IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

new heights in journalistic excellence...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

dunno if anyone caught it the other day

but...

on MSNBC they had a story on mcdonalds trying to upgrade its image, going fer a

more health conscious crowd

and..wot did they do

they had an interview with

ronald mcdonald

they had a live interview with

ronald mcdonald

THEY INTERVIEWED A FICTIONAL CHARACTER ON THE FLIPPIN NEWS!!!

wots flippin next, the jolly green giant discusses farm labor issues? aunt

jemima on how sugar is good fer you?

*screams and runs away*

Those who control the past, control the future; Those who control the future,

control the present; Those who control the present, control the past.^

Guest guest

Are you telling me that Ronald is not real. Next thing is you will be

telling me that there is no Santa and I often saw him on the news.

Granted, he was not there promoting private interests but he was there.

Mary

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

> dunno if anyone caught it the other day

> but...

> on MSNBC they had a story on mcdonalds trying to upgrade its image,

going fer a more health conscious crowd

> and..wot did they do

> they had an interview with

> ronald mcdonald

> they had a live interview with

> ronald mcdonald

> THEY INTERVIEWED A FICTIONAL CHARACTER ON THE FLIPPIN NEWS!!!

> wots flippin next, the jolly green giant discusses farm labor

issues? aunt jemima on how sugar is good fer you?

> *screams and runs away*

>

>

> Those who control the past, control the future; Those who control

the future, control the present; Those who control the present,

control the past.^

Guest guest

not promoting a private interest?

obviously you've not seen much coca cola advertising

:) Mary Minihane Jun 14, 2005 12:51 PM Re: new heights in journalistic excellence... Are you telling me that Ronald is not real. Next thing is you will be telling me that there is no Santa and I often saw him on the news. Granted, he was not there promoting private interests but he was there.Mary , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> dunno if anyone caught it the other day> but...> on MSNBC they had a story on mcdonalds trying to upgrade its image, going fer a more health conscious crowd> and..wot did they do> they had an interview with> ronald mcdonald> they had a live interview with> ronald mcdonald> THEY INTERVIEWED A FICTIONAL CHARACTER ON THE FLIPPIN NEWS!!!> wots flippin next, the jolly green giant discusses farm labor issues? aunt jemima on how sugar is good fer you?> *screams and runs away*> > > Those who control the past, control the future; Those who control the future, control the present; Those who control the present, control the past.^To send an email to -

Guest guest

O.K., that's too much. I mean, this of all lists, can't next be saying

there isn't an Easter BUNNY! Nope, I'm not going to listen to that kind of

nonsense!

Lynda, nope, plugging ears, refusing to listen!!!!

-

Mary Minihane <minih

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 12:51 PM

Re: new heights in journalistic excellence...

> Are you telling me that Ronald is not real. Next thing is you will be

> telling me that there is no Santa and I often saw him on the news.

> Granted, he was not there promoting private interests but he was there.

> Mary

>

> , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

> > dunno if anyone caught it the other day

> > but...

> > on MSNBC they had a story on mcdonalds trying to upgrade its image,

> going fer a more health conscious crowd

> > and..wot did they do

> > they had an interview with

> > ronald mcdonald

> > they had a live interview with

> > ronald mcdonald

> > THEY INTERVIEWED A FICTIONAL CHARACTER ON THE FLIPPIN NEWS!!!

> > wots flippin next, the jolly green giant discusses farm labor

> issues? aunt jemima on how sugar is good fer you?

> > *screams and runs away*

> >

> >

> > Those who control the past, control the future; Those who control

> the future, control the present; Those who control the present,

> control the past.^

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

I totally forgot that Coco Cola practically invented Santa as we know

him. Is there nothing sacred (just watching a tv prog about the murder

of an elderly nun and even though I am not a great fan of nuns she

seemed to be nice so explains the negetive vibe)

Mary

>

Guest guest

isn't it lovely, that millions of people get together on that magical sunday..

and celebrate the resuurection of jesus

with a bunny and chocolate...

strange.. i read the bible..and i can't find rabbits er chocolate er hallmark mentioned anywhere in there....

