IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Family of dummies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Actually I was still chuckling over the thought of catching him in a trap and saying, "Now shall we throw you in the trash bin?" Me up all night too. Teenagers come in and out, dogs bark. Then I've gotta get up and cough. I am really getting sick of being sick here. Sharonfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: that was suppose to say "sit down talk" sorry.....my brain hasn't quite warmed up yet that

getting home at 12:30...up at 3 because the dogs were insane... up at 5 to let the cat out up at 5:30 because cat wanted back in up at 6 because dogs wanted out... etc must be telling on me :) Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 5:34 PM Re: Family of dummies But okay, here is the worst thing. My husband believes that if you catch a mouse in a humane mouse trap, you are supposed to throw it, trap and all, in to the trash can. I told him that's worse than a spring trap. Sharonjo <jo.heartwork > wrote: HI Sharon I think most vegans would agree with you about the mouse. Do you have humane traps? Jo - Sharon Murch Monday, November 20, 2006 7:13 PM Re: Family of dummies I know it may be hard to believe, but I don't think there is anything like that going on. Perhaps it is stupidity, maybe just plain denial. Of course, my husband is pretty fed up with me over a mouse thing. Not eating meat is one thing, but we have mice in the house, and we have strong differences of opinion as to how to deal with them. He tells me I need psychiatric help because I want to catch them, take them to the lake, and release them. Sharon jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 9:38:51 AMRe: Family of dummies HI Sharon Surely they must be doing it on purpose. I think you would be justified in getting cross with them. Jo - Sharon Murch @gro ups.com Sunday, November 19, 2006 11:55 PM Family of dummies I have decided I have a family of fools here. Yesterday, because I was sick, my son went grocery shopping for me. I told him to get bread, so guess what he gets? Buttermilk bread. I mean, you don't even have to read the fine print there! Of course, he also got some cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce to make for dinner last night. Now this boy DOES know I'm a vegan, and

he does know what a vegan is. Then my husband came home and brought me some chow mein left over from the dinner he had with his friends. I peeked today. Yep, it had chicken in it. And just now my husband called and left a message with my daughter, telling me not to go out and buy a turkey because he just won one. What is with these people? And what do I do with the dang turkey? Sheesh! Do you ever get the feeling nobody listens to you? Sponsored

LinkDon't quit your job - take classes online and earn your degree in 1 year. Start Today History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms

Guest guest

Me, too! I really want to make some vegan food to take along, but I am so unskilled in culinary arts. I can handle it if I have a kitchen to myself, but taking stuff along, keeping it or getting it warm, and trying to stay out of the way of people who are doing that with a dozen other dishes ... well, it's kind of scary. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: that sounds great, and very thoughtful of you hope you

survive thursday! Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 6:02 PM Re: Family of dummies Good idea, Peter! Thankfully, turkey has been delivered elsewhere, to his brother's house. They are hosting Thanksgiving. I think I am going to have a separate vegan Thanksgiving on Friday. Some of my daughter's friends wanted to come here for the holiday instead of going with their families. One poor boy is being taken to a steak house for the holiday. So I think I will do one on Friday, and show them how to make some vegan food so they can offer to treat their families on Christmas. Sharonpeter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote: You could try something subtle like say, send them a text , just saying "I am a vegan", put up little post its to remind them everywhere. It may seem a triffle childish, but may have more effect, and be a more peacefull solution than knocking their heads together! Just a thought..............and as for the turkey, the obvious reply would be , tell him to stuff it! Good luck........ The Valley Vegan..........Sharon Murch <compassion2grace > wrote: I have decided I have a family of fools here. Yesterday, because I

was sick, my son went grocery shopping for me. I told him to get bread, so guess what he gets? Buttermilk bread. I mean, you don't even have to read the fine print there! Of course, he also got some cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce to make for dinner last night. Now this boy DOES know I'm a vegan, and he does know what a vegan is. Then my husband came home and brought me some chow mein left over from the dinner he had with his friends. I peeked today. Yep, it had chicken in it. And just now my husband called and left a message with my daughter, telling me not

to go out and buy a turkey because he just won one. What is with these people? And what do I do with the dang turkey? Sheesh! Do you ever get the feeling nobody listens to you? Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Sponsored Link$420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month - Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage? Find Out! History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Sponsored Link Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms

Guest guest

hope you don't have a reaction to mold or something...

any problems with mold or mold spores in your abode?

