IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

PASTA LA VISTA, BABY - WORLD WHEAT SHORTAGES

Rate this topic

Guest guest

************************************************************** Pasta la vista as world wheat shortages bite By SHÂN ROSS

SUMMER evenings spent enjoying a plate of tagliatelle and a glass of wine are about to become a lot more expensive following warnings that supplies of pasta to the UK could run short over the next few months. http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=119326

Guest guest

Pasta shortages, that is no loss. Den 21/02/2008 kl. 22.27 skrev Lynda Brasier:************************************************************** Pasta la vista as world wheat shortages bite By SHÂN ROSSSUMMER evenings spent enjoying a plate of tagliatelle and a glass of wine are about to become a lot more expensive following warnings that supplies of pasta to the UK could run short over the next few months.http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=119326

Guest guest

Time to plant some spaghetti squash.Lynda Brasier <susoni wrote: ************************************************************** Pasta la vista as world wheat shortages bite By SHÂN ROSS SUMMER evenings spent enjoying a plate of tagliatelle and a glass of wine are about to become a lot more expensive following warnings that supplies of pasta to the UK could run short over the next few

months. http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=119326

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Don't the Pommies still live on fish & chips & roast beef & Yorkshire pudding? I suppose not with mad cows & mercury - oh dear another fond illusion shattered

Jane

-

LOuise Johnson

Saturday, February 23, 2008 2:18 AM

Re: PASTA LA VISTA, BABY - WORLD WHEAT SHORTAGES

Time to plant some spaghetti squash.Lynda Brasier <susoni wrote:

************************************************************** Pasta la vista as world wheat shortages bite By SHÂN ROSS

SUMMER evenings spent enjoying a plate of tagliatelle and a glass of wine are about to become a lot more expensive following warnings that supplies of pasta to the UK could run short over the next few months. http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=119326

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

At 10:18 AM 2/22/2008, you wrote:

Mmmmm....love that stuff. Doesn't taste quite like pasta, but really like

it. Actually, have never been a big pasta eater. Have you tried the

vegetable pastas? Quite nice, although they do need a certain amount of

wheat to make them. If there is a wheat shortage, won't the price of

bread increase as well?

Lynn

Time to plant some spaghetti

squash.

Lynda Brasier <susoni wrote:

Pasta la vista as world wheat shortages bite

By SHÂN ROSS

SUMMER evenings spent enjoying a plate of tagliatelle and a glass of

wine are about to become a lot more expensive following warnings that

supplies of pasta to the UK could run short over the next few months.

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=119326

Guest guest

Isn't it a different type of wheat?

-

Lynn Ward

Saturday, February 23, 2008 2:46 AM

At 10:18 AM 2/22/2008, you wrote:Mmmmm....love that stuff. Doesn't taste quite like pasta, but really like it. Actually, have never been a big pasta eater. Have you tried the vegetable pastas? Quite nice, although they do need a certain amount of wheat to make them. If there is a wheat shortage, won't the price of bread increase as well?Lynn

Guest guest

Yes, bread will go up also.Jane MacRoss <highfield1 wrote: Isn't it a different type of wheat? - Lynn Ward Saturday, February 23, 2008 2:46 AM Re: PASTA LA VISTA, BABY - WORLD WHEAT SHORTAGES At 10:18 AM 2/22/2008, you wrote:Mmmmm....love that stuff. Doesn't taste quite like pasta, but really like it. Actually, have never been a big pasta eater. Have you tried the vegetable pastas? Quite nice, although they do need a certain amount of wheat to make them. If there is a wheat shortage, won't the price of bread increase as well?Lynn

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

At 10:40 AM 2/22/2008, you wrote:

Pommies = Brits? Sounds like it (the food was the give away *grin*), just

wanted to be sure. New term for me *smile*

Lynn

Don't the Pommies still live on fish &

chips & roast beef & Yorkshire pudding? I suppose not with mad

cows & mercury - oh dear another fond illusion shattered

Jane

Guest guest

At 10:52 AM 2/22/2008, you wrote:

I think so....According to several sites, wheat is pretty much wheat,

although depending on the time of year they're grown, apparently can

differ greatly (didn't know that). I know I can make either bread or

pasta from the same flour I get in the store. But, I think the pasta

people probably use more Durum wheat. so, the wheat shortage they must be

talking about, must be Durum, which shouldn't affect the price of bread

as much as I thought. But, I'm not a broker, or even slightly

knowledgeable in this area, so who knows.....

