IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Soy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have 2 friends who are allergic to soy :/ makes life tough!

*hugs*

Xanthia

juliejulz wrote:

>

> _vegetarian writes:

>

> << ,esp for those who are soy-sensitive! >>

>

> I have never heard of this. is there really such a thing? Soy seams so easy

> to digest and healthy.

>

Guest guest

a lot of people have allergies to soy, or already get way too much of it in

their diets. Some people are sensitive to the high levels of isoflavins as

well.

-

<juliejulz

Saturday, October 07, 2000 1:00 PM

SOY

> _vegetarian writes:

>

> << ,esp for those who are soy-sensitive! >>

>

> I have never heard of this. is there really such a thing? Soy seams so

easy

> to digest and healthy.

>

>

> contact owner: -owner

> Mail list:

> Delivered-mailing list

> List-Un: -

>

> no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowed

> contact owner with complaints regarding posting/list

> or anything else. Thank you.

> please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

At 07:34 08.10.00 +0000, you wrote:

><< ,esp for those who are soy-sensitive! >>

>

>I have never heard of this. is there really such a thing? Soy seams so easy

>to digest and healthy.

According to the best information I have available, about half of all

the people who are allergic to dairy are also allergic to soy. This has

nothing to do with " easy to digest " or " healthy " ; allergies are when the

body basically overreacts to (what should be) a normal food.

As for dairy sensitivities and cheese, some people who cannot

tolerate milk, soft cheeses, etc. *can* have hard cheese and/or

yogurt. The bacteria that create the food partially digest the dairy

making it easier on the body...for some people.

Brandel

Guest guest

, " Caroline " <caroline@c...> wrote:

> Okay guys...here are a few articles to read about soy...they really

got me thinking...but as with everything in life...you can take it

seriously...or not...it is a matter of choice...because everyone has

their own opinion...and everyone is definitely entitled to it!! :o)

>

> Gerson Institute on Soy

>

> http://www.gerson.org/healing/articles/nl_soytoogood.htm

>

> Thyroid

>

> http://thyroid.about.com/health/thyroid/library/weekly/aa083099.htm

>

> SOS - Soy Online Service

> http://thyroid.about.com/health/thyroid/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?

site=http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/

>

> I would love to hear your thoughts!

> Caroline

Regarding the Soy Online Service website... From what I understand,

the woman who runs it used to work for the American Dairy

Association, or something like that. I think that the both the Meat &

the Dairy industry has a lot at stake in making Soy look bad. I'm not

saying that people should ignore the possibility, but I am saying

that they should take it with a grain of salt. Besides, I also

understand there's a difference between eating things like Tofu &

Tempeh, and eating Toffutti and such. The More processed the Soy is

when you eat it, the less good it's going to be for you.

As in all things, a good degree of moderation will probably protect

you from any serious problems regarding 'health problems' from soy.

Love & Light,

Stephanie

Guest guest

I don't necessarily agree that opinion that only infants who cannot have dairy should have soy based formula. My daughter is now 9 months old and has been on soy based formula since she was about 3 months (since I was unable to produce milk). Even though we are more like cows then soy beans, I don't agree that dairy based formulas are closer to mother's milk. We feed our daughter has two different formulas - one is a pre-manufactured soy based formula, and the other I make for her from a soy base (with different yummy nutrients in it). Each contains the nutrients that she needs to develop, even the fat for brain development. As she gets older her intake of soy will become less, since it will not be her source of calories each day. Our doctor also never saw a problem (and we asked) with the soy based formulas, and he didn't feel that the dairy based formulas were any better. We also have other friends who raised their children on a soy based formula and their children are fine (ages 18,15,12, 8, & 4). We have choose to go with a soy base because it is so hard for infants to digest dairy. I don't want other parents worried about having their babies on soy based formulas, because of bad media about soy. I hope what I wrote is clear and I haven't offended anyone, I just wanted to put in my opinion on this topic.

