IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My MD said not to worry about the white stuff because it was just bits of food that got caught in there. I had a hard time believing that so I used to pick the stuff out with a Q-tip because it smelled so horrible.........anyway.........after I got my candida under control it went away and hasn't been back since.

Tonsils are a great place for candida to over grow. Just my opinion and yours could be caused by something totally different.

Jeanne

Guest guest

I also " had " very large tonsils and am grateful that my parents didn't

have them removed. I used to have constant tonsillitis. You need to

cleanse and then cleanse again if necessary ... your tonsils are

infected and evidently your body isn't strong enough on it's own to

eliminate the infection. Your tonsils are doing what they are supposed

to do, but you need to give them some help.

Have you looked at the Total Body Cleanse? If you're not prepared to

do that, then clean up your diet, eliminate dairy and sugar (in case

you have yeast), drink lots of distilled water, take lots of Total

Tonic. And, are you exercising? Beyond that I'm sure one of the

moderator will have more advice for you.

herbal remedies , " shelly " <shellyjolley>

wrote:

>

> I have a question about large tonsilis(sp?) My tonsilis are large

all

> the time and they get white stinky crap in them. I dont have a fever

> and I dont feel sick. I was just wanted to know if there was

anything

> I could do to help that.

>

> thanks \

>

> shelly

>

Guest guest

I have a friend with an Autistic child and she said that she seen a difference once she got her childs colon moving. Gina eunicebellew <eunicebellew wrote: I wanted to know if there was something I could give to my 8 year old son who's Autistic for the brain. Cod liver oil has been tried with no measurable results.

Relax. Mail virus scanning helps detect nasty viruses!

Guest guest

In a message dated 2/13/2006 11:56:24 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,

jljahnke writes:

Can anyone tell me why the National University of Health Sciences is

sending out surveys to every licensed acupuncturist in my state. They

are asking about: race, training and education and if have a license

in any other health care field.

How they got the names, addresses and license numbers is another

question?

The name and addresses are public record.

Maybe the Chiropractors are wanting to take over.

Guest guest

Here in florida I can buy a list of names, addresses and such from the Board of

acupuncture/DOH. So they are likely doing either marketing research or graduate

study or who knows what

Bob

www.acuherbals.com

Jody <jljahnke wrote:

Can anyone tell me why the National University of Health Sciences is

sending out surveys to every licensed acupuncturist in my state. They

are asking about: race, training and education and if have a license

in any other health care field.

How they got the names, addresses and license numbers is another

question?

Subscribe to the new FREE online journal for TCM at Times

http://www.chinesemedicinetimes.com

Download the all new TCM Forum Toolbar, click,

http://toolbar.thebizplace.com/LandingPage.aspx/CT145145

and adjust

accordingly.

Please consider the environment and only print this message if absolutely

necessary.

Guest guest

Very strange indeed. Maybe it is because they have an acupuncture

certification program although I think it is only for DC's. This is an area

that we need to educate ourselves on more and more as others out there may

not be our friends.

Mike W. Bowser, L Ac

>KarateStan

>Chinese Medicine

>Chinese Medicine

>Re: Question

>Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:59:53 EST

>

>

>In a message dated 2/13/2006 11:56:24 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,

>jljahnke writes:

>

>Can anyone tell me why the National University of Health Sciences is

>sending out surveys to every licensed acupuncturist in my state. They

>are asking about: race, training and education and if have a license

>in any other health care field.

>

>How they got the names, addresses and license numbers is another

>question?

>

>

>

>The name and addresses are public record.

>

>Maybe the Chiropractors are wanting to take over.

>

>

>

Guest guest

I believe the surveys were commissioned by American Specialty Health

Networks (ASHN), an alternative medicine managed care company out of San

Diego. I suspect they are doing research for their own marketability

and provider network development in your state. ASHN has been in our

state, Hawaii, for 7 years now and we get a survey every year from

National University of Health Sciences with questions geared to

managed care.

> Can anyone tell me why the National University of Health Sciences is

> sending out surveys to every licensed acupuncturist in my state. They

> are asking about: race, training and education and if have a license

> in any other health care field.

>

> How they got the names, addresses and license numbers is another

> question?

>

Guest guest

Get castor oil and soak it in flannel or wool material and warm it up, lay the soaked fabic over your female organs/stomach area. See if that works. Get on a very healthy diet too! it will make a world of a differnce. GinaWolf <whitewolf1 wrote: Hello! I'm new here and I have a few questions. I've been diagnosed with PCOS(poly cystic ovarian syndrome) and hadn't had my monthly for over 6 months. The doctor gave me pills to make me start it and my cramps have been absolutely awful. Does anyone know anything i can take to ease the pain? And possiably help with the PCOS? Thanks so much! Alice

Brings words and photos together (easily) with PhotoMail - it's free and works with Mail.

