IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2003

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/11/03 8:18:13 AM Pacific Standard Time, cait2 writes:

all of it stressful............i just want a vegan roast dinner....................peace and quiet without the approbation of rellies...............

and of course to celebrate the solstice.....................

catherine

sorry

well

just take it slow..and try not to get overly overwroth...

Guest guest

Namaste

Oh, no! Here it comes again! Those dreaded holidays where Vegans

waffle between:

A) Going to a family get-together and literally suffer through hours

of staring at dead carcasses, watching as others gulp down – not

chewing – these abused souls,

B) Going to a family get-together and endure all those not so casual

comments about anti-Veganism,

C) Not going to these gatherings and trying to arrange a dinner or

like-minded folks,

D) Not going to these gatherings and staying by themselves with their

Tofurkeys,

E) Not going to these gatherings and wondering if we hurt the

feelings of unconcerned/uncaring humans,

F) Not going to the dinners, but arriving afterwards for " dessert "

G) Not going to these gatherings and fasting.

That's right! I said FASTING.

I will be fasting this ThanXgiving again - this has been a tradition

since 1998.

I hope some list members will be joining me on this day of torture,

death, greed, selfishness and debauchery by doing the same.

My fast is in HONOR/REMEMBERENCE/REVERENCE of the MILLIONS of animals

that are tortured and abused, then slaughtered just for this one (1)

day alone in the U.S.

I am not discussing one (1) day fasts. My fasts run from Wednesday

until Sunday.

Fasting achieves numerous benefits. It is a wonderful way to clean

out the body as far as health is concerned.

Spiritually, it also cleanses the soul.

Originally, fasting was used to 'get closer to the higher being.'

It was also used to rid sick bodies of diseases. This was copied from

watching animals when they are ill. They either eat greens or nothing

at all.

Modern times has shown fasting to be a form of protest.

Gandhi also used fasting to bring his point across.

My fasting tradition has came about when I could no longer go to

family gatherings for this 'holiday' and sit around a table infested

with dead carcass and by-products.

Even the 'religious' holidays were laughable as we traipsed to our

building of worship only to march back to a home full of death,

abuse and chemical irresponsibility.

I have had numerous opportunities to join like-minded folks for a

holiday feast, but prefer to not look upon this holiday as a festive

occasion. Why? Because it also represents false facts throughout

American history. Native Americans were thwarted into slavery and

near-annihilitation by the 'white man' in the name of 'god.' Recent

findings are coming out that there was no turkey - or even any kind

of 'meat' - at the dinner; only fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains.

Then, back to modern times, it always bothered me that after these

dinners, the male attendees would gather together in front of a

television set to watch the bloodsport known as 'football,' leaving

the women (slaves again to the 'white man') to clean up and watch

after the children.

You are invited and welcome to join my discussion list:

SoFlaVegans/

Starting next week there will appear articles, information and guides

about the history and hypocrisy of ThanXgiving, as well as how to

cope with the upcoming holidays.

Additionally, you will find ways to fast safely and wisely.

For those who wish to " celebrate " and not fast, you will find tons of

recipes and tips, as well!

As we ready ourselves for Fur-Free Friday, I wish everyone who is

willing to " take the plunge " the best of luck in a successful and

quick fast, and may all of our efforts pay off!

= = = = = = = = = =

Here are my other discussion lists that also contain tons of

information in each of their categories – DAILY!!!

Please research the message archives for information you are seeking

and what you have missed:

Everything Yoga!

Yoga-With-Nancy-SoFla/

American Sign Language and Deaf Culture

SignSoFla/

Alternative Schooling Within The School System

SoFlaSchools/

Om Shanti

Guest guest

i won't be celebrating Thanksgiving this year ... because i haven't got a clue what it is ... and never have ...

what are americans giving thanks for?

fidyl [fidyl] NamasteOh, no! Here it comes again! Those dreaded holidays where Veganswaffle between:A) Going to a family get-together and literally suffer through hoursof staring at dead carcasses, watching as others gulp down – notchewing – these abused souls,B) Going to a family get-together and endure all those not so casualcomments about anti-Veganism,C) Not going to these gatherings and trying to arrange a dinner orlike-minded folks,D) Not going to these gatherings and staying by themselves with theirTofurkeys,E) Not going to these gatherings and wondering if we hurt thefeelings of unconcerned/uncaring humans,F) Not going to the dinners, but arriving afterwards for "dessert"G) Not going to these gatherings and fasting.

