IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

DMSO

Rate this topic

Guest guest

DMSO is extremely safe it can be used as an injectable to prolong the penetration and 1/2 life of steroids. It is excellent as an inject for scar tissue as well.

Alon

Guest guest

Z'ev wrote:

Wasn't DMSO the substance being used as an alternative AIDS/HIV treatment a

number of years ago? I remember it being touted by ACT-UP (I think that was

the name) and other groups.

Z'ev, that was DNCB. I'm still curious about it.

==============================

Peter L. Borten, L.Ac.

4004 SW Kelly Avenue, Ste 201

Portland, Oregon 97201

http://www.whiteflowerhealing.com/

==============================

Guest guest

Or do you need to use DMSO as the sole

solvent when making DMSO extracts?

>>>>No you do not but i do not know about glycerin and DMSO.

Alon

Guest guest

A bit of useful info: a friend of mine was held and interrogated for six

hours at a U.S. airport, until security officials determined that the

" explosive " detected on her hands and laptop was actually the glycerin in

her hand cream. The machines have somewhat indiscriminate sensitivity, it

seems. Might be worth mentioning if you are giving such topicals to

patients who travel a lot.

Pat

does anyone know if its OK to mix an alcohol glycerin herbal extract

used as a topical with a DMSO gel. the herb is lobelia, which is used

as an external rub, but I am curious about driving it deeper with DMSO.

Is there any problem with the fact that there would be alcohol and

glycerin in the mixture? Or do you need to use DMSO as the sole

solvent when making DMSO extracts? Thomas?

Chinese Herbs

FAX:

Guest guest

They are definitely NOT the same Janet. :)

Kelli

Janet [ebbs] Friday, September 10, 2004 11:23 AMherbal remedies Subject: Herbal Remedies - DMSO

Someone recently told me that MSM is the same as DMSO. What do you think? And if it is the same, can I use MSM in the Deep Tissue Repair Oil?

Thanks, Janet

Guest guest

The development of MSM as a dietary supplement stemmed from research on DMSO. As a stable, odorless dietary metabolite of DMSO, MSM possesses certain biomedical properties similar to DMSO, together with additional biological activity not possessed by DMSO. MSM, unlike DMSO, is a dietary factor and is free of the unpleasant odor found with the use of DMSO. MSM, like DMSO, enhances urinary taurine secretion produced by aromatic hydrocarbons in man and neutralizes the toxicity of anticholinesterases, thereby providing protection against insecticide exposure or ingestion. Kelli Bever <kelli wrote:

Kelli

Janet [ebbs] Friday, September 10, 2004 11:23 AMherbal remedies Subject: Herbal Remedies - DMSO

Someone recently told me that MSM is the same as DMSO. What do you think? And if it is the same, can I use MSM in the Deep Tissue Repair Oil?

Thanks, JanetFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr.

Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

MSM has many of DMSO's beneficial effects - and indeed the fraction of DMSO converted to MSM may be the most active part. It is held longer in the body, perhaps an indication that is is being used, bound by body tissues - it is certainly available to the body for longer. It does not have the ability to carry medications or other substances through the skin as a solvent, and may not have the same antioxidant properties as DMSO. It is itself absorbed via the skin however, making MSM very useful for local applicationJasmina Alisic <jalisic579 wrote:

The development of MSM as a dietary supplement stemmed from research on DMSO. As a stable, odorless dietary metabolite of DMSO, MSM possesses certain biomedical properties similar to DMSO, together with additional biological activity not possessed by DMSO. MSM, unlike DMSO, is a dietary factor and is free of the unpleasant odor found with the use of DMSO. MSM, like DMSO, enhances urinary taurine secretion produced by aromatic hydrocarbons in man and neutralizes the toxicity of anticholinesterases, thereby providing protection against insecticide exposure or ingestion. Kelli Bever <kelli wrote:

Kelli

Thanks, JanetFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr.

Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of

NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Wow, lots of excellent data!

I think, though, that MSM is not a substitute for DMSO in things such as deep tissue repair oil. Do you agree Jasmina?