Guest guest

, ely guilamo

<elyg197 wrote:

>

> Hi does anyone know what works for a person that has alot of cold

sores or the herpes simplex virus?

>

> I was told that St. John's wort kills the herpes virus. I want

to know if anyone else knows of anything?

> Thanks.

Herbal Remedies effective for Herpes

Bitter Melon extracts are two to three times more effective than the

popular prescription drug acyclovir at killing strains of herpes

virus that are not resistant to acyclovir.

Bitter Melon - can be taken in whole fruit form or in extract.

Safety Measure: Bitter Melon should be avoided altogether by people

who have cirrhosis or a history of hepatitis or by individuals with

HIV AIDS and a history of liver infection. All others should use

the herb for four weeks and discontinue for four weeks.

Cayenne - capsaician in cayenne acts as a counter irritant causing

temporary pain to the skin that depletes the chemical messengers of

pain for the joint. Applied as a cream capsaician permeates the

skin enters the nerves and eliminates substance " p " which stops the

pain message from reaching the brain. For external application, use

Cayenne in the form of capsaician cream. For internal application

use cayenne powder mixed with starchy foods. DO NOT apply

capsaician cream to broken skin. Avoid contact with eyes or mouth.

Cloves - Oil of Cloves is an anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial,

analgesic and antifungal.

Clove oil increases the effectiveness of acyclovir and would likely

work with other antivirals as well.

Licorice - Next to ginger, licorice is the worlds most widely used

herbal remedy. It is used to treat ulcers, cold symptoms and skin

disorders. This herb is also used to counteract serious allergic

reaction and to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis. It can be found in

suppliment form or at traditional chinese medicine outlets. It is

also found in smokeless or chewing tobacco.

Licorice, when used in the traditional chinese herbal formula minor

bluegreen dragon decoction contains chemicals called saponins that

affect other viruses particularly influenza virus A. Labratory

testing shows that licorice has a direct antiviral affect against a

number of viruses including those that cause measles, herpes and new

castle disease.

Lemon Balm - Available in creams for application to the skin and in

tablets and teas to be taken internally.

Lemon Balm has a mild sedative affect and antiviral properties and

the ability to relieve cramps. It is used to heal wounds, ease

indigestion, relieve menstral cramps, fight cold sores, relax nerves

and prevent insomnia. Lemon Balm has been used as an alternative

when modern prescription medications have failed.

Lemon Balm has been used to prevent further spread of the herpes

infection on the herpes carrierthis does NOT mean spreading to

another individual, relieve the itching, burning, tingling,

swelling, stabbing and redness of a herpes outbreak.

Papain - An extract of Papaya. It is available in the form of

linked papain cream for external use and as a single herb capsule

and a combined bromelain/papain tablet for internal use. Or ripe

Papaya fruit.

Application of papayan creams to skin affected by herpes outbreaks

produced pain relief equivalent to that of acyclovir. Although the

papayan took longer than acyclovir to control redness.

Regards. JoAnn

Guest guest

The name of the tea is Pu-erh. I used to work in a tea store called Teavana. They have plan pu-erh and a strawberry flavored one. I prefer the strawberry one myself. Pu-erh has an unusually taste because it is aged for 15 yrs, sometimes longer. At Teavana it was in loose leaf form, not cake. But it works just the same. I drink it to aid digestion. It works wonderfully. I'm sure there are several other places that sell it too. Just make sure to go to a high quality supplier. The results will be noticably better. teavana.com and mountainroseherbs.com might have them. So yes, you can get it in the US.TANUKIE wrote: I have a question and I don't really know what to ask for. Someone was telling me about a tea they drink in China it comes in a cake form and you break some off and you make tea with it. They said it can be used as a diet tea. They said the tea breaks the fat down and when you (this sounds terrible) but when you go to the bathroom it has oil in it I guess that is the fat breaking up. They didn't tell me the name of the tea. Does any one know the name of the tea and can you buy it here in the US? Thanks

Guest guest

MM Tina, Here is a website that lists the benefits of all kinds of ingredients that can be used in cosmetics: http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/dictionary.asp?TYPE=MAIN And here is another: http://allnaturalbeauty.us/our_reading_room.htm Also if you look for homemade cosmetics sites they give recipes and instructions as well. I make magickal soaps,bath potions and skincare. You can get books on cosmetic making but they often contain recipes with ingredients that often inflame excema or cause sensitivity, but with a bit of research you can find alternatives. Hope this helps, Blessings, Kiele

Guest guest

Thank you so much for the help. I new some of the things I read but both web sites are very informative. Thanks again.