Guest guest

hi all

christmas appraoches and a family get together looms on the horizon...........i have had the stupidity to get embroiled in a messy divorce just as the season approaches and i can see many obstacles to my vegan diet and philosophy presenting them selves..............

all of it stressful............i just want a vegan roast dinner....................peace and quiet without the approbation of rellies...............

catherine

>"fidyl"

> > > An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2003 >Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:46:59 -0000 > >Namaste > >Oh, no! Here it comes again! Those dreaded holidays where Vegans >waffle between: > >A) Going to a family get-together and literally suffer through hours >of staring at dead carcasses, watching as others gulp down – not >chewing – these abused souls, >B) Going to a family get-together and endure all those not so casual >comments about anti-Veganism, >C) Not going to these gatherings and trying to arrange a dinner or >like-minded folks, >D) Not going to these gatherings and staying by themselves with their >Tofurkeys, >E) Not going to these gatherings and wondering if we hurt the >feelings of unconcerned/uncaring humans, >F) Not going to the dinners, but arriving afterwards for "dessert" >G) Not going to these gatherings and fasting. > >That's right! I said FASTING. >I will be fasting this ThanXgiving again - this has been a tradition >since 1998. >I hope some list members will be joining me on this day of torture, >death, greed, selfishness and debauchery by doing the same. > >My fast is in HONOR/REMEMBERENCE/REVERENCE of the MILLIONS of animals >that are tortured and abused, then slaughtered just for this one (1) >day alone in the U.S. > >I am not discussing one (1) day fasts. My fasts run from Wednesday >until Sunday. > >Fasting achieves numerous benefits. It is a wonderful way to clean >out the body as far as health is concerned. > >Spiritually, it also cleanses the soul. > >Originally, fasting was used to 'get closer to the higher being.' > >It was also used to rid sick bodies of diseases. This was copied from >watching animals when they are ill. They either eat greens or nothing >at all. > >Modern times has shown fasting to be a form of protest. >Gandhi also used fasting to bring his point across. > >My fasting tradition has came about when I could no longer go to >family gatherings for this 'holiday' and sit around a table infested >with dead carcass and by-products. >Even the 'religious' holidays were laughable as we traipsed to our >building of worship only to march back to a home full of death, >abuse and chemical irresponsibility. > >I have had numerous opportunities to join like-minded folks for a >holiday feast, but prefer to not look upon this holiday as a festive >occasion. Why? Because it also represents false facts throughout >American history. Native Americans were thwarted into slavery and >near-annihilitation by the 'white man' in the name of 'god.' Recent >findings are coming out that there was no turkey - or even any kind >of 'meat' - at the dinner; only fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains. > >Then, back to modern times, it always bothered me that after these >dinners, the male attendees would gather together in front of a >television set to watch the bloodsport known as 'football,' leaving >the women (slaves again to the 'white man') to clean up and watch >after the children. > >You are invited and welcome to join my discussion list: >SoFlaVegans/ > >Starting next week there will appear articles, information and guides >about the history and hypocrisy of ThanXgiving, as well as how to >cope with the upcoming holidays. >Additionally, you will find ways to fast safely and wisely. >For those who wish to "celebrate" and not fast, you will find tons of >recipes and tips, as well! > >As we ready ourselves for Fur-Free Friday, I wish everyone who is >willing to "take the plunge" the best of luck in a successful and >quick fast, and may all of our efforts pay off! > >= = = = = = = = = = > >Here are my other discussion lists that also contain tons of >information in each of their categories – DAILY!!! >Please research the message archives for information you are seeking >and what you have missed: > >Everything Yoga! >Yoga-With-Nancy-SoFla/ > >American Sign Language and Deaf Culture >SignSoFla/ > >Alternative Schooling Within The School System >SoFlaSchools/ > >Om Shanti > Have more fun with your mobile - add polyphonic ringtones, java games, celebrity voicemails and loads more! Click here for phone fun.

