DMSO

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks, Kelli, I hope to try it.. : ) I also have some massage clients I'd like

to share it with..

Scott.

> I've hooked other people up with the DTRO as well, including a lot of

> athletic friends of mine, and they absolutely LOVE it! If you get a

> chance, make some up. You won't regret it!

>

> Best,

> Kelli

>

Guest guest

The DMSO has some smell but it's not strong. My husband said he

could taste it but I can't say that I have.

herbal remedies , " bty472460 "

<rosemary.norris@b...> wrote:

>

I've heard that DMSO

> can have a 'garlicy' smell. Did you notice this? I've been

thinking

> of trying it myself, but not sure where to get it from (in UK).

Guest guest

wait until there is enough of it in the body and then it will smell strongly. Remember that DR. Shillington advocates pharmaceutical grade only. all others have too many contaminants in them and are less effective.

Zeb

-

Loretta

herbal remedies

Thursday, March 24, 2005 12:02 PM

Herbal Remedies - Re: DMSO

The DMSO has some smell but it's not strong. My husband said he could taste it but I can't say that I have. herbal remedies , "bty472460" <rosemary.norris@b...> wrote:> I've heard that DMSO> can have a 'garlicy' smell. Did you notice this? I've been thinking> of trying it myself, but not sure where to get it from (in UK).Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Hi Scott,

Let me know what you think when you try it. I gave some to a friend just

last weekend, and he told me about using it on his thumb that had been

hurting him for months, and immediately didn't hurt anymore!

Massage sounds good, but I couldn't imagine getting a full body massage

with it - there's cayenne in the formula. You'd be feeling that massage

for a while!!! LOL!!!

Best,

Kelli

|

| Scott Hales [hales]

| Wednesday, March 23, 2005 9:07 PM

| herbal remedies

| Herbal Remedies - Re: DMSO

|

| Thanks, Kelli, I hope to try it.. : ) I also have some

| massage clients I'd like to share it with..

|

| Scott.

Guest guest

Be extremely careful when using dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO). This is an

industrial solvent derived as a byproduct of the paper industry. DMSO

absorbs through the skin so fast that it will carry anything on the

skin in to the bloodstream with it, such as soap scum. The

application area should be washed thoroughly first with soap and

water. Then clean the area again with rubbing alcohol to remove any

soap scum or potentially harmful substances. The DMSO can then be

applied to the cleaned area.

DMSO is primarily used to decrease pain and inflammation. Though it

has been proposed as a method to introduce injectable medications

without the injections since it will carry medications mixed with it

right in to the bloodstream. Though this is not always a good idea.

There are certain drugs you do not want going in to the bloodstream

that quick. Then there was the lady, Gloria Ramirez, brought in the

emergency room with cancer. When a blood sample was taken crystals

immediately formed in her blood sample, and numerous personnel in the

room fainted and went n to convulsions. It is believed that the DMSO

she was using somehow converted in to the very toxic gas DMSO4

(dimethylsulfate). Since it is unknown how this occurred there is the

obvious point that we are uncertain of how DMSO can interact with

other substances. Until this is known I don't think we will be seeing

DMSO being used for medication delivery.

One final note. Some people use methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) as a

substitute for DMSO. In fact they are closely related. Commercial MSM

is produced by the heating of DMSO. This adds an oxygen atom to the

DMSO forming DMSO2 (dimethylsulfone, MSM). MSM is 34% sulfur by

weight and breaks down in to elemental sulfur in the body. Sulfur is

used in the formation of various proteins such as collagen, elastin,

and keratin. It also aids in the formation of insulin, and assists in

detoxification.

herbal remedies , " Loretta " <momcall>

wrote:

>

>

> I have had trouble with my neck (anyway that is where it starts)

and

> by the next day pain is shooting up the back of my head. Before I

> started using herbs the pain would get unbearable to say the least

> and it would always last for 3 weeks. I have shorted the time and

> nettle with Maca has helped. Someone told me about DMSO and since I

> was in pain today I got some at the feed store. It didn't smell

> that bad so I rub some on, not to mention I was driving at the

> time. It didn't take long for me to understand that stuff is

hot!!!