Tina

Guest guest

Honey - The Wonderful HONEY, a most assimilable carbohydrate compound, is a singularly acceptable, practical and most effective aliment to generate heat, create and replace energy, and furthermore, to form certain tissues. Honey, besides, supplies the organism with substances for the formation of enzymes and other biological ferments to promote oxidation. It has distinct germicidal properties and in this respect greatly differs from milk which is an exceptionally good breeding-ground for bacteria. Honey is a most valuable food, which today is not sufficiently appreciated. Its frequent if not daily use is vitally important. Health Benefits of HoneyHoney has long been recognized as a natural remedy and has been used as a medicine for thousands of years. Health benefits of Honey - History of Honey, Mead, Royal JellyPerhaps your parents failed to mention it when they discussed the birds and the bees with you, but honey has long been known to have a multitude of healing powers with everything from relieving a sore throat, allergies, healing wounds, etc. It also goes great with peanutbutter. Now, new scientific research from the University of California, Davis reveals that honey consumption raises antioxidant levels.In the study, 25 people were told to eat between four and 10 tablespoons

of buckwheat honey, depending on their weight, each day for a month. They could eat the honey in almost any form, but it couldn't be baked or dissolved in tea. Many chose to eat straight from the spoon. Antioxidant levels rose in the participants. Antioxidants provide defense against free radicals, which cause cell damage. Researchers discovered honey contained as many antioxidants - which combat the free radicals which can damage cells - as spinach, apples, oranges or strawberries. Scientists from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign say honey appears to have a "mild protective effect". It was already known that honey contained varying levels of antioxidants, with dark honey having more than light. This is the first study to examine honey's effect on human blood. In the study, researchers checked the blood of 25 men aged 18 - 68 over five weeks. They found drinking four tablespoons of honey mixed into a 16-ounce glass of water

improved the antioxidant levels in their blood. The team is currently conducting a study on rabbits to see if honey could slow atherosclerosis, or hardening of the arteries. The types of flowers the bees pollinate determine flavor and color of honey. Buckwheat honey comes from the buckwheat plant and is dark in color with a distinct flavor. The darker shades of honey are believed to have more antioxidants. The study showed no weight gain in participants for the month they were consuming honey. And, some claimed that eating honey for breakfast actually made them feel full and satisfied. Eating honey along with supplemental calcium appeared to enhance calcium absorption in rats, according to a study from Purdue University.In addition, the researchers suggested that the absorption of calcium increased as the amount of honey taken was upped. Sugar is a crystalline carbohydrate extracted from sugar cane and sugar beets. It is a

non-nutritive empty calorie that robs the body of vitamins and minerals. Sugar is addicting. The biggest culprit? Soft drinks, which account for one-third of our total sugar intake. Approximately one half of the human diet is derived directly or indirectly from crops pollinated by bees. Today honeybees are an essential part of a healthy agriculture economy. If you have allergies, honey can be beneficial. If you eat honey that is local to your area, it may prevent your seasonal allergies. Bees use the pollen from local plants and eventually it ends up in your honey. Health-promoting compounds found in honey could make this ingredient a more attractive option for food makers currently using bulk sweeteners such as high-fructose corn syrup and looking to jump on board the growing health foods trend, say scientists in the US.Researchers at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign say that honey may be a healthier alternative to corn syrup due to

its higher level of antioxidants, compounds which are believed to fight cancer, heart disease and other diseases. Honey, which contains a number of antioxidant components that act as preservatives, also shows promise as a replacement for some synthetic antioxidants widely used as preservatives in salad dressings and other foods.High fructose syrups kicked off in the US in the 1970s when the country developed new technologies to process this bulk calorific sweetener. The ingredient, an alternative to sucrose, rapidly gained in popularity and is now used extensively by soft drinks makers such as Coca-Cola and PepsiCo. Honey, a natural syrup produced by bees is similar to invert sugar, with a small but variable excess of levulose (fructose). The composition and flavor of honey varies with the plant source of the nectar, processing and storage but a typical composition is 41 per cent fructose, 34 per cent glucose, 18 per cent water, and 2 per cent sucrose with

