IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

morning sickness

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The last pregnancy I had I used B6...it helped a lot! I used it along with soda crackers and...I know its horrible...but cola (just a little in the mornings)...and I stopped having any problems. Thats just what worked for me.

Love & Light

Kelley

In a message dated 9/25/2002 3:43:18 PM Central Daylight Time, lisa.belcher writes:

Hi Suzi,

Per Adele Davis in her book: Let's Have Healthy Children, morning sickness is caused by vitamin B6 deficiency:

"For the past 30 years vitamin B6 has been used successfully in relieving the nausea and vomiting of pregnancy. Though nausea can be prevented by as little as 10mg daily, 25mg per meal are often needed to stop it. Once vomiting has started, 250mg or more daily are usually necessary."

Also:

"Nausea is usually aggravated by a drop in blood sugar, therefore, avoid the circumstances that tend to suddenly change blood sugar levels...."

" To prevent this drop in blood sugar, eat some protein with a little natural starch or sugar immediately before retiring ... eat again before getting up."

When I was pregnant, I started getting nauseous, but not really sick/vomiting. I discovered I had changed my breakfast to porridge and that my body was reacting to it. As soon as I changed to another type breakfast, I was okay. After that, I used to eat some cheese in the morning before getting up out of bed, and had no problems again.

Hope this helps.

Lisa

Guest guest

Hi Suzi,

Have you tried cloves? Cramp Bark? Try:

1 tspn cloves

1 tspn Turkey rhubarb

1 tspn Cinnamon

1 ounce Spearmint.

Simmer the first three in 1 pint of water for 5 minutes and pour over spearmint. Cover with lid and let steep until cool. Strain.

Don

-

Suzanne Nottmeier

herbal remedies

Wednesday, September 25, 2002 12:25 PM

[herbal remedies] morning sickness

Ok gang.... red raspberry tea is not working for my daughter-in-law..what else do we have..... for morning sickness.

Suzi

New DSL Internet Access from SBC & Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Hi Suzi,

Per Adele Davis in her book: Let's Have Healthy Children, morning sickness is caused by vitamin B6 deficiency:

"For the past 30 years vitamin B6 has been used successfully in relieving the nausea and vomiting of pregnancy. Though nausea can be prevented by as little as 10mg daily, 25mg per meal are often needed to stop it. Once vomiting has started, 250mg or more daily are usually necessary."

Also:

"Nausea is usually aggravated by a drop in blood sugar, therefore, avoid the circumstances that tend to suddenly change blood sugar levels...."

" To prevent this drop in blood sugar, eat some protein with a little natural starch or sugar immediately before retiring ... eat again before getting up."

When I was pregnant, I started getting nauseous, but not really sick/vomiting. I discovered I had changed my breakfast to porridge and that my body was reacting to it. As soon as I changed to another type breakfast, I was okay. After that, I used to eat some cheese in the morning before getting up out of bed, and had no problems again.

Hope this helps.

Lisa

-

Suzanne Nottmeier

herbal remedies

Wednesday, September 25, 2002 8:25 PM

Ok gang.... red raspberry tea is not working for my daughter-in-law..what else do we have..... for morning sickness.

Suzi

New DSL Internet Access from SBC & Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

soda crackers help with morning sickness!

Shelly

-

Donald Eitner

herbal remedies

Wednesday, September 25, 2002 2:10 PM

Re: [herbal remedies] morning sickness

Hi Suzi,

Have you tried cloves? Cramp Bark? Try:

1 tspn cloves

1 tspn Turkey rhubarb

1 tspn Cinnamon

1 ounce Spearmint.

Simmer the first three in 1 pint of water for 5 minutes and pour over spearmint. Cover with lid and let steep until cool. Strain.

Don

-

Suzanne Nottmeier

herbal remedies

Suzi

Guest guest

Morn Suzi,

1tspn. cloves

1tspn. Turkey rhubarb

1tspn. cinnamon

1oz. Spearmint

Simmer the first three herbs in 1 pint of water for 5 minutes; pour this decoction oiver the spearmint; put the lid on tightly and let this infuse until cool; strain.

Dosage: 2 tablespoonsfuls to 1/4 cup every 1/2 hour until the nauseated condition subsides.

Don

-

Suzanne Nottmeier

herbal remedies

Friday, September 27, 2002 5:58 AM

Lemonade or lemon egg? JUSTLY19 wrote: have her to try the lemon aide

Guest guest

Suzi, if she is not averted to peppermint, have her suck on a peppermint lozenge. Make sure it is real peppermint though. It's a quick fix for the nasties. I used a common Swiss herbal cough drop that I won't mention cause I don't want to get in trouble LOL! and don't stop drinking the raspberry leaf tea every day either, or she'll find out the hard way it was worse without the tea than with YIKES.