This is a site about commodities, which explains the different names for

wheat, as well as the different types.

http://www.commodityseasonals.com/types_of_wheat.htm

The info below only really applies to wheat grown in the

US....although perhaps a lot of it is exported?

Kinds of Wheat

There are several types of wheat, but they all fall into two

main categories. These two categories are spring wheat and

winter wheat. Wheat is grouped by its growing season. There are

about thirty species of wheat, but only three are common in the United

States. These three are:wheat.

Durum Wheat - Durum wheat is used in many pasta products because the

wheat holds together when made into a paste. It is a spring wheat and

grows in Minnesota, North and South Dakota, and southern

Canada.

Common Wheat - This is also called " bread

wheat " and is the most widely grown type of wheat. It can be either

a spring or winter wheat. In the United States, it is grown on the

prairies.

Club Wheat - It can be either a spring or winter wheat

and it is closely related to the common wheat. In the United States, it

is grown in the Pacific Northwest.

Copied from

http://library.thinkquest.org/5443/typesofwheat.html

There are also some links on the site which get more

specific.

Guest guest

Actually I think it will apply to all wheat because the farmers are turning to corn and not planting as much of any kind of wheat.Lynn Ward <lynnward wrote: At 10:52 AM 2/22/2008, you wrote:I think so....According to several sites, wheat is pretty much wheat, although depending on the time of year they're grown, apparently can differ greatly (didn't know that). I know I can make either bread or pasta from the same flour I get in the store. But, I think the pasta people probably use more Durum wheat. so, the wheat

shortage they must be talking about, must be Durum, which shouldn't affect the price of bread as much as I thought. But, I'm not a broker, or even slightly knowledgeable in this area, so who knows.....This is a site about commodities, which explains the different names for wheat, as well as the different types. http://www.commodityseasonals.com/types_of_wheat.htmThe info below only really applies to wheat grown in the US....although perhaps a lot of it is exported? Kinds of Wheat There are several types of wheat, but they all fall into two main categories. These two categories are spring wheat and winter wheat. Wheat is grouped by its growing season. There are about thirty species of wheat, but only three are common in

the United States. These three are:wheat. Durum Wheat - Durum wheat is used in many pasta products because the wheat holds together when made into a paste. It is a spring wheat and grows in Minnesota, North and South Dakota, and southern Canada. Common Wheat - This is also called "bread wheat" and is the most widely grown type of wheat. It can be either a spring or winter wheat. In the United States, it is grown on the prairies. Club Wheat - It can be either a spring or winter wheat and it is closely related to the common wheat. In the United States, it is grown in the Pacific Northwest. Copied from http://library.thinkquest.org/5443/typesofwheat.html There are also some links on the site which get more

specific. Isn't it a different type of wheat?

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Wheat is pretty much the indicator of world food supply. If wheat is short you can bet your booties prices on everything going up. LOuise Johnson <almostaphantom wrote: Actually I think it will apply to all wheat because the farmers are turning to corn and not planting as much of any kind of wheat.Lynn Ward <lynnward (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: At 10:52 AM 2/22/2008, you wrote:I think so....According

to several sites, wheat is pretty much wheat, although depending on the time of year they're grown, apparently can differ greatly (didn't know that). I know I can make either bread or pasta from the same flour I get in the store. But, I think the pasta people probably use more Durum wheat. so, the wheat shortage they must be talking about, must be Durum, which shouldn't affect the price of bread as much as I thought. But, I'm not a broker, or even slightly knowledgeable in this area, so who knows.....This is a site about commodities, which explains the different names for wheat, as well as the different types. http://www.commodityseasonals.com/types_of_wheat.htmThe info below only really applies to wheat grown in the US....although perhaps a lot of it is exported? Kinds of Wheat There are several types of wheat, but they all fall into two main categories. These two categories are spring wheat and winter wheat. Wheat is grouped by its growing season. There are about thirty species of wheat, but only three are common in the United States. These three are:wheat. Durum Wheat - Durum wheat is used in many pasta products because the wheat holds together when made into a paste. It is a spring wheat and grows in Minnesota, North and South Dakota, and southern Canada. Common Wheat - This is also called "bread wheat" and is the most widely grown type of wheat. It can be either a spring or winter wheat. In the United States, it is grown on the prairies. Club Wheat - It can be either a spring or winter wheat and it is closely related to the common wheat. In the United States, it is grown in the

