IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Language

Rate this topic

Guest guest

well....aren't all words at some point invented?

and yes normalcy is used quite often..has been around for a long time.. " a

return to normalcy "

releasement i've only read, never heard spoken

and tread..well, there's a treaded wheel..but it is also past tense of tread...

>jo <jo.heartwork

>Jun 17, 2006 2:16 AM

>

> Language

>

>HI All

>

>I am just reading a book, and hover over such invented words as normalcy

>(instead of normality), releasement (instead of release) and treaded

>(instead of trod).

>

>This is an American writer. Are these words really used in America or is it

>just this one person?

>

>Jo

>

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

>and tread..well, there's a treaded wheel..but it is also past tense of tread...

Are you seriously saying that Americans don't use the correct past tense of tread??? ;-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter

I think he is!

I don't think lack of knowledge of the English language is enough to start inventing new tenses etc. If writing a book in a language - the correct language should be used.

Jo

-

Peter Kebbell

Sunday, June 18, 2006 10:22 AM

Re: Language

Hi Fraggle

>and tread..well, there's a treaded wheel..but it is also past tense of tread...

Are you seriously saying that Americans don't use the correct past tense of tread??? ;-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

just like you folks don't spell things correctly...

all those extra letters....

:)

come on, languages change....they evolve...

unless you happen to want to turn english into a sibling of latin.....

last time i as in merry ol england, i certanily didn't here very many thee's or thou's....

Peter Kebbell Jun 18, 2006 2:22 AM Re: Language

Hi Fraggle

BB

Peter

Defending this corruption on which you are sat

You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that

`Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used

In your defence of liberty I always stand accused

Guest guest

ya'll were grammarians in a former life weren't you.....

jo Jun 18, 2006 3:29 AM Re: Language

Hi Peter

I think he is!

I don't think lack of knowledge of the English language is enough to start inventing new tenses etc. If writing a book in a language - the correct language should be used.

Jo

-

Peter Kebbell

Hi Fraggle

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Are they related to Librarians? The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ya'll were grammarians in a former life weren't you..... jo Jun 18, 2006 3:29 AM Re: Language Hi Peter I think he is! I don't think lack of knowledge of the English language is enough to start inventing new tenses etc. If writing a book in a language - the correct language should be used. Jo - Peter Kebbell Sunday, June 18, 2006 10:22 AM Re: Language Hi Fraggle >and tread..well, there's a treaded wheel..but it is also past tense of tread... Are you seriously saying that Americans don't use the correct past tense of tread??? ;-) BB Peter Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accusedPeter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

if only they could be that evil and wicked!

peter VV Jun 18, 2006 12:49 PM Re: Language

Are they related to Librarians?

The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

ya'll were grammarians in a former life weren't you.....

jo Jun 18, 2006 3:29 AM Re: Language

Hi Peter

I think he is!

Jo

-

Peter Kebbell

Hi Fraggle

BB

Peter Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused

Peter H

Guest guest

yer just grumpy because they don't translate dr who into the only language that matters..welsh

next we need to work on ya'll bloody accents...

here we are trying desperately to improve that gawd awful twist of speech ya'll call a language, and you over on that side of the pond stubbornly stickto your antiquated ways and impediments....

come on, get with the program..you'll never get a job as a greeter at wal-mart speaking like ya'll do....

*smiles*

*runs like mad*

peter VV Jun 18, 2006 12:47 PM Re: Language

Languages DEvolve in your case............like, whatever?

Have a nice day y`all

The Valley Vegan.................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

last time i as in merry ol england, i certanily didn't here very many thee's or thou's....

Hi Fraggle

BB

Peter Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused

Peter H

Guest guest

runs like mad what?, oh do speak properly will you? theres a good chap. Toodle pip, The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: yer just grumpy because they don't translate dr who into the only language that matters..welsh next we need to work on ya'll bloody accents... here we are trying desperately to improve that gawd awful twist of speech ya'll call a language, and you over on that side of the pond stubbornly stickto your antiquated ways and impediments.... come on, get with the program..you'll never get a job as a greeter at wal-mart speaking like ya'll do.... *smiles* *runs like mad* peter VV Jun 18, 2006 12:47 PM Re: Language Languages DEvolve in your case............like, whatever? Have a nice day y`all The Valley Vegan.................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: just like you folks don't spell things correctly... all those extra letters.... :) come on, languages change....they evolve... unless you happen to want to turn english into a sibling of

latin..... last time i as in merry ol england, i certanily didn't here very many thee's or thou's.... Peter Kebbell Jun 18, 2006 2:22 AM Re: Language Hi Fraggle >and tread..well, there's a treaded wheel..but it is also past tense of tread... Are you seriously saying that Americans don't use the correct past tense of tread??? ;-) BB Peter Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this

and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accusedPeter H

Guest guest

but 'normalcy' ..................... what does it mean, how would it's derivations etc. be described. Why normalcy when there is a word 'normality'? I can understand someone getting it wrong on one occasion - we can't all think of the right words all the time - but to be taken on as part of a language - ye gods!