Guest guest

Hi Catherine

Sorry about the divorce. I hope everything fits into place and you can get some enjoyment from the Solstice/Yule.

BBJo

-

Catherine Harris

Tuesday, November 11, 2003 4:12 PM

Re: An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2003

hi all

christmas appraoches and a family get together looms on the horizon...........i have had the stupidity to get embroiled in a messy divorce just as the season approaches and i can see many obstacles to my vegan diet and philosophy presenting them selves..............

catherine

>"fidyl"

> > > An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2003 >Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:46:59 -0000 > >Namaste > >Oh, no! Here it comes again! Those dreaded holidays where Vegans >waffle between: > >A) Going to a family get-together and literally suffer through hours >of staring at dead carcasses, watching as others gulp down – not >chewing – these abused souls, >B) Going to a family get-together and endure all those not so casual >comments about anti-Veganism, >C) Not going to these gatherings and trying to arrange a dinner or >like-minded folks, >D) Not going to these gatherings and staying by themselves with their >Tofurkeys, >E) Not going to these gatherings and wondering if we hurt the >feelings of unconcerned/uncaring humans, >F) Not going to the dinners, but arriving afterwards for "dessert" >G) Not going to these gatherings and fasting. > >That's right! I said FASTING. >I will be fasting this ThanXgiving again - this has been a tradition >since 1998. >I hope some list members will be joining me on this day of torture, >death, greed, selfishness and debauchery by doing the same. > >My fast is in HONOR/REMEMBERENCE/REVERENCE of the MILLIONS of animals >that are tortured and abused, then slaughtered just for this one (1) >day alone in the U.S. > >I am not discussing one (1) day fasts. My fasts run from Wednesday >until Sunday. > >Fasting achieves numerous benefits. It is a wonderful way to clean >out the body as far as health is concerned. > >Spiritually, it also cleanses the soul. > >Originally, fasting was used to 'get closer to the higher being.' > >It was also used to rid sick bodies of diseases. This was copied from >watching animals when they are ill. They either eat greens or nothing >at all. > >Modern times has shown fasting to be a form of protest. >Gandhi also used fasting to bring his point across. > >My fasting tradition has came about when I could no longer go to >family gatherings for this 'holiday' and sit around a table infested >with dead carcass and by-products. >Even the 'religious' holidays were laughable as we traipsed to our >building of worship only to march back to a home full of death, >abuse and chemical irresponsibility. > >I have had numerous opportunities to join like-minded folks for a >holiday feast, but prefer to not look upon this holiday as a festive >occasion. Why? Because it also represents false facts throughout >American history. Native Americans were thwarted into slavery and >near-annihilitation by the 'white man' in the name of 'god.' Recent >findings are coming out that there was no turkey - or even any kind >of 'meat' - at the dinner; only fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains. > >Then, back to modern times, it always bothered me that after these >dinners, the male attendees would gather together in front of a >television set to watch the bloodsport known as 'football,' leaving >the women (slaves again to the 'white man') to clean up and watch >after the children. > >You are invited and welcome to join my discussion list: >SoFlaVegans/ > >Starting next week there will appear articles, information and guides >about the history and hypocrisy of ThanXgiving, as well as how to >cope with the upcoming holidays. >Additionally, you will find ways to fast safely and wisely. >For those who wish to "celebrate" and not fast, you will find tons of >recipes and tips, as well! > >As we ready ourselves for Fur-Free Friday, I wish everyone who is >willing to "take the plunge" the best of luck in a successful and >quick fast, and may all of our efforts pay off! > >= = = = = = = = = = > >Here are my other discussion lists that also contain tons of >information in each of their categories – DAILY!!! >Please research the message archives for information you are seeking >and what you have missed: > >Everything Yoga! >Yoga-With-Nancy-SoFla/ > >American Sign Language and Deaf Culture >SignSoFla/ > >Alternative Schooling Within The School System >SoFlaSchools/ > >Om Shanti >

Have more fun with your mobile - add polyphonic ringtones, java games, celebrity voicemails and loads more! Click here for phone fun.