> Anyway it needs to be diluted before you put it on.

> My question : What does DMSO do besides help the muscle pain?

Guest guest

This is why I recommend using only the USP Pharmaceutical grade rather than the more commercial grades you even find in the health food stores.

Anything you mix with DMSO will also be taken into the body whether it be herbs (good) or fuel oil (bad). You should never use the DMSO that is stored in plastic bottles.

Doc

Ian "Doc" Shillington N.D.727-447-5282Doc

-

hveragerthi

herbal remedies

Saturday, March 26, 2005 6:02 AM

Herbal Remedies - Re: DMSO

Be extremely careful when using dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO). This is an industrial solvent derived as a byproduct of the paper industry. DMSO absorbs through the skin so fast that it will carry anything on the skin in to the bloodstream with it, such as soap scum. The application area should be washed thoroughly first with soap and water. Then clean the area again with rubbing alcohol to remove any soap scum or potentially harmful substances. The DMSO can then be applied to the cleaned area.DMSO is primarily used to decrease pain and inflammation. Though it has been proposed as a method to introduce injectable medications without the injections since it will carry medications mixed with it right in to the bloodstream. Though this is not always a good idea. There are certain drugs you do not want going in to the bloodstream that quick. Then there was the lady, Gloria Ramirez, brought in the emergency room with cancer. When a blood sample was taken crystals immediately formed in her blood sample, and numerous personnel in the room fainted and went n to convulsions. It is believed that the DMSO she was using somehow converted in to the very toxic gas DMSO4 (dimethylsulfate). Since it is unknown how this occurred there is the obvious point that we are uncertain of how DMSO can interact with other substances. Until this is known I don't think we will be seeing DMSO being used for medication delivery.One final note. Some people use methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) as a substitute for DMSO. In fact they are closely related. Commercial MSM is produced by the heating of DMSO. This adds an oxygen atom to the DMSO forming DMSO2 (dimethylsulfone, MSM). MSM is 34% sulfur by weight and breaks down in to elemental sulfur in the body. Sulfur is used in the formation of various proteins such as collagen, elastin, and keratin. It also aids in the formation of insulin, and assists in detoxification.

Guest guest

Just what I needed to know thank you much!!!

g-"Dr. Ian Shillington" <DocShillington wrote:

Thanks for finding this Joy.

I'd also like to add that DMSO is crucial to certain herbal formulae in order to get the bio-chemicals of the herbs where they need to be. It is truly a miracle healer and a catalyst second to none.

Furthermore, this is why it is an integral part of my Deep Tissue Repair Oil, Eye Bright Tincture, Cancer Regimen, Incurables Program, and my Ear Formula (see the Herbal Remedies Files for these formulae).

My own research has also demonstrated that DMSO is essential in and/or contributes to:

1. Will permeate any organic cell wall.

2. Will carry through that cell wall any other bio-chemical you mix with it.

3. Is a free radical fighter second to none.

4. (the most exciting to me) realigns DNA back to the original blue print.

In #1. You have a particular healing agent whick can get to the most unreachable areas of the body.

In #2. When you want to get the bio-chemical properties of a particular herb or healing ingredient into a difficult area, this is the medium to use. Glaucoma, Cataracts, Scar Tissue, Bone Problems, Cancerous Tumors and others can be handled by using DMSO as the catalyst to get these vital bio-chemicals where they need to go. IE. The cell wall of the eye was designed to keep fluids in and everything else out. Healing Herbs such as Cayenne, Eye Bright when mixed with DMSO will actually go through this cell wall and get in there to heal the cornea, the retina, the lens, and every other internal area of the eye.

