IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Family of dummies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have decided I have a family of fools here. Yesterday, because I was sick, my son went grocery shopping for me. I told him to get bread, so guess what he gets? Buttermilk bread. I mean, you don't even have to read the fine print there! Of course, he also got some cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce to make for dinner last night. Now this boy DOES know I'm a vegan, and he does know what a vegan is.

Then my husband came home and brought me some chow mein left over from the dinner he had with his friends. I peeked today. Yep, it had chicken in it.

And just now my husband called and left a message with my daughter, telling me not to go out and buy a turkey because he just won one.

What is with these people?

And what do I do with the dang turkey?

Sheesh!

Do you ever get the feeling nobody listens to you?

Guest guest

guess folks don't often "think" and put things together

most folks, at least in Western culture, have a total disconnect when it comes to food and where it comes from

you mean, food actually grows in the ground? ewwwww..

mayeb you could check out a book called vegan freak..."being vegan in a non-vegan world"....now..i haven't read it myself..just seen it a bunch of times..but..it could be helpful

cheers

fraggle

Sharon Murch Nov 19, 2006 3:55 PM Family of dummies

I have decided I have a family of fools here. Yesterday, because I was sick, my son went grocery shopping for me. I told him to get bread, so guess what he gets? Buttermilk bread. I mean, you don't even have to read the fine print there! Of course, he also got some cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce to make for dinner last night. Now this boy DOES know I'm a vegan, and he does know what a vegan is.

Then my husband came home and brought me some chow mein left over from the dinner he had with his friends. I peeked today. Yep, it had chicken in it.

And just now my husband called and left a message with my daughter, telling me not to go out and buy a turkey because he just won one.

Sheesh!

History repeats itself

and each time the price gets higher

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

>you mean, food actually grows in the ground? ewwwww..

It reminds me of a discussion I had on another (non-vegan) list... the subject of " growing " meat came up... I was quite astonished when the general attitude of the meat eaters was " ewww - that's horrible - it wouldn't be real " . I was a little shocked that people find that more distasteful than killing something to eat!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

HI Sharon

Surely they must be doing it on purpose. I think you would be justified in getting cross with them.

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

Sunday, November 19, 2006 11:55 PM

Family of dummies

Sheesh!

Guest guest

I know it may be hard to believe, but I don't think there is anything like that going on. Perhaps it is stupidity, maybe just plain denial. Of course, my husband is pretty fed up with me over a mouse thing. Not eating meat is one thing, but we have mice in the house, and we have strong differences of opinion as to how to deal with them. He tells me I need psychiatric help because I want to catch them, take them to the lake, and release them.

Sharon

jo <jo.heartwork Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 9:38:51 AMRe: Family of dummies

HI Sharon

Surely they must be doing it on purpose. I think you would be justified in getting cross with them.

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

Family of dummies

Sheesh!

Guest guest

Sounds like you have a job on your hands there getting them to see your point of view. Just remind them that you are not a freak, there are millions of us on this rock flying through space.......... Humane animal traps Most good hardware shops will stock live mouse and rat traps, or will be able to order them from their suppliers. If you have no local stockist, humane traps are also available online. For example, Ernest Charles sells a range of humane traps and deterrents. Some branches of B & Q sell the 'Trip Trap' humane mousetrap (one way trap so you can catch two). CHECK TRAPS REGULARLY - at least every 6 hours, preferably more often, as mice may die in them if not promptly released. Mice Prevent all

access to food, then - once you are sure that they have left - ensure that all entry points are blocked They dislike garlic, elderberry liquid or Crown Imperial (Fritillaria). See also humane traps and ultrasound Hope this info helps....... The Valley Vegan...........Sharon Murch <compassion2grace wrote: I know it may be hard to believe, but I don't think there is anything like that going on. Perhaps it is stupidity, maybe just plain denial. Of course, my husband is pretty fed up with me over a mouse thing. Not eating meat is one thing, but we have mice in the house, and we have strong differences of opinion as to how to deal with them. He tells me I need psychiatric help because I want to catch them, take them to the lake, and release them. Sharon jo

