IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

soy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi

" hveragerthi "

Did you know that you dont have to give out personal information on the net just

to give a name, any name at all, doesn't have to be your real one, so that

people have a hook to know you by, in this faceless, sometimes too impersonal

cyberworld. Its just a suggestion, and also good netiquette. Makes it a bit more

friendly.

>Soy is not as bad as many of the websites have made it out to be.

>There is a lot of misinformation on soy on the net.

>

I instinctually agree, and you are the first person I have heard back up

your claim with science, though I wouldnt mind knowing where you got

your information. I find a lot of the information about soy to be

sensational, on both sides of the debate. I also understand it is a

pendulum swing from the extremism of the *soy is good for everything* to

*dont touch the stuff*. Where is the good hard science, and how about

the evidence of the natural usage in Asian cultures over centuries,

where soy is always fermented or cooked before use.

I think its probably not so good for infants, I would go for goat after

human milk. However, I choose to eat organic soy products in moderation

(maybe a couple of times a week or less) which is I believe how they

have been traditionally eaten for a long time.

I am not sure about soy milk, so to err on the side of safety, I prefer

cow's. I havn't seen evidence that Asian's have used soy 'milk' as a

part of their diet in the long term.

However, the net is so full of (mis) information, what do you believe?

What are the vested interests?

Crazy world we live in.

peela

Guest guest

Good points Peela (who has the guts to be herself regardless of the past ;-)

Love,

Doc

Ian "Doc" Shillington N.D.727-447-5282Doc

-

peela

herbal remedies

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 5:36 AM

Herbal Remedies - re:soy

Hi"hveragerthi"Did you know that you dont have to give out personal information on the net just to give a name, any name at all, doesn't have to be your real one, so that people have a hook to know you by, in this faceless, sometimes too impersonal cyberworld. Its just a suggestion, and also good netiquette. Makes it a bit more friendly.

Guest guest

All I know is that soy is not for children, it makes them mature faster, because of it's estrogen properties.

Sherry

peela [peela]Friday, April 01, 2005 10:55 PMherbal remedies Subject: Herbal Remedies - soyHi Doc and all,After re-reading Doc's article about soy in the files, which I had forgotten about, I thought I would do some research about the common organic soy products here in Australia. Organic here means it must me GM free, and consumers in Australia (as apparently in Europe also) are very concerned about GM products. Not that that means the big guys wont try to rip us off or hoodwink us. It particularly concerned me that GM and GM free foods may be processed in the same machinery.I found this website. Sanitarium has a pretty good name. What do you think? I mean, they seem to make the claim the beans are clearly separated (fine print further down the page).http://www.sanitarium.com.au/products/dairy-alt/organics.htmlThats just one. I have just emailed VitaSoy to see if their non GE organic soy ever comes in contact with any GM soy, such as being processed in the same factory, or stored nearby.There are directories here in Australia directing people to GM free products. You have piqued my curiosity as to how bad this gets, and if its as bad here in Australia as perhaps over there.Actually, I don't tend to drink soy milk anyway, but thats as far as my research has gone today.What do you think? Do you think they might still be covering things up?This is not covering the health benefits or not of soy, but I have been curious about this issue for a while.PeelaFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

I was also told that soy is not good for men as it upsets the hormonal balance.Can anyone elaborate on this

Tom

-

Sherry

herbal remedies

Sunday, April 03, 2005 2:47 AM

RE: Herbal Remedies - soy

All I know is that soy is not for children, it makes them mature faster, because of it's estrogen properties.

Sherry

peela [peela]Friday, April 01, 2005 10:55 PMherbal remedies Subject: Herbal Remedies - soyHi Doc and all,After re-reading Doc's article about soy in the files, which I had forgotten about, I thought I would do some research about the common organic soy products here in Australia. Organic here means it must me GM free, and consumers in Australia (as apparently in Europe also) are very concerned about GM products. Not that that means the big guys wont try to rip us off or hoodwink us. It particularly concerned me that GM and GM free foods may be processed in the same machinery.I found this website. Sanitarium has a pretty good name. What do you think? I mean, they seem to make the claim the beans are clearly separated (fine print further down the page).http://www.sanitarium.com.au/products/dairy-alt/organics.htmlThats just one. I have just emailed VitaSoy to see if their non GE organic soy ever comes in contact with any GM soy, such as being processed in the same factory, or stored nearby.There are directories here in Australia directing people to GM free products. You have piqued my curiosity as to how bad this gets, and if its as bad here in Australia as perhaps over there.Actually, I don't tend to drink soy milk anyway, but thats as far as my research has gone today.What do you think? Do you think they might still be covering things up?This is not covering the health benefits or not of soy, but I have been curious about this issue for a while.PeelaFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Hi Tom,

Soy contains the plant equivalent of the female hormone Oestrogen. Men are not supposed to have this hormone LOL

love

Lisa

-

SafetyCar

herbal remedies

Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:17 AM

Re: Herbal Remedies - soy

I was also told that soy is not good for men as it upsets the hormonal balance.Can anyone elaborate on this