To send an email to -

Guest guest

>i won't be celebrating Thanksgiving this year ... because i haven't

>got a clue what it is ... and never have ...

>

>what are americans giving thanks for?

>

I think they're thanking _us_ for Anne Robinson, Fergie, Michael Caine, etc.

Paul

--

Guest guest

and Big Brother?

Who wants to be a Millionaire?.... groundforce?... changing rooms? ...

that's nice of them ...

but personally i don't want to be thanked

Paul Russell [prussell] >what are americans giving thanks for?>I think they're thanking _us_ for Anne Robinson, Fergie, Michael Caine, etc.

Guest guest

Is anyone in charge here at the moment, I forget easily.

If not then I will have to send a ticking off to " fidyl " , whom I am

guessing is Nancy, who has spammed every vegan list with the same

message.

Unsurprisingly I doubt most of the members of a UK list are interested

in Thanksgiving, nor joining a South Florida list.

Michael

Guest guest

Can you not use the excuse of the divorce to stay home alone & recuperate?

Viv, Ellie & Cody

"You'll Never Walk Alone with a Basenji"

Catherine Harris [cait2]Tuesday, November 11, 2003 4:12 PM Subject: Re: An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2003

hi all

catherine

Guest guest

, mavreela <ndisc@m...> wrote:

> Is anyone in charge here at the moment, I forget easily.

>

> If not then I will have to send a ticking off to " fidyl " , whom I am

> guessing is Nancy, who has spammed every vegan list with the same

> message.

- " Spammed? "

- You don't need " anyone in charge, " you need a dictionary!

> Unsurprisingly I doubt most of the members of a UK list are

> interested in Thanksgiving, nor joining a South Florida list.

>

> Michael

- Actually, I have members on the SoFlaVegans list from all over the

world - including yours.

- You see, Veganism is international.

- I do give thanX that the Brits are supposedly where the movement

began :-)

Guest guest

"spammed" is a perfectly good word ... from "to spam"... i spam ... you spam ... he spams .... we spammed ...

forget dictionaries ... "language is liquid, it don't move fast enough" ...

veganism is international ... thanksgiving is not.... thanksgiving is a way of killing lots of animals in the name of giving thanks for something or other... no thanks to the turkeys ...

boycott Thanksgivings altogether...

fidyl [fidyl] - "Spammed?"- You don't need "anyone in charge," you need a dictionary!- Actually, I have members on the SoFlaVegans list from all over the world - including yours.- You see, Veganism is international.- I do give thanX that the Brits are supposedly where the movement began :-)

Guest guest

good idea viv.................and i could surf all xmas week, eat jaffa thins and enjoy myself.......

catherine

>"Viv"

> >

>RE: An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2003 >Wed, 12 Nov 2003 00:00:48 -0000 > >Can you not use the excuse of the divorce to stay home alone & recuperate? > >Viv, Ellie & Cody > >"You'll Never Walk Alone with a Basenji" > > > Catherine Harris [cait2] > Tuesday, November 11, 2003 4:12 PM > > Re: An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2003 > > > hi all > > christmas appraoches and a family get together looms on the >horizon...........i have had the stupidity to get embroiled in a messy >divorce just as the season approaches and i can see many obstacles to my >vegan diet and philosophy presenting them selves.............. > > all of it stressful............i just want a vegan roast >dinner....................peace and quiet without the approbation of >rellies............... > > and of course to celebrate the solstice..................... > > catherine > > > >--- >Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. >Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). >Version: 6.0.536 / Virus Database: 331 - Release 03/11/03 Stay connected whilst on the move. Now you can get Hotmail sent directly to your mobile phone. Click here for details.

