Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

tofurky vs. unturkey

Rate this topic

Guest guest

David and Victoria Beckham :)

Peter [metalscarab]24 November 2003 17:19 Subject: Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

Hi Lee

> couldn't have put this better myself, although I would also add that the economic union that is Britain has benefited the English

> ruling class most of all as while taxes may be seen to go more towards Scotland, Wales or NI, the use of resources from those

> countries I think far outweighs any of that.

Not quite sure who you mean by the English ruling classes - perhaps you could suggest a few names?

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03To send an email to -

Guest guest

royalty...aristocracy....anyone with private income hasnt earned it with sweat of their brow like i assume we all have to............................

anyone who made serious money out of the industrial revolution..............they built west londons white christmas cake houses whilst children worked in mines, iron works, factories........

catherine

>"Lee Delaney"

> >

>RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey >Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:27:18 -0000 > >David and Victoria Beckham :) > > Peter [metalscarab] > 24 November 2003 17:19 > > Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > > > Hi Lee > > > couldn't have put this better myself, although I would also add that the >economic union that is Britain has benefited the English > > ruling class most of all as while taxes may be seen to go more towards >Scotland, Wales or NI, the use of resources from those > > countries I think far outweighs any of that. > > Not quite sure who you mean by the English ruling classes - perhaps you >could suggest a few names? > > BB > Peter > > > --- > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). > Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03 > >

Guest guest

hee hee, go Catherine.

Catherine Harris [cait2]26 November 2003 16:02 Subject: RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

royalty...aristocracy....anyone with private income hasnt earned it with sweat of their brow like i assume we all have to............................

anyone who made serious money out of the industrial revolution..............they built west londons white christmas cake houses whilst children worked in mines, iron works, factories........

catherine

>"Lee Delaney"

> >

>RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey >Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:27:18 -0000 > >David and Victoria Beckham :) > > Peter [metalscarab] > 24 November 2003 17:19 > > Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > > > Hi Lee > > > couldn't have put this better myself, although I would also add that the >economic union that is Britain has benefited the English > > ruling class most of all as while taxes may be seen to go more towards >Scotland, Wales or NI, the use of resources from those > > countries I think far outweighs any of that. > > Not quite sure who you mean by the English ruling classes - perhaps you >could suggest a few names? > > BB > Peter > > > --- > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). > Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03 > >

Guest guest

only while the money's there :)

Peter [metalscarab]26 November 2003 16:02 Subject: Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

Hi Lee

> David and Victoria Beckham :)

Thought they were Spanish :-)

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03To send an email to -

Guest guest

-

Janey

Tuesday, November 25, 2003 10:51 PM

Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

Yes, exactly! Janey

And animal meat doesn't look like an animal when it's been chopped up into convenient pieces..How many kids really know they are eating an animal unless their have been informed of it.

To send an email to -

Guest guest

It could be argued that if animal meat didn't exist...foods would still be made similiar to what we call 'meat substitutes'.

at least in shape and size.

---- Original Message -----

Janey

Tuesday, November 25, 2003 10:51 PM

Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

Yes, exactly! Janey

And animal meat doesn't look like an animal when it's been chopped up into convenient pieces..How many kids really know they are eating an animal unless their have been informed of it.

To send an email to -

Guest guest

English children worked in mines and factories too. Sometime later in the 1920s my dad along with millions of other working people couldn't get work - I remember him saying that if he hadn't earned money that day - he wouldn't eat (as a matter of principle!) because he didn't want to be a burden to his family. No wonder he was so skinny.

As a member of a long line of fairly poor working people - I get a little niggled by the assumption that all us English people are rich and uncaring and the rest of Britain are hard-done-by.

Jo

catherine

>"Lee Delaney"

> >

Guest guest

That family whose last genuinely English ancestor died in something

like the 11th century? Is it those " English " people you're talking about?

ok

wot the heck is an " english " person anyways???

norman? anglo-saxon? celt? briton? cymry? east indian?

Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03

Guest guest

I don't think thats what was being implied Jo, at least thats not how I was reading it as we were talking about the English ruling class. I don't see any implication that there is no English working class that isn't exploited in the same way as sCottish/Irish/Welsh working class people. I think what you're talking about occurs in all countries and its what makes nationalism even more ridiculous and backward.