<jo.heartwork > Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 9:38:51 AMRe: Family of dummies HI Sharon Surely they must be doing it on purpose. I think you would be justified in getting cross with them. Jo - Sharon Murch @gro ups.com Sunday, November 19, 2006 11:55 PM Family of dummies I have decided I have a family of fools here. Yesterday, because I was sick, my son went grocery shopping for me. I told him to get bread, so guess what he gets? Buttermilk bread. I mean, you don't even have to read the fine print there! Of course, he also got some cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce to make for dinner last night. Now this boy DOES know I'm a vegan, and he does know what a vegan is. Then my husband came home and brought me some chow mein left over from the dinner he had with his friends. I peeked today. Yep, it had chicken in it. And just now my husband called and left a message with my daughter, telling me not to go out and buy a turkey because he just won one. What is with these people? And what do I do with the dang turkey? Sheesh! Do you ever get the feeling nobody listens to you? Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

simply as him, "and what is wrong with that? its a life isn't it? the mouse is just doing what it needs to survive"

get one of those lil hav-a-hart traps and just catch and release

maybe you could hint something along the lines about if the tables were reversed, would he rather her solution er his...

Big Giant mouse (in apron) "Sweet teeths, honey? We got humans again."

Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 2:13 PM Re: Family of dummies

I know it may be hard to believe, but I don't think there is anything like that going on. Perhaps it is stupidity, maybe just plain denial. Of course, my husband is pretty fed up with me over a mouse thing. Not eating meat is one thing, but we have mice in the house, and we have strong differences of opinion as to how to deal with them. He tells me I need psychiatric help because I want to catch them, take them to the lake, and release them.

Sharon

jo <jo.heartwork Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 9:38:51 AMRe: Family of dummies

HI Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

Family of dummies

Sheesh!

History repeats itself

Guest guest

You could try something subtle like say, send them a text , just saying "I am a vegan", put up little post its to remind them everywhere. It may seem a triffle childish, but may have more effect, and be a more peacefull solution than knocking their heads together! Just a thought..............and as for the turkey, the obvious reply would be , tell him to stuff it! Good luck........ The Valley Vegan..........Sharon Murch <compassion2grace wrote: I have decided I have a family of fools here. Yesterday, because I was sick, my son went grocery shopping for me. I told him to get bread, so guess what he gets? Buttermilk bread. I mean, you don't even have to read the fine print there! Of course, he also got some cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce to make for dinner last night. Now this boy DOES know I'm a vegan, and he does know what a vegan is. Then my husband came home and brought me some chow mein left over from the dinner he had with his friends. I peeked today. Yep, it had chicken in it. And just now my husband called and left a message with my daughter, telling me not to go out and buy a turkey because he just won one. What is with these people? And what do I do with the dang turkey? Sheesh! Do you ever get the feeling nobody listens to you? Peter H

Guest guest

lol. Let's just say that my husband (non-Christian that he is) isn't big on empathy or compassion. We got some traps that catch them alive, but no mouse has dared to venture into one. I think it's cause they are dark and scary. PETA sells some nice ones that are see-through and light, which is also nice because then you can see when you've caught a mouse without picking it up and springing the trap.

The mouse sits on the kitchen counter and looks my husband in the eye while he makes his morning coffee. Very brave little mouse. I just don't really want generations of mice to set up housekeeping here.

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 11:47:43 AMRe: Family of dummies

simply as him, "and what is wrong with that? its a life isn't it? the mouse is just doing what it needs to survive"

maybe you could hint something along the lines about if the tables were reversed, would he rather her solution er his...

Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 2:13 PM @gro ups.com Re: Family of dummies

Sharon

jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comMonday, November 20, 2006 9:38:51 AMRe: Family of dummies

HI Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

Family of dummies

Sheesh!

