IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

intro

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Susan and welcome.

I live in Florida so I can not help you with raw milk but if you did not discover Weston A Price Foundation, here is a link. It is a huge site but you can really learn a lot from. You can also find raw milk through them.

http://www.westonaprice.org/splash_2.htm

There are co-ops everywhere in the country where you can buy milk, meat, eggs, honey, butter and more all local and clean, free from chemicals. Also soaps made from goat or cow milk.

Hope some other members pitch in with what they know.

Barbara

I have started eating organic eggs and find them very good. I cannot find any raw milk as it is illegal to purchase raw milk in the state of Virginia. But I did find some organic milk today that I have not tried yet. I haven't started reading labels for the chemicals in my food, but that will be next on my list. I would like advice on what to look for that I should avoid. I prefer to eat locally grown food. I had my first garden in 2005 and made a lot of salsa from it. I also harvest wild onions and berries.

Susan

Guest guest

Hi Barbara,

I have a friend who makes goat milk soap and she has given me a large quantity. But all her soaps have fragrance to them and I seem to be allergic to most scents. I have passed them on to my husband to use in his shower. Thanks for the info on the co-ops. I will look into it.

Susan

-

Barbara

RealSimple

Saturday, December 01, 2007 8:18 PM

Re: [RealSimple] Intro

Hi Susan and welcome.

I live in Florida so I can not help you with raw milk but if you did not discover Weston A Price Foundation, here is a link. It is a huge site but you can really learn a lot from. You can also find raw milk through them.

http://www.westonaprice.org/splash_2.htm

There are co-ops everywhere in the country where you can buy milk, meat, eggs, honey, butter and more all local and clean, free from chemicals. Also soaps made from goat or cow milk.

Hope some other members pitch in with what they know.

Barbara

Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.12/1163 - Release 12/1/2007 12:05 PM

Guest guest

I no longer use any toothpaste, just a toothbrush and floss. I drink reverse

osmosis water

from my filter which I bought years ago from Culligan. my husband is like yours

regarding

what he eats and puts on his body.

for raw milk in Virginia, check here

http://www.realmilk.com/where5.html#va

you can also contact a local Weston A. Price leader for sources.

eatwild.com is a good source for local foods.

RealSimple , " jjtjsatn " <jjtjsatn wrote:

>

>

> Hi,

> My name is Susan, I am 46, married for 13 years and live on the coast of

Virginia with

my husband, one dog Jill, and soon to be another dog Holly.

>

> I am really concerned about the environment. We live in a rural area, yet

there is a lot of

development going on around us. People are building mega-mansions and cutting

down

all the beautiful trees and " raping " the land. It is so devastating to witness.

>

> I am concerned about the chemicals in the products I had been using. I have a

severe

skin irritation that I have had since July 2006 and I am trying to treat it

myself. I cannot

get in to see a dermatologist until February 2008. I took one bottle of shampoo

I use and

" googled " all the ingredients and was appalled by the chemicals I had been using

on my

body. I did the same with toothpaste and other toiletries. I have purged all my

soaps,

shampoos, deodorants, conditioners, and toothpastes. I found " Dr. Bronner's

Unscented

Pure-Castile Soap " at a health food store and used that today to shower with as

well as

wash my hair with. I am highly allergic to any dyes or scents. I no longer wear

fragrance of

any kind. For soap I had been using Dove Unscented, but I noticed that it

contains SLS,

which is a toxic chemical. I actually found some products at the health food

store that did

contain SLS and I stayed far away from them.

>

> I have not found any toothpaste yet that is chemical free and would like

suggestions on

that. I do use baking soda as toothpaste, but it leaves a strong after taste

even after much

mouth rinsing.

>

> I would also like suggestions on laundry detergent. I have been using Tide

unscented,

but I am wondering if it has an adverse effect. I prefer to hang my clothes

outside to dry

as they seem so fresh and clean afterwards. Someone suggested I make my own

washing

soda but the soap to use has a strong fragrance that I am allergic to.