:) Lynda Jun 14, 2005 1:45 PM Re: Re: new heights in journalistic excellence... O.K., that's too much. I mean, this of all lists, can't next be sayingthere isn't an Easter BUNNY! Nope, I'm not going to listen to that kind ofnonsense!Lynda, nope, plugging ears, refusing to listen!!!!-Mary Minihane <minihTuesday, June 14, 2005 12:51 PM Re: new heights in journalistic excellence...> Are you telling me that Ronald is not real. Next thing is you will be> telling me that there is no Santa and I often saw him on the news.> Granted, he was not there promoting private interests but he was there.> Mary>> , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> > dunno if anyone caught it the other day> > but...> > on MSNBC they had a story on mcdonalds trying to upgrade its image,> going fer a more health conscious crowd> > and..wot did they do> > they had an interview with> > ronald mcdonald> > they had a live interview with> > ronald mcdonald> > THEY INTERVIEWED A FICTIONAL CHARACTER ON THE FLIPPIN NEWS!!!> > wots flippin next, the jolly green giant discusses farm labor> issues? aunt jemima on how sugar is good fer you?> > *screams and runs away*> >> >> > Those who control the past, control the future; Those who control> the future, control the present; Those who control the present,> control the past.^>>>>> To send an email to - >

Guest guest

Ah, but some of us may have read that book but we're not of that persausion and thus the bunnies are part of the whole spring thing <g>

Besides, it has to be a sin to be against chocolate <<eg>> I'm sure that must be in their somewhere. It has to be one of the send you to hell sins to diss chocolate!

Lynda

-

fraggle

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 3:04 PM

Re: Re: new heights in journalistic excellence...

strange.. i read the bible..and i can't find rabbits er chocolate er hallmark mentioned anywhere in there....

:) Lynda Jun 14, 2005 1:45 PM Re: Re: new heights in journalistic excellence... O.K., that's too much. I mean, this of all lists, can't next be sayingthere isn't an Easter BUNNY! Nope, I'm not going to listen to that kind ofnonsense!Lynda, nope, plugging ears, refusing to listen!!!!-Mary Minihane <minihTuesday, June 14, 2005 12:51 PM Re: new heights in journalistic excellence...> Are you telling me that Ronald is not real. Next thing is you will be> telling me that there is no Santa and I often saw him on the news.> Granted, he was not there promoting private interests but he was there.> Mary>> , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> > dunno if anyone caught it the other day> > but...> > on MSNBC they had a story on mcdonalds trying to upgrade its image,> going fer a more health conscious crowd> > and..wot did they do> > they had an interview with> > ronald mcdonald> > they had a live interview with> > ronald mcdonald> > THEY INTERVIEWED A FICTIONAL CHARACTER ON THE FLIPPIN NEWS!!!> > wots flippin next, the jolly green giant discusses farm labor> issues? aunt jemima on how sugar is good fer you?> > *screams and runs away*> >> >> > Those who control the past, control the future; Those who control> the future, control the present; Those who control the present,> control the past.^>>>>> To send an email to - >

Guest guest

Same thing as when they have the State of The Nation address...

Nikki :)

> but...

> on MSNBC they had a story on mcdonalds trying to upgrade its

image, going fer a more health conscious crowd

> and..wot did they do

> ronald mcdonald

> ronald mcdonald

> wots flippin next, the jolly green giant discusses farm labor

issues? aunt jemima on how sugar is good fer you?

> *screams and runs away*

>

>

> Those who control the past, control the future; Those who control

the future, control the present; Those who control the present,

control the past.^

Guest guest

well, if they're gonna make something up...

why not animated tulips leaving hot cross buns in yer underwear drawer?

and yes..i know about the history of easter/eostra symbols

smirking doesn't convey very well over the net Lynda Jun 14, 2005 3:10 PM Re: Re: new heights in journalistic excellence...

Ah, but some of us may have read that book but we're not of that persausion and thus the bunnies are part of the whole spring thing <g>

Besides, it has to be a sin to be against chocolate <<eg>> I'm sure that must be in their somewhere. It has to be one of the send you to hell sins to diss chocolate!

Lynda

-

fraggle

Guest guest

Hmmmm,

Lynda, scratching her head wondering why Fraggle would want hotcross buns in his undies <<eg>>

-

fraggle

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 3:45 PM

smirking doesn't convey very well over the net Lynda Jun 14, 2005 3:10 PM Re: Re: new heights in journalistic excellence...

Lynda

-

fraggle

Guest guest

hey..yer married

don't ask those kinda questions

i just leads to evil Lynda Jun 14, 2005 6:33 PM Re: Re: new heights in journalistic excellence...

Hmmmm,

Lynda, scratching her head wondering why Fraggle would want hotcross buns in his undies <<eg>>

-

fraggle

Lynda

-

fraggle

Guest guest

hi Mary

> I totally forgot that Coco Cola practically invented Santa as we know

> him.