History repeats itself

Guest guest

hahahahaha

i don't think mousey is afraid of the dark

unless its a very odd mouse...

what are you using for bait?

try peanut butter

Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 3:17 PM Re: Family of dummies

lol. Let's just say that my husband (non-Christian that he is) isn't big on empathy or compassion. We got some traps that catch them alive, but no mouse has dared to venture into one. I think it's cause they are dark and scary. PETA sells some nice ones that are see-through and light, which is also nice because then you can see when you've caught a mouse without picking it up and springing the trap.

The mouse sits on the kitchen counter and looks my husband in the eye while he makes his morning coffee. Very brave little mouse. I just don't really want generations of mice to set up housekeeping here.

Sharon

History repeats itself

Guest guest

Yep, peanut butter is what it is.fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: hahahahaha i don't think mousey is afraid of the dark unless its a very odd mouse... what are you using for bait? try peanut butter Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 3:17 PM Re: Family of dummies

lol. Let's just say that my husband (non-Christian that he is) isn't big on empathy or compassion. We got some traps that catch them alive, but no mouse has dared to venture into one. I think it's cause they are dark and scary. PETA sells some nice ones that are see-through and light, which is also nice because then you can see when you've caught a mouse without picking it up and springing the trap. The mouse sits on the kitchen counter and looks my husband in the eye while he makes his morning coffee. Very brave little mouse. I just don't

really want generations of mice to set up housekeeping here. Sharon History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Sponsored Link$420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month - Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage? Find Out!

Guest guest

try moving the cage then

make sure to place it along a wall near where the lil critter has been seen

if peanut butter isn't working, try some sort of seed or grain....

Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 4:26 PM Re: Family of dummies Yep, peanut butter is what it is.fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

hahahahaha

i don't think mousey is afraid of the dark

unless its a very odd mouse...

what are you using for bait?

try peanut butter

Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 3:17 PM Re: Family of dummies

Sharon History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Sponsored Link$420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month - Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage? Find Out!

History repeats itself

Guest guest

Hi Peter

That just shows a complete lack of compassion - even less than I would have thought.

BBJo

-

Peter Kebbell

Monday, November 20, 2006 5:28 PM

Re: Family of dummies

Hi Fraggle

>you mean, food actually grows in the ground? ewwwww..

It reminds me of a discussion I had on another (non-vegan) list... the subject of "growing" meat came up... I was quite astonished when the general attitude of the meat eaters was "ewww - that's horrible - it wouldn't be real". I was a little shocked that people find that more distasteful than killing something to eat!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

HI Sharon

I think most vegans would agree with you about the mouse. Do you have humane traps?

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

Monday, November 20, 2006 7:13 PM

Sharon

HI Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

Family of dummies

Sheesh!

Guest guest

Hi Sharon

I hope you are not emplying that it is only Christians who are empathic and compassionate. I can't think what other meaning you would have by putting that in brackets in that sentence.

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

Monday, November 20, 2006 8:17 PM

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 11:47:43 AMRe: Family of dummies

Sharon

jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comMonday, November 20, 2006 9:38:51 AMRe: Family of dummies

HI Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

Family of dummies

Sheesh!

History repeats itself

Guest guest

Yes, but I have to get online and order those nice mousetraps from PETA. I think they would be way better. jo <jo.heartwork wrote: HI Sharon I think most vegans would agree with you about the mouse. Do you have humane traps? Jo - Sharon Murch Monday, November 20, 2006 7:13 PM Re: Family of dummies I know it may be hard to believe, but I don't think there is anything like that going on. Perhaps it is stupidity, maybe just plain denial. Of course, my husband is pretty fed up

with me over a mouse thing. Not eating meat is one thing, but we have mice in the house, and we have strong differences of opinion as to how to deal with them. He tells me I need psychiatric help because I want to catch them, take them to the lake, and release them. Sharon jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 9:38:51 AMRe: Family of dummies HI

Sharon Surely they must be doing it on purpose. I think you would be justified in getting cross with them. Jo - Sharon Murch @gro ups.com Sunday, November 19, 2006 11:55 PM