Lee

Heartwork [Heartwork]26 November 2003 17:36 Subject: Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

English children worked in mines and factories too. Sometime later in the 1920s my dad along with millions of other working people couldn't get work - I remember him saying that if he hadn't earned money that day - he wouldn't eat (as a matter of principle!) because he didn't want to be a burden to his family. No wonder he was so skinny.

As a member of a long line of fairly poor working people - I get a little niggled by the assumption that all us English people are rich and uncaring and the rest of Britain are hard-done-by.

Jo

catherine

>"Lee Delaney"

> >

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

> ok> wot the heck is an "english" person anyways???> norman? anglo-saxon? celt? briton? cymry? east indian?

Well, that was why I was a bit vague with the dating! But there haven't been many members of the royal family who have been "native" to England in any sense of the word!

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03

Guest guest

Yep!

>wot the heck is an "english" person anyways???norman? anglo-saxon? celt? briton? cymry? east indian?Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03

To send an email to -

Guest guest

That may be the case - but if so why would that cause people to stick up for any other country against England in sporting fixtures?

Jo

-

Lee Delaney

Thursday, November 27, 2003 10:15 AM

RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

I don't think thats what was being implied Jo, at least thats not how I was reading it as we were talking about the English ruling class. I don't see any implication that there is no English working class that isn't exploited in the same way as sCottish/Irish/Welsh working class people. I think what you're talking about occurs in all countries and its what makes nationalism even more ridiculous and backward.

Lee

Heartwork [Heartwork]26 November 2003 17:36 Subject: Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

Jo

catherine

>"Lee Delaney"

> >

Guest guest

I agree fully, the money in the hands of the "aristocracy" is stollen money.Catherine Harris <cait2 wrote:

catherine

>"Lee Delaney"

> >

Guest guest

hi all

i didnt say any particular ethnicity of working class............

catherine

>"Heartwork"

> >

>Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey >Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:41:39 -0000 > >That may be the case - but if so why would that cause people to stick up for any other country against England in sporting fixtures? > >Jo > - > Lee Delaney > > Thursday, November 27, 2003 10:15 AM > RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > > > I don't think thats what was being implied Jo, at least thats not how I was reading it as we were talking about the English ruling class. I don't see any implication that there is no English working class that isn't exploited in the same way as sCottish/Irish/Welsh working class people. I think what you're talking about occurs in all countries and its what makes nationalism even more ridiculous and backward. > > Lee > > Heartwork [Heartwork] > 26 November 2003 17:36 > > Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > > > English children worked in mines and factories too. Sometime later in the 1920s my dad along with millions of other working people couldn't get work - I remember him saying that if he hadn't earned money that day - he wouldn't eat (as a matter of principle!) because he didn't want to be a burden to his family. No wonder he was so skinny. > > As a member of a long line of fairly poor working people - I get a little niggled by the assumption that all us English people are rich and uncaring and the rest of Britain are hard-done-by. > > Jo > > > royalty...aristocracy....anyone with private income hasnt earned it with sweat of their brow like i assume we all have to............................ > > anyone who made serious money out of the industrial revolution..............they built west londons white christmas cake houses whilst children worked in mines, iron works, factories........ > > catherine > > > > >"Lee Delaney" > > > >> >RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > >Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:27:18 -0000 > > > >David and Victoria Beckham :) > > > > Peter [metalscarab] > > 24 November 2003 17:19 > > > > Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > > > > > > Hi Lee > > > > > couldn't have put this better myself, although I would also add that the > >economic union that is Britain has benefited the English > > > ruling class most of all as while taxes may be seen to go more towards > >Scotland, Wales or NI, the use of resources from those > > > countries I think far outweighs any of that. > > > > Not quite sure who you mean by the English ruling classes - perhaps you > >could suggest a few names? > > > > BB > > Peter > > > > > > --- > > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > > Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). > > Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03 > > > >

Guest guest

The royals usually all are relatives to each other, because "it was not possible!!! to come down and to marry a subject. Anyway, I am a Greek national and happy, we Greeks have kicked away out last king Constantine. He is living usually in England. (And can see his cousin future king Charles often enough.Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Catherine

> royalty...