Pacific Northwest. Copied from http://library.thinkquest.org/5443/typesofwheat.html There are also some links on the site which get more specific. Isn't it a different type of wheat? Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Well you see the original Pommies in OZ were all Prisoners Of Mother England

lol

Jane

-

Lynn Ward

Saturday, February 23, 2008 3:46 AM

At 10:40 AM 2/22/2008, you wrote:Pommies = Brits? Sounds like it (the food was the give away *grin*), just wanted to be sure. New term for me *smile*Lynn

Don't the Pommies still live on fish & chips & roast beef & Yorkshire pudding? I suppose not with mad cows & mercury - oh dear another fond illusion shattered Jane

Guest guest

Wheat is wheat, and it is bad food. I f you ever have taken your blood sugar, you will know, if you ever have eaten it before some types of workout, you will know, it does not only gives you no energy....but it sucks out the energy you had.Den 22/02/2008 kl. 18.01 skrev Lynn Ward:At 10:52 AM 2/22/2008, you wrote:I think so....According to several sites, wheat is pretty much wheat, although depending on the time of year they're grown, apparently can differ greatly (didn't know that). I know I can make either bread or pasta from the same flour I get in the store. But, I think the pasta people probably use more Durum wheat. so, the wheat shortage they must be talking about, must be Durum, which shouldn't affect the price of bread as much as I thought. But, I'm not a broker, or even slightly knowledgeable in this area, so who knows.....This is a site about commodities, which explains the different names for wheat, as well as the different types. http://www.commodityseasonals.com/types_of_wheat.htmThe info below only really applies to wheat grown in the US....although perhaps a lot of it is exported? Kinds of Wheat There are several types of wheat, but they all fall into two main categories. These two categories are spring wheat andwinter wheat. Wheat is grouped by its growing season. There are about thirty species of wheat, but only three are common in the United States. These three are:wheat.Durum Wheat - Durum wheat is used in many pasta products because the wheat holds together when made into a paste. It is a spring wheat and grows in Minnesota, North and South Dakota, and southern Canada.Common Wheat - This is also called "bread wheat" and is the most widely grown type of wheat. It can be either a spring or winter wheat. In the United States, it is grown on the prairies.Club Wheat - It can be either a spring or winter wheat and it is closely related to the common wheat. In the United States, it is grown in the Pacific Northwest.Copied from http://library.thinkquest.org/5443/typesofwheat.html There are also some links on the site which get more specific.Isn't it a different type of wheat?

Guest guest

Nothing is BAD or good but thinking makes it so.

Some people tolerate wheat others don't.

My 91 yo diabetic husband is not affected by wheat. But I am. Depends on many things as you know, many people have become allergic to wheat and wheat gluten but only because of the way it is prepared these days eh?

Best,

Jane

-

Kenn Johnsen

Saturday, February 23, 2008 9:49 AM

Wheat is wheat, and it is bad food. I f you ever have taken your blood sugar, you will know, if you ever have eaten it before some types of workout, you will know, it does not only gives you no energy....but it sucks out the energy you had.

Den 22/02/2008 kl. 18.01 skrev Lynn Ward:

At 10:52 AM 2/22/2008, you wrote:I think so....According to several sites, wheat is pretty much wheat, although depending on the time of year they're grown, apparently can differ greatly (didn't know that). I know I can make either bread or pasta from the same flour I get in the store. But, I think the pasta people probably use more Durum wheat. so, the wheat shortage they must be talking about, must be Durum, which shouldn't affect the price of bread as much as I thought. But, I'm not a broker, or even slightly knowledgeable in this area, so who knows.....This is a site about commodities, which explains the different names for wheat, as well as the different types. http://www.commodityseasonals.com/types_of_wheat.htmThe info below only really applies to wheat grown in the US....although perhaps a lot of it is exported?