In #3. Free Radicals created by injuries, cancer and other causes don't stand a chance when DMSO is present, as it will bond to Free Radical Carbon, Oxygen, and Hydrogen almost instantaneously. You can put a drop of DMSO on your big toe and taste it in your mouth in less than 12 seconds - it goes through the body that fast.

In #4. Here we have probably the least researched and yet the most exciting facet of this wonderful product which is made from Pine Trees. Here we have a KEY ingredient that leads to a resolution of Autism, Downes, and all the rest of the Genetic Disorders. I have used it very successfully in this area. I only wish I had the necessary facilities and financing to see this research through to a "DONE"!!! Used in combination with a. Total Body Cleansing b. DMSO c. Oxygenation Therapy used with Inversion Therapy or Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and finally, e. exercise therapy; I firmly believe that Autism could be 100% completely reversed without exception. The Giant Pharmaceuticals and the Medicos (who have the research capabilities and the financing) have no interest in this research because none of the above can be patented,

and it would be for the most part inexpensive compared to other medical procedures and drugs. And yet, the cost is still beyond that of the average citizen and of course is NOT covered by any insurance program. As such, the final research on this will NOT get done until I can get myself into a position where I can finance it completely myself or run into some rich benefactor who is willing to be a working part of the research (can help with the recording of, the administering of, the financing of, etc. etc.).

Permanent benefits from using DMSO are usually noticed within and by the 12th week of use with a program.

CAUTION: ONLY USE USP PHARMACEUTICAL GRADE DMSO WHICH IS STORED IN BROWN GLASS BOTTLES WITH A TEFLON OR WAX TOP !!!

Never use DMSO that has been stored in Plastic!!! DMSO will eventually penetrate its way through plastic including #1 plastic which is normally safe for most liquids including lesser quality distilled water. Even the "Health Food Stores" carry DMSO that is stored in plastic, and sometimes this is in #2 plastic which is no where as stable as the #1. DMSO's characteristic ability of carrying with it whatever is mixed with it also applies to toxic chemicals as well as healthy bio-chemicals, and since it will not distinguish the good from the bad, it'll also carry fuel oil or any other toxin with it into the body. You always want to wash your hands thoroughly and then rinse them in an alcohol / distilled water combination and then air dry if you are going to be using it with bare hands in a massage situation. Using it with bare hands right after one had done an oil

change on their car would be just plain stupid. Ya gotta respect this stuff.

Hope this helps.

Yours in Health and Love,

Doc

Doc Shillington727-447-5282Doc

Current Status of DIMETHYL SULFOXIDE (DMSO)Stanley W. Jacob, M.DGerlinger Professor • Department of Surgery • Oregon Health Sciences University • 3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Road • Mail Code L225 • Portland, Oregon 97201 • (503) 494-8474 • FAX (503) 494-5352March 2002

DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide), as a therapeutic principle, was first introduced to the scientific community in 1963 by a research team headed by Stanley W. Jacob, MD, at the University of Oregon Medical School.While DMSO has been called "the most controversial therapeutic advance of modern times," the controversy seems to be bureaucratic and economic rather than scientific. Over the past forty years, more than 10,000 articles on the biologic implications of DMSO have appeared in the scientific literature and 30,000 articles on the chemistry of DMSO have also been published. The results of these studies strongly support the view that DMSO is a truly significant new therapeutic principle. When organ systems are injured or deteriorate, the damaged tissue produces agents we call "free radicals." These further harm cells and prevent or slow healing. DMSO is a potent scavenger of these radicals, maintaining the normal integrity of cells and tissues. Another important