Shhhhh Nov 21, 2006 9:31 AM Re: Family of dummies

Actually I was still chuckling over the thought of catching him in a trap and saying, "Now shall we throw you in the trash bin?"

Me up all night too. Teenagers come in and out, dogs bark. Then I've gotta get up and cough. I am really getting sick of being sick here.

Sharonfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

that was suppose to say "sit down talk"

sorry.....my brain hasn't quite warmed up yet

that getting home at 12:30...up at 3 because the dogs were insane...

up at 5 to let the cat out

up at 5:30 because cat wanted back in

up at 6 because dogs wanted out...

etc

must be telling on me

:)

Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 5:34 PM Re: Family of dummies

But okay, here is the worst thing. My husband believes that if you catch a mouse in a humane mouse trap, you are supposed to throw it, trap and all, in to the trash can. I told him that's worse than a spring trap.

Sharonjo <jo.heartwork > wrote:

HI Sharon

I think most vegans would agree with you about the mouse. Do you have humane traps?

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

Monday, November 20, 2006 7:13 PM

Re: Family of dummies

I know it may be hard to believe, but I don't think there is anything like that going on. Perhaps it is stupidity, maybe just plain denial. Of course, my husband is pretty fed up with me over a mouse thing. Not eating meat is one thing, but we have mice in the house, and we have strong differences of opinion as to how to deal with them. He tells me I need psychiatric help because I want to catch them, take them to the lake, and release them.

Sharon

jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 9:38:51 AMRe: Family of dummies

HI Sharon

Surely they must be doing it on purpose. I think you would be justified in getting cross with them.

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

Sunday, November 19, 2006 11:55 PM

Family of dummies

I have decided I have a family of fools here. Yesterday, because I was sick, my son went grocery shopping for me. I told him to get bread, so guess what he gets? Buttermilk bread. I mean, you don't even have to read the fine print there! Of course, he also got some cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce to make for dinner last night. Now this boy DOES know I'm a vegan, and he does know what a vegan is.

Then my husband came home and brought me some chow mein left over from the dinner he had with his friends. I peeked today. Yep, it had chicken in it.

And just now my husband called and left a message with my daughter, telling me not to go out and buy a turkey because he just won one.

What is with these people?

And what do I do with the dang turkey?

Sheesh!

Do you ever get the feeling nobody listens to you?

Sponsored LinkDon't quit your job - take classes online and earn your degree in 1 year. Start Today History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Sponsored LinkMortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms

History repeats itself

and each time the price gets higher

Guest guest

well..you should bring something you cooked ahead of time, just so you are sure you have something to eat

how about bringing a vegan dessert, something for everyone to share???

then it (generally) will not have to be warm, and you can make it on wednesday

Shhhhh Nov 21, 2006 9:36 AM Re: Family of dummies

Me, too! I really want to make some vegan food to take along, but I am so unskilled in culinary arts. I can handle it if I have a kitchen to myself, but taking stuff along, keeping it or getting it warm, and trying to stay out of the way of people who are doing that with a dozen other dishes ... well, it's kind of scary.