Kinds of Wheat There are several types of wheat, but they all fall into two main categories. These two categories are spring wheat andwinter wheat. Wheat is grouped by its growing season. There are about thirty species of wheat, but only three are common in the United States. These three are:wheat.

Durum Wheat - Durum wheat is used in many pasta products because the wheat holds together when made into a paste. It is a spring wheat and grows in Minnesota, North and South Dakota, and southern Canada.

Common Wheat - This is also called "bread wheat" and is the most widely grown type of wheat. It can be either a spring or winter wheat. In the United States, it is grown on the prairies.

Club Wheat - It can be either a spring or winter wheat and it is closely related to the common wheat. In the United States, it is grown in the Pacific Northwest.Copied from http://library.thinkquest.org/5443/typesofwheat.html There are also some links on the site which get more specific.

Guest guest

Well....well.....it is only bad thinking there make a thing bad.......jawol...never heard of any diabetic, when he eats white bread, his blood sugar does not raise up ( bot now I have ) Den 23/02/2008 kl. 00.05 skrev Jane MacRoss:Nothing is BAD or good but thinking makes it so. Some people tolerate wheat others don't. My 91 yo diabetic husband is not affected by wheat. But I am. Depends on many things as you know, many people have become allergic to wheat and wheat gluten but only because of the way it is prepared these days eh? Best, Jane -Kenn Johnsen Saturday, February 23, 2008 9:49 AMRe: PASTA LA VISTA, BABY - WORLD WHEAT SHORTAGESWheat is wheat, and it is bad food. I f you ever have taken your blood sugar, you will know, if you ever have eaten it before some types of workout, you will know, it does not only gives you no energy....but it sucks out the energy you had.Den 22/02/2008 kl. 18.01 skrev Lynn Ward:At 10:52 AM 2/22/2008, you wrote:I think so....According to several sites, wheat is pretty much wheat, although depending on the time of year they're grown, apparently can differ greatly (didn't know that). I know I can make either bread or pasta from the same flour I get in the store. But, I think the pasta people probably use more Durum wheat. so, the wheat shortage they must be talking about, must be Durum, which shouldn't affect the price of bread as much as I thought. But, I'm not a broker, or even slightly knowledgeable in this area, so who knows.....This is a site about commodities, which explains the different names for wheat, as well as the different types. http://www.commodityseasonals.com/types_of_wheat.htmThe info below only really applies to wheat grown in the US....although perhaps a lot of it is exported? Kinds of Wheat There are several types of wheat, but they all fall into two main categories. These two categories are spring wheat andwinter wheat. Wheat is grouped by its growing season. There are about thirty species of wheat, but only three are common in the United States. These three are:wheat.Durum Wheat - Durum wheat is used in many pasta products because the wheat holds together when made into a paste. It is a spring wheat and grows in Minnesota, North and South Dakota, and southern Canada.Common Wheat - This is also called "bread wheat" and is the most widely grown type of wheat. It can be either a spring or winter wheat. In the United States, it is grown on the prairies.Club Wheat - It can be either a spring or winter wheat and it is closely related to the common wheat. In the United States, it is grown in the Pacific Northwest.Copied from http://library.thinkquest.org/5443/typesofwheat.html There are also some links on the site which get more specific.Isn't it a different type of wheat?

Guest guest

But unless you are a nurse or an endocrinologist how many BGLs have you taken before and or after wheat intake? I will trial this with him if you if you wish.

Jane

-

Kenn Johnsen

Saturday, February 23, 2008 10:38 AM

Well....well.....it is only bad thinking there make a thing bad.......jawol...never heard of any diabetic, when he eats white bread, his blood sugar does not raise up ( bot now I have )

Den 23/02/2008 kl. 00.05 skrev Jane MacRoss:

My 91 yo diabetic husband is not affected by wheat. But I am. Depends on many things as you know, many people have become allergic to wheat and wheat gluten but only because of the way it is prepared these days eh?

Best,

Jane

-

Kenn Johnsen

Wheat is wheat, and it is bad food. I f you ever have taken your blood sugar, you will know, if you ever have eaten it before some types of workout, you will know, it does not only gives you no energy....but it sucks out the energy you had.