component of DMSO activity is its synergism with other therapeutic agents. For example, Charles Dake, D.V.M. (Annals of the NY Academy of Sciences, 1967, Vol. 141) found that cats with overwhelming viral infection treated with either DMSO alone or conventional therapy for viral infections all died. When DMSO was combined with standard antiviral treatment, the figures were reversed with the majority of the cats surviving. At this time, DMSO is a respected, approved pharmaceutical agent in more than 125 countries. In 1970, the FDA approved DMSO for the treatment of musculoskeletal disorders in dogs and horses. Many veterinarians consider DMSO to be the most valuable therapeutic substance in their armamentarium. Additionally in 1978, it was approved by the FDA in humans for the therapy of Interstitial Cystitis (a painful disabling urinary bladder inflammation). In many ways, DMSO represents the "aspirin" of our era. If aspirin had been introduced in 1963 with its multiple

properties, it might very well have been similarly restricted in the scope of its application. DMSO became prescriptive for humans in the USSR in 1971. Since that time, it has been widely used in the USSR alone and in combinations. Currently DMSO is employed in the therapy of various musculo-skeletal problems in Russia. Dr. Balabanova of the Moscow Institute of Rheumatology estimates that about 50 percent of the Russian arthritic population receives DMSO as a part of their therapy. There are more than one hundred articles in the world's literature relating to DMSO and arthritis. These include both clinical results and mechanism of action. Among the well-documented pharmacologic properties of DMSO include analgesia, anti-inflammation, softening of scar tissue, hydroxyl radical scavenging, vasodilation, and stimulation of healing.An excellent controlled study was completed by the Japanese Rheumatism Association showing benefit in rheumatoid arthritis (Matsomoto -

Annals of NY Academy of Sciences 1967, Vol. 141, Aritcle 1, 560-569). Twenty university centers were involved.One of the most important questions about any medicinal therapy is safety. Except for nuisance side effects such as odor, the only well-documented, potentially serious side effect is the occasional patient who is allergic. A careful review of the published literature on DMSO show that there is not a single death which can definitely be attributed to this agent.Conservatively, hundreds of millions of patients have been safely treated with DMSO worldwide. DMSO is a substance of extraordinary low toxicity.In 1965, when the FDA halted evaluation of DMSO in the United States, they had data in their files on more than 100,000 patients submitted by approximately 1,500 physicians in our country showing safety and effectiveness. The pharmaceutical companies submitting the aforementioned data were Merck, Syntex, and Squibb. This occurred in 1965.When we

discuss DMSO, we are talking about an agent which not only relieves pain, but has multiple well-documented effects in a variety of illnesses. DMSO possesses lifesaving potential in stroke and head injuries (JC de la Torre - Annals of NY Academy of Sciences 1975, vol 243). In multiple lower animal studies, DMSO prevents indefinite paralysis following severe spinalcord contusions. Since 1965, about 300,000 people in this country have sustain spinal cord injuries. Many remain paralyzed. The early effective use of DMSO might have prevented theses tragedies. More recently, Karaca (European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 1991, vol 40:113-114) & Kulai (Neurchirurgia 1990, Vol 33: 177-180) report on the value of intravenouse DMSo in the management of brain swelling and intracranial pressure in patients with the severe closed head injury. Currently, we are studying DMSO and fructose diphosphate in rodents for the therapy of Alzheimers' Disease.Today, DMSO is an effective

treatment for many illnesses for which we have no other therapy. It is safer, less expensive, and at least as effective for a variety of problems for which we are presently using other, less effective, and more costly treatments. In 1972 the National Academy of Sciences evaluated the scientific data on DMSO and concluded it was a least as effective as currently approved treatments for three musculoskeletal inflammatory problems in man.We have employed a mixture of DMSO and DMSO2 for the therapy of fibromyalgia. Patients are treated with intravenous, oral, and topical routes. It requires approximately two months before any benefit occurs. Seventy percent of our patients with fibromyalgia improve.Published articles on DMSO have show benefit in the following entities:

Interstitial Cystitis

Scleroderma

Raynaud's Phenomenon

Lupus Rheumatoid Arthritis

Degenerative Arthritis

Ulcerative Colitis

Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy

Diabetic Ulcerations

Burns

Scar Tissue

Adjunct in Plastic Surgery

© 2001-2003 All rights reserved

Guest guest

Yer very welcome ;-)

Glad I could help.

