> >

> > I was clear in saying that I was not mentioning my own opinion,

ok?

> I was just describing the heterosexist world that's arround us.

> >

> > To be true the few nonstraight vegetarians I know scarcely care

> about animal welfare.

> >

> > I'm looking for someone who has no prejudice against vegans for

> dating. It doesn't matter if he is a meateater or not.

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

16 today 30 tomorrow?????? hey hold on enjoy each day as it comes, and live each one like theres no tomorrow, your only young once etc,etc. seriously I only met my wife when I was 30, so dont be in such a hurry eh? The Valley Vegan...............Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal <cordeiropascoal wrote: thank you very much / muchas gracias! I hope live will be better for gays someday. Also better for animals. I don't think I'm so

young. Tday I'm 16, tomorrow I'll be 30. Time runs faster than we can imagine. Anyway, I'm always concerned about things my classmates aren't. Some say it's like being mature before being an adult. A partnership is not necessarily a thing for the furute, I think. Why couldn't I start looking for the right guy right now? I'm really afraid of wasting time and losing oportunities. Silas flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> escreveu: hi silas, you're so young! you have a lot of time to find the right person in your life. I think that if you hang around certain crowds, eventuallyyou will find a match for you. you are active in the things that you believe in. In Time,there will be people around you who share the same values and vision as

you, who are also gay. I went to an art college, full of artists of all kinds, we had a visual arts department, a music department and adance department. Perhaps this is another steriotype, but there were a lot of vegetarians in my school. I felt at home, we had a PETA officein our school and we were activists. I met my husband there, and If they were not vegetarian, they were at least open to the idea. You are in the right environment to meet someone with your same values and it is just a matter of time!-anouk , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoalwrote:>> I was clear in saying that I was not mentioning my own opinion, ok?I was just describing the heterosexist world that's arround us.> > To be true the few nonstraight vegetarians I know scarcely careabout animal welfare.> > I'm looking for someone who

has no prejudice against vegans fordating. It doesn't matter if he is a meateater or not.To send an email to -

Guest guest

I had this question in mind when I wrote. If I wasn't gay I wouldn't be myself. So, I wouldn't be vegan. There's no straight connection between one's sexual and dietary preferences. But you can create this link if you want, can't you? I liked what you wrote: "you...have never been anything else" - that reveals a nice understanding of homosexuality. I agree with you that enjoying vegan food is not necessarily related to sexual preference, but who's outside the mainstream because of his sexual orientation can easily endure the prejudice for other reasons like a strict dietary choice. Silasheartwerk <jo.heartwork escreveu: ..... But as you are gay and have never been anything else, how would you know how you might feel if you weren't

gay?I'm sure that enjoying vegetable food is not connected to sexual preference.Jo , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal wrote:>> I'm sure that if I wasn't gay I woudn't be vegan.> > Maybe I'm wrong. > > Silas> > flower child escreveu:> I think sometimes, > alternative people, do alternative things, capiche?> > maybe because they can identify with being oppressed, > and do not identify with the mainstream. > > one example I can think of is the when no one wanted to > live in Harlem, NY because of the reputation of bad crime.> Gay people where the first "whites" to move in. > > There is no possible way of knowing, since there are no> actual statistics or percentages of > all of the number of gay people who are also vegan.>

> -anouk > > > , Silas Cordeiro-Pascoal> wrote:> >> > I think the differences between gay and straight are created by the> prejudice we have.> > > > Answers in other emails.> > > > One's sexual preferences won't necessarily impact on any choice, ok?> > > > Silas> > > > metalscarab escreveu:> > Hi Silas> > > > Why's that? What do you think is different about being gay to> being straight (other than the obvious sexual preferences)? Or why do> you think that your sexual preferences would impact on your dietary> choices?> > > > > > > To send an email to - >