Thank you

Judie

Jacqueline [jacq]Thursday, July 05, 2001 12:01 PM Subject: Soy

Stephanie,

I agree about moderation. We all eat soy in my household. I think the concern for me would be babies who are on soy formulas as that is their only food for 6mos. Breastmilk is best for babies but if you are using formula a dairy based formula is closer to mother's milk than a soy one. Makes sense since we are more like cows than soy beans right? LOL Soy formula should be reserved for babies who can neither have mother's milk or cow's milk formula but I think a lot of people took the information about formula not being as good for babies and decided that meant soy was better. And yes I know about the problems with dairy farming, etc. I'm just talking from a nutritional standpoint for infants.

Jacqueline

Regarding the Soy Online Service website... From what I understand, the woman who runs it used to work for the American Dairy Association, or something like that. I think that the both the Meat & the Dairy industry has a lot at stake in making Soy look bad. I'm not saying that people should ignore the possibility, but I am saying that they should take it with a grain of salt. Besides, I also understand there's a difference between eating things like Tofu & Tempeh, and eating Toffutti and such. The More processed the Soy is when you eat it, the less good it's going to be for you. As in all things, a good degree of moderation will probably protect you from any serious problems regarding 'health problems' from soy. Love & Light,Stephaniecontact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

Guest guest

Formula is usually dairy based and soy based formulas were later developed for babies who couldn't tolerate the dairy formulas. Unfortunately soy like dairy is a very common allergen. My main concern about soy is the phytoestrogens that a baby would be getting in large amounts compared to body weight. For those who have done their own research and are comfortable with soy that is fine. This is just my feelings on what I have read. So far for me it has been all acedemic as I have breastfed all of my children. Actually baby #3 (2mos) is asleep on my shoulder as I'm typing. :) What I wrote was in no way to find fault with anyone's choices, just expressing an opinion based on my reading.

Jacqueline

-

For the Love of Animals

Thursday, July 05, 2001 3:15 PM

Re: Soy

I thought a lot of formula has soy in it? It's a soy base?

I don't know, I don't have kids, so I am not that familiar.

I do know that my nephew drinks rice milk, by my recommendadtion as he is allergic to soy.

-------------------------------~*Mary*~Co-Founder of "The Nuzzled Network"www.nuzzled.net

"Our day will come if we just wait awhile"-Ruby and the Romantics

" If you won't eat your cat, why eat a cow?"- me

-

Jacqueline

Thursday, July 05, 2001 9:01 AM

Soy

Stephanie,

I agree about moderation. We all eat soy in my household. I think the concern for me would be babies who are on soy formulas as that is their only food for 6mos. Breastmilk is best for babies but if you are using formula a dairy based formula is closer to mother's milk than a soy one. Makes sense since we are more like cows than soy beans right? LOL Soy formula should be reserved for babies who can neither have mother's milk or cow's milk formula but I think a lot of people took the information about formula not being as good for babies and decided that meant soy was better. And yes I know about the problems with dairy farming, etc. I'm just talking from a nutritional standpoint for infants.

Jacqueline

Regarding the Soy Online Service website... From what I understand, the woman who runs it used to work for the American Dairy Association, or something like that. I think that the both the Meat & the Dairy industry has a lot at stake in making Soy look bad. I'm not saying that people should ignore the possibility, but I am saying that they should take it with a grain of salt. Besides, I also understand there's a difference between eating things like Tofu & Tempeh, and eating Toffutti and such. The More processed the Soy is when you eat it, the less good it's going to be for you. As in all things, a good degree of moderation will probably protect you from any serious problems regarding 'health problems' from soy. Love & Light,Stephaniecontact owner: -owner Mail list: Delivered-mailing list List-Un: - no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowedcontact owner with complaints regarding posting/list or anything else. Thank you.please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

Guest guest

I thought a lot of formula has soy in it? It's a soy base?

I don't know, I don't have kids, so I am not that familiar.