Love,

Doc

-

garrett fisk

herbal remedies

Thursday, August 18, 2005 2:27 PM

Re: Herbal Remedies - DMSO

Just what I needed to know thank you much!!!

g-"Dr. Ian Shillington" <DocShillington wrote:

I'd also like to add that DMSO is crucial to certain herbal formulae in order to get the bio-chemicals of the herbs where they need to be. It is truly a miracle healer and a catalyst second to none.

Furthermore, this is why it is an integral part of my Deep Tissue Repair Oil, Eye Bright Tincture, Cancer Regimen, Incurables Program, and my Ear Formula (see the Herbal Remedies Files for these formulae).

My own research has also demonstrated that DMSO is essential in and/or contributes to:

1. Will permeate any organic cell wall.

2. Will carry through that cell wall any other bio-chemical you mix with it.

3. Is a free radical fighter second to none.

4. (the most exciting to me) realigns DNA back to the original blue print.

Guest guest

Dear Neil,

An excellent article though a little misleading as to where to get the "good stuff".

The highest quality DMSO is USP Pharmaceutical Grade and is a little pricey compared to the store bought commercial stuff which is very cheap and usually contaminated with plastic if not other things. The USP is still far more affordable than Pharmaceutical Drugs though. Much cheaper!!!

This USP Pharmaceutical Grade is what I use in the Deep Tissue Repair Oil, Ear Formula, Eye Formula, etc. It is remarkable stuff and I've had tremendous success in using it on all kinds of patients including Cancer Patients.

It is also the only way one can get the biochemical properties of certain herbs through the cell wall of the eye in order to handle cataracts and glaucoma.

Wonderful stuff.

In Health and Love,

Doc

-

YDOUASKME

herbal remedies

Sunday, November 20, 2005 10:20 AM

Herbal Remedies - DMSO

I just found out about DMSOhttp://www.emmessar.com/chemical/company/p3.htmAnyone ever use it?Please respond with all experiences!Thanks....info on reliable supplier would also be helpful!Yours in HEALTHNeil

Guest guest

Dear Krys,

I also purchase my DMSO through Doc's company " Organic Solutions " and I

order the 1/2 Liter size when I do. The reason that is on the label is

to keep the FDA happy.

The FDA does not like cheap remedies that can not be patented where

they and the Pharmaceuticals can't make any money off of them. The

same thing goes for Comfrey and Chaparral. If you make your own

remedies and then turn around and sell them, you want to cover your

butt by putting that on the label.

As is usual, whatever is good for you and your family but can't profit

the FDA, Big Pharma, and the International Bankers is frowned upon.

Hope this answers it for you.

Peace,

June

herbal remedies , " harliedane " <harlydane

wrote:

>

> Hi,

>

> I've been looking thru the files and I see DMSO listed for a lot of

> different ailments. However, the bottle I have, which I purchased

> from Organic Solutions, says 'for external use only'. Why is it

> suggested for so many internal applications if your only supposed to

> use it externally?

>

> Thanks

> Krys

>

Guest guest

Thanks June,

I suspected that was the answer. Just wanted to check.

Krys

Dear Krys,I also purchase my DMSO through Doc's company "Organic Solutions" and I order the 1/2 Liter size when I do. The reason that is on the label is to keep the FDA happy.The FDA does not like cheap remedies that can not be patented where they and the Pharmaceuticals can't make any money off of them. The same thing goes for Comfrey and Chaparral. If you make your own remedies and then turn around and sell them, you want to cover your butt by putting that on the label.As is usual, whatever is good for you and your family but can't profit the FDA, Big Pharma, and the International Bankers is frowned upon.Hope this answers it for you.Peace,Juneherbal remedies , "harliedane" <harlydane wrote:>> Hi,> > I've been looking thru the files and I see DMSO listed for a lot of > different ailments. However, the bottle I have, which I purchased > from Organic Solutions, says 'for external use only'. Why is it > suggested for so many internal applications if your only supposed to > use it externally?> > Thanks> Krys>

Guest guest

Hi Krys!