a pH of 3.8 to 4.2. According to the US researchers, dark-colored honey, such as buckwheat honey, is generally thought to contain higher levels of antioxidants than the light-colored varieties. Previous studies by the researchers, who presented their findings this week at the American Chemical Society meeting in Illinois, suggest that honey may have the same level of disease-fighting antioxidants as that of some common fruits. In international terms China is currently by far the largest honey producing nation in the world, with around a 40 per cent slice of the market. The next biggest producers are the US, Argentina and Ukraine. According to the American Honey Producers Association, China and Argentina have been adversely affecting America’s domestic honey industry with cheap imports, although there is a counter argument that both China and Argentina have been helping to counterbalance falling production in the US. Also starting to emerge onto the world

honey production arena are Thailand and Vietnam.Honey contains vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, and is a wonderful beauty aid that nourishes the skin and the hair. Honey acts as an antibacterial and antifungal agent and helps disinfect and speed the healing process in wounds, scrapes and burns. Honey mixed with ground almonds makes an excellent facial cleansing scrub. A tablespoon of honey whisked together with an egg white, 1 teaspoon of glycerin and about 1/4 cup of flour makes an excellent firming mask. Just smooth on the face, leave on 15 minutes, and rinse off with warm water. You will be pleased with the results. Honey also makes a great moisturizing pack. Just mix 2 tablespoons of honey with 2 teaspoons of whole milk, smooth over the face and throat, and let it do its job for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water, and finish splashing with cold water. Honey also makes a great lotion for dry patches of skin on

hands, elbows, or other parts. Just mix 1 teaspoon of honey with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply to hands, elbows, heels of your foot, etc., and wash off after 15 minutes. Fast relief! Honey works well on chapped lips and for acne because it has antibacterial properties. To give your hair lustrous shine, mix 1 teaspoon of honey into 4 cups of warm water. Use as a hair rinse. And if you're a blond, add the juice of 1 lemon, too. Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with a cup of warm water. Use it as a mouthwash. Honey cleans teeth and dentures, and kills germs in the mouth.Royal Jelly: Royal jelly is a substance produced by worker bees inside the beehive. Inside this nutritious substance are sugar, proteins, fats and many vitamins. It is used in problems caused by tissue deficiency or body frailty.Even ancient languages give us a clue to

the importance of honey. The BEE (bhei-) was particularly important as the producer of honey, for which we have the common Indo-European name melit-. Honey was the only source of sugar and sweetness (swd-, “sweet,” is ancient), and notably was the base of the only certain Indo-European alcoholic beverage, medhu-, which in different dialects meant both MEAD (“wine” in Greece and Anatolia) and “honey.”A Land of Milk and Honey And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey: unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites. -- Exodus 3: 8 Addressing Moses from the burning bush, Yahweh announces his plan to bring Israel out of Egypt to a "land flowing with milk and honey." God means Palestine, the land he promised to Abraham (Genesis 12)

and again to Jacob (Genesis 28). He doesn't mean, though, that milk and honey wash over the land -- as "flowing" might suggest -- but rather that his people can look forward to a booming economy. (They could also look forward to unfriendly natives, but that's another story.) Milk and honey were dietary staples for the semi-nomadic Israelites of biblical times, so Palestine would indeed be a promising home, abounding in goats and swarming with bees. The soil would be fertile also.Mead (honey wine) has for centuries been renowned as an 'aphrodisiac' and the word Honeymoon is derived from the ancient Viking custom of having newly-weds drink mead for a whole moon (month) in order to increase their fertility and therefore their chances of a happy and fulfilled marriage. We have returned full cycle to the birds and the bees.

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail Beta.

Guest guest

PROMOATING GOOD HEALTH The many benefits of Oats Oat-based foods have long been known for their health benefits, and it’s now general knowledge that oats make a significant contribution to human health. According to the FDA, there is scientific agreement that soluble fiber from oat products when added to a low-saturated fat, low-cholesterol diet may help reduce the risk of heart disease. In 1996, researchers at the Harvard School of Public Health found that in a study of more than 40,000 men, individuals with the highest levels of fiber consumption experienced a 35 percent reduction in the risk of heart attack compared to those with lower levels. Oats are a