Sharon

History repeats itself

Guest guest

No, I don't think so. I've had a fever and other stuff. My daughter was sick for the better part of a month before she broke out in a rash and the doctor ran some tests and discovered it was mycoplasma, which can be treated with proper meds. So I told me doctor I was exposed to that and asked for proper meds and instead she wants me to get ex-rays and blood tests. Phooey. Y'know they just want my $10 co-pay. I really need to get rid of my computer. It makes time slip by too quickly while getting too little done. Shhharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: hope you don't have a reaction to mold or something... any problems with mold or mold spores in your abode? Shhhhh Nov 21, 2006 9:31 AM Re: Family of dummies Actually I was still chuckling over the thought of catching him in a trap and saying, "Now shall we throw you in the trash bin?" Me up all night too. Teenagers come in and out, dogs bark. Then I've gotta get up and cough. I am really getting sick of being sick here. Sharonfraggle

<EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: that was suppose to say "sit down talk" sorry.....my brain hasn't quite warmed up yet that getting home at 12:30...up at 3 because the dogs were insane... up at 5 to let the cat out up at 5:30 because cat wanted back in up at 6 because dogs wanted out... etc must be telling on me :) Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 5:34 PM Re: Family of dummies But okay, here is the worst thing. My husband believes that if you catch a mouse in a humane mouse trap, you are supposed to throw it, trap and all,

in to the trash can. I told him that's worse than a spring trap. Sharonjo <jo.heartwork > wrote: HI Sharon I think most vegans would agree with you about the mouse. Do you have humane traps? Jo - Sharon Murch Monday, November 20, 2006 7:13 PM Re: Family of dummies I know it may be hard to believe, but I don't think there is anything like that going on. Perhaps it is stupidity, maybe just plain denial. Of course, my husband is pretty fed up with me over a mouse thing. Not eating meat is one thing, but we have mice in the house, and we have strong differences of opinion as to how to deal with them. He tells me I need psychiatric help because I want to catch them, take them to the lake, and release them. Sharon jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 9:38:51 AMRe: Family of dummies HI Sharon Surely they must be doing it on purpose. I think you would be justified in getting cross with them. Jo - Sharon Murch @gro ups.com Sunday, November 19, 2006 11:55 PM Family of dummies I have decided I have a family of fools here. Yesterday, because I was sick, my son went grocery shopping for me. I told him to get bread, so guess

what he gets? Buttermilk bread. I mean, you don't even have to read the fine print there! Of course, he also got some cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce to make for dinner last night. Now this boy DOES know I'm a vegan, and he does know what a vegan is. Then my husband came home and brought me some chow mein left over from the dinner he had with his friends. I peeked today. Yep, it had chicken in it. And just now my husband called and left a message with my daughter, telling me not to go out and buy a turkey because he just won one. What is with these people? And what do I do with the dang turkey? Sheesh! Do you ever get the feeling nobody listens to you? Sponsored LinkDon't quit your job - take classes online and earn your degree in 1 year. Start Today History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Sponsored

LinkMortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Sponsored LinkMortgage rates near 39yr lows. $510,000 Mortgage for $1,698/mo - Calculate new house payment

Guest guest

I really wanted to take vegan mashed potatoes and gravy, with either some tofurkey or seitan. But that is because I looove those things. I need to go shopping, but I have just realized that will be a miserable event, with lots of traffic and no parking. I need some vegan margarine, but even my local health food store is in a shopping center where all these silly people are going to be out starting on their Christmas shopping. Oh if only I could get EVERYTHING on amazon.com. Sharonfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: well..you should bring something you cooked ahead of time, just so you are sure you have something to eat how about bringing a vegan dessert, something for everyone to share??? then it (generally) will not have to be warm, and you can make it on wednesday Shhhhh Nov 21, 2006 9:36 AM Re: Family of dummies Me, too! I really want to make some vegan food to take along, but I am so unskilled in culinary arts. I can handle it if I have a kitchen to myself, but taking stuff along, keeping it or getting it warm, and trying to stay out of the way of people who are doing that

with a dozen other dishes ... well, it's kind of scary. Sharon History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Sponsored LinkGet an Online or Campus degree - Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's -in less than one year.