Actually, this is a complete misnoma... the " santa " we know first appeared

in a Danish wood-cut in the early 19th century, and became popularised by

" 'twas the night before Christmas " , which, IIRC is from the 19th century.

The confusion around Coca Cola arose because they tried (unsuccessfully)

to copyright the image in the 1940s.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Yes I heard that same news, but it was on the radio.

ronald macdonald is all over schools. did you see the picture I sent?

Stories like these seem more like Promotion, rather than " news "

by the way speaking of fictional characters,

Tony the tiger, just died.

you know that one that says, They're Great! from kellogs frosted

flakes.

> but...

> on MSNBC they had a story on mcdonalds trying to upgrade its image,

going fer a more health conscious crowd

> and..wot did they do

> ronald mcdonald

> ronald mcdonald

Guest guest

Hi Anouk

> Tony the tiger, just died.

> you know that one that says, They're Great! from kellogs frosted

> flakes.

Ummm... do you mean the actor, or have they killed off the character?

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter

It must be the actor because the character is still on.

BB

Nikki

, metalscarab@c... wrote:

> Hi Anouk

>

> > Tony the tiger, just died.

> > you know that one that says, They're Great! from kellogs frosted

> > flakes.

>

> Ummm... do you mean the actor, or have they killed off the character?

>

> BB

> Peter

Guest guest

the guy who did the voice of tony the tiger died back in may metalscarab Jun 16, 2005 3:37 AM Re: Re: new heights in journalistic excellence... Hi Anouk> Tony the tiger, just died.> you know that one that says, They're Great! from kellogs frosted> flakes.Ummm... do you mean the actor, or have they killed off the character?BBPeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Doesnt every man aspire to this stage of contentment?

Or are we all just as mad as a box of frogs?

The Valley Vegan..........Lynda <lurine wrote:

Hmmmm,

-

fraggle

Lynda

-

fraggle

:) Lynda Jun 14, 2005 1:45 PM Re: Re: new heights in journalistic excellence... O.K., that's too much. I mean, this of all lists, can't next be sayingthere isn't an Easter BUNNY! Nope, I'm not going to listen to that kind ofnonsense!Lynda, nope, plugging ears, refusing to listen!!!!-Mary Minihane <minihTuesday, June 14, 2005 12:51 PM Re: new heights in journalistic excellence...> Are you telling me that Ronald is not real. Next thing is you will be> telling me that there is no Santa and I often saw him on the news.> Granted, he was not there promoting private interests but he was there.> Mary>>

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> > dunno if anyone caught it the other day> > but...> > on MSNBC they had a story on mcdonalds trying to upgrade its image,> going fer a more health conscious crowd> > and..wot did they do> > they had an interview with> > ronald mcdonald> > they had a live interview with> > ronald mcdonald> > THEY INTERVIEWED A FICTIONAL CHARACTER ON THE FLIPPIN NEWS!!!> > wots flippin next, the jolly green giant discusses farm labor> issues? aunt jemima on how sugar is good fer you?> > *screams and runs away*> >> >> > Those who control the past, control the future; Those who control> the future, control the present; Those who control the present,> control the past.^>>>>> To send an email to

- >

Guest guest

Hey Fraggle, Radio One over here just finished its celebration of 30 years of all things punk. If you want a laugh, click on the following URL to check out the listners top 30 punk songs:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/mostpunk/top30.shtml

The Valley Vegan........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

:) Lynda Jun 14, 2005 1:45 PM Re: Re: new heights in journalistic excellence... O.K., that's too much. I mean, this of all lists, can't next be sayingthere isn't an Easter BUNNY! Nope, I'm not going to listen to that kind ofnonsense!Lynda, nope, plugging ears, refusing to listen!!!!-Mary Minihane <minihTuesday, June 14, 2005 12:51 PM Re: new heights in journalistic excellence...> Are you telling me that Ronald is not real. Next thing is you will be> telling me that there is no Santa and I often saw him on the news.> Granted, he was not there promoting private interests but he was there.> Mary>>

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> > dunno if anyone caught it the other day> > but...> > on MSNBC they had a story on mcdonalds trying to upgrade its image,> going fer a more health conscious crowd> > and..wot did they do> > they had an interview with> > ronald mcdonald> > they had a live interview with> > ronald mcdonald> > THEY INTERVIEWED A FICTIONAL CHARACTER ON THE FLIPPIN NEWS!!!> > wots flippin next, the jolly green giant discusses farm labor> issues? aunt jemima on how sugar is good fer you?> > *screams and runs away*> >> >> > Those who control the past, control the future; Those who control> the future, control the present; Those who control the present,> control the past.^>>>>> To send an email to

- >

Guest guest

I heard that the origins of this strange figure have something to do with the fly agaric mushroom.......you and Frag know everything, fill in the blanks from my ailing memory.