Kelli

Jasmina Alisic [jalisic579] Friday, September 10, 2004 12:03 PMherbal remedies Subject: RE: Herbal Remedies - DMSO

MSM has many of DMSO's beneficial effects - and indeed the fraction of DMSO converted to MSM may be the most active part. It is held longer in the body, perhaps an indication that is is being used, bound by body tissues - it is certainly available to the body for longer. It does not have the ability to carry medications or other substances through the skin as a solvent, and may not have the same antioxidant properties as DMSO. It is itself absorbed via the skin however, making MSM very useful for local application

Guest guest

Hello I would like to know why suddenly some messages are not getting

posted? For some reason some of the people here get to post their ideas

and others don't

I need some answers

Deana

>

Guest guest

Yes I do agree. The difference is that DMSO CAN GO THROUGH CELL WALL AND CARRY WHAT CELL NEEDS TO BE HEALED.

Regards

JasminaKelli Bever <kelli wrote:

Wow, lots of excellent data!

I think, though, that MSM is not a substitute for DMSO in things such as deep tissue repair oil. Do you agree Jasmina?

Kelli

Jasmina Alisic [jalisic579] Friday, September 10, 2004 12:03 PMherbal remedies Subject: RE: Herbal Remedies - DMSO

MSM has many of DMSO's beneficial effects - and indeed the fraction of DMSO converted to MSM may be the most active part. It is held longer in the body, perhaps an indication that is is being used, bound by body tissues - it is certainly available to the body for longer. It does not have the ability to carry medications or other substances through the skin as a solvent, and may not have the same antioxidant properties as DMSO. It is itself absorbed via the skin however, making MSM very useful for local applicationFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave

themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Hi Deana,

If anyone's post is ever rejected by a moderator, they are contacted and told

why. (This happens VERY SELDOM.) Other than that, the only other reason posts

wouldn't make it to the group would be because of glitches throughout the system

- users email, network, , etc. Unfortunately, there's no way for the

moderators to track any of those causes down.

Believe me, there's no intent to censor anyone's views from this group. We only

enforce the group policies, and that's it.

Best,

Kelli

Group Moderator

|

| Deana [squeekyme]

| Saturday, September 11, 2004 7:31 AM

| herbal remedies

| Re: Herbal Remedies - DMSO

|

| Hello I would like to know why suddenly some messages are not getting

| posted? For some reason some of the people here get to post

| their ideas

| and others don't

|

Guest guest

Deana

That is because this list is moderated. Each post must be screened before

it gets to the general list. Some e lists are like that.

Lynn

-

" Deana " <squeekyme

<herbal remedies >

Saturday, September 11, 2004 10:31 AM

Re: Herbal Remedies - DMSO

> Hello I would like to know why suddenly some messages are not getting

> posted? For some reason some of the people here get to post their ideas

> and others don't

>

> I need some answers

> Deana

>

>>

>

>

>

>

> Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following:

> 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire.

> 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural

> remedy.

> 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and

> to

> prescribe for your own health.

> We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long

> as

> they behave themselves.

> Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any

> person

> following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk.

> It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from

> list members, you are agreeing to

> be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and

> members free of any liability.

>

> Dr. Ian Shillington

> Doctor of Naturopathy

> Dr.IanShillington

>

Guest guest

Lets keep this simple. MSM is the sulfur contianed in DMSO but it is

not from DMSO. Most MSM is not derived from corn. All vegetables

contain MSM, however processing destroys most of it. MSM is 34%

biologically available sulfur. MSM however cannot penetrate the

fatty layer under the skin. MSM is good for deep tissue repair when

taken internally.

James

Guest guest

Hi

MSM! are we talking Monosodium Glutamate?

Regards

Jeff

-

bigmuddie2001

herbal remedies

Monday, September 13, 2004 11:09 PM

Lets keep this simple. MSM is the sulfur contianed in DMSO but it is not from DMSO. Most MSM is not derived from corn. All vegetables contain MSM, however processing destroys most of it. MSM is 34% biologically available sulfur. MSM however cannot penetrate the fatty layer under the skin. MSM is good for deep tissue repair when taken internally.JamesFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

No! It's methylsulfonylmethane. Hard enough to type, I wouldn't try saying it! ;)

Kelli

Jeffrey Sutton [suttjef] Tuesday, September 14, 2004 4:56 AMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - DMSO

Hi

MSM! are we talking Monosodium Glutamate?

Regards

Jeff

Guest guest

Thank you all for your replies to my question about the DMSO/MSM decision. The info you posted is exactly what I needed.