Guest guest

hi jo

thank you for your wishes................i am doing overdrive on protection and healing rituals at present..............

tc

catherine

>"Heartwork"

> >

>Re: An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2003 >Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:35:16 -0000 > >Hi Catherine > >Sorry about the divorce. I hope everything fits into place and you can get some enjoyment from the Solstice/Yule. > >BB >Jo > - > Catherine Harris > > Tuesday, November 11, 2003 4:12 PM > Re: An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2003 > > > hi all > > christmas appraoches and a family get together looms on the horizon...........i have had the stupidity to get embroiled in a messy divorce just as the season approaches and i can see many obstacles to my vegan diet and philosophy presenting them selves.............. > > all of it stressful............i just want a vegan roast dinner....................peace and quiet without the approbation of rellies............... > > and of course to celebrate the solstice..................... > > catherine > > > > >"fidyl" > > > > > > An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2003 > >Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:46:59 -0000 > > > >Namaste > > > >Oh, no! Here it comes again! Those dreaded holidays where Vegans > >waffle between: > > > >A) Going to a family get-together and literally suffer through hours > >of staring at dead carcasses, watching as others gulp down - not > >chewing - these abused souls, > >B) Going to a family get-together and endure all those not so casual > >comments about anti-Veganism, > >C) Not going to these gatherings and trying to arrange a dinner or > >like-minded folks, > >D) Not going to these gatherings and staying by themselves with their > >Tofurkeys, > >E) Not going to these gatherings and wondering if we hurt the > >feelings of unconcerned/uncaring humans, > >F) Not going to the dinners, but arriving afterwards for "dessert" > >G) Not going to these gatherings and fasting. > > > >That's right! I said FASTING. > >I will be fasting this ThanXgiving again - this has been a tradition > >since 1998. > >I hope some list members will be joining me on this day of torture, > >death, greed, selfishness and debauchery by doing the same. > > > >My fast is in HONOR/REMEMBERENCE/REVERENCE of the MILLIONS of animals > >that are tortured and abused, then slaughtered just for this one (1) > >day alone in the U.S. > > > >I am not discussing one (1) day fasts. My fasts run from Wednesday > >until Sunday. > > > >Fasting achieves numerous benefits. It is a wonderful way to clean > >out the body as far as health is concerned. > > > >Spiritually, it also cleanses the soul. > > > >Originally, fasting was used to 'get closer to the higher being.' > > > >It was also used to rid sick bodies of diseases. This was copied from > >watching animals when they are ill. They either eat greens or nothing > >at all. > > > >Modern times has shown fasting to be a form of protest. > >Gandhi also used fasting to bring his point across. > > > >My fasting tradition has came about when I could no longer go to > >family gatherings for this 'holiday' and sit around a table infested > >with dead carcass and by-products. > >Even the 'religious' holidays were laughable as we traipsed to our > >building of worship only to march back to a home full of death, > >abuse and chemical irresponsibility. > > > >I have had numerous opportunities to join like-minded folks for a > >holiday feast, but prefer to not look upon this holiday as a festive > >occasion. Why? Because it also represents false facts throughout > >American history. Native Americans were thwarted into slavery and > >near-annihilitation by the 'white man' in the name of 'god.' Recent > >findings are coming out that there was no turkey - or even any kind > >of 'meat' - at the dinner; only fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains. > > > >Then, back to modern times, it always bothered me that after these > >dinners, the male attendees would gather together in front of a > >television set to watch the bloodsport known as 'football,' leaving > >the women (slaves again to the 'white man') to clean up and watch > >after the children. > > > >You are invited and welcome to join my discussion list: > >SoFlaVegans/ > > > >Starting next week there will appear articles, information and guides > >about the history and hypocrisy of ThanXgiving, as well as how to > >cope with the upcoming holidays. > >Additionally, you will find ways to fast safely and wisely. > >For those who wish to "celebrate" and not fast, you will find tons of > >recipes and tips, as well! > > > >As we ready ourselves for Fur-Free Friday, I wish everyone who is > >willing to "take the plunge" the best of luck in a successful and > >quick fast, and may all of our efforts pay off! > > > >= = = = = = = = = = > > > >Here are my other discussion lists that also contain tons of > >information in each of their categories - DAILY!!! > >Please research the message archives for information you are seeking > >and what you have missed: > > > >Everything Yoga! > >Yoga-With-Nancy-SoFla/ > > > >American Sign Language and Deaf Culture > >SignSoFla/ > > > >Alternative Schooling Within The School System > >SoFlaSchools/ > > > >Om Shanti > > > > > > Have more fun with your mobile - add polyphonic ringtones, java games, celebrity voicemails and loads more! Click here for phone fun. >