Tom

-

Sherry

herbal remedies

Sherry

peela [peela]Friday, April 01, 2005 10:55 PMherbal remedies Subject: Herbal Remedies - soyHi Doc and all,After re-reading Doc's article about soy in the files, which I had forgotten about, I thought I would do some research about the common organic soy products here in Australia. Organic here means it must me GM free, and consumers in Australia (as apparently in Europe also) are very concerned about GM products. Not that that means the big guys wont try to rip us off or hoodwink us. It particularly concerned me that GM and GM free foods may be processed in the same machinery.I found this website. Sanitarium has a pretty good name. What do you think? I mean, they seem to make the claim the beans are clearly separated (fine print further down the page).http://www.sanitarium.com.au/products/dairy-alt/organics.htmlThats just one. I have just emailed VitaSoy to see if their non GE organic soy ever comes in contact with any GM soy, such as being processed in the same factory, or stored nearby.There are directories here in Australia directing people to GM free products. You have piqued my curiosity as to how bad this gets, and if its as bad here in Australia as perhaps over there.Actually, I don't tend to drink soy milk anyway, but thats as far as my research has gone today.What do you think? Do you think they might still be covering things up?This is not covering the health benefits or not of soy, but I have been curious about this issue for a while.PeelaFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Do you know if rice milk or oat milk is a good substitute for this as I really don't want to consume too much dairy. I am not scared of dairy but everything in moderation and I consider the habits that most of us westerners have with dairy definitely falls under the excessive category.

Tom

-

Lisa de Haas

herbal remedies

Sunday, April 03, 2005 7:13 PM

Hi Tom,

Soy contains the plant equivalent of the female hormone Oestrogen. Men are not supposed to have this hormone LOL

love

Lisa

-

SafetyCar

herbal remedies

Tom

-

Sherry

herbal remedies

Sherry

peela [peela]Friday, April 01, 2005 10:55 PMherbal remedies Subject: Herbal Remedies - soyHi Doc and all,After re-reading Doc's article about soy in the files, which I had forgotten about, I thought I would do some research about the common organic soy products here in Australia. Organic here means it must me GM free, and consumers in Australia (as apparently in Europe also) are very concerned about GM products. Not that that means the big guys wont try to rip us off or hoodwink us. It particularly concerned me that GM and GM free foods may be processed in the same machinery.I found this website. Sanitarium has a pretty good name. What do you think? I mean, they seem to make the claim the beans are clearly separated (fine print further down the page).http://www.sanitarium.com.au/products/dairy-alt/organics.htmlThats just one. I have just emailed VitaSoy to see if their non GE organic soy ever comes in contact with any GM soy, such as being processed in the same factory, or stored nearby.There are directories here in Australia directing people to GM free products. You have piqued my curiosity as to how bad this gets, and if its as bad here in Australia as perhaps over there.Actually, I don't tend to drink soy milk anyway, but thats as far as my research has gone today.What do you think? Do you think they might still be covering things up?This is not covering the health benefits or not of soy, but I have been curious about this issue for a while.PeelaFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Hi Tom,

I've never tried oat milk, but do know about rice milk. However, the best I can recommend as a substitute is almond milk. If you make it yourself, you can sprout the almonds prior to making the milk, and then you'd have the ideal milk! It's very easy to make:

soak 1 cup of (organic) almonds in 4 cups of distilled water for at least 12 hours. Then simply put the whole mixture in your blender and blend for 2 minutes at least. And voila, you have your milk. I also strain the milk afterwards as I don't like the grit in my milk, but it's not necessary if you do like it that way. Keep the milk in a glass container in the fridge. I find mine lasts about 2 days that way - the third day it doesn't taste very good anymore.

love

Lisa

-

SafetyCar

herbal remedies

Sunday, April 03, 2005 11:17 AM

Do you know if rice milk or oat milk is a good substitute for this as I really don't want to consume too much dairy. I am not scared of dairy but everything in moderation and I consider the habits that most of us westerners have with dairy definitely falls under the excessive category.

Tom

-

Lisa de Haas

herbal remedies

Hi Tom,

love

Lisa

-

SafetyCar

herbal remedies

Tom

-

Sherry

herbal remedies

Sherry

peela [peela]Friday, April 01, 2005 10:55 PMherbal remedies Subject: Herbal Remedies - soyHi Doc and all,After re-reading Doc's article about soy in the files, which I had forgotten about, I thought I would do some research about the common organic soy products here in Australia. Organic here means it must me GM free, and consumers in Australia (as apparently in Europe also) are very concerned about GM products. Not that that means the big guys wont try to rip us off or hoodwink us. It particularly concerned me that GM and GM free foods may be processed in the same machinery.I found this website. Sanitarium has a pretty good name. What do you think? I mean, they seem to make the claim the beans are clearly separated (fine print further down the page).http://www.sanitarium.com.au/products/dairy-alt/organics.htmlThats just one. I have just emailed VitaSoy to see if their non GE organic soy ever comes in contact with any GM soy, such as being processed in the same factory, or stored nearby.There are directories here in Australia directing people to GM free products. You have piqued my curiosity as to how bad this gets, and if its as bad here in Australia as perhaps over there.Actually, I don't tend to drink soy milk anyway, but thats as far as my research has gone today.What do you think? Do you think they might still be covering things up?This is not covering the health benefits or not of soy, but I have been curious about this issue for a while.PeelaFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

the only problem i seem to have is that i suffer with a time problem and along with the rest of the world i still see the need to drink fluid from a teat long after suckling, us humans are the only species on earth who do feel we need milk after weaning but that's what we have been conditioned to believe and its hard to give up.if we were more thankful for the sustenance that we got from food more than the taste then we may be more willing to let go of the dairy.I love a good cheese. Is this the price I pay for having thumbs or do I just accept moderation and enjoy my cheese and enjoy life as a non perfect species.