Family of dummies I have decided I have a family of fools here. Yesterday, because I was sick, my son went grocery shopping for me. I told him to get bread, so guess what he gets? Buttermilk bread. I mean, you don't even have to read the fine print there! Of course, he also got some cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce to make for dinner last night. Now this boy DOES know I'm a vegan, and he does know what a vegan is. Then my husband came home and brought me some chow mein left over from the dinner he had with his friends. I peeked today. Yep, it had

chicken in it. And just now my husband called and left a message with my daughter, telling me not to go out and buy a turkey because he just won one. What is with these people? And what do I do with the dang turkey? Sheesh! Do you ever get the feeling nobody listens to you?

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail beta.

Guest guest

But okay, here is the worst thing. My husband believes that if you catch a mouse in a humane mouse trap, you are supposed to throw it, trap and all, in to the trash can. I told him that's worse than a spring trap. Sharonjo <jo.heartwork wrote: HI Sharon I think most vegans would agree with you about the mouse. Do you have humane

traps? Jo - Sharon Murch Monday, November 20, 2006 7:13 PM Re: Family of dummies I know it may be hard to believe, but I don't think there is

anything like that going on. Perhaps it is stupidity, maybe just plain denial. Of course, my husband is pretty fed up with me over a mouse thing. Not eating meat is one thing, but we have mice in the house, and we have strong differences of opinion as to how to deal with them. He tells me I need psychiatric help because I want to catch them, take them to the lake, and release them. Sharon jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 9:38:51

AMRe: Family of dummies HI Sharon Surely they must be doing it on purpose. I think you would be justified in getting cross with them. Jo - Sharon Murch @gro ups.com Sunday, November 19, 2006 11:55 PM Family of dummies I have decided I have a family of fools here. Yesterday, because I was sick, my son went grocery shopping for me. I told him to get bread, so guess what he gets? Buttermilk bread. I mean, you don't even have to read the fine print there! Of course, he also got some cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce to make for dinner last night. Now this boy DOES know I'm a vegan, and he does know what a vegan is. Then my husband came home and

brought me some chow mein left over from the dinner he had with his friends. I peeked today. Yep, it had chicken in it. And just now my husband called and left a message with my daughter, telling me not to go out and buy a turkey because he just won one. What is with these people? And what do I do with the dang turkey? Sheesh! Do you ever get the feeling nobody listens to you?

Sponsored Link Don't quit your job - take classes online and earn your degree in 1 year. Start Today

Guest guest

Actually, I said that because I didn't want you to think he was a Christian, because being not empathetic or compassionate would not be putting forth a very good example of one. Because I've said I am a Christian, I just thought you might figure he is. See how easily things can be completely misinterpreted? Sharonjo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Sharon I hope you are not emplying that it is only Christians who are empathic and compassionate. I can't think what other meaning you would have by putting that in brackets in that sentence. Jo - Sharon Murch Monday, November 20, 2006 8:17 PM Re: Family of dummies lol. Let's just say that my husband (non-Christian that he is) isn't big on empathy or compassion. We got some traps that catch them alive, but no mouse has dared to venture into one. I think it's cause they are dark and scary. PETA sells some nice ones that are see-through and light, which is also nice because then you can see when you've caught a mouse without picking it up and springing the trap. The mouse sits on the kitchen counter and looks my husband in the eye while he makes his morning coffee. Very brave little mouse. I just don't really want generations of mice

to set up housekeeping here. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 11:47:43 AMRe: Family of dummies simply as him, "and what is wrong with that? its a life isn't it? the mouse is just doing what it needs to survive" get one of those lil hav-a-hart traps and just catch and release maybe you could hint something along the lines about if the tables were reversed, would he rather her solution er his... Big Giant mouse (in