At 10:52 AM 2/22/2008, you wrote:I think so....According to several sites, wheat is pretty much wheat, although depending on the time of year they're grown, apparently can differ greatly (didn't know that). I know I can make either bread or pasta from the same flour I get in the store. But, I think the pasta people probably use more Durum wheat. so, the wheat shortage they must be talking about, must be Durum, which shouldn't affect the price of bread as much as I thought. But, I'm not a broker, or even slightly knowledgeable in this area, so who knows.....This is a site about commodities, which explains the different names for wheat, as well as the different types. http://www.commodityseasonals.com/types_of_wheat.htmThe info below only really applies to wheat grown in the US....although perhaps a lot of it is exported?

Kinds of Wheat There are several types of wheat, but they all fall into two main categories. These two categories are spring wheat andwinter wheat. Wheat is grouped by its growing season. There are about thirty species of wheat, but only three are common in the United States. These three are:wheat.

Durum Wheat - Durum wheat is used in many pasta products because the wheat holds together when made into a paste. It is a spring wheat and grows in Minnesota, North and South Dakota, and southern Canada.

Common Wheat - This is also called "bread wheat" and is the most widely grown type of wheat. It can be either a spring or winter wheat. In the United States, it is grown on the prairies.

Club Wheat - It can be either a spring or winter wheat and it is closely related to the common wheat. In the United States, it is grown in the Pacific Northwest.Copied from http://library.thinkquest.org/5443/typesofwheat.html There are also some links on the site which get more specific.

Guest guest

"Opinion" as such is not a very reliable source of information - perhaps some people need a higher BGL than others - perhaps they function better - who knows! Oh did we specify WHITE bread - I thought we only specified wheat bread - I never have white bread in the house ........

-

Kenn Johnsen

Well....well.....it is only bad thinking there make a thing bad.......jawol...never heard of any diabetic, when he eats white bread, his blood sugar does not raise up ( bot now I have )

Best,

Jane

-

Kenn Johnsen

Guest guest

Do not know what exactly BGL is ( blood sugar drugs ? ) This is my own experience, and I just thought it was commonly accepted, it is with those I know, also professionals.Den 23/02/2008 kl. 00.52 skrev Jane MacRoss:But unless you are a nurse or an endocrinologist how many BGLs have you taken before and or after wheat intake? I will trial this with him if you if you wish. Jane-Kenn Johnsen Saturday, February 23, 2008 10:38 AMRe: PASTA LA VISTA, BABY - WORLD WHEAT SHORTAGESWell....well.....it is only bad thinking there make a thing bad.......jawol...never heard of any diabetic, when he eats white bread, his blood sugar does not raise up ( bot now I have ) Den 23/02/2008 kl. 00.05 skrev Jane MacRoss:Nothing is BAD or good but thinking makes it so. Some people tolerate wheat others don't. My 91 yo diabetic husband is not affected by wheat. But I am. Depends on many things as you know, many people have become allergic to wheat and wheat gluten but only because of the way it is prepared these days eh? Best, Jane -Kenn Johnsen Saturday, February 23, 2008 9:49 AMRe: PASTA LA VISTA, BABY - WORLD WHEAT SHORTAGESWheat is wheat, and it is bad food. I f you ever have taken your blood sugar, you will know, if you ever have eaten it before some types of workout, you will know, it does not only gives you no energy....but it sucks out the energy you had.Den 22/02/2008 kl. 18.01 skrev Lynn Ward:At 10:52 AM 2/22/2008, you wrote:I think so....According to several sites, wheat is pretty much wheat, although depending on the time of year they're grown, apparently can differ greatly (didn't know that). I know I can make either bread or pasta from the same flour I get in the store. But, I think the pasta people probably use more Durum wheat. so, the wheat shortage they must be talking about, must be Durum, which shouldn't affect the price of bread as much as I thought. But, I'm not a broker, or even slightly knowledgeable in this area, so who knows.....This is a site about commodities, which explains the different names for wheat, as well as the different types. http://www.commodityseasonals.com/types_of_wheat.htmThe info below only really applies to wheat grown in the US....although perhaps a lot of it is exported? Kinds of Wheat There are several types of wheat, but they all fall into two main categories. These two categories are spring wheat andwinter wheat. Wheat is grouped by its growing season. There are about thirty species of wheat, but only three are common in the United States. These three are:wheat.Durum Wheat - Durum wheat is used in many pasta products because the wheat holds together when made into a paste. It is a spring wheat and grows in Minnesota, North and South Dakota, and southern Canada.Common Wheat - This is also called "bread wheat" and is the most widely grown type of wheat. It can be either a spring or winter wheat. In the United States, it is grown on the prairies.Club Wheat - It can be either a spring or winter wheat and it is closely related to the common wheat. In the United States, it is grown in the Pacific Northwest.Copied from http://library.thinkquest.org/5443/typesofwheat.html There are also some links on the site which get more specific.Isn't it a different type of wheat?