I do know that my nephew drinks rice milk, by my recommendadtion as he is allergic to soy.

-------------------------------~*Mary*~Co-Founder of "The Nuzzled Network"www.nuzzled.net

"Our day will come if we just wait awhile"-Ruby and the Romantics

" If you won't eat your cat, why eat a cow?"- me

-

Jacqueline

Thursday, July 05, 2001 9:01 AM

Soy

Stephanie,

Jacqueline

Guest guest

My 15yo dd (the healthiest person in our household -- cross-country runner, rarely sick, very strong, was 5'7" on her 12th birthday, honor roll, music awards, etc.) was breastfed two months, then soy formula only, then started adding solid foods at 4 months until 1 year, then dairy instead of formula. When I was pregnant with her, at first lost 10 lbs -- sick all the time -- then ate everything I could and ended up gaining 40 lbs. Wasn't all that careful about what I ate.

OTOH, my 11yo ds was breastfed only (no supplements, not even water) until 9 months, then introduced solids gradually. Nursed for three years. Even before getting pregnant, I was growing all my own organic veggies, bought all my food at the health food store, exercised regularly -- was in the best health I've ever been in. He's got tons of health problems.

Go figure!

-

Jeff & Judie Cummings

Thursday, July 05, 2001 12:30 PM

RE: Soy

I don't necessarily agree that opinion that only infants who cannot have dairy should have soy based formula. My daughter is now 9 months old and has been on soy based formula since she was about 3 months (since I was unable to produce milk). Even though we are more like cows then soy beans, I don't agree that dairy based formulas are closer to mother's milk. We feed our daughter has two different formulas - one is a pre-manufactured soy based formula, and the other I make for her from a soy base (with different yummy nutrients in it). Each contains the nutrients that she needs to develop, even the fat for brain development. As she gets older her intake of soy will become less, since it will not be her source of calories each day. Our doctor also never saw a problem (and we asked) with the soy based formulas, and he didn't feel that the dairy based formulas were any better. We also have other friends who raised their children on a soy based formula and their children are fine (ages 18,15,12, 8, & 4). We have choose to go with a soy base because it is so hard for infants to digest dairy. I don't want other parents worried about having their babies on soy based formulas, because of bad media about soy. I hope what I wrote is clear and I haven't offended anyone, I just wanted to put in my opinion on this topic.

Thank you

Judie

Jacqueline [jacq]Thursday, July 05, 2001 12:01 PM Subject: Soy

Stephanie,

Jacqueline

Guest guest

However, I think that soy is more healtier than meat. :)

But maybe its not to good to eat alot of it. In poland where soy food is pretty

big, I felt bad somethimes when I had eat it alot.

>On Thu, 5 Jul 2001 13:01:18 -0300

> " Jacqueline " <jacq wrote:

>

>Stephanie,

>

>I agree about moderation. We all eat soy in my household. I think the concern

for me would be babies who are on soy formulas as that is their only food for

6mos. Breastmilk is best for babies but if you are using formula a dairy based

formula is closer to mother's milk than a soy one. Makes sense since we are

more like cows than soy beans right? LOL Soy formula should be reserved for

babies who can neither have mother's milk or cow's milk formula but I think a

lot of people took the information about formula not being as good for babies

and decided that meant soy was better. And yes I know about the problems with

dairy farming, etc. I'm just talking from a nutritional standpoint for infants.

>

>Jacqueline

>

>Regarding the Soy Online Service website... From what I understand,

>the woman who runs it used to work for the American Dairy

>Association, or something like that. I think that the both the Meat &

>the Dairy industry has a lot at stake in making Soy look bad. I'm not

>saying that people should ignore the possibility, but I am saying

>that they should take it with a grain of salt. Besides, I also

>understand there's a difference between eating things like Tofu &

>Tempeh, and eating Toffutti and such. The More processed the Soy is

>when you eat it, the less good it's going to be for you.