Tom

-

Lisa de Haas

herbal remedies

Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:21 PM

Hi Tom,

I've never tried oat milk, but do know about rice milk. However, the best I can recommend as a substitute is almond milk. If you make it yourself, you can sprout the almonds prior to making the milk, and then you'd have the ideal milk! It's very easy to make:

soak 1 cup of (organic) almonds in 4 cups of distilled water for at least 12 hours. Then simply put the whole mixture in your blender and blend for 2 minutes at least. And voila, you have your milk. I also strain the milk afterwards as I don't like the grit in my milk, but it's not necessary if you do like it that way. Keep the milk in a glass container in the fridge. I find mine lasts about 2 days that way - the third day it doesn't taste very good anymore.

love

Lisa

-

SafetyCar

herbal remedies

Tom

-

Lisa de Haas

herbal remedies

Hi Tom,

love

Lisa

-

SafetyCar

herbal remedies

Tom

-

Sherry

herbal remedies

Sherry

peela [peela]Friday, April 01, 2005 10:55 PMherbal remedies Subject: Herbal Remedies - soyHi Doc and all,After re-reading Doc's article about soy in the files, which I had forgotten about, I thought I would do some research about the common organic soy products here in Australia. Organic here means it must me GM free, and consumers in Australia (as apparently in Europe also) are very concerned about GM products. Not that that means the big guys wont try to rip us off or hoodwink us. It particularly concerned me that GM and GM free foods may be processed in the same machinery.I found this website. Sanitarium has a pretty good name. What do you think? I mean, they seem to make the claim the beans are clearly separated (fine print further down the page).http://www.sanitarium.com.au/products/dairy-alt/organics.htmlThats just one. I have just emailed VitaSoy to see if their non GE organic soy ever comes in contact with any GM soy, such as being processed in the same factory, or stored nearby.There are directories here in Australia directing people to GM free products. You have piqued my curiosity as to how bad this gets, and if its as bad here in Australia as perhaps over there.Actually, I don't tend to drink soy milk anyway, but thats as far as my research has gone today.What do you think? Do you think they might still be covering things up?This is not covering the health benefits or not of soy, but I have been curious about this issue for a while.PeelaFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Well, it took me 2 years of gradually improving my diet before I was willing to give up the milk LOL. I guess all you can do is take it one step at a time :-)

love

Lisa

-

SafetyCar

herbal remedies

Sunday, April 03, 2005 12:48 PM

the only problem i seem to have is that i suffer with a time problem and along with the rest of the world i still see the need to drink fluid from a teat long after suckling, us humans are the only species on earth who do feel we need milk after weaning but that's what we have been conditioned to believe and its hard to give up.if we were more thankful for the sustenance that we got from food more than the taste then we may be more willing to let go of the dairy.I love a good cheese. Is this the price I pay for having thumbs or do I just accept moderation and enjoy my cheese and enjoy life as a non perfect species.

Tom

-

Lisa de Haas

herbal remedies

Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:21 PM

Hi Tom,

love

Lisa

-

SafetyCar

herbal remedies

Tom

-

Lisa de Haas

herbal remedies

Hi Tom,

love

Lisa

-

SafetyCar

herbal remedies

Tom

-

Sherry

herbal remedies

Sherry

peela [peela]Friday, April 01, 2005 10:55 PMherbal remedies Subject: Herbal Remedies - soyHi Doc and all,After re-reading Doc's article about soy in the files, which I had forgotten about, I thought I would do some research about the common organic soy products here in Australia. Organic here means it must me GM free, and consumers in Australia (as apparently in Europe also) are very concerned about GM products. Not that that means the big guys wont try to rip us off or hoodwink us. It particularly concerned me that GM and GM free foods may be processed in the same machinery.I found this website. Sanitarium has a pretty good name. What do you think? I mean, they seem to make the claim the beans are clearly separated (fine print further down the page).http://www.sanitarium.com.au/products/dairy-alt/organics.htmlThats just one. I have just emailed VitaSoy to see if their non GE organic soy ever comes in contact with any GM soy, such as being processed in the same factory, or stored nearby.There are directories here in Australia directing people to GM free products. You have piqued my curiosity as to how bad this gets, and if its as bad here in Australia as perhaps over there.Actually, I don't tend to drink soy milk anyway, but thats as far as my research has gone today.What do you think? Do you think they might still be covering things up?This is not covering the health benefits or not of soy, but I have been curious about this issue for a while.PeelaFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Which kind of soy product is Tamari soy sauce?jasmina <jalisic579 wrote:

Processed Soy ProductsWhile fermented and unprocessed soy products (like edamame, tempeh and miso) can be quite nutritious, processed soy products fall short.Despite the myriad of health claims that surround them (and tout them as near miracle foods), processed soy foods like soymilk, soy meat products, soy ice cream, soy energy bars, etc., have been linked to: Malnutrition Digestive problems Thyroid dysfunction Cognitive decline Reproductive disorders Immune system breakdowns Heart disease Cancer Says Dr. Kaayla Daniel, author of The Whole Soy Story:"Unlike in Asia where people eat small amounts of whole soybean products, western food processors separate the soybean into two golden commodities--protein and oil. There's nothing safe or natural about this. Today's high-tech processing methods

not only fail to remove the antinutrients and toxins that are naturally present in soybeans but leave toxic and carcinogenic residues created by the high temperatures, high pressure, alkali and acid baths and petroleum solvents."Healthy Alternative: If you want to eat soy, stick to the unprocessed versions (edamame, tempeh, miso) and read labels to avoid the rest.

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

Guest guest

Jasmina,

Thank-You so much for reiterating this info

This is the very reason I stopped eating it

....JOYintheMorning...

_____________jasmina <jalisic579 wrote:

Processed Soy ProductsWhile fermented and unprocessed soy products (like edamame, tempeh and miso) can be quite nutritious, processed soy products fall short.Despite the myriad of health claims that surround them (and tout them as near miracle foods), processed soy foods like soymilk, soy meat products, soy ice cream, soy energy bars, etc., have been linked to: Malnutrition Digestive problems Thyroid dysfunction Cognitive decline Reproductive disorders Immune system breakdowns Heart disease Cancer Says Dr. Kaayla Daniel, author of The Whole Soy Story:"Unlike in Asia where people eat small amounts of whole soybean products, western food processors separate the soybean into two golden commodities--protein and oil. There's nothing safe or natural about this. Today's high-tech processing methods

not only fail to remove the antinutrients and toxins that are naturally present in soybeans but leave toxic and carcinogenic residues created by the high temperatures, high pressure, alkali and acid baths and petroleum solvents."Healthy Alternative: If you want to eat soy, stick to the unprocessed versions (edamame, tempeh, miso) and read labels to avoid the rest.JOY with every heartbeat

Guest guest

I didn't know that. I am wondering about calcium. I switched my children from regular milk to organic, then to soymilk. They also don't eat leafy green vegs. What are some other good ways for calcium?

Also, where can I get the herbs you guys are always writing about, I know I can get them from a health food store but they are so expensive.

Thanks,

Kim

-

DLynn Snow

herbal remedies

Thursday, November 03, 2005 11:32 PM

Which kind of soy product is Tamari soy sauce?jasmina <jalisic579 wrote: Processed Soy ProductsWhile fermented and unprocessed soy products (like edamame, tempeh and miso) can be quite nutritious, processed soy products fall short.Despite the myriad of health claims that surround them (and tout them as near miracle foods), processed soy foods like soymilk, soy meat products, soy ice cream, soy energy bars, etc., have been linked to: Malnutrition Digestive problems Thyroid dysfunction Cognitive decline Reproductive disorders Immune system breakdowns Heart disease Cancer Says Dr. Kaayla Daniel, author of The Whole Soy Story:"Unlike in Asia where people eat small amounts of whole soybean products, western food processors separate the soybean into two golden commodities--protein and oil. There's nothing safe or natural about this. Today's high-tech processing methods not only fail to remove the antinutrients and toxins that are naturally present in soybeans but leave toxic and carcinogenic residues created by the high temperatures, high pressure, alkali and acid baths and petroleum solvents."Healthy Alternative: If you want to eat soy, stick to the unprocessed versions (edamame, tempeh, miso) and read labels to avoid the rest.

Guest guest

Lemon - Egg find in the Files. Excellent natural source for calcium.

regards

jasminaKim <irishgirl75 wrote:

I didn't know that. I am wondering about calcium. I switched my children from regular milk to organic, then to soymilk. They also don't eat leafy green vegs. What are some other good ways for calcium?

Also, where can I get the herbs you guys are always writing about, I know I can get them from a health food store but they are so expensive.

Thanks,

Kim

-

DLynn Snow

herbal remedies

Which kind of soy product is Tamari soy sauce?jasmina <jalisic579 wrote: Processed Soy ProductsWhile fermented and unprocessed soy products (like edamame, tempeh and miso) can be quite nutritious, processed soy products fall short.Despite the myriad of health claims that surround them (and tout them as near miracle foods), processed soy foods like soymilk, soy meat products, soy ice cream, soy energy bars, etc., have been linked to: Malnutrition Digestive problems Thyroid dysfunction Cognitive decline Reproductive disorders Immune system breakdowns Heart disease Cancer Says Dr. Kaayla Daniel, author of The Whole Soy Story:"Unlike in Asia where people eat small amounts of whole soybean products, western food processors separate the soybean into two golden commodities--protein and oil. There's nothing safe or natural about this. Today's high-tech processing methods

not only fail to remove the antinutrients and toxins that are naturally present in soybeans but leave toxic and carcinogenic residues created by the high temperatures, high pressure, alkali and acid baths and petroleum solvents."Healthy Alternative: If you want to eat soy, stick to the unprocessed versions (edamame, tempeh, miso) and read labels to avoid the rest.

