Guest guest

What's for dinner tonight?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

no clue til i get home...

prolly eat out....who knows

last nite was:

roasted Now and Zen's Unsteak

with baby red organic potatoes, roasted with garlic....

steamed organic spinach

steamed organic broccoli(half from garden, half store)

and a couple bottles of trader joe's belgian style beer..which is basically

Unibroue's Chambly...with a different label

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>serene <serene

>Mar 14, 2006 9:41 AM

> ,

> What's for dinner tonight?

>

>

>I'm probably going to cop out and have spaghetti or something, but what

>are you all having tonight? Maybe you'll inspire me to make something new.

>

>serene

>--

>The Reluctant Vegan: http://www.reluctantvegan.com

>

>

" NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may

have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do this

without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor

protection save to call for the impeachment of the current President. "

Guest guest

We're having vegetable crumble (leeks, carrots, parsnips, cauliflower,

broccoli, soy sauce, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, black pepper

topped with oats and flour & margarine crumble), mashed potato and gravy :-)

Jo

-

" serene " <serene

;

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:41 PM

What's for dinner tonight?

>

> I'm probably going to cop out and have spaghetti or something, but what

> are you all having tonight? Maybe you'll inspire me to make something new.

>

> serene

> --

> The Reluctant Vegan: http://www.reluctantvegan.com

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

margarine crumble?

>jo <jo.heartwork

>Mar 14, 2006 10:58 AM

>

>Re: What's for dinner tonight?

>

>We're having vegetable crumble (leeks, carrots, parsnips, cauliflower,

>broccoli, soy sauce, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, black pepper

>topped with oats and flour & margarine crumble), mashed potato and gravy :-)

>

>Jo

>

>-

> " serene " <serene

>;

>Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:41 PM

> What's for dinner tonight?

>

>

>>

>> I'm probably going to cop out and have spaghetti or something, but what

>> are you all having tonight? Maybe you'll inspire me to make something new.

>>

>> serene

>> --

>> The Reluctant Vegan: http://www.reluctantvegan.com

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> To send an email to -

>>

Guest guest

Wot you never made a crumble topping before?, oats,flour & margarine - savoury, or a sweet version with brown sugar and slivered almonds..... The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: margarine crumble?>jo >Mar 14, 2006 10:58 AM> >Re: What's for dinner tonight?>>We're having vegetable crumble (leeks, carrots, parsnips, cauliflower,>broccoli, soy sauce, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, black pepper>topped with oats and flour & margarine crumble), mashed potato and gravy :-)>>Jo>>->"serene" >To:

; >Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:41 PM> What's for dinner tonight?>>>>>> I'm probably going to cop out and have spaghetti or something, but what>> are you all having tonight? Maybe you'll inspire me to make something new.>>>> serene>> -->> The Reluctant Vegan: http://www.reluctantvegan.com>>>>>>>>>> To send an email to - >>

Guest guest

Tonights defrosted meal was stew & dumplings, nothing exciting! The Valley Vegan.................serene <serene wrote: I'm probably going to cop out and have spaghetti or something, but whatare you all having tonight? Maybe you'll inspire me to make something new.serene-- The Reluctant Vegan: http://www.reluctantvegan.comTo send an email to -

Guest guest

On Tue, March 14, 2006 11:52 am, peter hurd said:

> Tonights defrosted meal was stew & dumplings, nothing exciting!

We *love* dumplings in my house. Easy and yummy.

serene

--

The Reluctant Vegan: http://www.reluctantvegan.com

Guest guest

never even heard of it....never mind making it... peter hurd Mar 14, 2006 11:50 AM Re: What's for dinner tonight?

Wot you never made a crumble topping before?, oats,flour & margarine - savoury, or a sweet version with brown sugar and slivered almonds.....