The Valley Vegan........metalscarab wrote:

hi Mary> I totally forgot that Coco Cola practically invented Santa as we know> him.Actually, this is a complete misnoma... the "santa" we know first appearedin a Danish wood-cut in the early 19th century, and became popularised by"'twas the night before Christmas", which, IIRC is from the 19th century.The confusion around Coca Cola arose because they tried (unsuccessfully)to copyright the image in the 1940s.BBPeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

you just have to be kidding me........... peter hurd Jun 18, 2005 7:26 AM Re: Re: new heights in journalistic excellence...

Hey Fraggle, Radio One over here just finished its celebration of 30 years of all things punk. If you want a laugh, click on the following URL to check out the listners top 30 punk songs:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/mostpunk/top30.shtml

The Valley Vegan........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Guest guest

there is some sort if lnk between the red and white fly agaric mushroom, and santa

the only fly in the ointment is that the familiar red and white costume fer santa is a twentieth century creation

tho, there is prolly a link somewhere, since reindeer ate the mushrooms, and thye have psyochoactive properties..the reindeer did have to fly somehow..

also, certain russian, lapland, and siberian shamans used the mushrooms, and would dry them over the fireplaces(stockings)

etc and so forth

as for coke...basically coca cola was the first to really mass market the *modern* image we have of saint nick..so they did popularize his current image peter hurd Jun 18, 2005 7:45 AM Re: Re: new heights in journalistic excellence...

I heard that the origins of this strange figure have something to do with the fly agaric mushroom.......you and Frag know everything, fill in the blanks from my ailing memory.

hi Mary> I totally forgot that Coco Cola practically invented Santa as we know> him.Actually, this is a complete misnoma... the "santa" we know first appearedin a Danish wood-cut in the early 19th century, and became popularised by"'twas the night before Christmas", which, IIRC is from the 19th century.The confusion around Coca Cola arose because they tried (unsuccessfully)to copyright the image in the 1940s.BBPeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Why does everything have to be connected to drugs?

Jo

-

fraggle

Sunday, June 19, 2005 1:41 AM

there is some sort if lnk between the red and white fly agaric mushroom, and santa

the only fly in the ointment is that the familiar red and white costume fer santa is a twentieth century creation

tho, there is prolly a link somewhere, since reindeer ate the mushrooms, and thye have psyochoactive properties..the reindeer did have to fly somehow..

also, certain russian, lapland, and siberian shamans used the mushrooms, and would dry them over the fireplaces(stockings)

etc and so forth

as for coke...basically coca cola was the first to really mass market the *modern* image we have of saint nick..so they did popularize his current image peter hurd Jun 18, 2005 7:45 AM Re: Re: new heights in journalistic excellence...

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

Not often I get a chance to disagree with you :-)

> the only fly in the ointment is that the familiar red and white costume fer santa is a twentieth century creation

Nope - it's 19th century. There are a number of pictures of Santa from 19th century Denmark showing Santa in the red & white costume.

> as for coke...basically coca cola was the first to really mass market the *modern* image we have of saint nick..so they did

> popularize his current image

They were beaten by some decades by 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, which is what popularised the image... at least in countries where people read :-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

I love Twas the Night Before Christmas. I think it was the first poem I learned to recite 'by heart' when I was very young.

BBjo

-

Peter

Sunday, June 19, 2005 11:28 AM

Hi Fraggle

Not often I get a chance to disagree with you :-)

> the only fly in the ointment is that the familiar red and white costume fer santa is a twentieth century creation

Nope - it's 19th century. There are a number of pictures of Santa from 19th century Denmark showing Santa in the red & white costume.

> as for coke...basically coca cola was the first to really mass market the *modern* image we have of saint nick..so they did

> popularize his current image

They were beaten by some decades by 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, which is what popularised the image... at least in countries where people read :-)

BB

PeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

i'm sure a lot of things do because humans have always linked the supernatural and the mystic, and *drugs* are the gateway to that world Jo Cwazy Jun 19, 2005 3:05 AM Re: Re: new heights in journalistic excellence...

Why does everything have to be connected to drugs?

Jo

-

fraggle

Sunday, June 19, 2005 1:41 AM

etc and so forth