Janet [ebbs] Friday, September 10, 2004 2:23 PMherbal remedies Subject: Herbal Remedies - DMSO

Thanks, JanetFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Call Doc he has.

regards

JasminaRob Combis <rcombis wrote:

Where can one purchase high quality DMSO, sold in a glass container, as is recommended??Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any

liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Here is Doc's article on DMSO... it is Pharmaceutical grade not the solvent

you are referring to.

DMSO

DMSO is Dimethylsulfoxide and is processed from pine trees. Commercial grade

is used as a solvent and works wonderfully that way. The pharmaceutical

grade has been used very successfully with Down Syndrome children, Cancer

patients, glaucoma, cataracts, and just about any other ill we humans have

mocked up. It is a catalyst second to none as it has the ability to permeate

any cell wall existing, including bone and external eye tissue. You can put

a drop on your big toe and taste it in your mouth in anywhere from 8 to 12

seconds. Amazing stuff. One of its greatest characteristics is the ability

to take herbal biochemicals with it when it passes through these cell walls.

This gets the 'goodies' where they are needed fast. It also happens to be a

free radical fighter without peer and bonds to free radical hydrogen,

oxygen, and carbon atoms and neutralizes them instantly. Most exciting to me

is that it also happens to help realign DNA back to the original blueprint.

The above are the main reasons it is in my anti-plague formulation. There

are over 75 different sulfur compounds in Garlic which is a main ingredient

in the Total Tonic Formula. Garlic is " Nature's antibiotic " and used with

the DMSO will get in there and knock off bacteria, viruses, and fungi at a

tremendous rate.

You should be able to get the USP Pharmaceutical Grade at your local drug

store or possibly at your local Heathfood store. If you can't, give me a

call or e- mail me privately. A lot of " healthfood stores " carry a very

inferior brand in plastic. Do not buy this type. DMSO will eventually

dissolve plastic over a long period of time. The USP Pharmaceutical grade is

stored in brown glass with either a teflon or wax top. This is the variety

that is used by the Sierra Clinic to inject into Down Syndrome children to

correct that condition.

Hope this helps.

Much love,

Doc

apchat2000 [apchat]

Wednesday, January 12, 2005 2:31 PM

herbal remedies

I'm a chemist. It's dimethyl sulfoxide.

I haven't read about anyone eating it, but can't imagine anyone

wanting to or that it's healthy for you. I did my master's with it

(it's an organic solvent), and it stripped off the coating of my

brand new sneakers when I splashed some of it during a transfer to a

small container (careless, I know).

Glenn

>

> topenchilada wrote:

>

> > What is DMSO?

> > Sorry for the dumb question.

> >

> > " Dr. Ian Shillington " <DocShillington@K...> wrote:

Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following:

1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire.

2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural

remedy.

3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and to

prescribe for your own health.

We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as

they behave themselves.

Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person

following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk.

It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from

list members, you are agreeing to

be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and

members free of any liability.

Dr. Ian Shillington

Doctor of Naturopathy

Dr.IanShillington

Guest guest

DMSO is very healthy for you as long as you use the USP Pharmaceutical Grade.

This is what is used in the Sierra Clinic in Mexico on Down Syndrome Children.

I've taken as much as 2 oz in a shot glass with no adverse effects whatsoever.

Albeit, it WILL permeate many things. That is one of its better characteristics.

1. DMSO will go through any cell wall.

2. DMSO will take whatever you mix with it through any cell wall.

3. DMSO is a Free Radical Fighter second to none.

4. DMSO will realign DNA back to the original blueprint which is why it works on Downs cases. This does take an intensive program however and a lot of work.

Best regards,

Doc

Ian "Doc" Shillington N.D.727-447-5282Doc

-

apchat2000

herbal remedies

Wednesday, January 12, 2005 3:30 PM

I'm a chemist. It's dimethyl sulfoxide.I haven't read about anyone eating it, but can't imagine anyone wanting to or that it's healthy for you. I did my master's with it (it's an organic solvent), and it stripped off the coating of my brand new sneakers when I splashed some of it during a transfer to a small container (careless, I know).Glenn> > topenchilada wrote:> > > What is DMSO?> > Sorry for the dumb question.> >> > "Dr. Ian Shillington" <DocShillington@K...> wrote:Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

As I understand it, it's a solvent, and will tend to carry whatever it is mixed

with it, into

your body much faster. You want to make sure the container it's in is not

something that

might have toxic off-gassing or something, probably a glass container would be

good..

also,that the DMSO itself is pure, because any impurities rapidly will be

carried into your

body.