Jo

-

fraggle

Sunday, June 18, 2006 8:40 PM

Hi Fraggle

BB

Peter

Guest guest

You say tomayto, and I say tomarto, lets call the whole thing off! The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: but 'normalcy' ..................... what does it mean, how would it's derivations etc. be described. Why normalcy when there is a word 'normality'? I can understand someone getting it wrong on one occasion - we can't all think of the right words all the time - but to be taken on as part of a language - ye gods! Jo - fraggle Sunday, June 18, 2006 8:40 PM Re: Language just like you folks don't spell things correctly... all those extra letters.... :) come on, languages change....they evolve... unless you happen to want to turn english into a sibling of latin..... last time i as in merry ol england, i certanily didn't here very many thee's or thou's.... Peter Kebbell Jun 18, 2006 2:22 AM Re: Language Hi Fraggle >and tread..well, there's a treaded wheel..but it is also past tense of tread... Are you seriously saying that Americans don't use the correct past tense of tread??? ;-) BB Peter Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Peter

>You say tomayto, and I say tomarto, lets call the whole thing off!

Or, alternatively... you say Carmeena, I say Carminor, lets call the whole thing Orff....

(Ummm... I just hope you get the classical music reference)....

BB

Peter

Guest guest

sorry, way over my head! The Valley Vegan..............Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter >You say tomayto, and I say tomarto, lets call the whole thing off! Or, alternatively... you say Carmeena, I say Carminor, lets call the whole thing Orff.... (Ummm... I just hope you get the classical music reference).... BB Peter Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Peter

Sorry 'bout that... it's a reference to Carmina Burana, written by Carl Orff....

BB

Peter

-

peter VV

Sunday, June 18, 2006 10:20 PM

sorry, way over my head!

The Valley Vegan..............Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter

>You say tomayto, and I say tomarto, lets call the whole thing off!

Or, alternatively... you say Carmeena, I say Carminor, lets call the whole thing Orff....

(Ummm... I just hope you get the classical music reference)....

BB

Peter

Peter H

Guest guest

its in the dictionary.....

Main Entry: nor·mal·cy Pronunciation: 'nor-m & l-sEFunction: noun: the state or fact of being normal

i'm going to send Jo a bunch of rap records for her birthday, and for peter, all the speeches of GW bush...

hee hee

jo Jun 18, 2006 2:05 PM Re: Language

but 'normalcy' ..................... what does it mean, how would it's derivations etc. be described. Why normalcy when there is a word 'normality'? I can understand someone getting it wrong on one occasion - we can't all think of the right words all the time - but to be taken on as part of a language - ye gods!

Jo

-

fraggle

Hi Fraggle

BB

Peter Defending this corruption on which you are sat

Guest guest

ketchup...catsup...ketchup..catsup....

*passes out*

peter VV Jun 18, 2006 2:14 PM Re: Language

You say tomayto, and I say tomarto, lets call the whole thing off!

The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

fraggle

Hi Fraggle

BB

Peter H

Guest guest

I hope that was Jos Peter you meant................. and stop dissin Jo, she`s down with the rap ,man, give her her props bro...you be illin..... The Valley Vegan..................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: its in the dictionary..... Main Entry: nor·mal·cy Pronunciation: 'nor-m & l-sEFunction: noun: the state or fact of being normal i'm going to send Jo a bunch of rap records for her birthday, and for peter, all the