apron) "Sweet teeths, honey? We got humans again." Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 2:13 PM @gro ups.com Re: Family of dummies I know it may be hard to believe, but I don't think there is anything like that going on. Perhaps it is stupidity, maybe just plain denial. Of course, my husband is pretty fed up with me over a mouse thing. Not eating meat is one thing, but we have mice in the house, and we have strong differences of opinion as to how to deal with them. He tells me I need psychiatric help because I want to catch them, take them to the lake, and release them. Sharon jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comMonday, November 20, 2006 9:38:51 AMRe: Family of dummies HI Sharon Surely they must be doing it on purpose. I think you would be justified in getting cross with them. Jo - Sharon Murch @gro ups.com Sunday, November 19, 2006 11:55 PM Family of dummies I have decided I have a family of fools here. Yesterday, because I was sick, my son went grocery shopping for me. I told

him to get bread, so guess what he gets? Buttermilk bread. I mean, you don't even have to read the fine print there! Of course, he also got some cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce to make for dinner last night. Now this boy DOES know I'm a vegan, and he does know what a vegan is. Then my husband came home and brought me some chow mein left over from the dinner he had with his friends. I peeked today. Yep, it had chicken in it. And just now my husband called and left a message with my daughter, telling me not to go out and buy a turkey because he just won one. What is with these people? And what do I do with the dang turkey? Sheesh! Do you ever get the feeling nobody listens to you? History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Sponsored LinkDegrees online in as fast as 1 Yr - MBA, Bachelor's, Master's, Associate - Click now to apply

Guest guest

Good idea, Peter! Thankfully, turkey has been delivered elsewhere, to his brother's house. They are hosting Thanksgiving. I think I am going to have a separate vegan Thanksgiving on Friday. Some of my daughter's friends wanted to come here for the holiday instead of going with their families. One poor boy is being taken to a steak house for the holiday. So I think I will do one on Friday, and show them how to make some vegan food so they can offer to treat their families on Christmas. Sharonpeter VV <swpgh01 wrote: You could try something subtle like say, send them a text , just saying "I am a vegan", put up little post its to remind them everywhere. It may seem a triffle childish, but may have more effect, and be a more peacefull solution than knocking their heads together! Just a thought..............and as for the turkey, the obvious reply would be , tell him to stuff it! Good luck........ The Valley Vegan..........Sharon Murch <compassion2grace > wrote: I have decided I have a

family of fools here. Yesterday, because I was sick, my son went grocery shopping for me. I told him to get bread, so guess what he gets? Buttermilk bread. I mean, you don't even have to read the fine print there! Of course, he also got some cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce to make for dinner last night. Now this boy DOES know I'm a vegan, and he does know what a vegan is. Then my husband came home and brought me some chow mein left over from the dinner he had with his friends. I peeked today. Yep, it had chicken in it. And just now my husband called and

left a message with my daughter, telling me not to go out and buy a turkey because he just won one. What is with these people? And what do I do with the dang turkey? Sheesh! Do you ever get the feeling nobody listens to

you? Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

HI Sharon

I haven't had to use any - yet. I have heard that they are good.

Jo

, Sharon Murch

<compassion2grace wrote:

>

> Yes, but I have to get online and order those nice mousetraps from

PETA. I think they would be way better.

>

>

> jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

> HI Sharon

>

> I think most vegans would agree with you about the mouse. Do you

have humane traps?

>

> Jo

> -

> Sharon Murch

>

> Monday, November 20, 2006 7:13 PM

> Re: Family of dummies

>

>

> I know it may be hard to believe, but I don't think there is

anything like that going on. Perhaps it is stupidity, maybe just

plain denial. Of course, my husband is pretty fed up with me over a

mouse thing. Not eating meat is one thing, but we have mice in the

house, and we have strong differences of opinion as to how to deal

with them. He tells me I need psychiatric help because I want to

catch them, take them to the lake, and release them.

>

> Sharon

>

>

>

>

> jo <jo.heartwork

>

> Monday, November 20, 2006 9:38:51 AM

>

> HI Sharon

>

> Surely they must be doing it on purpose. I think you would be

justified in getting cross with them.