Guest guest

Catherine

That's good - don't forget the chakra clearing and cutting the ties as well. They can be helpful.

Jo

-

Catherine Harris

Wednesday, November 12, 2003 5:50 PM

hi jo

thank you for your wishes................i am doing overdrive on protection and healing rituals at present..............

tc

catherine

>"Heartwork"

> >

>Re: An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2003 >Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:35:16 -0000 > >Hi Catherine > >Sorry about the divorce. I hope everything fits into place and you can get some enjoyment from the Solstice/Yule. > >BB >Jo > - > Catherine Harris > > Tuesday, November 11, 2003 4:12 PM > Re: An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2003 > > > hi all > > christmas appraoches and a family get together looms on the horizon...........i have had the stupidity to get embroiled in a messy divorce just as the season approaches and i can see many obstacles to my vegan diet and philosophy presenting them selves.............. > > all of it stressful............i just want a vegan roast dinner....................peace and quiet without the approbation of rellies............... > > and of course to celebrate the solstice..................... > > catherine > > > > >"fidyl" > > > > > > An Ahimsa ThanXgiving - Fast 2003 > >Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:46:59 -0000 > > > >Namaste > > > >Oh, no! Here it comes again! Those dreaded holidays where Vegans > >waffle between: > > > >A) Going to a family get-together and literally suffer through hours > >of staring at dead carcasses, watching as others gulp down - not > >chewing - these abused souls, > >B) Going to a family get-together and endure all those not so casual > >comments about anti-Veganism, > >C) Not going to these gatherings and trying to arrange a dinner or > >like-minded folks, > >D) Not going to these gatherings and staying by themselves with their > >Tofurkeys, > >E) Not going to these gatherings and wondering if we hurt the > >feelings of unconcerned/uncaring humans, > >F) Not going to the dinners, but arriving afterwards for "dessert" > >G) Not going to these gatherings and fasting. > > > >That's right! I said FASTING. > >I will be fasting this ThanXgiving again - this has been a tradition > >since 1998. > >I hope some list members will be joining me on this day of torture, > >death, greed, selfishness and debauchery by doing the same. > > > >My fast is in HONOR/REMEMBERENCE/REVERENCE of the MILLIONS of animals > >that are tortured and abused, then slaughtered just for this one (1) > >day alone in the U.S. > > > >I am not discussing one (1) day fasts. My fasts run from Wednesday > >until Sunday. > > > >Fasting achieves numerous benefits. It is a wonderful way to clean > >out the body as far as health is concerned. > > > >Spiritually, it also cleanses the soul. > > > >Originally, fasting was used to 'get closer to the higher being.' > > > >It was also used to rid sick bodies of diseases. This was copied from > >watching animals when they are ill. They either eat greens or nothing > >at all. > > > >Modern times has shown fasting to be a form of protest. > >Gandhi also used fasting to bring his point across. > > > >My fasting tradition has came about when I could no longer go to > >family gatherings for this 'holiday' and sit around a table infested > >with dead carcass and by-products. > >Even the 'religious' holidays were laughable as we traipsed to our > >building of worship only to march back to a home full of death, > >abuse and chemical irresponsibility. > > > >I have had numerous opportunities to join like-minded folks for a > >holiday feast, but prefer to not look upon this holiday as a festive > >occasion. Why? Because it also represents false facts throughout > >American history. Native Americans were thwarted into slavery and > >near-annihilitation by the 'white man' in the name of 'god.' Recent > >findings are coming out that there was no turkey - or even any kind > >of 'meat' - at the dinner; only fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains. > > > >Then, back to modern times, it always bothered me that after these > >dinners, the male attendees would gather together in front of a > >television set to watch the bloodsport known as 'football,' leaving > >the women (slaves again to the 'white man') to clean up and watch > >after the children. > > > >You are invited and welcome to join my discussion list: > >SoFlaVegans/ > > > >Starting next week there will appear articles, information and guides > >about the history and hypocrisy of ThanXgiving, as well as how to > >cope with the upcoming holidays. > >Additionally, you will find ways to fast safely and wisely. > >For those who wish to "celebrate" and not fast, you will find tons of > >recipes and tips, as well! > > > >As we ready ourselves for Fur-Free Friday, I wish everyone who is > >willing to "take the plunge" the best of luck in a successful and > >quick fast, and may all of our efforts pay off! > > > >= = = = = = = = = = > > > >Here are my other discussion lists that also contain tons of > >information in each of their categories - DAILY!!! > >Please research the message archives for information you are seeking > >and what you have missed: > > > >Everything Yoga! > >Yoga-With-Nancy-SoFla/ > > > >American Sign Language and Deaf Culture > >SignSoFla/ > > > >Alternative Schooling Within The School System > >SoFlaSchools/ > > > >Om Shanti > > > > > > Have more fun with your mobile - add polyphonic ringtones, java games, celebrity voicemails and loads more! Click here for phone fun. >