Guest guest

well..here's to a speedy recovery....

Shhhhh Nov 21, 2006 10:24 AM Re: Family of dummies

No, I don't think so. I've had a fever and other stuff. My daughter was sick for the better part of a month before she broke out in a rash and the doctor ran some tests and discovered it was mycoplasma, which can be treated with proper meds. So I told me doctor I was exposed to that and asked for proper meds and instead she wants me to get ex-rays and blood tests. Phooey. Y'know they just want my $10 co-pay.

I really need to get rid of my computer. It makes time slip by too quickly while getting too little done.

Shhharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

hope you don't have a reaction to mold or something...

any problems with mold or mold spores in your abode?

Shhhhh Nov 21, 2006 9:31 AM Re: Family of dummies

Actually I was still chuckling over the thought of catching him in a trap and saying, "Now shall we throw you in the trash bin?"

Me up all night too. Teenagers come in and out, dogs bark. Then I've gotta get up and cough. I am really getting sick of being sick here.

Sharonfraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote:

etc

must be telling on me

But okay, here is the worst thing. My husband believes that if you catch a mouse in a humane mouse trap, you are supposed to throw it, trap and all, in to the trash can. I told him that's worse than a spring trap.

HI Sharon

I think most vegans would agree with you about the mouse. Do you have humane traps?

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

I know it may be hard to believe, but I don't think there is anything like that going on. Perhaps it is stupidity, maybe just plain denial. Of course, my husband is pretty fed up with me over a mouse thing. Not eating meat is one thing, but we have mice in the house, and we have strong differences of opinion as to how to deal with them. He tells me I need psychiatric help because I want to catch them, take them to the lake, and release them.

Sharon

jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 9:38:51 AMRe: Family of dummies

HI Sharon

Surely they must be doing it on purpose. I think you would be justified in getting cross with them.

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

Family of dummies

I have decided I have a family of fools here. Yesterday, because I was sick, my son went grocery shopping for me. I told him to get bread, so guess what he gets? Buttermilk bread. I mean, you don't even have to read the fine print there! Of course, he also got some cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce to make for dinner last night. Now this boy DOES know I'm a vegan, and he does know what a vegan is.

Then my husband came home and brought me some chow mein left over from the dinner he had with his friends. I peeked today. Yep, it had chicken in it.

And just now my husband called and left a message with my daughter, telling me not to go out and buy a turkey because he just won one.

Sheesh!

Sponsored LinkDon't quit your job - take classes online and earn your degree in 1 year. Start Today History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Sponsored LinkMortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Sponsored LinkMortgage rates near 39yr lows. $510,000 Mortgage for $1,698/mo - Calculate new house payment

History repeats itself

Guest guest

whenever

I have to go to a family event or place

where I know there will be foods with animal products

i always make sure that I am full when I get there.

last time, I ate mash potatoes BEFORE, I went to an event at my

husbands job.

there, I just ate the fruits or whatever I thought was vegan.

and my brain was controlling my choices, not my stomach :)

Guest guest

HI Geraldine

Fieldmice are gorgeous little things, although obviously you don't want them indoors.

Jo

-

Geraldine McCarthy

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 8:26 AM

Hi Sharon,

Some time back in the house that I lived in before this one I had a little mouse visitor - it was a field mouse. Anyway, hubby and I purchased a humane trap and managed to "humanely" trap this little creature. What worked for us (and this little mouse) was PEANUT BUTTER. We put this humane trap alongside the wall and put in some peanut butter. In the morning hubby checked the humane trap and inside was this little mouse. Our little visitor was taken that morning and released some way from the house in a field.

Try the peanut butter Sharon - hopefully it will work for you :)

Geraldine

(UK)

-

Sharon Murch

Monday, November 20, 2006 8:17 PM

lol. Let's just say that my husband (non-Christian that he is) isn't big on empathy or compassion. We got some traps that catch them alive, but no mouse has dared to venture into one. I think it's cause they are dark and scary. PETA sells some nice ones that are see-through and light, which is also nice because then you can see when you've caught a mouse without picking it up and springing the trap.