>

> Jo

>

> -

> Sharon Murch

> @gro ups.com

> Sunday, November 19, 2006 11:55 PM

> Family of dummies

>

>

> I have decided I have a family of fools here. Yesterday,

because I was sick, my son went grocery shopping for me. I told him

to get bread, so guess what he gets? Buttermilk bread. I mean, you

don't even have to read the fine print there! Of course, he also got

some cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce to make for dinner last

night. Now this boy DOES know I'm a vegan, and he does know what a

vegan is.

>

> Then my husband came home and brought me some chow mein left over

from the dinner he had with his friends. I peeked today. Yep, it

had chicken in it.

>

> And just now my husband called and left a message with my

daughter, telling me not to go out and buy a turkey because he just

won one.

>

> What is with these people?

>

> And what do I do with the dang turkey?

>

> Sheesh!

>

> Do you ever get the feeling nobody listens to you?

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail beta.

>

Guest guest

HI Sharon

I checked with you on your meaning so that there was no

misunderstanding. I didn't assume that was what you meant. I like

to give people a chance to explain their meaning, when maybe a

statement could infer something offensive.

Jo

, Sharon Murch

<compassion2grace wrote:

>

> Actually, I said that because I didn't want you to think he was a

Christian, because being not empathetic or compassionate would not be

putting forth a very good example of one. Because I've said I am a

Christian, I just thought you might figure he is.

>

> See how easily things can be completely misinterpreted?

>

> Sharon

>

> jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

> Hi Sharon

>

> I hope you are not emplying that it is only Christians who are

empathic and compassionate. I can't think what other meaning you

would have by putting that in brackets in that sentence.

>

> Jo

> -

> Sharon Murch

>

> Monday, November 20, 2006 8:17 PM

>

>

> lol. Let's just say that my husband (non-Christian that he is)

isn't big on empathy or compassion. We got some traps that catch

them alive, but no mouse has dared to venture into one. I think it's

cause they are dark and scary. PETA sells some nice ones that are

see-through and light, which is also nice because then you can see

when you've caught a mouse without picking it up and springing the

trap.

>

> The mouse sits on the kitchen counter and looks my husband in the

eye while he makes his morning coffee. Very brave little mouse. I

just don't really want generations of mice to set up housekeeping

here.

>

> Sharon

>

>

>

> fraggle <EBbrewpunx

>

> Monday, November 20, 2006 11:47:43 AM

>

> simply as him, " and what is wrong with that? its a life isn't

it? the mouse is just doing what it needs to survive "

> get one of those lil hav-a-hart traps and just catch and release

>

> maybe you could hint something along the lines about if the

tables were reversed, would he rather her solution er his...

> Big Giant mouse (in apron) " Sweet teeths, honey? We got humans

again. "

>

>

>

>

> Sharon Murch

> Nov 20, 2006 2:13 PM

> @gro ups.com

>

> I know it may be hard to believe, but I don't think there is

anything like that going on. Perhaps it is stupidity, maybe just

plain denial. Of course, my husband is pretty fed up with me over a

mouse thing. Not eating meat is one thing, but we have mice in the

house, and we have strong differences of opinion as to how to deal

with them. He tells me I need psychiatric help because I want to

catch them, take them to the lake, and release them.

>

> Sharon

>

>

>

>

> jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>

> @gro ups.com

> Monday, November 20, 2006 9:38:51 AM

>

> HI Sharon

>

> Surely they must be doing it on purpose. I think you would be

justified in getting cross with them.

>

> Jo

>

> -

> Sharon Murch

> @gro ups.com

> Sunday, November 19, 2006 11:55 PM

> Family of dummies

>

>

> I have decided I have a family of fools here. Yesterday,

because I was sick, my son went grocery shopping for me. I told him

to get bread, so guess what he gets? Buttermilk bread. I mean, you

don't even have to read the fine print there! Of course, he also got

some cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce to make for dinner last

night. Now this boy DOES know I'm a vegan, and he does know what a

vegan is.