>

>As in all things, a good degree of moderation will probably protect

>you from any serious problems regarding 'health problems' from soy.

>

>Love & Light,

>Stephanie

>

>

Guest guest

Thank you. I wasn't questioning the results; I was confused as to

what they were.

> The years in grad school do seem like dog years at times... sigh.

When I went to grad school, I thought I was joking when I told

people that I was too busy to watch the news so to let me know if we

went to war--well, Desert Storm happened and I know next to nothing

about it. You have my sympathy; it helped me to visualize a long

hallway with hoops and hands that occassionally moved the hoops

without warning. Just keep jumping :-)

Max

Guest guest

Thank You Genie, I appreciate what you have had to say. Answers alot

of questions for me about tha way some foods made me feel after I ate

them.

, genie bottle <geniesflower> wrote:

>

> OK, so here's the reference

> Gender Transformed: Endocrine disruptors in the environment

> Chapter for Fertile Ground: Women and Environmental History Ed.

Virginia Scharff, (U. of Kansas Press, forthcoming 2003)

> By Nancy Lagston at the Instittue for Environmental Studies

> As to whomever thought it was the year 2000... last I heard it was

2002, which would mean the book would come out within a year. But,

who knows, I'm in grad school and may be hallucinating as to the

date. The years in grad school do seem like dog years at times...

sigh.

> She has several references in her that show that breast cancer

responds to estrogen, from your body or foreign, and that

endometriosis and uterine fibroid tumors also respond to these.

Anyone remember the recent hormone replacement therapy news? It

really doesn't matter where the estrogens come from, your body, food

or from leaching from plastics it all acts the same... that is my

point. Many soy products are high in phyto estrogens. In fact, most

beans are.

> David, you said that many of these folks have no problem

with " flesh and diary " . Nancy has issues with both. In fact, while

not stating so much in the paper, in her talk she said alot about

pregnant cows being milked.... if a cow is pregnant she is making

more estrogen which will enter the milk and you... Frankly, I'm not

sure how organic cows are managed - are they pregnant? I don't drink

milk/cheese but do eat organic yogurt. She used to be strict veggie

but does eat grass fed organic meat occasionally now...

> Plastics... yes Max, even your drinking cups. It used to be

thought that plastics were inert, well, recent accidental studies

have shown that at least some of them release their very own

phytoestrogens. In fact, plastic was really hit upon as a " not so

great " thing... What to do? Beats me, I love my Nalgene bottle and

buy RO water in a plastic 5 gallon jug. I vaguely remember something

of " painting oneself into a corner. "

> I think that I am sharing my recent gain in knowlege not to scare

anyone, I'll let you read the book yourself, but just to put a word

of caution on the wind. With so much in the veggie world promoting

the " joy of soy " and the semi-miracle plant status that it has

gained, it only points us to the conclusion of all things, even

things that seem wonderful, in moderation.

> I am perhaps a bit more ardent about this due to the recent cancer

in my beloved dog. He now eats human grade dog food out of a ceramic

dish. His illness has really got me thinking about what it is I eat

and the implications of it for my health. Even on my very strict

budget I try to eat organic when I can. As a scientist, it only

makes sense, as a human I am scared not to. Even if all these

chemicals that we are pumping into the world end up not amounting to

anything more than a Y2K level scare, I would much rather be safe

than sorry. Humans evolved to eat without chemicals, there will be a

pointed and obvious lag time for evolution (or the death of many and

the living of the genetically fortunate few) to catch up with the

chemical food diet - I hope to be one of those left standing.

> Genie

>

>

>

> I would rather regret that which I have experienced than wish I had

experienced that which is past.