great source of dietary fiber – they consist of approximately 55 percent soluble fiber and 45 percent insoluble fiber. Tufts University researchers reported research results in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showing that eating a diet rich in oats significantly reduced both blood pressure and cholesterol. Oats contain a high percentage of desirable complex carbohydrates, which have been linked to: reduced risk of colon, breast, and prostate cancer; better management of diabetes; and fewer bowel problems such as constipation. Oats have a high Vitamin B1 content, which is required by the body for carbohydrate metabolism. On a per gram basis, oats contain a higher concentration of protein, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese, thiamin, folacin and Vitamin E than any other unfortified whole grain, such as wheat, barley, corn or rice. Oats contain

one of the best amino acid profiles of all grains. Amino acids are essential proteins that help facilitate optimum functioning of the body. Oats are naturally low in fat. Researchers agree that nearly everyone – men and women of all ages and races – benefits from eating a low-fat diet. The lipids present in oats contain a good balance of essential fatty acids, which has been linked with longevity and general good health.

Groups are talking. We´re listening. Check out the handy changes to .

Guest guest

I would add to the article below that chronic earaches may be allergy

related. Try removing all dairy, wheat, peanuts and hydrogenated oils from

the diet. Often just removing dairy from the diet results in tremendous

results.

If the lymphatic directions seem difficult to understand, take the child to

a chiropractor as there is an adjustment that can be done in order to get

the ear to drain.

Even pediatricians are recommending hydrogen peroxide and garlic oil for

earaches. However this does not get to the root cause. Changing the diet

often addresses the root concern.

With all the antibiotics that the child has had it would be a good idea to

get him on a good probiotic in order to replenish the good bacteria that the

antibiotics have killed.

Be Well

Loretta

How to Rapidly Relieve an Earache, Using Supplies You Probably Already Have

in Your Home

By Steven Horne

Copyright 2005 by Steven H. Horne

www.steven-horne.com

I am deeply saddened whenever I hear parents talk about children who suffer

from chronic ear infections and wind up having tubes in their ears. The

longest it ever took me to relieve an earache in one of my children was five

hours, and most of the time I could relieve them much more rapidly than

that.

To understand how to relieve an earache it helps if you understand what is

happening in the tissues when they become inflamed. Inflammation occurs

whenever there is some kind of irritation or damage to tissues, which may or

may not involve infection. When inflammation sets in, it causes swelling,

redness, heat and pain.

Typically, what happens with an earache is that something causes the

eustachian tube to become inflamed. The eustachian tube runs from the inner

ear into the back of the throat. This allows the air pressure to equalize on

both sides of the eardrum. You've probably experienced your ears " popping "

when there was a sudden change in air pressure. That " pop " was air traveling

through the eustachian tubes to normalize the air pressure. These tubes also

allow fluid to drain from the inner ear into the throat.

When the eustachian tube becomes inflamed it swells, just like any other

tissue in the body. This swelling causes the eustachian tube to close, which

prevents normalization of pressure on both sides of the eardrum. The inner

ear, ear canal and eardrum may also become inflamed and swollen, creating

more pressure, which intensifies the pain. Just as with any other type of

inflammation, the key to rapidly resolving an earache is to get the

lymphatic system to drain the excess fluid away from the tissues so the

swelling will diminish and the cells will stop sending pain signals to the

brain.

This can be achieved by using two simple therapies. First, we can use some

type of natural remedy that reduces inflammation and swelling, while

promoting lymphatic flow, either as eardrops or as a compress over the ear.

Second, we can do lymphatic drainage massage to reduce the swelling. Once we

have reduced the swelling and " cooled down " the inflammation, the pain will

subside and the irritated tissues will start to heal.

Step One: Use a Remedy to Reduce Inflammation and Swelling

Here are a couple of the herbal remedies I have found most effective for

earaches. You probably have at least one of these remedies in your home

right now.

Garlic:

Garlic is very effective for relieving earaches and can be employed in a

number of ways. Garlic oil (which is simply garlic infused into olive oil)

can be warmed and used in the ear as ear drops. Even better is a combination

of garlic with mullein flowers and/or St. John's Wort flowers. The garlic

oil can also be rubbed around the ear itself and used along the side of the

neck for the lymphatic drainage massage.

Garlic contains powerful aromatic compounds that have an antiseptic and

anti-inflammatory action. My own experience, and that of many of my friends

and colleagues, suggests that garlic is actually quicker and more powerful

at fighting ear infections than pharmaceutical antibiotics. The antiseptic

compounds will be absorbed through the skin and the eardrum into the inner

ear and surrounding tissues, fighting infection and reducing inflammation at

the same time.