Guest guest

I don't know if Doc will agree with me on this, but I have been told by many sources that Soy is not good for children. It has estrogen properties and makes them mature faster..

Sherry

herbal remedies [herbal remedies ]On Behalf Of KimFriday, November 04, 2005 11:22 AMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - soy

Thanks,

Kim

-

DLynn Snow

herbal remedies

Which kind of soy product is Tamari soy sauce?jasmina <jalisic579 wrote: Processed Soy ProductsWhile fermented and unprocessed soy products (like edamame, tempeh and miso) can be quite nutritious, processed soy products fall short.Despite the myriad of health claims that surround them (and tout them as near miracle foods), processed soy foods like soymilk, soy meat products, soy ice cream, soy energy bars, etc., have been linked to: Malnutrition Digestive problems Thyroid dysfunction Cognitive decline Reproductive disorders Immune system breakdowns Heart disease Cancer Says Dr. Kaayla Daniel, author of The Whole Soy Story:"Unlike in Asia where people eat small amounts of whole soybean products, western food processors separate the soybean into two golden commodities--protein and oil. There's nothing safe or natural about this. Today's high-tech processing methods not only fail to remove the antinutrients and toxins that are naturally present in soybeans but leave toxic and carcinogenic residues created by the high temperatures, high pressure, alkali and acid baths and petroleum solvents."Healthy Alternative: If you want to eat soy, stick to the unprocessed versions (edamame, tempeh, miso) and read labels to avoid the rest.

Guest guest

He probably would not agree; most soy is genetically modified to begin with, and I believe that when he checked up on organic soy, he found that no care was taken to separate it from non-organic or genetically modified soy. This means that they could get mixed up, and you could end up with some genetically modified soy, and who knows what that would do! I never give my daughter soy, and I, too, heard about the estrogen properties (my mom used it to help during menopause!).

Hope this helps!

Jayde

-

Sherry

herbal remedies

Friday, November 04, 2005 1:27 PM

I don't know if Doc will agree with me on this, but I have been told by many sources that Soy is not good for children. It has estrogen properties and makes them mature faster..

Sherry

herbal remedies [herbal remedies ]On Behalf Of KimFriday, November 04, 2005 11:22 AMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - soy

I didn't know that. I am wondering about calcium. I switched my children from regular milk to organic, then to soymilk.

Guest guest

Hi Sherry,

I know for a fact that Doc will agree with you. He does NOT recommend soy for anyone, let alone children :-)

love

Lisa

-

Sherry

herbal remedies

Friday, November 04, 2005 9:27 PM

Sherry

Thanks,

Kim

-

DLynn Snow

herbal remedies

Guest guest

I believe Doc would agree, soy is NOT good for anyone... the estogen

problems on top of the processing has this on my personal no-no list.

spot

herbal remedies , " Jayde Ireland "

<jaydeireland@a...> wrote:

>

> He probably would not agree; most soy is genetically modified to

begin with, and I believe that when he checked up on organic soy, he

found that no care was taken to separate it from non-organic or

genetically modified soy. This means that they could get mixed up,

and you could end up with some genetically modified soy, and who

knows what that would do! I never give my daughter soy, and I, too,

heard about the estrogen properties (my mom used it to help during

menopause!).

>

> Hope this helps!

> Jayde

> -

> Sherry

> herbal remedies

> Friday, November 04, 2005 1:27 PM

> RE: Herbal Remedies - soy

>

>

> I don't know if Doc will agree with me on this, but I have been

told by many sources that Soy is not good for children. It has

estrogen properties and makes them mature faster..

> Sherry

>

> herbal remedies

[herbal remedies ]On Behalf Of Kim

> Friday, November 04, 2005 11:22 AM

> herbal remedies

> Re: Herbal Remedies - soy

>

>

> I didn't know that. I am wondering about calcium. I switched

my children from regular milk to organic, then to soymilk.

>

Guest guest

I once read in a Health Magazine I d to that children who

drink soy-milk have thousands of times more Estrogen in their system

than do non-soy-milk drinkers. Flouride(in H2O)also mimics Estrogen.

Conversely; Soy-milk is good when one encounters " menopause " as the

soybean-plant produces Estrogen which helps stop Hot-Flashes.

Soy-milk helps the bones as one ages and soy-milk has natural

Calcium. Tofu is high in protein but should be eaten sparingly esp.

by children. Tamari is fermented pure soybean-sauce...authentic.

I find soymilk to be too watery and not filling compared to milk.

ps concerning celery-juice; try adding ripe-tomatoes/fresh parsley.--

- In herbal remedies , " spotspace " <spotspace>

wrote:

>

> I believe Doc would agree, soy is NOT good for anyone... the

estogen

> problems on top of the processing has this on my personal no-no

list.