The mouse sits on the kitchen counter and looks my husband in the eye while he makes his morning coffee. Very brave little mouse. I just don't really want generations of mice to set up housekeeping here.

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 11:47:43 AMRe: Family of dummies

simply as him, "and what is wrong with that? its a life isn't it? the mouse is just doing what it needs to survive"

get one of those lil hav-a-hart traps and just catch and release

maybe you could hint something along the lines about if the tables were reversed, would he rather her solution er his...

Big Giant mouse (in apron) "Sweet teeths, honey? We got humans again."

Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 2:13 PM @gro ups.com Re: Family of dummies

Sharon

jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comMonday, November 20, 2006 9:38:51 AMRe: Family of dummies

HI Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

Family of dummies

Sheesh!

History repeats itself

Guest guest

Hi Sharon

I hope you feel better soon. It's difficult to get your immune system working properly if you are not getting enough sleep - it's a vicious circle.

Jo

-

Shhhhh

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 5:31 PM

Sharonfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

etc

must be telling on me

HI Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

Sharon

HI Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

Family of dummies

Sheesh!

Sponsored LinkMortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms

Guest guest

This reminds me. We have recently started going to a new psychic development group - been about four times so far. They are going to have a Christmas nibbles evening. We don't know them very well yet, and they do not know that we would eat only vegan food. I know I am going to make an effort to discuss food beforehand, but I wish we didn't have to!

Jo

-

Shhhhh

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 5:36 PM

Me, too! I really want to make some vegan food to take along, but I am so unskilled in culinary arts. I can handle it if I have a kitchen to myself, but taking stuff along, keeping it or getting it warm, and trying to stay out of the way of people who are doing that with a dozen other dishes ... well, it's kind of scary.

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

that sounds great, and very thoughtful of you

hope you survive thursday!

Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 6:02 PM Re: Family of dummies

Good idea, Peter! Thankfully, turkey has been delivered elsewhere, to his brother's house. They are hosting Thanksgiving. I think I am going to have a separate vegan Thanksgiving on Friday. Some of my daughter's friends wanted to come here for the holiday instead of going with their families. One poor boy is being taken to a steak house for the holiday. So I think I will do one on Friday, and show them how to make some vegan food so they can offer to treat their families on Christmas.

Sharonpeter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

You could try something subtle like say, send them a text , just saying "I am a vegan", put up little post its to remind them everywhere. It may seem a triffle childish, but may have more effect, and be a more peacefull solution than knocking their heads together!

Just a thought..............and as for the turkey, the obvious reply would be , tell him to stuff it!

Good luck........

The Valley Vegan..........Sharon Murch <compassion2grace > wrote:

Sheesh!

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Sponsored Link$420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month - Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage? Find Out! History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Guest guest

Yes, I thought of that also. It would definitely be easier. But then people look and say, "Oh, vegans can't eat anything." Not that they are likely to be influenced to become vegan by the fact that we do have good food to eat. sigh.flower child <zurumato wrote: whenever I have to go to a family event or place where I know there will be foods with animal productsi always make sure that I am full when I get there.last time, I

ate mash potatoes BEFORE, I went to an event at my husbands job.there, I just ate the fruits or whatever I thought was vegan. and my brain was controlling my choices, not my stomach :)