>

> I have started eating organic eggs and find them very good. I cannot find any

raw milk

as it is illegal to purchase raw milk in the state of Virginia. But I did find

some organic

milk today that I have not tried yet. I haven't started reading labels for the

chemicals in

my food, but that will be next on my list. I would like advice on what to look

for that I

should avoid. I prefer to eat locally grown food. I had my first garden in 2005

and made a

lot of salsa from it. I also harvest wild onions and berries.

>

> As we live on the coast the town water and well water are laced with sodium.

It is not

recommended to use on gardens as it kills the plants. I wonder what it does for

our

bodies? Doctors have told their patients with high blood pressure not to drink

it. So I

started using bottled spring water. I hate using plastic of any kind, but

everything seems

to be made of plastic now. I tried to get home delivery for bottled water set up

with glass

bottles, but no company services our area.

>

> My husband could care less about what he puts into his body. He usually eats

what I fix

and today I fixed organic eggs and whole wheat toast. He loved it but when I

told him the

eggs were organic he said they really weren't that good. When I tell him there

are so many

carcinogens in our products, he just shrugs and says we all have to die

sometime. The

doctor tells him to exercise but he refuses to do so. I walk every other day at

7 am while

he sleeps. The other days I go to Curves. Since I cannot convince him I want to

live my life

healthy and maybe he will come around.

>

> We are debt free except for a vehicle payment. My dream is to live on a

mountain top in

the wilderness, far away from civilization. I would love to be off-grid but my

husband

does not share my dream.

>

> I hope to learn a lot from this group.

>

> Susan

>

Guest guest

Hi Susan,

Welcome, and thanks so much for introducing yourself! I live out in northern California.

I don't know what kind of skin irritation you have, but eating some raw coconut oil every day is excellent for healthy skin. Plus, a good hair, sin and nail vitamin with MSM, biotin and silicon will help too. Dr. Bronners is excellent, I've heard all kinds of good things about it, plus it's not damaging to the environment. I SO wish you had access to raw milk and butter!

For washing your clothes, several of us have been getting "soap nuts" a product from India. You can read about it here:

http://www.newstarget.com/022079.html

It's a natural alternative to laundry soap. For cleaning, I use white vinegar, washing soda, baking soda and lemon juice. You can google any number of "recipes" for cleaning solutions using these ingredients. I have a book of natural cleaning solutions that I use all the time. For soap, I know you can buy pure goats milk soap with no fragrance out on the internet. If you can't find any, let me know-I know someone who makes it, and I can put you in touch with her.

If you go to westonaprice.org, you can look under "local chapters" for a food co-op in your area. These co-ops always know the best places to buy your local foods. Also, if you have a Whole Foods or Wild Oats market in your area, they sell organic produce too. More expensive than a co-op, but if all else fails it's something to fall back on. You might also google Community Supported Agriculture (CSA for short) to find other local, organic produce and meat. You'd be surprised how much is out there once you start looking for it.

I think you'll find many of us are in the same boat, as far as our spouses are concerned. Men in general don't care about the environment or their own personal health. That's why the world is in the sad shape that it is. Naturally there are those that DO, but the majority just don't care, sadly. My husband had some health issues this year that made him look at his health a little more seriously, but not to the extent that I'd like. And now that the worst of the shock is over from the scare he had, I see him slipping back into bad habits. It's more than frustrating. But I am lucky in that we both share the same dream to move offgrid and out into the "wilds" lol.

And good for you for taking your health seriously by eating right and exercising! You can't control what your husband does, but don't let that stop you from doing what you know is best. Your body is trying to tell you something with your skin irritation, and you'd be wise to listen to it. Untreated inflammation leads to disease.

There's just one more thing I would recommend, and that is to find an GYN or Endocrinologist who specializes in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement and get them to test your hormones. Often times, skin dryness, irritation, eczema, etc is a sign that your hormones are out of whack. I can help you find a compounding pharmacy in your area, if you're interested. They in turn can help you find a doctor to consult.