> spot

>

> herbal remedies , " Jayde Ireland "

> <jaydeireland@a...> wrote:

> >

> > He probably would not agree; most soy is genetically modified to

> begin with, and I believe that when he checked up on organic soy,

he

> found that no care was taken to separate it from non-organic or

> genetically modified soy. This means that they could get mixed

up,

> and you could end up with some genetically modified soy, and who

> knows what that would do! I never give my daughter soy, and I,

too,

> heard about the estrogen properties (my mom used it to help during

> menopause!).

> >

> > Hope this helps!

> > Jayde

> > -

> > Sherry

> > herbal remedies

> > Friday, November 04, 2005 1:27 PM

> > RE: Herbal Remedies - soy

> >

> >

> > I don't know if Doc will agree with me on this, but I have

been

> told by many sources that Soy is not good for children. It has

> estrogen properties and makes them mature faster..

> > Sherry

> >

> > herbal remedies

> [herbal remedies ]On Behalf Of Kim

> > Friday, November 04, 2005 11:22 AM

> > herbal remedies

> > Re: Herbal Remedies - soy

> >

> >

> > I didn't know that. I am wondering about calcium. I

switched

> my children from regular milk to organic, then to soymilk.

> >

>

Guest guest

I have to say that extra estrogen is not healthy for anyone. Our

environment already has too many xenoestrogens in it and adding

estrogen may help for a while but it will eventually lead to other

problems, including cancer. From what I have read, other hormones may

be deficient. A good book to read on this subject is " What Your Doctor

May Not Tell You About Menopause " by Dr. Lee. Also, soy blocks the

absorbtion of nutrients (especially minerals) so is not helpful in

bone density at all.

Please check this out before consuming or recommending soy to anyone.

http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/index.html

>>Conversely; Soy-milk is good when one encounters " menopause " as the

soybean-plant produces Estrogen which helps stop Hot-Flashes.

Soy-milk helps the bones as one ages and soy-milk has natural

Calcium. <<

Guest guest

http://www.tldp.com/

This is exerpted from The Townsend Letter's archives of the Third

International Soy Symposium.

The large factory farmers have this junk crop. How to turn it into a

profit center; get USDA to exagerate, or just plain lie about its

health benefits.

Tragedy and Hype: The Third International Soy Symposium – Part II

by Sally Fallon and Mary G. Enig, PhD

. ©2000

Phytoestrogens – Panacea or Poison?

The male species of tropical birds carries the drab plumage of the

female at birth and " colors up " at maturity, somewhere between nine

and 24 months. In 1991, Richard and Valerie James, bird breeders in

Whangerai, New Zealand, purchased a new kind of feed for their

birds, one based largely on soy protein.47 When soy-based feed was

used, their birds " colored up " after just a few months. In fact, one

bird food manufacturer claimed that this early development was an

advantage imparted by the feed. A 1992 ad for Roudybush feed formula

showed a picture of the male crimson rosella, an Australian parrot

that acquires beautiful red plummage at 18 to 24 months, already

brightly colored at 11 weeks old.

Unfortunately, in the ensuing years, there was decreased fertility

in the birds with precocious maturation, deformed, stunted and still-

born babies, and premature deaths, especially among females, with

the result that the total population in the avaries went into steady

decline. The birds suffered beak and bone deformities, goitre,

immune system disorders and pathological aggressive behavior.

Autopsy revealed digestive organs in a state of disintegration. The

list of problems corresponded with many of the problems the Jameses

had encountered in their two children, who had been fed soy-based

infant formula.

Startled, aghast, angry…the Jameses hired toxicologist Mike

Fitzpatrick to investigate further. Dr. Fitzpatrick's literature

review uncovered evidence that soy consumption has been linked to

numerous disorders, including infertility, increased cancer and

infantile leukemia; and, in studies dating back to the 1950s,48 that

genistein in soy causes endocrine disruption in animals. Dr.

Fitzpatrick also analyzed the bird feed and found that it contained

high levels of phytoestrogens, especially genistein. When the

Jameses discontinued using soy-based feed, the flock gradually

returned to normal breeding habits and behavior.

The Jameses embarked on a private crusade to warn the public and

government officials about soy foods, particularly the endocrine

disrupting isoflavones (genistein and diadzen.) Protein Technologies

International (PTI) received their material in 1994.