Guest guest

Blood Sugar Levels / Blood Glucose Levels

-

Kenn Johnsen

Saturday, February 23, 2008 11:25 AM

Do not know what exactly BGL is ( blood sugar drugs ? ) This is my own experience, and I just thought it was commonly accepted, it is with those I know, also professionals.

Den 23/02/2008 kl. 00.52 skrev Jane MacRoss:

But unless you are a nurse or an endocrinologist how many BGLs have you taken before and or after wheat intake? I will trial this with him if you if you wish.

Jane

-

Kenn Johnsen

Best,

Jane

-

Kenn Johnsen

Guest guest

Well, when you take a blood sugar drogs ( pills ) you take a steady amount, then it is easy to see what food effect you the most. And when you do a hard physical work....such as a power lifting effort, it is easy to feel what food is bad for you, and which is good. White bread is made of wheat, so what is the big difference between white bread and pasta.Den 23/02/2008 kl. 00.55 skrev Jane MacRoss:"Opinion" as such is not a very reliable source of information - perhaps some people need a higher BGL than others - perhaps they function better - who knows! Oh did we specify WHITE bread - I thought we only specified wheat bread - I never have white bread in the house ........-Kenn Johnsen Saturday, February 23, 2008 10:38 AMRe: PASTA LA VISTA, BABY - WORLD WHEAT SHORTAGESWell....well.....it is only bad thinking there make a thing bad.......jawol...never heard of any diabetic, when he eats white bread, his blood sugar does not raise up ( bot now I have ) Den 23/02/2008 kl. 00.05 skrev Jane MacRoss:Nothing is BAD or good but thinking makes it so. Some people tolerate wheat others don't. My 91 yo diabetic husband is not affected by wheat. But I am. Depends on many things as you know, many people have become allergic to wheat and wheat gluten but only because of the way it is prepared these days eh? Best, Jane -Kenn Johnsen Saturday, February 23, 2008 9:49 AMRe: PASTA LA VISTA, BABY - WORLD WHEAT SHORTAGESWheat is wheat, and it is bad food. I f you ever have taken your blood sugar, you will know, if you ever have eaten it before some types of workout, you will know, it does not only gives you no energy....but it sucks out the energy you had.Den 22/02/2008 kl. 18.01 skrev Lynn Ward:At 10:52 AM 2/22/2008, you wrote:I think so....According to several sites, wheat is pretty much wheat, although depending on the time of year they're grown, apparently can differ greatly (didn't know that). I know I can make either bread or pasta from the same flour I get in the store. But, I think the pasta people probably use more Durum wheat. so, the wheat shortage they must be talking about, must be Durum, which shouldn't affect the price of bread as much as I thought. But, I'm not a broker, or even slightly knowledgeable in this area, so who knows.....This is a site about commodities, which explains the different names for wheat, as well as the different types. http://www.commodityseasonals.com/types_of_wheat.htmThe info below only really applies to wheat grown in the US....although perhaps a lot of it is exported? Kinds of Wheat There are several types of wheat, but they all fall into two main categories. These two categories are spring wheat andwinter wheat. Wheat is grouped by its growing season. There are about thirty species of wheat, but only three are common in the United States. These three are:wheat.Durum Wheat - Durum wheat is used in many pasta products because the wheat holds together when made into a paste. It is a spring wheat and grows in Minnesota, North and South Dakota, and southern Canada.Common Wheat - This is also called "bread wheat" and is the most widely grown type of wheat. It can be either a spring or winter wheat. In the United States, it is grown on the prairies.Club Wheat - It can be either a spring or winter wheat and it is closely related to the common wheat. In the United States, it is grown in the Pacific Northwest.Copied from http://library.thinkquest.org/5443/typesofwheat.html There are also some links on the site which get more specific.Isn't it a different type of wheat?