Guest guest

What an amazing post! I wish you all the best for your Thanxgiving

fast. You are right, if done properly, fasting is very beneficial

for your health and your other reasons for fasting are valid and

commendable. You have truly inspired me.

Janey

Guest guest

Family Christmas get-togethers can be hard! I have been told today

that I have been bought vegetarian buffet " bites " for Christmas

evening containing goats cheese. What do you do in such

situations? Offend the person who has kindly bought

you " vegetarian " food, or offend them? :-(

Janey x

Guest guest

Me too Catherine - wishing you all the best. :-)

Janey xxx

> Hi Catherine

>

> Sorry about the divorce. I hope everything fits into place and

you can get some enjoyment from the Solstice/Yule.

>

> BB

> Jo

Guest guest

Yes, why not have a time of being self indulgent and thinking about

No. 1 for a change! All the best Catherine, Janey x

Guest guest

> - " Spammed? "

> - You don't need " anyone in charge, " you need a dictionary!

I am on several vegan lists on which I saw the same message, that

messages advertises four of your groups. I can't speak for any of the

others but I know you did not ask permission to do so here. You have

not participated in any discussions so there is nothing to indicate

your membership of this list is for anything other than your own

self-publicity.

How do you define spam?

> - Actually, I have members on the SoFlaVegans list from all over the

> world - including yours.

I am in a different world, well I know some might agree with that 8-)

Florida is a popular destination so I'm sure there would be some Brits

on your list, and you are welcome on this list even though you are

thousands of miles away, but that doesn't change the fact that none of

your message had any relevance to the UK and as you do not regularly

participate here you must accept how it appears when that is all you do

post.

I was serious about whether anyone was in charge, I'm sure someone

volunteered to help Laura but I can't remember who (sorry) and I'm not

sure whether they wanted to talk sole responsibility rather than just

an offer to help the moderator.

Michael

Guest guest

Hey Janey, this has probably already been suggested but i will say

it...

for me i have xmas dinner with my family cuz they celebrate xmas i

celebrate the solstice so me and my daughter celebrate that alone...

at xmas dinner though we end bringing some of our own food..and ask

them not to put butter on the veggies and the potatoes... and share

my nice animal friendly vegan food.. As far as the " bites " just say

thanks but no thanks... good luck...