Another way to use garlic is to take a clove of fresh garlic and cut a piece

to the size that will fit comfortably in the outer ear. Do not put the

garlic clove into the ear canal; you only want it to rest on the outer ear

(kind of like an old-fashioned hearing aid). The raw garlic may cause a

burning sensation, which can be lessened by coating the side that will come

in contact with the ear with olive oil. This may not be the most socially

acceptable way to fight an ear infection, however this technique is very

effective.

Onions:

One of the remedies I've found that usually relieves earache pain very

rapidly is onions. As with the garlic, there are a number of ways the onion

can be used. Start by steaming or baking an onion with the skin on until it

is soft. Keeping the skin on helps to hold the onion juices inside. Crush

some of the cooked onion in a bowl to press out some of the juice of the

onion. (If necessary, add a small amount of water to extract some of the

juice.) Using an eyedropper, place some of the warm juice in the ear.

Usually, this relieves the pain in a matter of minutes.

An alternative method is to cut the cooked onion in half and place the cut

surface against the outside of the ear and hold it there for 5-20 minutes.

This has also proven highly effective in easing the pain. Make certain the

onion has cooled enough that it is warm, but not hot enough to burn the

skin.

I have friends who have used raw onion juice, but I find this burns even

more than the raw garlic. My suggestion, if you want to use raw onion, would

be to dilute the juice with a little olive oil or glycerin before putting

any in the ear.

Cinnamon Oil:

A midwife friend taught me this one. If you don't have onions or garlic

handy, then you probably have some cinnamon in your spice cabinet. Sprinkle

a little cinnamon into some olive oil (or another vegetable oil if you don't

have any olive oil, but olive oil is best). Heat the oil over the stove at a

low temperature. My midwife friend simply puts the olive oil and cinnamon in

a tablespoon, holds it with a hot pad and heats the spoon over the stove.

When the oil is hot, remove it from the stove and let it cool to body

temperature. Strain it through a fine cloth and use the oil as ear drops.

Colloidal Silver and Essential Oils:

A final earache remedy I've found very helpful is colloidal silver. If you

can obtain it, a 500 parts per million colloidal silver is best. If not,

look for a brand that is at least 100 parts per million. Colloidal silver

can be warmed and dropped directly in the ear, but it is even more effective

mixed with some essential oils. Lavender, cajeput, tea tree and thyme are

all very effective for earaches. Use 1 drop of essential oils per 10-20

drops of colloidal silver. Essential oils can also be diluted in olive oil

(when colloidal silver isn't available) for a similar effect. Like the

garlic and onions, these mixtures will fight infection and reduce

inflammation.

While this isn't a remedy you're likely to have lying around the house, it

is a remedy I recommend for your herbal home medicine chest.

Caution: Dropping something cold in the ear increases the sensation of pain,

and you don't want to burn the ear by putting something too hot in it,

either. So, it is very important to warm any mixture you are going to use to

body temperature before putting it in the ear. You can do this by placing

the bottle containing the remedy under your arm, in your pocket or otherwise

close to your body until it reaches body temperature. An alternative way to

warm the remedy is to put the bottle of the remedy into a container filled

with hot water. Check the temperature of the remedy by placing a drop on

your wrist before putting any in the ear. The mixture should feel neutral in

temperature or slightly warm on your wrist. I only made the mistake of

dropping a cold tincture into my ear once. It hurt enough that I knew to

never do that again.

Step Two: Use Lymphatic Drainage Massage to Reduce Swelling and Ease Pain

The most effective way I've found for relieving earaches quickly is to use

the following sequence. First, have the person lay on his or her side with

the aching ear facing upward. Next put the ear drops (garlic oil, onion

juice, colloidal silver, etc.) in the ear. Grasp the lower part of the ear

and begin stretching and massaging it. This helps the remedy reach the

eardrum and begins the process of lymphatic drainage.

Finally, after a few minutes of massaging the ear, begin using a " milking "

technique to increase lymphatic drainage in the neck and throat. Place your

finger in the indentation just under the ear and behind the jawbone. Gently

stroke the neck downward from this point. Gently massage the lymph nodes in

the throat area, too. You'll know what they are because you'll feel

hardened, lumpy areas in the neck and throat. These movements will

dramatically increase the flow of lymph moving away from the ear.

If the first round of this procedure doesn't completely relieve the pain, be

patient. Just keep repeating the same process once every hour or so.

These techniques do work. As I said earlier, the longest it ever took me to

relieve an earache in one of my children was five hours, and I've seen an

earache permanently gone in as little as one hour (and half of that was

spent cooking an onion to make eardrops. Just be patient and persistent.