Guest guest

If you only sit behind a desk, then it is harder to tell what food gives you the energy, and what does not. But if you do hard labor.....or hard physical workouts like lifting weights, it is easy to feel what food gives you the energy, and what does not. And wheat bread does not, on the contrary.....it sucks energy out of you. On the other hand rye bread gives you energy, it gives you a surplus of energy for your work - workout. And so does oatmeal, there is a hell of a difference with starting the day on wheat bread.....and starting the day on a oatmeal - porridge. This is commonly accepted where I is.Den 23/02/2008 kl. 01.37 skrev Kenn Johnsen:Well, when you take a blood sugar drogs ( pills ) you take a steady amount, then it is easy to see what food effect you the most. And when you do a hard physical work....such as a power lifting effort, it is easy to feel what food is bad for you, and which is good. White bread is made of wheat, so what is the big difference between white bread and pasta.Den 23/02/2008 kl. 00.55 skrev Jane MacRoss:"Opinion" as such is not a very reliable source of information - perhaps some people need a higher BGL than others - perhaps they function better - who knows! Oh did we specify WHITE bread - I thought we only specified wheat bread - I never have white bread in the house ........-Kenn Johnsen Saturday, February 23, 2008 10:38 AMRe: PASTA LA VISTA, BABY - WORLD WHEAT SHORTAGESWell....well.....it is only bad thinking there make a thing bad.......jawol...never heard of any diabetic, when he eats white bread, his blood sugar does not raise up ( bot now I have ) Den 23/02/2008 kl. 00.05 skrev Jane MacRoss:Nothing is BAD or good but thinking makes it so. Some people tolerate wheat others don't. My 91 yo diabetic husband is not affected by wheat. But I am. Depends on many things as you know, many people have become allergic to wheat and wheat gluten but only because of the way it is prepared these days eh? Best, Jane -Kenn Johnsen Saturday, February 23, 2008 9:49 AMRe: PASTA LA VISTA, BABY - WORLD WHEAT SHORTAGESWheat is wheat, and it is bad food. I f you ever have taken your blood sugar, you will know, if you ever have eaten it before some types of workout, you will know, it does not only gives you no energy....but it sucks out the energy you had.Den 22/02/2008 kl. 18.01 skrev Lynn Ward:At 10:52 AM 2/22/2008, you wrote:I think so....According to several sites, wheat is pretty much wheat, although depending on the time of year they're grown, apparently can differ greatly (didn't know that). I know I can make either bread or pasta from the same flour I get in the store. But, I think the pasta people probably use more Durum wheat. so, the wheat shortage they must be talking about, must be Durum, which shouldn't affect the price of bread as much as I thought. But, I'm not a broker, or even slightly knowledgeable in this area, so who knows.....This is a site about commodities, which explains the different names for wheat, as well as the different types. http://www.commodityseasonals.com/types_of_wheat.htmThe info below only really applies to wheat grown in the US....although perhaps a lot of it is exported? Kinds of Wheat There are several types of wheat, but they all fall into two main categories. These two categories are spring wheat andwinter wheat. Wheat is grouped by its growing season. There are about thirty species of wheat, but only three are common in the United States. These three are:wheat.Durum Wheat - Durum wheat is used in many pasta products because the wheat holds together when made into a paste. It is a spring wheat and grows in Minnesota, North and South Dakota, and southern Canada.Common Wheat - This is also called "bread wheat" and is the most widely grown type of wheat. It can be either a spring or winter wheat. In the United States, it is grown on the prairies.Club Wheat - It can be either a spring or winter wheat and it is closely related to the common wheat. In the United States, it is grown in the Pacific Northwest.Copied from http://library.thinkquest.org/5443/typesofwheat.html There are also some links on the site which get more specific.Isn't it a different type of wheat?