> Family Christmas get-togethers can be hard! I have been told today

> that I have been bought vegetarian buffet " bites " for Christmas

> evening containing goats cheese. What do you do in such

> situations? Offend the person who has kindly bought

> you " vegetarian " food, or offend them? :-(

>

> Janey x

Guest guest

I DETEST Christmas and haven't had anything to do with it for 17

years now! My family all know what to expect so....

Hugs,

Elisabeth=)

Guest guest

I may not have participated in any discussion, but I have been on the

list for quite some time.

= = = = = =

, mavreela <ndisc@m...> wrote:

> > - " Spammed? "

> > - You don't need " anyone in charge, " you need a dictionary!

>

> I am on several vegan lists on which I saw the same message, that

> messages advertises four of your groups. I can't speak for any of

the

> others but I know you did not ask permission to do so here. You

have

> not participated in any discussions so there is nothing to indicate

> your membership of this list is for anything other than your own

> self-publicity.

>

> How do you define spam?

>

> > - Actually, I have members on the SoFlaVegans list from all over

the

> > world - including yours.

>

> I am in a different world, well I know some might agree with that 8-

)

>

> Florida is a popular destination so I'm sure there would be some

Brits

> on your list, and you are welcome on this list even though you are

> thousands of miles away, but that doesn't change the fact that none

of

> your message had any relevance to the UK and as you do not

regularly

> participate here you must accept how it appears when that is all

you do

> post.

>

> I was serious about whether anyone was in charge, I'm sure someone

> volunteered to help Laura but I can't remember who (sorry) and I'm

not

> sure whether they wanted to talk sole responsibility rather than

just

> an offer to help the moderator.

>

> Michael

Guest guest

" Spammers " don't reply/respond.

= = = = = =

, " Oliver Slay " <oliver@l...> wrote:

> " spammed " is a perfectly good word ... from " to spam " ... i

spam ...

> you spam ... he spams .... we spammed ...

>

> forget dictionaries ... " language is liquid, it don't move fast

enough "

> ...

>

> veganism is international ... thanksgiving is not.... thanksgiving

is a

> way of killing lots of animals in the name of giving thanks for

> something or other... no thanks to the turkeys ...

>

> boycott Thanksgivings altogether...

>

>

> fidyl [fidyl]

>

>

> - " Spammed? "

> - You don't need " anyone in charge, " you need a dictionary!

>

>

> - Actually, I have members on the SoFlaVegans list from all

over

> the

> world - including yours.

> - You see, Veganism is international.

> - I do give thanX that the Brits are supposedly where the

> movement

> began :-)

Guest guest

Don't even get me started on Xmas P-)

What insight you had so many years ago.

I wish you had shared that with me back then!

It's nice to see that some listmembers actually mull the issue instead

of lashing out from their egos.

= = = = = = =

, " Elisabeth Braun " <

elisabeth.braun@n...> wrote:

> I DETEST Christmas and haven't had anything to do with it for 17

> years now! My family all know what to expect so....

>

> Hugs,

>

> Elisabeth=)

Guest guest

Hi,

I've been a hater of Christmas for years. Well, I would be, being vegan, not

a Christian, and having no desire to buy more than I can afford at stores

blaring out dreadful seasonal music.

But, recently, I've gone some way to stripping my idea of Christmas of all

that. And I try and see it as a day set aside to spend with family. No more,

no less. And, as such, I find that I don't hate it as much as I used to.

Cheers,

John

-

Elisabeth Braun <elisabeth.braun

Thursday, November 13, 2003 8:22 AM

> I DETEST Christmas and haven't had anything to do with it for 17

> years now! My family all know what to expect so....

>

> Hugs,

>

> Elisabeth=)

>

>

>

> ~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author,

> there may be another side to the story you have not heard.

> ---------------------------

> Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>

> Un: send a blank message to -

>

>