The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

margarine crumble?>jo >Mar 14, 2006 10:58 AM> >Re: What's for dinner tonight?>>We're having vegetable crumble (leeks, carrots, parsnips, cauliflower,>broccoli, soy sauce, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, black pepper>topped with oats and flour & margarine crumble), mashed potato and gravy :-)>>Jo>>->"serene" >; >Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:41 PM> What's for dinner tonight?>>>>>> I'm probably going to cop out and have spaghetti or something, but what>> are you all having tonight? Maybe you'll inspire me to make something new.>>>> serene>> -->> The Reluctant Vegan: http://www.reluctantvegan.com>>>>>>>>>> To send an email to - >>

Guest guest

On Tue, March 14, 2006 12:24 pm, fraggle said:

> never even heard of it....never mind making it...

You've probably had it on a dutch apple pie, or as part of an apple-based

dessert. That's the most common use here in the states -- oats, cinnamon,

butter/margarine, sugar.

serene

--

The Reluctant Vegan: http://www.reluctantvegan.com

Guest guest

just spuds , carrots, peas, tiny pasta bits, lentils, vegetable buillion,etc... nowt exciting! dumplings were nice though............ The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: wot sorta stew? peter hurd Mar 14, 2006 11:52 AM Re: What's for dinner tonight? Tonights defrosted meal was stew & dumplings, nothing exciting! The Valley Vegan.................serene <serene wrote: I'm probably going to cop out and have spaghetti or something, but whatare you all having tonight? Maybe you'll inspire me to make something new.serene-- The Reluctant Vegan: http://www.reluctantvegan.comTo send an email to -

Guest guest

WOT?, never had a fruit crumble? wow, where you been? Apple or rhubarb or plum or any fruit you can get your paws on; Apple & Apricot Crumble Crumble is so easy to make, and you can experiment with different combinations of fruit. Ingredients 3 apples, sliced thinly2 oz dried apricots, cut into quarters1 tbsp sugar4 tbsp water For the topping 3 oz vegan margarine6 oz flour3 oz sugar Notes This is nice with pears and

apples too. Try mixing a handful of ground almonds, a pinch of cinnamon and some sunflower seeds in with the topping. Yum! Method Put the apples and apricots into an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with the sugar and water. Make the crumble by rubbing the margarine into the flour and then mixing in the sugar. Pile the crumble on top of the apple and apricot mixture. Bake in a moderately hot oven for 45 minutes to an hour. Serve hot with vegan ice-cream. The Valley Vegan......................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: never

even heard of it....never mind making it... peter hurd Mar 14, 2006 11:50 AM Re: What's for dinner tonight? Wot you never made a crumble topping before?, oats,flour & margarine - savoury, or a sweet version with brown sugar and slivered almonds..... The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: margarine crumble?>jo >Mar 14, 2006 10:58 AM> >Re: What's for dinner tonight?>>We're having vegetable crumble (leeks, carrots, parsnips, cauliflower,>broccoli,

soy sauce, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, black pepper>topped with oats and flour & margarine crumble), mashed potato and gravy :-)>>Jo>>->"serene" >; >Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:41 PM> What's for dinner tonight?>>>>>> I'm probably going to cop out and have spaghetti or something, but what>> are you all having tonight? Maybe you'll inspire me to make something new.>>>> serene>> -->> The Reluctant Vegan: http://www.reluctantvegan.com>>>>>>>>>> To send an email to - >>

Links>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>To send an email to - >

Guest guest

just pie with the stuff on type right?

never heard it called anything before...just part of the pie

*shrug* peter hurd Mar 14, 2006 12:30 PM Re: What's for dinner tonight?

WOT?, never had a fruit crumble? wow, where you been?

Apple or rhubarb or plum or any fruit you can get your paws on;

Apple & Apricot Crumble

Crumble is so easy to make, and you can experiment with different combinations of fruit.

Ingredients

3 apples, sliced thinly2 oz dried apricots, cut into quarters1 tbsp sugar4 tbsp water

For the topping

3 oz vegan margarine6 oz flour3 oz sugar

Notes

This is nice with pears and apples too. Try mixing a handful of ground almonds, a pinch of cinnamon and some sunflower seeds in with the topping. Yum!

Method

Put the apples and apricots into an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with the sugar and water.

Make the crumble by rubbing the margarine into the flour and then mixing in the sugar.