Try icing the trigger point in your neck. Or you can alternate ice and hot

showers or hot

packs/waterbottles.

Essential herbs might help, there is also a recipe in the files section for

Doc's Deep Tissue

Oil, that I'd like to try, that sounds perfect:

http://tinyurl.com/6tawq

You can make your own, or call Doc, and I think he sells it.. it also includes

DMSO, plus

herbs.

BTW, how did the DMSO work out for you? Did you crash your car, or what?? : )

Scott.

herbal remedies , " Loretta " <momcall> wrote:

>

>

> I have had trouble with my neck (anyway that is where it starts) and

> by the next day pain is shooting up the back of my head. Before I

> started using herbs the pain would get unbearable to say the least

> and it would always last for 3 weeks. I have shorted the time and

> nettle with Maca has helped. Someone told me about DMSO and since I

> was in pain today I got some at the feed store. It didn't smell

> that bad so I rub some on, not to mention I was driving at the

> time. It didn't take long for me to understand that stuff is hot!!!

> Anyway it needs to be diluted before you put it on.

> My question : What does DMSO do besides help the muscle pain?

Guest guest

I have found a website with the following info:

It was also shown to relieve pain and swelling, relax muscles,

relieve arthritis, improve blood supply and slow the growth of

bacteria. The website is :

http://www.medical-library.net/sites/framer.html?/sites/_dmso_

(dimethylsulfoxide).html

herbal remedies , " Loretta " <momcall>

wrote:

>

>

> I have had trouble with my neck (anyway that is where it starts)

and

> by the next day pain is shooting up the back of my head. Before I

> started using herbs the pain would get unbearable to say the least

> and it would always last for 3 weeks. I have shorted the time and

> nettle with Maca has helped. Someone told me about DMSO and since

I

> was in pain today I got some at the feed store. It didn't smell

> that bad so I rub some on, not to mention I was driving at the

> time. It didn't take long for me to understand that stuff is

hot!!!

> Anyway it needs to be diluted before you put it on.

> My question : What does DMSO do besides help the muscle pain?

Guest guest

The DMSO really helped. I was impressed and wished I had had it

years ago.

And no I didn't wreck the car but I did take my son's napkin to wipe

it off. My two sons though it was really funny. Well maybe if you

were on the other end of things.

Guest guest

You can contact Doc privately, and he can help you get some :-) That's what I do.

love

Lisa

UK

-

bty472460

herbal remedies

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 9:25 PM

Herbal Remedies - DMSO

Loretta, at least you gave your sons a laugh! I've heard that DMSOcan have a 'garlicy' smell. Did you notice this? I've been thinkingof trying it myself, but not sure where to get it from (in UK).

Guest guest

When I take DMSO my husband says I smell like oysters. That slowly goes

away, and then I up the dosage, and then I'm Oyster Girl again! LOL!

Best,

Kelli

|

| bty472460 [rosemary.norris]

| Wednesday, March 23, 2005 1:26 PM

| herbal remedies

| Herbal Remedies - DMSO

|

| Loretta, at least you gave your sons a laugh! I've heard that DMSO

| can have a 'garlicy' smell. Did you notice this? I've been thinking

| of trying it myself, but not sure where to get it from (in UK).

Guest guest

I can attest to the wonderfulness of the Deep Tissue Repair Oil!! I

broke my back and shoulder last summer and since that time have been

using the DTRO religiously on both areas! I truly believe that I would

not have recovered as quickly as I have without it. It's been less than

8 months since the accident (an unscheduled flight off the back of the

horse - pilot error! LOL!) and I'm fully recovered with full motion, no

pain, and no surgery!!

I've hooked other people up with the DTRO as well, including a lot of

athletic friends of mine, and they absolutely LOVE it! If you get a

chance, make some up. You won't regret it!

Best,

Kelli

|

| Scott Hales [hales]

| Monday, March 21, 2005 8:47 PM

| herbal remedies

| Herbal Remedies - Re: DMSO

|

| Essential herbs might help, there is also a recipe in the

| files section for Doc's Deep Tissue

| Oil, that I'd like to try, that sounds perfect