If the technique doesn't work in a reasonable amount of time, you can go to

the doctor, but this is rarely necessary. Once the fluids that are trapped

in the tissues of the eustachian tubes and inner ear are drawn into the

lymphatic system and the swelling has subsided, the earache will be gone.

This involves the same process that helps a relieve the pain of a smashed

finger or other injury.

About Steven Horne, RH (AHG) and For More Information

Steven Horne is a Registered Herbalist with and a past president of the

American Herbalist Guild (AHG). He is the author of numerous books and

courses on herbs and natural healing and has lectured on this subject all

over the world. He is the father of five children, who were all raised on

natural remedies. Because he's learned how to provide primary health care to

his children in the home, he's only had to make three visits to a medical

doctor for illnesses with his five children.

On Behalf Of P.A.T.C.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 6:07 PM

question

Moderator's Note- Please research our links and vast, vast archive of

previous messages. There is so much more available here than just a quick,

" group- tell me what to do " . We are glad to help- not recommend or

prescribe or treat which is alone the right of a medical doctor, but please-

try to do some research first before asking 5,000+ people to help you.

Greetings

i am new to this group, I have a question concerning ear infections in

children.

My side of the family is riddled with a history of ear infections and

many are hard of hearing in my family, I have an artifical ear drum. So

my question is, My grandson who is about 19 months old has had a year

of nothing but ear infections and on many rounds of antibodies, and

finally has ear tubes placed in ears last month. Now again his ears

infected, they are draining and going down sides of face, his tubes are

working, and he is on yet another round of antibodies, so does any one

have a natural way to combat this? one that works for Under 2 years of

age? and does any one have any idea why he might be having so many ear

infections?thanks

Blessings be

endura

Guest guest

Elle, I'm not sure if anyone answered your question about H.S. No one

knows what causes Hidradenitis Suppurativa, and there is no known cure,

at this time. There are estimates that upward of 40% of the population

may be affected, and not know it. It's a very private disease. Some

people have great success by modifying their diet. I found completely

eliminating sugar and white flour and all the regular mean and nasties

has helped. But, still suffer sometimes. At those times, I take a very

low dose of Doxycycline and it heals the 'alien' right up. Not an ideal

situation, but one I'd rather live with than the extreme pain of

letting it run it's course. There is an HS support group with

lots of information, if you havent found what you need,already. You are

not alone. Good Luck!

Guest guest

http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic259.htm

They say if you smoke to stop.

Article also says

Disease activity may be related to stress and to cigarette smoking.

Stress lowers immune function - so does smoking.

This seems supported by your comment :

>I take a very low dose of Doxycycline and it heals the 'alien' right up.

I have acquired some experience with skin infection courtesy of a cousin who

visited and shared a fungus he acquired in Africa or India. It laughed at

Tinactin.

I have beaten it down with twice daily 3% peroxide underarms and groin and

lemon grass oil on my feet.

I hope to take peroxide baths soon since weather is warming up and aquired an

inflatable childs pool. I had great success the one time I tried peroxide in the

bathtub but since we have a septic tank and not municipal sewage (I felt I would

damage my septic if I continued.) I discontinued.

I think once I have the baths I can then apply live culture yoghurt all over

and rinse with pure water (no chlorine) and get some friendly beasties on my

skin. I think if one gets a riproaring reaction to an ingrown hair that is a

good sign the bugs on ones skin are quite virulent. I had a roommate years ago

whose skin was a staph culture. A small scratch and an infection would result.

For those who would like to treat themselves to rainwater GE has a new reverse

osmosis system suitable for laundry and bathing. Up to 720 gallons a day

http://www.crystalclearsupply.com/GE_Merlin_720_GPD_Tankless_Reverse_Osmosis_Sys\

tem_p/merlin-ro.htm

Kirk

kim <blue_eyed_darlin1 wrote:

Elle, I'm not sure if anyone answered your question about H.S. No one

knows what causes Hidradenitis Suppurativa, and there is no known cure,

at this time. There are estimates that upward of 40% of the population

may be affected, and not know it. It's a very private disease. Some

people have great success by modifying their diet. I found completely

eliminating sugar and white flour and all the regular mean and nasties

has helped. But, still suffer sometimes. At those times, I take a very

low dose of Doxycycline and it heals the 'alien' right up. Not an ideal

situation, but one I'd rather live with than the extreme pain of

letting it run it's course. There is an HS support group with

lots of information, if you havent found what you need,already. You are

not alone. Good Luck!

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible " new car " smell?

Check outnew cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Apricot seeds!!