DMSO is such a cure-all that the big pharma's do not want it to be given to people because they cannot make money on it.

I have used DMSO externally - Vet Grade - since the 1960's.

For internal use I use the glass jar 99.9% USP grade. Sometimes hard to find DMSO in glass. DMSO is such a good solvent it will leach out the plastic containers.

You have probably heard about MSM and its great abilities, DMSO is closely related.

LoveBobAdageyudiStaya Udanvti

"harliedane" harlydane Fri May 12, 2006 7:46am(PDT) DMSOHi,I've been looking thru the files and I see DMSO listed for a lot of different ailments. However, the bottle I have, which I purchased from Organic Solutions, says 'for external use only'. Why is it suggested for so many internal applications if your only supposed to use it externally?ThanksKrys

Guest guest

Ok... newbie asking for a little enlightenment... lol... DMSO is...what? And how about MSM? Thanks!Love to All,~RaavenStaya Udanvti Bob Butler <CherokeeBo wrote: Hi Krys! DMSO is such a cure-all that the big pharma's do not want it to be given to people because they cannot make money on it. You have probably heard about MSM and its great abilities, DMSO is closely related. LoveBobAdageyudiStaya Udanvti *Raaven* :o)Love Always To All Living~e j lanierArtist and Believer*Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.*~ A. Einstein

New Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.

Guest guest

Hi Raaven!

Your answer is so complex I need to send to two website's to read.

Then I will answer your specific questions after you touch on some of the basics.

DMSO = dimethyl sulfoxide

DMSO is a solvent and can carry other supplements into the body. It is not licensed for human consumption.

http://www.dmso.org/

MSM = methylsulfonylmethane (made from DMSO)

http://www.arthritis.org/resources/arthritistoday/1999_archives/1999_11_12explorations.asp

I have used DMSO since the 1960's when my bro in law's 1500# mule crushed his foot. He was a dude ranch wrangler and could not take off to heal so he used the only thing available in the Pecos Wilderness of New Mexico, DMSO that he effectively used on his animals.

I did not see him for about three weeks and when I did he was completely healed and walking normal. The only down side was it had blistered his skin and his foot looked pink.

LoveBobAdageyudiStaya Udanvti

********************************************************************************

"Emily Joy Lanier" raavenart Thu May 18, 2006 9:26am(PDT) Re: DMSOOk... newbie asking for a little enlightenment... lol... DMSO is...what? And how about MSM? Thanks!Love to All,~RaavenStaya Udanvti Bob Butler <CherokeeBo wrote: Hi Krys! DMSO is such a cure-all that the big pharma's do not want it to be given to people because they cannot make money on it. You have probably heard about MSM and its great abilities, DMSO is closely related. LoveBobAdageyudiStaya Udanvti *Raaven* :o)Love Always To All Living~e j lanierArtist and Believer*Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.*~ A. Einstein

Guest guest

As a chemist, there are certain chemicals that have to be used with extreme caution. One is DMSO. Non toxic for sure, but it has the ability to penetrate the skin very very fast and if something is dissolved in it, it brings it into the body. Make sure skin is very very clean before using it. Any perfumes, cosmetics etc on the body are a no no!

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.

Guest guest

Dear Claire,

While I agree that one should use DMSO with care and under pristine conditions, I don't think we need to get "scary" about it. Let's leave the scare tactics up to the Medicos. This is what they specialize in.

As long as one knows what one is doing and you educate yourself, DMSO is a tremendous tool. DMSO is in my EyeBright Formula and is safe for anyone in the amounts that are in there. I repeat, anyone could use it!

The major caution with DMSO is to not mix it with anything harmful such as axel grease and such like. Whatever you mix with DMSO will go with it when it pentrates the cell wall. Sooooooo, it'll take the good and the bad. When used with the EyeBright Formula, you'll find a resolution to cataracts, glaucoma etc.