Guest guest

At 05:14 PM 2/22/2008, you wrote:

Boy, I was way off! Just a continent or two!! LOL

Lynn

Well you see the original Pommies in OZ were

all Prisoners Of Mother England

lol

Jane

Guest guest

At 06:05 PM 2/22/2008, you wrote:

About 20 years ago, when my sister's daughter was young, she would cry

all the time and scream - this scream that pierced your very skull...It

was horrible. They finally found out she was allergic to wheat and gluten

- once she stopped eating it, the crying and screaming quit. Don't know

is she is still allergic. The rest of the family is not, however. Like

you said, some can tolerate it, some can not. Is like that with many

foods....

Lynn

Nothing is BAD or good but thinking makes it

so.

Some people tolerate wheat others

don't.

My 91 yo diabetic husband is not

affected by wheat. But I am. Depends on many things as you know,

many people have become allergic to wheat and wheat gluten but only

because of the way it is prepared these days eh?

Best,

Jane

-

Kenn Johnsen

To:

Re: PASTA LA VISTA, BABY - WORLD

WHEAT SHORTAGES

Wheat is wheat, and it is bad food. I f you ever have taken your

blood sugar, you will know, if you ever have eaten it before some types

of workout, you will know, it does not only gives you no energy....but it

sucks out the energy you had.

Guest guest

At 07:37 PM 2/22/2008, you wrote:

Both are made from wheat - they just use Durum wheat more for pasta.

However, it's all wheat.

Lynn

Well, when you take a blood

sugar drogs ( pills ) you take a steady amount, then it is easy to see

what food effect you the most. And when you do a hard physical

work....such as a power lifting effort, it is easy to feel what food is

bad for you, and which is good. White bread is made of wheat, so what is

the big difference between white bread and pasta.

Den 23/02/2008 kl. 00.55 skrev Jane MacRoss:

" Opinion " as such is not a

very reliable source of information - perhaps some people need a higher

BGL than others - perhaps they function better - who knows! Oh did

we specify WHITE bread - I thought we only specified wheat bread - I

never have white bread in the house ........

-

Kenn Johnsen

To:

WHEAT SHORTAGES

Well....well.....it is only bad thinking there make a thing

bad.......jawol...never heard of any diabetic, when he eats white bread,

his blood sugar does not raise up ( bot now I have )

Nothing is BAD or good but thinking

makes it so.

Some people tolerate wheat others

don't.

My 91 yo diabetic husband is not

affected by wheat. But I am. Depends on many things as you know,

many people have become allergic to wheat and wheat gluten but only

because of the way it is prepared these days eh?

Best,

Jane

-

Kenn Johnsen

To:

WHEAT SHORTAGES

Wheat is wheat, and it is bad food. I f you ever have taken your

blood sugar, you will know, if you ever have eaten it before some types

of workout, you will know, it does not only gives you no energy....but it

sucks out the energy you had.

At 10:52 AM 2/22/2008, you wrote:

I think so....According to several sites, wheat is pretty much wheat,

although depending on the time of year they're grown, apparently can

differ greatly (didn't know that). I know I can make either bread or

pasta from the same flour I get in the store. But, I think the pasta

people probably use more Durum wheat. so, the wheat shortage they must be

talking about, must be Durum, which shouldn't affect the price of bread

as much as I thought. But, I'm not a broker, or even slightly

knowledgeable in this area, so who knows.....

This is a site about commodities, which explains the different names

for wheat, as well as the different types.

http://www.commodityseasonals.com/types_of_wheat.htm

The info below only really applies to wheat grown in the

US....although perhaps a lot of it is exported?

Kinds of Wheat

There are several types of wheat, but they all fall into

two main categories. These two categories are spring wheat andwinter

wheat. Wheat is grouped by its growing season. There are about thirty

species of wheat, but only three are common in the United States. These

three are:wheat.

Durum Wheat - Durum wheat is used in many pasta products

because the wheat holds together when made into a paste. It is a spring

wheat and grows in Minnesota, North and South Dakota, and southern

Canada.

Common Wheat - This is also called " bread wheat " and is the

most widely grown type of wheat. It can be either a spring or winter

wheat. In the United States, it is grown on the prairies.

Club Wheat - It can be either a spring or winter wheat and it is

closely related to the common wheat. In the United States, it is grown in

the Pacific Northwest.

Copied from

http://library.thinkquest.org/5443/typesofwheat.html There

are also some links on the site which get more specific.