Sponsored Link

Degrees for employed people - in as fast as 1 year. A.S. / Bachelors / Masters

Guest guest

Jo, can't you just bring vegan food to make sure you have some? I remember going to a benefit luncheon many years ago. I sat at a couple, one was in soap operas I think, and the other was an Olympic athlete. The lunch came, which was a chicken with vegetables tucked underneath. Neither said anything ... they just kind of smiled at each other and picked around at the vegetables. There was something about it that was so striking, though, that I remember it all this time later. In all areas, even religion, the people who have made the greatest impression on me have invariable been those who have spoken by their actions with no words at all. Too bad for me, a blabbermouth. sharonjo <jo.heartwork wrote: This reminds me. We have recently started going to a new psychic development group - been about four times so far. They are going to have a Christmas nibbles evening. We don't know them very well yet, and they do not know that we would eat only vegan food. I know I am going to make an effort to discuss food beforehand, but I wish we didn't have to! Jo - Shhhhh Tuesday, November 21, 2006 5:36 PM Re: Family of dummies Me, too! I really want to make some vegan food to take along, but I am so unskilled in culinary arts. I can handle it if I have a kitchen to myself, but taking stuff along, keeping it or getting it warm, and trying to stay out of the way of people who are doing that with a dozen other dishes ... well, it's kind of scary. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: that sounds great, and very thoughtful of you hope you survive thursday! Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 6:02 PM Re: Family of dummies Good idea, Peter! Thankfully, turkey has been delivered elsewhere, to his brother's house. They are hosting Thanksgiving. I think I am going to have a separate vegan Thanksgiving on Friday. Some of my daughter's friends wanted to come here for the holiday instead of going with their families. One poor boy is being taken to a steak house for the holiday. So I

think I will do one on Friday, and show them how to make some vegan food so they can offer to treat their families on Christmas. Sharonpeter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote: You could try something subtle like say, send them a text , just saying "I am a vegan", put up little post its to remind them everywhere. It may seem a triffle childish, but may have more effect, and be a more peacefull solution than knocking their heads together! Just a thought..............and as for the turkey, the obvious reply would be , tell him to stuff it! Good luck........ The Valley Vegan..........Sharon Murch <compassion2grace > wrote: I have decided I have a family of fools here. Yesterday, because I was sick, my son went grocery shopping for me. I told him to get bread, so guess what he gets? Buttermilk bread. I mean, you don't even have to read the fine print there! Of course, he also got some cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce to make for dinner last night. Now this boy DOES know I'm a vegan, and he does know what a vegan is. Then my husband came home and brought me some chow mein left over from the dinner he had with his friends. I peeked today. Yep, it had

chicken in it. And just now my husband called and left a message with my daughter, telling me not to go out and buy a turkey because he just won one. What is with these people? And what do I do with the dang turkey? Sheesh! Do you ever get the feeling nobody listens to you? Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Sponsored Link$420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month - Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage? Find Out! History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Sponsored LinkMortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms

Sponsored LinkMortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new house payment

Guest guest

Thanks, Jo. Luckily I am off all this week because I work for the schools and we have Thanksgiving break here. So I don't have to get up early in the morning. Still trying to decide ... to ex-ray or not to ex-ray? Y'know when you are sick, you really don't feel like going to the doctor's office. sharonjo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Sharon I hope you feel better soon. It's difficult to get your immune system working properly if you are not getting enough sleep - it's a vicious circle. Jo - Shhhhh Tuesday, November 21, 2006 5:31 PM Re: Family of dummies Actually I was still chuckling over the thought of

catching him in a trap and saying, "Now shall we throw you in the trash bin?" Me up all night too. Teenagers come in and out, dogs bark. Then I've gotta get up and cough. I am really getting sick of being sick here. Sharonfraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: that was suppose to say "sit down talk" sorry.....my brain hasn't quite warmed up yet that getting home at 12:30...up at 3 because the dogs were insane... up at 5 to let the cat out up at 5:30 because cat wanted back in up at 6 because dogs wanted out... etc must be telling on me :) Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 5:34 PM Re: Family of dummies But okay, here is the worst thing. My husband believes that if you catch a mouse in a humane mouse trap, you are supposed to throw it, trap and all, in to the trash can. I told him that's worse than a spring trap. Sharonjo <jo.heartwork > wrote: HI Sharon I think most vegans would agree with you about the mouse. Do you have humane traps? Jo - Sharon Murch Monday, November 20, 2006 7:13 PM Re: Family of dummies I know it may be hard to believe, but I don't think there is anything like that going on. Perhaps it is stupidity, maybe just plain