There is no need to be overly "careful" as long as one is smart about it. Putting a drop of DMSO directly into the eyes would NOT be advisable, though most likely would be harmless. It'd sting like hell for one reason.

Doc

-

medusa569

herbal remedies

Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:59 PM

Herbal Remedies - DMSO

A word of caution for newbies.....I would not want to have my first experiences with dmso to be asociated with my eyes! For such a fragile area one must take great care with new products.

Get a sample of dmso and test it on your arm for a reaction first before you go putting it in

more sensitiv areas of your body. We must not forget this is after all a very potent chemical that is used as a commerical cleaner as well and to not give any words of caution when suggesting a modality is IMO negiligence to say the least. It is all well and get to get personal experiences with any product but I find it very unfortunate there is not the same care in mentioning *all* the facts of a substance. Even though I have used DMSO instilled in the bladder and topically I still personally would not care to experiment with my eyesight with it when the same problem of epidermal penetration is not a problem.

If you do want to try it for eye affect might I suggest you apply it to the hollow before the nape of the neck where it will seep into the blood/nerve supply. ( after skin testing first!) my two cents.

claire

Guest guest

Lemme know if you find a good source. I'd like to start adding this to

nebulizer formulas. It's a terrific solvent and allows deep penetration of

whatever you combine it with e.g. glutathione or colloidal silver. I'm

looking for some more cases of its safe use before using it this way though.

So far it's just internet anecdotes. That means it must be true right...?

Tim Sharpe

On Behalf Of alexander zide

Monday, May 21, 2007 2:42 PM

DMSO

Sorry it is not related to TCM, but anybody knows good supplier for DMSO.

Thank you. Alex Zide L.Ac.

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.

Play Sims Stories at Games.

Guest guest

Tim,

I thought DMSO was pretty toxic??? I would be leery of inhaling it with a

nebulizer. What have you heard about this method?

-Jason

_____

On Behalf Of Tim Sharpe

Saturday, May 26, 2007 2:09 PM

RE: DMSO

Lemme know if you find a good source. I'd like to start adding this to

nebulizer formulas. It's a terrific solvent and allows deep penetration of

whatever you combine it with e.g. glutathione or colloidal silver. I'm

looking for some more cases of its safe use before using it this way though.

So far it's just internet anecdotes. That means it must be true right...?

Tim Sharpe

@ <%40>

[@ <%40>

] On Behalf Of alexander zide

Monday, May 21, 2007 2:42 PM

@ <%40>

DMSO

Sorry it is not related to TCM, but anybody knows good supplier for DMSO.

Thank you. Alex Zide L.Ac.

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.

Play Sims Stories at Games.

Guest guest

It may be. I've read accounts of people using it in nebulizers to help

medicine penetrate more deeply, similar to menthol in TCM ointments. Like I

said in my original post - I'm not planning on using it like this unless I

learn a lot more about it. I was basically putting the idea out there to

see if anyone was familiar with the practice. I have no doubt that it would

be effective, but as you mention - it's certainly not worth it if it causes

toxic reactions (DMSO is basically a solvent byproduct of the textile

industry). However raising the conversation may spark an idea about another

compound that can safely serve the same purpose.

-Tim

On Behalf Of

Saturday, May 26, 2007 8:10 PM

Tim,

-Jason

Guest guest

Peoples Herbs sells dmso and lots of chinese medicinal and mushroom powders.

they are in

Portland Or.

1-800-270-5760. I don't think they have a website.

Phil Cusick, L.Ac.

Guest guest

Here is a group of DMSO users at

http://health.DimethylSulfoxide-DMSO

Here is what they say about it

" DMSO is similar to MSM, which is DMSO with one more atom of oxygen.

The book DMSO Nature's Healer by Dr. Morton Walker is highly

recommended reading and covers the history, political controversy and

use of DMSO. It answers many questions on efficacy and safety. Dr.