>

> Then my husband came home and brought me some chow mein left over

from the dinner he had with his friends. I peeked today. Yep, it

had chicken in it.

>

> And just now my husband called and left a message with my

daughter, telling me not to go out and buy a turkey because he just

won one.

>

> What is with these people?

>

> And what do I do with the dang turkey?

>

> Sheesh!

>

> Do you ever get the feeling nobody listens to you?

>

>

>

History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

>

>

>

>

>

> Sponsored Link

>

> Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr - MBA, Bachelor's, Master's,

Associate - Click now to apply

>

Guest guest

Hi Sharon,

Some time back in the house that I lived in before this one I had a little mouse visitor - it was a field mouse. Anyway, hubby and I purchased a humane trap and managed to "humanely" trap this little creature. What worked for us (and this little mouse) was PEANUT BUTTER. We put this humane trap alongside the wall and put in some peanut butter. In the morning hubby checked the humane trap and inside was this little mouse. Our little visitor was taken that morning and released some way from the house in a field.

Try the peanut butter Sharon - hopefully it will work for you :)

Geraldine

(UK)

-

Sharon Murch

Monday, November 20, 2006 8:17 PM

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 11:47:43 AMRe: Family of dummies

Sharon

HI Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

Family of dummies

Sheesh!

History repeats itself

Guest guest

methinks he just needs a little sit down trap

have the facts of it explained...

let him come to certain realizations on his own

(ie: starvation ain't exactly humane)

Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 5:34 PM Re: Family of dummies

But okay, here is the worst thing. My husband believes that if you catch a mouse in a humane mouse trap, you are supposed to throw it, trap and all, in to the trash can. I told him that's worse than a spring trap.

Sharonjo <jo.heartwork wrote:

HI Sharon

I think most vegans would agree with you about the mouse. Do you have humane traps?

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

Sharon

jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 9:38:51 AMRe: Family of dummies

HI Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

Family of dummies

Sheesh!

Sponsored LinkDon't quit your job - take classes online and earn your degree in 1 year. Start Today

History repeats itself

Guest guest

that was suppose to say "sit down talk"

sorry.....my brain hasn't quite warmed up yet

that getting home at 12:30...up at 3 because the dogs were insane...

up at 5 to let the cat out

up at 5:30 because cat wanted back in

up at 6 because dogs wanted out...

etc

must be telling on me

:)

Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 5:34 PM Re: Family of dummies

But okay, here is the worst thing. My husband believes that if you catch a mouse in a humane mouse trap, you are supposed to throw it, trap and all, in to the trash can. I told him that's worse than a spring trap.

Sharonjo <jo.heartwork wrote:

HI Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

Sharon

jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 9:38:51 AMRe: Family of dummies

HI Sharon

Jo

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

Family of dummies

Sheesh!

Sponsored LinkDon't quit your job - take classes online and earn your degree in 1 year. Start Today

History repeats itself

Guest guest

that sounds great, and very thoughtful of you

hope you survive thursday!

Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 6:02 PM Re: Family of dummies

Good idea, Peter! Thankfully, turkey has been delivered elsewhere, to his brother's house. They are hosting Thanksgiving. I think I am going to have a separate vegan Thanksgiving on Friday. Some of my daughter's friends wanted to come here for the holiday instead of going with their families. One poor boy is being taken to a steak house for the holiday. So I think I will do one on Friday, and show them how to make some vegan food so they can offer to treat their families on Christmas.

Sharonpeter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

You could try something subtle like say, send them a text , just saying "I am a vegan", put up little post its to remind them everywhere. It may seem a triffle childish, but may have more effect, and be a more peacefull solution than knocking their heads together!

Just a thought..............and as for the turkey, the obvious reply would be , tell him to stuff it!

Good luck........

The Valley Vegan..........Sharon Murch <compassion2grace > wrote:

Sheesh!

Peter H

History repeats itself