speeches of GW bush... hee hee jo Jun 18, 2006 2:05 PM Re: Language but 'normalcy' ..................... what does it mean, how would it's derivations etc. be described. Why normalcy when there is a word 'normality'? I can understand someone getting it wrong on one occasion - we can't all think of the right words all the time - but to be taken on as part of a language - ye gods! Jo - fraggle Sunday, June 18, 2006 8:40 PM Re: Language just like you folks don't spell things correctly... all those extra letters.... :) come on, languages change....they evolve... unless you happen to want to turn english into a sibling of latin..... last time i as in merry ol england, i certanily didn't here very many thee's or thou's.... Peter Kebbell Jun 18, 2006 2:22 AM Re: Language Hi Fraggle >and tread..well, there's a treaded wheel..but it is also past tense of tread... Are you seriously saying that Americans don't use the correct past tense of tread??? ;-) BB Peter Defending this corruption on

which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what

to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accusedPeter H

Guest guest

Beer...............Budwieser..................Beer..............Cors............. The Valley Vegan.................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ketchup...catsup...ketchup..catsup.... *passes out* peter VV Jun 18, 2006 2:14 PM Re: Language You say tomayto, and I say tomarto, lets call the whole thing off! The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: but 'normalcy' ..................... what does it mean, how would it's derivations etc. be described. Why normalcy when there is a word 'normality'? I can understand someone getting it wrong on one occasion - we can't all think of the right words all the time - but to be taken on as part of a language - ye gods! Jo - fraggle Sunday, June 18, 2006 8:40 PM Re: Language just like you folks don't spell things correctly... all those extra letters.... :) come on, languages change....they evolve... unless you happen to want to turn english into a sibling of latin..... last time i as in merry ol england, i certanily didn't here very many thee's or thou's.... Peter Kebbell Jun 18, 2006

2:22 AM Re: Language Hi Fraggle >and tread..well, there's a treaded wheel..but it is also past tense of tread... Are you seriously saying that Americans don't use the correct past tense of tread??? ;-) BB Peter Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what

to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accusedPeter H

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

Which dictionary???

Rap eh! mmmm - doesn't get more than 3 seconds in my house.

Jo

-

fraggle

Sunday, June 18, 2006 10:43 PM

Main Entry: nor·mal·cy Pronunciation: 'nor-m & l-sEFunction: noun: the state or fact of being normal

i'm going to send Jo a bunch of rap records for her birthday, and for peter, all the speeches of GW bush...

hee hee

Jo

-

fraggle

Hi Fraggle

BB

Guest guest

merriam webster....

its our language now, and we can mangle it anyway we please!

*sticks tongue*

*packs bags and moves into the basement*

see...independent!

when's dinner?

jo Jun 18, 2006 2:56 PM Re: Language

Hi Fraggle

Which dictionary???

Rap eh! mmmm - doesn't get more than 3 seconds in my house.

Jo

-

fraggle

hee hee

Jo

-

fraggle

Hi Fraggle

BB

In your defence of liberty I always stand accusedDefending this corruption on which you are sat

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

So, is that a proper dictionary, or an America one ;o

BB

Peter

-

fraggle

hee hee

Jo

-

fraggle

Hi Fraggle

BB

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

>see...independent!

Now just hold on. We had enough of that in 1776, thank you very much ;-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

You like me that much huh!

Jo

Fraggle wrote: i'm going to send Jo a bunch of rap records for her

birthday, and for peter, all the speeches of GW bush...

hee hee

Guest guest

Hi Peter

Carmina Burana is an exciting piece of choral music.

Jo

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> Nope, still means diddly to me, doesnt sound like my cup of beer at

all!

>

> The Valley Vegan..............

>

> Peter <metalscarab wrote:

> Hi Peter

>

> Sorry 'bout that... it's a reference to Carmina Burana, written

by Carl Orff....

>

> BB

> Peter

> -

> peter VV

>

> Sunday, June 18, 2006 10:20 PM

> Re: Language

>

>

> sorry, way over my head!

>

> The Valley Vegan..............

>

> Peter <metalscarab wrote:

> Hi Peter

>

> >You say tomayto, and I say tomarto, lets call the whole thing

off!

>

> Or, alternatively... you say Carmeena, I say Carminor, lets call

the whole thing Orff....

>

> (Ummm... I just hope you get the classical music reference)....

>

> BB

> Peter

>

>

>

> Peter H

>

> Send instant messages to your online friends

http://uk.messenger.

>

>

>

> Peter H

>

>

> Send instant messages to your online friends

http://uk.messenger.

>

Guest guest

I'm with you Frag! :)

Nikki

merriam webster....

its our language now, and we can mangle it anyway we please!

*sticks tongue*

*packs bags and moves into the basement*

see...independent!

when's dinner?