Pile the crumble on top of the apple and apricot mixture.

Bake in a moderately hot oven for 45 minutes to an hour.

Serve hot with vegan ice-cream.

The Valley Vegan......................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

never even heard of it....never mind making it... peter hurd Mar 14, 2006 11:50 AM Re: What's for dinner tonight?

Wot you never made a crumble topping before?, oats,flour & margarine - savoury, or a sweet version with brown sugar and slivered almonds.....

The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

margarine crumble?>jo >Mar 14, 2006 10:58 AM> >Re: What's for dinner tonight?>>We're having vegetable crumble (leeks, carrots, parsnips, cauliflower,>broccoli, soy sauce, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, black pepper>topped with oats and flour & margarine crumble), mashed potato and gravy :-)>>Jo>>->"serene" >; >Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:41 PM> What's for dinner tonight?>>>>>> I'm probably going to cop out and have spaghetti or something, but what>> are you all having tonight? Maybe you'll inspire me to make something new.>>>> serene>> -->> The Reluctant Vegan: http://www.reluctantvegan.com>>>>>>>>>> To send an email to - >>

Guest guest

wot you said

hahahahahahah

never made it.....as far as i know..and never heard it called margarine

crumble...

ah well

:)

>serene <serene

>Mar 14, 2006 12:25 PM

>

>Re: What's for dinner tonight?

>

>

>On Tue, March 14, 2006 12:24 pm, fraggle said:

>> never even heard of it....never mind making it...

>

>You've probably had it on a dutch apple pie, or as part of an apple-based

>dessert. That's the most common use here in the states -- oats, cinnamon,

>butter/margarine, sugar.

>

>serene

>--

>The Reluctant Vegan: http://www.reluctantvegan.com

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Sunflower Crumble Ingredients 2 tbsp / 30ml vegetable oil 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed 2 onions, peeled and chopped 2 carrots, peeled and diced 2 sticks celery, sliced 1 courgette, diced 1 pt / 600ml vegetable stock 6 oz / 225g red lentils, rinsed (check for small stones) 1 tbsp / 15ml yeast extract 1 tbsp / 15ml fresh parsley, chopped (or 1½ tbsp if dried) 1 tbsp / 15ml salt and black pepper For the crumble 3 oz / 75g breadcrumbs 2 oz / 50g plain flour 2 tbsp / 30ml sunflower seeds 2 tbsp / 30ml chopped nuts 3 oz / 75g vegetable margarine Method 1. Heat the oil in a large heavy saucepan. Gently fry the onion, garlic and remaining vegetables for 2 minutes. 2. Stir in the washed lentils, vegetable stock and yeast extract. (If using dried herbs, they need to be added at this stage). 3. Simmer the ingredients for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has been absorbed, and the lentils are

cooked. 4. Add the fresh herbs, if using, and season with salt and pepper to taste. 5. Place the vegetable mixture into a greased oven-proof dish. 6. Melt the margarine in a saucepan or in a bowl in the microwave. 7. Stir in the remaining crumble ingredients and mix well. 8. Sprinkle over the vegetable mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes. Notes Serve with a mixed salad, new or jacket potatoes. This dish tastes just as good cold, the day after! Serves 4.Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

.... topped with oats and flour and margarine (mixed together) crumble.

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:02 PM

Re: What's for dinner tonight?

> margarine crumble?

>

>

> >jo <jo.heartwork

> >Mar 14, 2006 10:58 AM

> >

> >Re: What's for dinner tonight?

> >

> >We're having vegetable crumble (leeks, carrots, parsnips, cauliflower,

> >broccoli, soy sauce, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, black

pepper

> >topped with oats and flour & margarine crumble), mashed potato and gravy

:-)

> >

> >Jo

> >

> >-

> > " serene " <serene

> >;

> >Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:41 PM

> > What's for dinner tonight?

> >

> >

> >>

> >> I'm probably going to cop out and have spaghetti or something, but what

> >> are you all having tonight? Maybe you'll inspire me to make something

new.