>

>

>

>

> Health - Feel better, live better

Guest guest

hi I got a few things to say about soy. as far as bacon goes. I

definitely like Fakin Bacon the best. one thing about it is you must

fry it in a pan to get it right no nuking here. when you do fry it

up, it fully blasts the house with that great bacon smell and it

makes a great BLT. I also wanted to point out the light life sliced

soy turkey is really good. I like to chop it up and mix it with

celery, onion, relish, and mayo and make fake turkey salad with it.

also I dont know if its yves or lightlife or whoever, but as pointed

out in the article the refrigerated breaded chicken cutlet is

absolutely hopeless tried nuking it frying it whatever just STAY AWAY

FROM IT CAUSE ITS GROSS. trust me lol. one other thing I wanted to

point out, the other night I had a can of vegetarian chili for dinner

and maybe some of you have discovered that if you throw in just a

little oatmeal, it gets rid of the gloopiness and makes it nice and

thick and doesn't add any strange taste either. ok thats about all

for now stay cool Dave

Guest guest

Hello Dave;

I just bought the meatless Boca Breaded Chicken patties, from the freezer

section of the grocery store.

I found it to be really similar to chicken.

I made myself a chicken burger.

Grilled it on my Foreman Grill.

Tasted great.

Hope your weekend was a good one.

Irene Marie

canadianmade4u

Dave <phantombluefan wrote:

hi I got a few things to say about soy. as far as bacon goes. I

definitely like Fakin Bacon the best. one thing about it is you must

fry it in a pan to get it right no nuking here. when you do fry it

up, it fully blasts the house with that great bacon smell and it

makes a great BLT. I also wanted to point out the light life sliced

soy turkey is really good. I like to chop it up and mix it with

celery, onion, relish, and mayo and make fake turkey salad with it.

also I dont know if its yves or lightlife or whoever, but as pointed

out in the article the refrigerated breaded chicken cutlet is

absolutely hopeless tried nuking it frying it whatever just STAY AWAY

FROM IT CAUSE ITS GROSS. trust me lol. one other thing I wanted to

point out, the other night I had a can of vegetarian chili for dinner

and maybe some of you have discovered that if you throw in just a

little oatmeal, it gets rid of the gloopiness and makes it nice and

thick and doesn't add any strange taste either. ok thats about all

for now stay cool Dave

Guest guest

Soy comes from the soy bean. Whole different type of plant,

so no worries, it isn't wheat at all. :)

~ pt ~

To change your mind and to follow him who sets you right

is to be nonetheless the free agent that you were before.

~ Marcus Aurelius, " The Meditations "

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~~~~>

, I b <canadianmade4u>

wrote:

>

>

> Soyrizo;

>

> Someone mentioned this product, sounds interesting.

>

> I have a question to ask about soy.

>

> Is soy made of or have wheat in it?

Guest guest

When my son (now 5 yrs) was an infant, I was told not to give him soymilk until

he was at least 2 yrs because of our family history of food allergies. I gave

him rice milk in a cup occassionally starting at about 10.5 months and started

soymilk just after he turned 2 yrs. He was also still nursing quite a lot -- so

the rice milk was just an extra " treat. "

My twin daughters, who are 3.5-yrs-old, are still nursing and have only within

the past few months started asking for soymilk or rice milk in a cup. They were

never interested in it before.

Angela in KS

Marisa <marisadanley wrote:

Hello, everyone!!

I have a question. My daughter is 10 months old. She has never had

formula of any type (never even a bottle, in fact). I have started to

give her soy products such as soy yogurt and tofu. I do not give her

soy milk in a cup, but I do mix it in with her cereal. She is still

breastfed and gets sufficient nutrients from her vegan diet. My

question is this: Is is alright to give her soy at this age? A friend

of mine is convinced that I shouldn't be giving it to her. However,

the baby seems fine- no allergy or intestinel problems. In fact, she

loves tofu and will eat it as fast as I will put it on her plate!

It's common to give babies soy formula... Does that extend to soy

milk? I do not plan on ever giving her dairy. She is developing very

well, and is quit advanced.

Thanks for the opinions. I would appreciate hearing other parents

experiences with this topic.