Stanley Jacob, who developed DMSO for organ transport in the 70's is

at the University of Oregon and writing a 16 volume set on DMSO. This

substance is a potential life saver in many trauma situations

including spinal cord injury, stroke and heart attack. It has been

dubbed a " cell normalizer " and has been demonstrated to make cancer

cells revert to normal in vitro. DMSO can be used to extract herbs in

place of alcohol so that the resulting extracts can be applied

topically rather than taken orally, a distinct advantage in many

situations. There are many ways and reasons to use DMSO " .

I have seen it used IV with animals and of course topically. My

hands on experience is limited to those applications - This might be

a good place to start your research.

Gloria Garland L.Ac., Dipl. Ac. & Ch.

Licensed Acupuncturist & Chinese Herbalist

Whole Horse Herbs www.wholehorse.com

559-683-4434

Guest guest

I heard something on a news documentary several years ago about someone giving

DMSO to a horse and it crystallized it's liver or kidneys...may have just been

an overdose thougjh.

I would be wary and research any solvents carefully as solvents such as Benzene

have been shown to be a CF in Leukemia.

http://www.horses-and-horse-information.com/articles/0200dmso.shtml

DMSO Warning:

http://poisonivy.aesir.com/view/warnings.html

and something more positive:

http://www.angelfire.com/ca6/asi/dmso.htm

Mike Eidson

-

Tim Sharpe

Sunday, May 27, 2007 1:23 PM

[sPAM] RE: DMSO

It may be. I've read accounts of people using it in nebulizers to help

medicine penetrate more deeply, similar to menthol in TCM ointments. Like I

said in my original post - I'm not planning on using it like this unless I

learn a lot more about it. I was basically putting the idea out there to

see if anyone was familiar with the practice. I have no doubt that it would

be effective, but as you mention - it's certainly not worth it if it causes

toxic reactions (DMSO is basically a solvent byproduct of the textile

industry). However raising the conversation may spark an idea about another

compound that can safely serve the same purpose.

-Tim

On Behalf Of

Saturday, May 26, 2007 8:10 PM

Tim,

-Jason

Guest guest

I have used DMSO topically for a number of years without adverse

effects. I use it judiciously, usually with a few high quality

essential oils, with all the usual safety precautions.

However you asked about other solvents, and one that is quite similar

with quite a bit of martial arts topical use is turpentine. You can

get UPC pharmaceutical grade turpentine, which penetrates deeper than

most of the other solvents for external apps.

(Frankly I would rather use DMSO, but both are pine extracts that work

as deep carriers.)

Guest guest

Absolutely! My only actual clinical experience with this though was on

a Black Lab Dog, which had been attacked by a pack of Coyotes. A fist

sized chunk (and I have a big fist ;-) had been ripped out of the

shoulder of this dog, and using my Total Healing Poultice Powder and

DMSO, we put the whole shoulder back together. After 6 months not only

was there no scar, but all the hair grew back as well.

I wish I'd taken pictures, as it is the most dramatic natural healing

phenomenon I've ever seen.

Love,

Doc

russo wrote:

Hey Doc,

Would the re structure to normal DNA that DMSO is

capable of make it a good therapy for scars?

My 7 year old has a huge scar on his arm

from 3 surgical procedures! :^o (Before I knew better, before

I found you guys!)

Anella

Guest guest

years ago when I cared for horses, we would use DMSO with antibiotic

creams for open wounds. The theory was that it was a penetrating

agent. Fantastic stuff, wounds would heal without scars. Having said

that, I have no idea if there are any dangers to its use.

Karen

fiammasita wrote:

> has anyone any knowledge of topical DMSO for pain relief? a patient

> asked me about it, and

> i'm fairly unfamiliar. he has fibromyalgia.

>

> thanks!

> fiamma

>

>

>

>------

>

>Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.

>

>Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.1/965 - Release 21/08/2007

16:02

>

>