In 1991, Japanese researchers reported that consumption of as little

as 30 grams or 2 tablespoons of soybeans per day for only one month

resulted in a significant increase in thyroid stimulating hormone.49

Diffuse goitre and hypothyroidism appeared in some of the subjects

and many complained of constipation, fatigue and lethargy, even

though their intake of iodine was adequate. In 1997, researchers

from the FDA's National Center for Toxicological Research made the

embarrassing discovery that the goitrogenic components of soy were

the very same isoflavones.50

Twenty-five grams of soy protein isolate, the minimum amount PTI

claimed to have cholesterol-lowering effects, contains at least 50

mg of isoflavones. It took only 45 mg daily of isoflavones in

premenopausal women to exert significant biological effects

including reduction in hormones needed for adequate thyroid

function. These effects lingered for three months after soy

consumption was discontinued.51

One hundred grams of soy protein, the maximum suggested cholesterol-

lowering dose (and the amount recommended by Protein Technologies

International), can contain almost 600 mg of isoflavones,52 an

amount that is undeniably toxic. In 1992, the Swiss health service

estimated that 100 grams of soy protein provided the estrogenic

equivalent of the pill.53

In vitro studies suggest that isoflavones inhibit synthesis of

estradiol and other steroid hormones.54 Reproductive problems,

infertility, thyroid disease and liver disease due to dietary intake

of isoflavones have been observed for several species of animals

including mice, cheetah, quail, pigs, rats, sturgeon and sheep.55

It is the isoflavones in soy that are said to have a favorable

effect on postmenopausal symptoms, including hot flashes and

protection from osteoporosis. Quantification of discomfort from hot

flashes is extremely subjective and most studies show that control

subjects report reduction in discomfort in amounts equal to subjects

given soy.56

The claim that soy prevents osteoporosis is extraordinary, given

that soy foods block calcium and cause vitamin D deficiencies. If

Asians indeed have lower rates of osteoporosis than Westerners, it

is because their diet provides plenty of vitamin D from shrimp, lard

and sea food; and plenty of calcium from bone broths. The reason

that Westerners have such high rates of osteoporosis is because they

have substituted soy oil for butter, which is a traditional source

of vitamin D and other fat-soluble activators needed for calcium

absorption.

Birth Control Pills for Babies

But it was the isoflavones in infant formula that gave the James

family the most cause for concern. In 1998, investigators reported

that the daily exposure of infants to isoflavones in soy infant

formula is six to eleven times higher on a body weight basis than

the dose that has hormonal effects in adults consuming soy foods.

Circulating concentrations of isoflavones in infants fed soy-based

formula were 13,000 to 22,000 times higher than plasma estradiol

concentrations in infants on cows' milk formula.57

Approximately 25% of bottle-fed children in the US receive soy-based

formula – a much higher percentage than in other parts of the

Western world. Fitzpatrick estimated that an infant exclusively fed

soy formula receives the estrogenic equivalent (based on body

weight) of at least five birth control pills per day.58 By contrast,

almost no phytoestrogens have been detected in dairy-based infant

formula or in human milk, even when the mother consumes soy

products.

Scientists have known for years that soy-based formula can cause

thyroid problems in babies. But what are the effects of soy products

on the hormonal development of the infant, both male and female?

Male infants undergo a " testosterone surge " during the first few

months of life, when testosterone levels may be as high as those of

an adult male. During this period, the infant is programmed to

express male characteristics after puberty, not only in the

development of his sexual organs and other masculine physical

traits, but also in setting patterns in the brain characteristic of

male behavior. In monkeys, deficiency of male hormones impairs the

development of spatial perception (which, in humans, is normally

more acute in men than in women), of learning ability and of visual

discrimination tasks (such as would be required for reading.)59 It

goes without saying that future patterns of sexual orientation may

also be influenced by the early hormonal environment. Male children

exposed during gestation to diethylstilbesterol (DES), a synthetic

estrogen that has effects on animals similar to those of

phytoestrogens from soy, had testes smaller than normal on

maturation.60

Learning disabilities and behavioral problems, especially in male

children, have reached epidemic proportions. Soy infant feeding —

which began in earnest in the early 1970s — cannot be ignored as a

probable cause for these tragic developments.

As for girls, an alarming number are entering puberty much earlier

than normal, according to a recent study reported in the journal

Pediatrics.61 Investigators found that one percent of all girls now

show signs of puberty, such as breast development or pubic hair,

before the age of three; by age eight, 14.7% of white girls and

almost 50% of African-American girls had one or both of these

characteristics. New data indicate that environmental estrogens such

as PCBs and DDE (a breakdown product of DDT) may cause early sexual

development in girls.62 In the 1986 Puerto Rico Premature Thelarche

study, the most significant dietary association with premature

sexual development was not chicken — as reported in the press — but

soy infant formula.63 The Woman, Infants and Children (WIC) program,

which supplies free infant formula to welfare mothers, stresses soy

formula for African Americans because they are supposedly allergic

to milk...

....The Next Asbestos?

" Against the backdrop of widespread praise. . . there is growing

suspicion that soy — despite its undisputed benefits — may pose some

health hazards, " writes Marian Burros, a leading food writer for the

New York Times. More than any other writer, Ms. Burros' endorsement

of a lowfat, largely vegetarian diet has herded Americans into

supermarket aisles featuring soy foods. Yet her January 26, 2000

article " Doubts Cloud Rosy News on Soy " contains the following

alarming statement: " Not one of the 18 scientists interviewed for

this column was willing to say that taking isoflavones was risk

free. " Ms. Burros did not enumerate the risks, nor did she mention

that the recommended 25 daily grams of soy protein contain enough

isoflavones to cause problems in sensitive individuals, but it was

evident that the industry had recognized the need to cover itself.