Marisa

For more information about vegetarianism, please visit the VRG website at

http://www.vrg.org and for materials especially useful for families go to

http://www.vrg.org/family.This is a discussion list and is not intended to

provide personal medical advice. Medical advice should be obtained from a

qualified health professional.

edical advice. Medical advice should be obtained from a qualified health

professional.

Guest guest

Marisa,

I alwyas heard that babies shouldn't have soy prior to 9 months. If

that's true then your daughter should be A-okay. That's the

guideline I used for my own daughters and neither had adverse

reactions to soy. BTW Bravo for nursing that baby keep up the good

work!

Stephanie (in Maryland)

, " Marisa " <marisadanley>

wrote:

> Hello, everyone!!

> I have a question. My daughter is 10 months old. She has never had

> formula of any type (never even a bottle, in fact). I have started

to

> give her soy products such as soy yogurt and tofu. I do not give

her

> soy milk in a cup, but I do mix it in with her cereal. She is

still

> breastfed and gets sufficient nutrients from her vegan diet. My

> question is this: Is is alright to give her soy at this age? A

friend

> of mine is convinced that I shouldn't be giving it to her.

However,

> the baby seems fine- no allergy or intestinel problems. In fact,

she

> loves tofu and will eat it as fast as I will put it on her plate!

> It's common to give babies soy formula... Does that extend to soy

> milk? I do not plan on ever giving her dairy. She is developing

very

> well, and is quit advanced.

> Thanks for the opinions. I would appreciate hearing other parents

> experiences with this topic.

>

> Marisa

Guest guest

Every book I read had a different timeline for introducing foods. I think

since you are already feeding soy to her and she is having no problems that

is fine. That is what I did with my son. He was on soy formaula and I know

I gave him soy yogurt at that age, I can't remember anything else.

Lori

" Marisa " <marisadanley

soy

Hello, everyone!!

I have a question. My daughter is 10 months old. She has never had

formula of any type (never even a bottle, in fact). I have started to

give her soy products such as soy yogurt and tofu. I do not give her

soy milk in a cup, but I do mix it in with her cereal. She is still

breastfed and gets sufficient nutrients from her vegan diet. My

question is this: Is is alright to give her soy at this age? A friend

of mine is convinced that I shouldn't be giving it to her. However,

the baby seems fine- no allergy or intestinel problems. In fact, she

loves tofu and will eat it as fast as I will put it on her plate!

It's common to give babies soy formula... Does that extend to soy

milk? I do not plan on ever giving her dairy. She is developing very

well, and is quit advanced.

Guest guest

Marisa,

Our doctor recommended waiting until after one year to give any foods

that are commonly allergens (wheat, soy, peanuts; dairy too but we are

vegan so will never give dairy). I guess that is to give the gut time to

develop and close up. SUpposed to help prevent not only allergies to the

foods but also stuff like asthma and other chronic immune-related

problems. Of course lots of people give soy or dairy formula from birth,

and vaccinate very young - and allergies and asthma and chronic

autoimmune problems are rampant. That said, I would guess 10 months is

close enough! If she has no reactions it sounds fine.

Jen

Marisa wrote:

>Hello, everyone!!

>I have a question. My daughter is 10 months old. She has never had

>formula of any type (never even a bottle, in fact). I have started to

>give her soy products such as soy yogurt and tofu. I do not give her

>soy milk in a cup, but I do mix it in with her cereal. She is still

>breastfed and gets sufficient nutrients from her vegan diet. My

>question is this: Is is alright to give her soy at this age? A friend

>of mine is convinced that I shouldn't be giving it to her. However,

>the baby seems fine- no allergy or intestinel problems. In fact, she

>loves tofu and will eat it as fast as I will put it on her plate!

>It's common to give babies soy formula... Does that extend to soy

>milk? I do not plan on ever giving her dairy. She is developing very

>well, and is quit advanced.

>Thanks for the opinions. I would appreciate hearing other parents

>experiences with this topic.