Ah. So, you mean the people who are part Greek, part German, part French and part Scottish? That family whose last genuinely English ancestor died in something like the 11th century? Is it those "English" people you're talking about?

BB

Peter

Guest guest

i didnt say what ethnicity royalty are either....i am well aware that they are just as much a melting pot as everyone else........i object to them having benefited from the rest of us.........so they can swan around in luxury, chasing poor foxes around the counrtyside at their leisure......children worked in mines to put money in the banks of most people with inherited wealth in britain.......

of whatever background........

catherine

>ioannis Tsoucas

> > >Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey >Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:23:30 +0000 (GMT) > >The royals usually all are relatives to each other, because "it was not possible!!! to come down and to marry a subject. Anyway, I am a Greek national and happy, we Greeks have kicked away out last king Constantine. He is living usually in England. (And can see his cousin future king Charles often enough. > >Peter wrote:Hi Catherine > > > royalty... > >Ah. So, you mean the people who are part Greek, part German, part French and part Scottish? That family whose last genuinely English ancestor died in something like the 11th century? Is it those "English" people you're talking about? > >BB >Peter > > >--- >Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. >Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). >Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03 > >

Guest guest

hey, david beckham in spain now knows a 100 words,.......................now hes got to learn them in spanish...............

catherine

an unexamined life is a wasted life..............

>"Peter"

> >

>Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey >Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:02:23 -0000 > >Hi Lee > > > David and Victoria Beckham :) > >Thought they were Spanish :-) > >BB >Peter > > >--- >Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. >Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). >Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03 Find the perfect gift for everyone on your list this Christmas at MSN Shopping.

Guest guest

This was my first Thanksgiving as a Vegetarian.(Not vegan because I

still consume some dairy products.) I decided to try a Tofurky. There

were nine of us and I was the only one who doesn't eat meat. I had a

slice of the Tofurky and a couple others tried a bite. My Aunt

thought it tasted like oatmeal. I eat oatmeal all the time and I

noticed that too. I never liked regular stuffing but I liked the one

in the Tofurky. The box says it serves four but I only had room for

one piece. (I cut it into 8 slices.) That leaves me with enough

leftovers for one week. :)

Maybe next year I will try the unturkey and compare.

Guest guest

Because there are many people in many countries who have suffered due to British imperialism, which English industries and politics particularly dominated, and in Britain non-English culture has been next to wiped out. We all speak English not British, the language follows the movement of trade....

Heartwork [Heartwork]27 November 2003 17:42 Subject: Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

That may be the case - but if so why would that cause people to stick up for any other country against England in sporting fixtures?

Jo

-

Lee Delaney

Lee

Jo

catherine

>"Lee Delaney"

> >

Guest guest

why is someone posting about tofurkey on the tofurkey vs unturkey thread? ;) hee hee

luckyducky22 [luckyducky22]28 November 2003 08:35 Subject: Re: tofurky vs. unturkeyThis was my first Thanksgiving as a Vegetarian.(Not vegan because I still consume some dairy products.) I decided to try a Tofurky. There were nine of us and I was the only one who doesn't eat meat. I had a slice of the Tofurky and a couple others tried a bite. My Aunt thought it tasted like oatmeal. I eat oatmeal all the time and I noticed that too. I never liked regular stuffing but I liked the one in the Tofurky. The box says it serves four but I only had room for one piece. (I cut it into 8 slices.) That leaves me with enough leftovers for one week. :) Maybe next year I will try the unturkey and compare. To send an email to -

Guest guest

I tried the tofurky this year too and honestly, did not really like

it. But I agree with you on the stuffing! I am not a stuffing person,

but this stuff was great!

Part of the problem though was I ran outta time to make the

mushroom/onion gravy and maybe that had something to do with not

liking it. I didn't hate it, it just really did not appeal to me. Ah

well, something different next year. :-)

Nikki

, " luckyducky22 " <luckyducky22>

wrote:

> This was my first Thanksgiving as a Vegetarian.(Not vegan because I

> still consume some dairy products.) I decided to try a Tofurky.