Because the industry is extremely exposed. Contingency lawyers will

soon discover that the number of potential plaintiffs can be counted

in the millions and the pockets are very, very deep. Juries will

hear something like the following: " The industry has known for years

that soy contains many toxins. At first they told the public that

the toxins were removed by processing. When it became apparent that

processing could not get rid of them, they claimed that these

substances were beneficial. Your government granted a health claim

to a substance that is poisonous and the industry lied to the public

to sell more soy. "

The " industry " includes merchants, manufacturers, scientists,

publicists, bureaucrats, former bond financiers, food writers,

vitamin companies and retail stores. Farmers will probably escape

because they were duped like the rest of us. But they need to find

something else to grow before the soy bubble bursts and the market

collapses – grass-fed livestock, designer vegetables…or hemp to make

paper for thousands and thousands of legal briefs.

herbal remedies , Renee <violingirl wrote:

>

> Interesting. Why are you so against soy? I, being allergic to

Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans, milk, and many other things...have to

resort to soy milk when it calls for any type of milk in a recipe

(not often, but sometimes). Usually, I just use water to cook

with, in place of milk or oils. I'm curious to know what the evils

of soy are. thanks!

>

> spotspace <spotspace wrote: ALMOND... through all

that soy in the trash where it belongs.

> do some research and stay far away from the soy.

> blessings..

> spot

>

Guest guest

I am learning that it is very difficult to find soy that is not GM.

So it is scary to try and find soy without it.

Lee

herbal remedies , Renee <violingirl wrote:

>

> Interesting. Why are you so against soy? I, being allergic to

Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans, milk, and many other things...have to

resort to soy milk when it calls for any type of milk in a recipe

(not often, but sometimes). Usually, I just use water to cook

with, in place of milk or oils. I'm curious to know what the evils

of soy are. thanks!

>

> spotspace <spotspace wrote: ALMOND... through all

that soy in the trash where it belongs.

> do some research and stay far away from the soy.

> blessings..

> spot

>

Guest guest

If I can chip in here?

I am pre-menopausal, and had heard about women using soy for this. Well, I have used Doc's Female Formula (off and on), and have done 3 x Total Body Cleanse last year. I also took Soy instead of dairy, but recently discovered that some body problems I've been having were caused by Soy (problems disappeared when I stopped using Soy)! So now I'm using goat's milk - I love it and it's a great alternative! It's also an alkaline-producing food (look on Doc's PH chart in the files) so also helps to improve my PH balance :-)

Doc has posted an article in the files: A bedtime story - the truth about soy; you may want to look at that.

I have read several reviews over the years, and there are a number of suspected, although not (yet) proven, contra-indications of soy. One definite one is that it contains the plant-equivalent of the female hormone Oestrogen - for that reason, soy products are not good for men who are not supposed to ingest the female hormone LOL.

Anyhow, in Europe (I live in UK) GM is illegal - I know our supplier of soy (says they are) committed to ensuring NO GM soy is included in their products and they work hard to ensure their soy does not come in contact with GM soy. Not sure how true this is though.

love

Lisa de Haas

Senior Moderator

-

Renee

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 5:36 PM

Interesting. Why are you so against soy? I, being allergic to Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans, milk, and many other things...have to resort to soy milk when it calls for any type of milk in a recipe (not often, but sometimes). Usually, I just use water to cook with, in place of milk or oils. I'm curious to know what the evils of soy are. thanks!spotspace <spotspace wrote:

ALMOND... through all that soy in the trash where it belongs.do some research and stay far away from the soy.blessings..spot

Guest guest

Read the

book The Whole Soy Story, go to www.soyserviceonline.co.nz,

and research it on www.westonaprice.com

(enter the site, go to Soy Alert link on the side and that will give you lots

of articles) and I think you will feel differently about soy, what it does to

our bodies, how it is HIGHLY processed, has goitrogens in it, blocks mineral

absorption, it is very difficult for our body to digest, actually creates

hormonal imbalances, creates adrenalàthyroid dysfunction, can cause

leaky gut sx or dysbiosisà gas, bloating,

diarrhea/constipation, has been shown occasionally to create an auto-immune

dysfunction, etc.

With Qi,

Joshua

Rubin, OTR/L

You must

BE, before you DO!

-OSHO

Guest guest

What is GM?

-

Lee

herbal remedies

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 6:16 PM

Herbal Remedies - Re: soy

I am learning that it is very difficult to find soy that is not GM. So it is scary to try and find soy without it.Leeherbal remedies , Renee <violingirl wrote:>> Interesting. Why are you so against soy? I, being allergic to Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans, milk, and many other things...have to resort to soy milk when it calls for any type of milk in a recipe (not often, but sometimes). Usually, I just use water to cook with, in place of milk or oils. I'm curious to know what the evils of soy are. thanks!> > spotspace <spotspace wrote: ALMOND... through all that soy in the trash where it belongs.> do some research and stay far away from the soy.> blessings..> spot>

Guest guest

Genetically Modified

-

Bart Wheeler

herbal remedies

Thursday, April 13, 2006 11:34 AM

Re: Herbal Remedies - Re: soy

What is GM?

-

Lee

herbal remedies

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 6:16 PM

Herbal Remedies - Re: soy

I am learning that it is very difficult to find soy that is not GM. So it is scary to try and find soy without it.