>

>Marisa

>

>

>

>For more information about vegetarianism, please visit the VRG website at

http://www.vrg.org and for materials especially useful for families go to

http://www.vrg.org/family.This is a discussion list and is not intended to

provide personal medical advice. Medical advice should be obtained from a

qualified health professional.

>

>edical advice. Medical advice should be obtained from a qualified health

professional.

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Soy is rich in estrogens.

I used to eat a lot of sprouted soy long ago. People started calling me

" madam " on the telephone. I stopped the soy and that offence has gone.

Peter

Shelly Mares [shelly]

04 April 2004 23:49

rawfood

[Raw Food] Soy

Does anyone know of any studies done on humans regarding soy (and more

specifically, soy milk) and it's affects on men? There are some studies done

on monkeys and rats, but I would like to know if there are any problems with

male humans. :-) Thanks!

-Shelly

Juice PLUS+

24-Hr Information Hotline: (800) 624-7671

Juice PLUS+ Website: http://www.juiceplus.com/+mm70595

Children's Research Foundation Website: http://www.ChildrensResearch.org

Juice Plus+ is REAL FOOD: It is composed of 17 RAW fruits, vegetables and

grains which are grown in nutrient dense soil, allowed to ripen on the vine

and picked/processed within 1-2 days! It was developed to fill the GAP

between the quality and quantity of what you and I ACTUALLY eat and what we

NEED to eat for good health! Remember: " If your lifestyle does not control

your body, eventually your body will control your lifestyle. "

Guest guest

Are you asking in regard to prostate health?? I think

it is valuable in prostate cancer therapy because of the

phytoestrogens. But there are things with much more

estrogens in the herbal and plant world. Didn't Rudi

Giulliani eat soy everything when he was battling

prostate cancer??? I think this was fairly well

publicized all during and after the 9/11 crisis.

Ann

--- Shelly Mares <Shelly wrote:

> Does anyone know of any studies done on humans

> regarding soy (and more

> specifically, soy milk) and it's affects on men? There

> are some studies done

> on monkeys and rats, but I would like to know if there

> are any problems with

> male humans. :-) Thanks!

>

>

>

> -Shelly

>

>

>

> Juice PLUS+

>

> 24-Hr Information Hotline: (800) 624-7671

>

> Juice PLUS+ Website: http://www.juiceplus.com/+mm70595

>

> Children's Research Foundation Website:

> http://www.ChildrensResearch.org

>

>

>

> Juice Plus+ is REAL FOOD: It is composed of 17 RAW

> fruits, vegetables and

> grains which are grown in nutrient dense soil, allowed

> to ripen on the vine

> and picked/processed within 1-2 days! It was

> developed to fill the GAP

> between the quality and quantity of what you and I

> ACTUALLY eat and what we

> NEED to eat for good health! Remember: " If your

> lifestyle does not control

> your body, eventually your body will control your

> lifestyle. "

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I'm asking because I heard that it could have negative affects on

testosterone levels. I make a nutrition shake every morning and use soy

milk, and I was just concerned about it for my husband.

-Shelly

Shelly Mares

Phone: (813) 215-8752

E-mail: <Shelly

Shelly

24-Hr Information Hotline: (800) 624-7671

Juice PLUS+ Website: <http://www.juiceplus.com/+mm70595>

http://www.juiceplus.com/+mm70595

Children's Research Foundation Website: <http://www.ChildrensResearch.org>

http://www.ChildrensResearch.org

Juice Plus+ is REAL FOOD: It is composed of 17 RAW fruits, vegetables and

grains which are grown in nutrient dense soil, allowed to ripen on the vine

and picked/processed within 1-2 days! It was developed to fill the GAP

between the quality and quantity of what you and I ACTUALLY eat and what we

NEED to eat for good health! Remember: " If your lifestyle does not control

your body, eventually your body will control your lifestyle. "

C. Hudson [cremedemoka]

Tuesday, April 06, 2004 8:39 PM

rawfood

Re: [Raw Food] Soy

Are you asking in regard to prostate health?? I think

it is valuable in prostate cancer therapy because of the

phytoestrogens. But there are things with much more

estrogens in the herbal and plant world. Didn't Rudi

Giulliani eat soy everything when he was battling

prostate cancer??? I think this was fairly well

publicized all during and after the 9/11 crisis.