Cyndi

In a message dated 12/1/2007 5:32:14 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, jjtjsatn writes:

Hi,

My name is Susan, I am 46, married for 13 years and live on the coast of Virginia with my husband, one dog Jill, and soon to be another dog Holly.

I am really concerned about the environment. We live in a rural area, yet there is a lot of development going on around us. People are building mega-mansions and cutting down all the beautiful trees and "raping" the land. It is so devastating to witness.

I am concerned about the chemicals in the products I had been using. I have a severe skin irritation that I have had since July 2006 and I am trying to treat it myself. I cannot get in to see a dermatologist until February 2008. I took one bottle of shampoo I use and "googled" all the ingredients and was appalled by the chemicals I had been using on my body. I did the same with toothpaste and other toiletries. I have purged all my soaps, shampoos, deodorants, conditioners, and toothpastes. I found "Dr. Bronner's Unscented Pure-Castile Soap" at a health food store and used that today to shower with as well as wash my hair with. I am highly allergic to any dyes or scents. I no longer wear fragrance of any kind. For soap I had been using Dove Unscented, but I noticed that it contains SLS, which is a toxic chemical. I actually found some products at the health food store that did contain SLS and I stayed far away from them.

I have not found any toothpaste yet that is chemical free and would like suggestions on that. I do use baking soda as toothpaste, but it leaves a strong after taste even after much mouth rinsing.

I would also like suggestions on laundry detergent. I have been using Tide unscented, but I am wondering if it has an adverse effect. I prefer to hang my clothes outside to dry as they seem so fresh and clean afterwards. Someone suggested I make my own washing soda but the soap to use has a strong fragrance that I am allergic to.

I have started eating organic eggs and find them very good. I cannot find any raw milk as it is illegal to purchase raw milk in the state of Virginia. But I did find some organic milk today that I have not tried yet. I haven't started reading labels for the chemicals in my food, but that will be next on my list. I would like advice on what to look for that I should avoid. I prefer to eat locally grown food. I had my first garden in 2005 and made a lot of salsa from it. I also harvest wild onions and berries.

As we live on the coast the town water and well water are laced with sodium. It is not recommended to use on gardens as it kills the plants. I wonder what it does for our bodies? Doctors have told their patients with high blood pressure not to drink it. So I started using bottled spring water. I hate using plastic of any kind, but everything seems to be made of plastic now. I tried to get home delivery for bottled water set up with glass bottles, but no company services our area.

My husband could care less about what he puts into his body. He usually eats what I fix and today I fixed organic eggs and whole wheat toast. He loved it but when I told him the eggs were organic he said they really weren't that good. When I tell him there are so many carcinogens in our products, he just shrugs and says we all have to die sometime. The doctor tells him to exercise but he refuses to do so. I walk every other day at 7 am while he sleeps. The other days I go to Curves. Since I cannot convince him I want to live my life healthy and maybe he will come around.

We are debt free except for a vehicle payment. My dream is to live on a mountain top in the wilderness, far away from civilization. I would love to be off-grid but my husband does not share my dream.

I hope to learn a lot from this group.

Susan

Check out AOL Money Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.

Guest guest

" tong ren " ?

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 10:48 PM, chicagodoggal <dogdoright wrote:

> hi, i am a student of tcm therapies mostly tong ren, i look forward to

> learning much from this group.

> amoore

>

--

, DAOM

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Guest guest

AFAIK, Tong Ren Tang was the name of a large family Chinese

pharmaceutical company (in Beijing), that was taken over by the government.

The formulations are now the governments officially approved TCM.

Unfortunately, this eliminated all the regional herbs and formulation.

Jeff

Al Stone wrote:

>

> " tong ren " ?