Best Wishes

Sandra

My cousin was diagnosed with early stages of prostate cancer. He is going to

a

Guest guest

You didn't give an age for him. The older the better.80% of all men

will get prostate cancer. the good news only 3 out of 100000 who have prostrate

cancer die from it.Translation, aman with prostrate cancer has a better chance

of getting hit by lighting on the golf course than dying from the prostrate

cancer. It is a very slow growing cancer .Fortunately it is encapsulated , which

tends to keep it from spreading beyound the prostrate.

Boonight wrote:

My cousin was diagnosed with early stages of prostate cancer.

Guest guest

You didn't give an age for him. The older the better.80% of all men

will get prostate cancer. the good news only 3 out of 100000 who have prostrate

cancer die from it.Translation, aman with prostrate cancer has a better chance

of getting hit by lighting on the golf course than dying from the prostrate

cancer. It is a very slow growing cancer .Fortunately it is encapsulated , which

tends to keep it from spreading beyound the prostrate.

Boonight wrote:

My cousin was diagnosed with early stages of prostate cancer. He is

going to

a few specialists. He would like to know if there are any natural remedies

like herbs, food, vitamins etc. Thank you for any Info. you can give me to

pass on to my cousin.

Diane

************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at

http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

Guest guest

Check out www.drred.com.au/redstory.htm They have formulated a ginger punch

that has shown to reverse prostrate cancer.Its a little pricey but it beats the

medical cost,it's cheap and works better.You can use many of the same thing on

your own,Drink red grape juice everyday. Eat blueberries, Raspberries or

strawberries everyday.Take Olive leaf extract 3X a day .Take grapeseed extract.

Through out the day drink green tea with ginger .Before bed drink a tea of 1 tsp

turmimic ,1 tsp ginger ,1 tsp rosemarry . Eat an apple a day with the seeds(be

sure to eat the skin as well).Be sure to get plenty Vit.A,E,D,C . Lycopene is

important for prostrate so drink tomato juice with a tbl of flaxseed oil.

Like anyone else that doesn't have cancer you should eat brussel

sprouts , cabbage.broccoli and carrots.

In the book " BACK to Eden " Kloss states he knew a postman who had

prostate cancer and drank red clover tea and the tumor never grew.

He res a strange one but It's proving to be true breast milk is

curring prostate cancer.Unfortunately it may be harder to get. but if some in

the family is breastfeeding they may be willing to donate some of their milk.

I am not a doctor but this is the route I would go if I was

diagnosed with PC. Far as I'm concerned most treatment by the medical community

is design to make them money and not to benefit the patient. Remember this is

just MY opinion and is not intended to replace that of a Medical Doctor.

Boonight wrote:

My cousin was diagnosed with early stages of prostate cancer. He is

going to

a few specialists. He would like to know if there are any natural remedies

like herbs, food, vitamins etc. Thank you for any Info. you can give me to

pass on to my cousin.

Diane

************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at

http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

Guest guest

In an article today LEF has an article that shows how apple pectin

has cured early stage prostate cancer.

http://www.lef.org/newsletter/2007/2007_08_21.htm?

source=eNewsLetter2007Wk34-1 & key=archive

n this issue

Life Extension Update Exclusive

Pectin triggers self-destruction of prostate cancer cells

Health Concern

Prostate cancer overview

Featured Products

Life Extension Booster

Apple Pectin Powder

In Dr. Julian Whitakers newsletter which I received today he

also has an article describing a study involving life style changes

vegetarian diet, nutritional supplements of vitamins C and E, fish oil

and soy. But for the ones already diagnosed with prostate cancer he

also recommended modified citrus pectin. It is availible from

pectasol.com and the amount of this drug used in the research

was 15G per day. He recommended natural Vit E 800-1600 per day,

Vitamin C 1,000 to 2000 mg,selenium 200 mcg fish oil 2-8 capsules per

2-3 servings of soy per week 1/4 cup of flaxseed freshly ground in a

coffee grinder per day, 8 ounces of low-sodium V* and 1,000-2000

vitamin D. He also recommended a ose of low-dose naltrexone which

needs a prescription but he says it is not expensive of 3-4.5 mg per

day taken at bedtime. For details on the naltrexone go to

lowdosenaltrexone.com

The following article features the importance of having alkaline

blood in the body to prevent and cure cancer. Some of you may find

this interesting. http://www.imva.info/essay_sodium_bicarb.shtml

Jackdaw

, Boonight wrote:

>

> My cousin was diagnosed with early stages of prostate cancer.