There

> were nine of us and I was the only one who doesn't eat meat. I had

a

> slice of the Tofurky and a couple others tried a bite. My Aunt

> thought it tasted like oatmeal. I eat oatmeal all the time and I

> noticed that too. I never liked regular stuffing but I liked the

one

> in the Tofurky. The box says it serves four but I only had room for

> one piece. (I cut it into 8 slices.) That leaves me with enough

> leftovers for one week. :)

>

> Maybe next year I will try the unturkey and compare.

Guest guest

Hi Lee

Ya know, I was pretty surprised too! ;) I kept reading these hoping

they were actually about the subject line and wouldn't ya know it -

poof one appeared!

nikki :)

, " Lee Delaney " <lee.delaney@k...>

wrote:

> why is someone posting about tofurkey on the tofurkey vs unturkey

thread? ;)

> hee hee

Guest guest

Is there an English culture? In England St Patrick's day is celebrated and St David's. I would be interested to know what English culture consists of.

Jo

-

Lee Delaney

Friday, November 28, 2003 9:53 AM

Because there are many people in many countries who have suffered due to British imperialism, which English industries and politics particularly dominated, and in Britain non-English culture has been next to wiped out. We all speak English not British, the language follows the movement of trade....

Heartwork [Heartwork]27 November 2003 17:42 Subject: Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

Jo

-

Lee Delaney

Lee

Jo

catherine

>"Lee Delaney"

> >

Guest guest

*sighs*

this is all sorta gettin weird

but..fer my 2 pesos...

in broad sweeping generalist terms, the english were an imperalist

power, who dominated other " peoples " of the world fer a long time..

just like America and american policies do today...

does that make all americans bad today? no..but, we here in this

country are still responsible fer wot our govt and corporations do in

our name...

nationalism is an easy thing to get folks riled up, and cloud issues

and facts...

wave a flag, and all yer problems disappear..its never yer fault, its

always " those folks " over there...

on the other hand..people all over the world have felt repressed,

powerless, and generally oppressed, and wish to..reclaim their

heritage, speech, etc and so forth...

, " Heartwork " <Heartwork@o...> wrote:

> That may be the case - but if so why would that cause people to

stick up for any other country against England in sporting fixtures?

>

> Jo

> -

> Lee Delaney

>

> Thursday, November 27, 2003 10:15 AM

> RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

>

>

> I don't think thats what was being implied Jo, at least thats not

how I was reading it as we were talking about the English ruling

class. I don't see any implication that there is no English working

class that isn't exploited in the same way as sCottish/Irish/Welsh

working class people. I think what you're talking about occurs in all

countries and its what makes nationalism even more ridiculous and

backward.

>

> Lee

>

> Heartwork [Heartwork@o...]

> 26 November 2003 17:36

>

> Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

>

>

> English children worked in mines and factories too. Sometime

later in the 1920s my dad along with millions of other working people

couldn't get work - I remember him saying that if he hadn't earned

money that day - he wouldn't eat (as a matter of principle!) because

he didn't want to be a burden to his family. No wonder he was so skinny.

>

> As a member of a long line of fairly poor working people - I get

a little niggled by the assumption that all us English people are rich

and uncaring and the rest of Britain are hard-done-by.

>

> Jo

>

>

> royalty...aristocracy....anyone with private income hasnt

earned it with sweat of their brow like i assume we all have

to............................

>

> anyone who made serious money out of the industrial

revolution..............they built west londons white christmas cake

houses whilst children worked in mines, iron works, factories........

>

> catherine

>

>

>

> > " Lee Delaney "

> >

> >To:

> >RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

> >Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:27:18 -0000

> >

> >David and Victoria Beckham :)

> >

> > Peter [metalscarab@o...]

> > 24 November 2003 17:19

> >

> > Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

> >

> >

> > Hi Lee

> >

> > > couldn't have put this better myself, although I would

also add that the

> >economic union that is Britain has benefited the English

> > > ruling class most of all as while taxes may be seen to go

more towards

> >Scotland, Wales or NI, the use of resources from those

> > > countries I think far outweighs any of that.

> >

> > Not quite sure who you mean by the English ruling classes -

perhaps you

> >could suggest a few names?

> >

> > BB

> > Peter

> >

> >

> > ---

> > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

> > Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

> > Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03

> >

> >