> >>

> >> serene

> >> --

> >> The Reluctant Vegan: http://www.reluctantvegan.com

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> To send an email to -

> >>

Guest guest

It's easy to make - apple or rhubarb crumble with custard are both delicious.

Jo

-

fraggle

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 8:24 PM

never even heard of it....never mind making it...

Guest guest

For pastry you add water which binds it together. The crumble is ..... crumbly.

Jo

-

fraggle

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 8:32 PM

just pie with the stuff on type right?

never heard it called anything before...just part of the pie

*shrug*

Guest guest

I haven't heard of it either.

is that like a vegetable pie type thingee?

anyway sounds good.

Guest guest

I think that they call that apple coffee cake or something like that

here.

, " jo " <jo.heartwork wrote:

>

> For pastry you add water which binds it together. The crumble is

...... crumbly.

>

> Jo

> -

> fraggle

>

> Tuesday, March 14, 2006 8:32 PM

> Re: What's for dinner tonight?

>

Guest guest

It is except the pastry is not held together but crumbs.

Jo

, " Anouk Sickler " <zurumato

wrote:

>

> I haven't heard of it either.

>

> is that like a vegetable pie type thingee?

>

> anyway sounds good.

>

Guest guest

What do you think of the Redwoods chicken pieces? I think they're fantastic, but they haven't quite won over some of the carnivores I know.Better than Tesco mock chicken fillets by a mile though: they're not so food! Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

Spanikopita, with carrots and broad beans.

Peter vv

heartwerk <jo.heartwork Sent: Thursday, 21 August, 2008 7:39:15 AM What's for dinner tonight?

It's a while since anyone asked this, so what are you having for dinner?Nothing unusual for us - probably spaghetti bolognese made with red lentils. Yesterday we had Redwoods chicken-style pieces with chips (naughty, I know)and peas and carrots, and the day before we had a stirfry to use up a courgette someone gave us, with the last of the yellow wax beans, which were lovely.JoSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

I love broad beans.

Jo

-

Peter VV

Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:08 PM

Peter vv

heartwerk <jo.heartwork > Sent: Thursday, 21 August, 2008 7:39:15 AM What's for dinner tonight?

It's a while since anyone asked this, so what are you having for dinner?Nothing unusual for us - probably spaghetti bolognese made with red lentils. Yesterday we had Redwoods chicken-style pieces with chips (naughty, I know)and peas and carrots, and the day before we had a stirfry to use up a courgette someone gave us, with the last of the yellow wax beans, which were lovely.JoSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

today...no idea...not much for planning ahead..we just decide "lets make that!"

last nite was tacos and burritos...

the night before was tamales

heartwerk Aug 20, 2008 11:39 PM What's for dinner tonight?

It's a while since anyone asked this, so what are you having for dinner?Nothing unusual for us - probably spaghetti bolognese made with red lentils. Yesterday we had Redwoods chicken-style pieces with chips (naughty, I know)and peas and carrots, and the day before we had a stirfry to use up a courgette someone gave us, with the last of the yellow wax beans, which were lovely.Jo

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

don't think i've had em, but we loved the redwood sausages we had last year!

Barry Orr Aug 21, 2008 10:20 AM Re:What's for dinner tonight?

What do you think of the Redwoods chicken pieces? I think they're fantastic, but they haven't quite won over some of the carnivores I know.Better than Tesco mock chicken fillets by a mile though: they're not so food!

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

Me too!

Peter vv

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork Sent: Thursday, 21 August, 2008 7:20:59 PMRe: What's for dinner tonight?

I love broad beans.

Jo

-

Peter VV

@gro ups.com

Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:08 PM

Peter vv

heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comThursday, 21 August, 2008 7:39:15 AM What's for dinner tonight?

It's a while since anyone asked this, so what are you having for dinner?Nothing unusual for us - probably spaghetti bolognese made with red lentils. Yesterday we had Redwoods chicken-style pieces with chips (naughty, I know)and peas and carrots, and the day before we had a stirfry to use up a courgette someone gave us, with the last of the yellow wax beans, which were lovely.JoSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.