Ann

--- Shelly Mares <Shelly wrote:

> Does anyone know of any studies done on humans

> regarding soy (and more

> specifically, soy milk) and it's affects on men? There

> are some studies done

> on monkeys and rats, but I would like to know if there

> are any problems with

> male humans. :-) Thanks!

>

>

>

> -Shelly

>

>

>

> Juice PLUS+

>

> 24-Hr Information Hotline: (800) 624-7671

>

> Juice PLUS+ Website: http://www.juiceplus.com/+mm70595

>

> Children's Research Foundation Website:

> http://www.ChildrensResearch.org

>

>

>

> Juice Plus+ is REAL FOOD: It is composed of 17 RAW

> fruits, vegetables and

> grains which are grown in nutrient dense soil, allowed

> to ripen on the vine

> and picked/processed within 1-2 days! It was

> developed to fill the GAP

> between the quality and quantity of what you and I

> ACTUALLY eat and what we

> NEED to eat for good health! Remember: " If your

> lifestyle does not control

> your body, eventually your body will control your

> lifestyle. "

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hello,

I have looked into the subject of genetically modified soy here in Australia. No

soy product that I have found in the stores are genetically modified. All tofu

here has 'organic' on the packaging. All soy milk has that it's not genetically

modified on the carton so I am no longer concerned :-)

Jenni

Find local movie times and trailers on Movies.

Guest guest

Jenni,

hi there is no GE soy grown in Australia

BUT>>> Ingham's Chickens is importing GE soy from the USA and Canada

to feed to their Chickens

if you are Vegan this does not directly effect us BUT... be careful unless

it says NOT GE it could be GE

I too take a lot of comfort in knowing the GE was slowed down dramatically

in Australia

and Monsanto is packing up shop and leaving our Fair Nation =o]]

but be careful

all the Best

Craig

jennifer coleman [mumto2teens]

Friday, May 14, 2004 8:14 AM

Veg-Recipes

Cc: mumto2teens

Re: soy

Hello,

I have looked into the subject of genetically modified soy here in

Australia. No soy product that I have found in the stores are genetically

modified. All tofu here has 'organic' on the packaging. All soy milk has

that it's not genetically modified on the carton so I am no longer concerned

:-)

Jenni

Find local movie times and trailers on Movies.

Guest guest

> Excuse my ignorance but can soy be eaten raw?

-

Not in the bean form but if sprouted it's wonderful for snacking. Miso or

tempe is not raw but fermented and is quite digestible but can't qualify as

raw.

-

" Fredrik Murman " <fpm

<rawfood >

Monday, June 14, 2004 3:12 AM

[Raw Food] Soy

> Excuse my ignorance but can soy be eaten raw? Also, are there any

> vegans (cooked/raw) who don't eat soy?

>

> Fredrik

>

> Arena for vegheads and meatheads

> http://health.vegvsmeat/

>

Guest guest

Is fermented not considered raw

" L.Win " <rustym wrote:

> Excuse my ignorance but can soy be eaten raw?

-

Not in the bean form but if sprouted it's wonderful for snacking. Miso or

tempe is not raw but fermented and is quite digestible but can't qualify as

raw.

-

" Fredrik Murman " <fpm

<rawfood >

Monday, June 14, 2004 3:12 AM

[Raw Food] Soy

> Excuse my ignorance but can soy be eaten raw? Also, are there any

> vegans (cooked/raw) who don't eat soy?

>

> Fredrik

>

> Arena for vegheads and meatheads

> http://health.vegvsmeat/

>