denial. Of course, my husband is pretty fed up with me over a mouse thing. Not eating meat is one thing, but we have mice in the house, and we have strong differences of opinion as to how to deal with them. He tells me I need psychiatric help because I want to catch them, take them to the lake, and release them. Sharon jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 9:38:51 AMRe: Family of dummies HI Sharon Surely they must be doing it on purpose. I think you would be justified in getting cross with them. Jo - Sharon Murch @gro ups.com Sunday, November 19, 2006 11:55 PM Family of dummies I have decided I have a family of fools here. Yesterday, because I was sick, my son went grocery shopping for me. I told him to get bread, so guess what he gets? Buttermilk bread. I mean, you don't even have to read the fine print there! Of course, he also got some cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce to make for dinner last night. Now this boy DOES know I'm a vegan, and he does know what a vegan is. Then my husband came home and brought me some chow mein left over from the dinner he had with

his friends. I peeked today. Yep, it had chicken in it. And just now my husband called and left a message with my daughter, telling me not to go out and buy a turkey because he just won one. What is with these people? And what do I do with the dang turkey? Sheesh! Do you ever get the feeling nobody listens to you? Sponsored LinkDon't quit your job - take classes online and earn your degree in 1 year. Start Today History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Sponsored LinkMortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail beta.

Guest guest

We could take food - but the hosts are supplying food and have not asked anyone to take food with them. I think it would be best to let them know beforehand what we eat, then it is up to them whether or not they supply it. I'm not really fussed about whether we eat or not. I would just like to give them a chance to supply food we can eat rather than not say anything and have them end up feeling bad about it.

Jo

-

Shhhhh

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 8:44 PM

Jo, can't you just bring vegan food to make sure you have some?

I remember going to a benefit luncheon many years ago. I sat at a couple, one was in soap operas I think, and the other was an Olympic athlete. The lunch came, which was a chicken with vegetables tucked underneath. Neither said anything ... they just kind of smiled at each other and picked around at the vegetables. There was something about it that was so striking, though, that I remember it all this time later.

In all areas, even religion, the people who have made the greatest impression on me have invariable been those who have spoken by their actions with no words at all.

Too bad for me, a blabbermouth.

sharonjo <jo.heartwork wrote:

This reminds me. We have recently started going to a new psychic development group - been about four times so far. They are going to have a Christmas nibbles evening. We don't know them very well yet, and they do not know that we would eat only vegan food. I know I am going to make an effort to discuss food beforehand, but I wish we didn't have to!

Jo

-

Shhhhh

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 5:36 PM

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote:

that sounds great, and very thoughtful of you

hope you survive thursday!

Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 6:02 PM Re: Family of dummies

Good idea, Peter! Thankfully, turkey has been delivered elsewhere, to his brother's house. They are hosting Thanksgiving. I think I am going to have a separate vegan Thanksgiving on Friday. Some of my daughter's friends wanted to come here for the holiday instead of going with their families. One poor boy is being taken to a steak house for the holiday. So I think I will do one on Friday, and show them how to make some vegan food so they can offer to treat their families on Christmas.

Sharonpeter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

You could try something subtle like say, send them a text , just saying "I am a vegan", put up little post its to remind them everywhere. It may seem a triffle childish, but may have more effect, and be a more peacefull solution than knocking their heads together!

Just a thought..............and as for the turkey, the obvious reply would be , tell him to stuff it!

Good luck........

The Valley Vegan..........Sharon Murch <compassion2grace > wrote:

Sheesh!

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Sponsored Link$420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month - Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage? Find Out! History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Sponsored LinkMortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new house payment