>

> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 10:48 PM, chicagodoggal <dogdoright

> <dogdoright%40aol.com>> wrote:

>

> > hi, i am a student of tcm therapies mostly tong ren, i look forward to

> > learning much from this group.

> > amoore

> >

>

> --

> , DAOM

> Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Al: Tong Ren Therapy by Tom Tam. A Qi Gong / Jungian model.

Hugo

Hugo Ramiro

http://middlemedicine.wordpress.com

http://www.chinesemedicaltherapies.org

Al Stone <al

Chinese Traditional Medicine

Sunday, 23 November, 2008 10:55:14

Re: [Chinese Traditional Medicine] intro

" tong ren " ?

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 10:48 PM, chicagodoggal <dogdoright (AT) aol (DOT) com> wrote:

> hi, i am a student of tcm therapies mostly tong ren, i look forward to

> learning much from this group.

> amoore

>

--

, DAOM

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Guest guest

Hi Ambrose,

Welcome and thanks for the intro!

Sounds like you REALLY have your hands full! I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures. :-)

Cyndi in California

In a message dated 5/30/2009 8:14:08 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, thestapletonfamily writes:

Hello everyone,Thank you for allowing me onto this group. I am a stay at home dad due to medical reasons and I am responsible for homeschooling my three boys ages 10, 12 and 13, my wonderful wife works as a manager for Subway. We live in Kodiak, Alaska and just purchased our first home. We are really seeking to learn a whole lot of new skills fishing, hunting, wildcrafting, gardening etc.... I have been learning to sew and sewing machine repair as well as homeopathy. We are looking forward to learning and hopefully helping answer any questions we can.Thank you for your time.Ambrose Stapleton

We found the real 'Hotel California' and the 'Seinfeld' diner. What will you find? Explore WhereItsAt.com.

Guest guest

Thank you Cyndi sorry its takes so long to respond. We have been having some

beautiful days and I have been trying to get lots of outside work done and

fishing. As a matter of fact I just got back from fishing and caught eight

cod's. My current adventure is in trying to get a boat and engine together so I

can do more subsistence fishing and get around to the hard to reach places for

firewood. If you have any questions about Alaska please feel free to ask.

Ambrose Stapleton

, cyndikrall wrote:

>

> Hi Ambrose,

>

> Welcome and thanks for the intro!

>

> Sounds like you REALLY have your hands full! I'm looking forward to hearing

> about your adventures. :-)

> Cyndi in California

>

>

> In a message dated 5/30/2009 8:14:08 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

> thestapletonfamily writes:

>

>

>

>

>

> Hello everyone,

>

> Thank you for allowing me onto this group. I am a stay at home dad due to

> medical reasons and I am responsible for homeschooling my three boys ages

> 10, 12 and 13, my wonderful wife works as a manager for Subway. We live in

> Kodiak, Alaska and just purchased our first home. We are really seeking to

> learn a whole lot of new skills fishing, hunting, wildcrafting, gardening

> etc.... I have been learning to sew and sewing machine repair as well as

> homeopathy. We are looking forward to learning and hopefully helping answer

any

> questions we can.

>

> Thank you for your time.

>

> Ambrose Stapleton

>

>

>

>

>

> **************We found the real ‘Hotel California’ and the ‘Seinfeld’

> diner. What will you find? Explore WhereItsAt.com.

>

(http://www.whereitsat.com/#/music/all-spots/355/47.796964/-66.374711/2/Youve-Fo\

und-Where-Its-At?ncid=eml

> cntnew00000007)

>

Guest guest

Hello

My name is Sugar, I am totally blind, have been for the past 13 years;still

enjoy all there is to life.

and I am excited to continue to keep learning about all the wonders of aroma

therepy and such

I'd like to thank Karen and Doug for introducing me to this group, and thanks to

the owner/mods for allowing me to be apart of such journey.

Sugar

People are like stained glass windows: They sparkle and shine when the sun is

out,

But when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a

light shining from within.

-Sugar