Janet

-

Suzanne Nottmeier

herbal remedies

Suzi

Guest guest

Hello Pearlmoon,

I'm not Doc but I'll share what I have.

I made this for a friend and it worked well for her. She's not pregnant,

just has frequent nausea. It's taken as needed about 2-3 tablespoons per

dose. It seems to last 4-6 hours for her.

To 4 cups of water, add two cups of thinly sliced fresh unpeeled ginger

root.

Simmer this on a low heat for 1/2 hour.

When done, add one cup of honey for flavor.

Store in a glass jar in refrigerator. Can survive up to 6 months.

To this point it should be ok for a pregnant woman. I'd check with Doc

about anything below here.

I took small but equal parts of Anise seed, Fennel Seeds, Cloves and

cinnamon and ground them down in a coffee grinder. I then added 1/8th tsp

of the mix to the above solution.

This was done just for flavoring, not any added medicinal usage.

Tastes pretty good... you may have to smack her hand to keep it around.

(grin)

Hope that's a help

Skip

-

pearlmoon

Thursday, December 05, 2002 5:57 PM

Hey Doc

I need your help ASAP. My friend told me that she is expecting a new baby

in July. Are there any herbs you know of to help calm morning sickness? I

know that ginger can calm an upset stomach, but I'm not sure about morning

sickness. Any advice from you or anyone else will be a big help. Thanks a

bunch!!

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.426 / Virus Database: 239 - Release 12/3/2002

Guest guest

Thank you Skip. I'll make up a batch for her.

Pearlmoon

- In herbal remedies, " Skip Taylor " <res08wix@v...> wrote:

> Hello Pearlmoon,

>

> I'm not Doc but I'll share what I have.

>

> I made this for a friend and it worked well for her. She's not

pregnant,

> just has frequent nausea. It's taken as needed about 2-3

tablespoons per

> dose. It seems to last 4-6 hours for her.

>

> To 4 cups of water, add two cups of thinly sliced fresh unpeeled

ginger

> root.

> Simmer this on a low heat for 1/2 hour.

> When done, add one cup of honey for flavor.

> Store in a glass jar in refrigerator. Can survive up to 6 months.

>

> To this point it should be ok for a pregnant woman. I'd check

with Doc

> about anything below here.

>

> I took small but equal parts of Anise seed, Fennel Seeds, Cloves

and

> cinnamon and ground them down in a coffee grinder. I then added

1/8th tsp

> of the mix to the above solution.

>

> This was done just for flavoring, not any added medicinal usage.

>

> Tastes pretty good... you may have to smack her hand to keep it

around.

> (grin)

>

> Hope that's a help

> Skip

>

> -

> pearlmoon

> Thursday, December 05, 2002 5:57 PM

> [herbal remedies] morning sickness

>

>

> Hey Doc

>

> I need your help ASAP. My friend told me that she is expecting a

new baby

> in July. Are there any herbs you know of to help calm morning

sickness? I

> know that ginger can calm an upset stomach, but I'm not sure about

morning

> sickness. Any advice from you or anyone else will be a big help.

Thanks a

> bunch!!

>

>

>

> ---

> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

> Version: 6.0.426 / Virus Database: 239 - Release 12/3/2002

Guest guest

Dear Pearlmoon,

Skip's advice is very good. The only thing I might add is peppermint to the second mixture. A combination of Fennel Seed, Peppermint, and Ginger is great for any kind of nausea or morning sickness.

Love,

Doc

Ian "Doc" Shillington N.D.505-772-5889Dr.IanShillington

-

Skip Taylor

herbal remedies

Friday, December 06, 2002 1:24 AM

Hello Pearlmoon,I'm not Doc but I'll share what I have.I made this for a friend and it worked well for her. She's not pregnant,just has frequent nausea. It's taken as needed about 2-3 tablespoons perdose. It seems to last 4-6 hours for her.To 4 cups of water, add two cups of thinly sliced fresh unpeeled gingerroot.Simmer this on a low heat for 1/2 hour.When done, add one cup of honey for flavor.Store in a glass jar in refrigerator. Can survive up to 6 months.To this point it should be ok for a pregnant woman. I'd check with Docabout anything below here.I took small but equal parts of Anise seed, Fennel Seeds, Cloves andcinnamon and ground them down in a coffee grinder. I then added 1/8th tspof the mix to the above solution.This was done just for flavoring, not any added medicinal usage.Tastes pretty good... you may have to smack her hand to keep it around.(grin)Hope that's a helpSkip-pearlmoonThursday, December 05, 2002 5:57 PM[herbal remedies] morning sicknessHey DocI need your help ASAP. My friend told me that she is expecting a new babyin July. Are there any herbs you know of to help calm morning sickness? Iknow that ginger can calm an upset stomach, but I'm not sure about morningsickness. Any advice from you or anyone else will be a big help. Thanks abunch!!

Guest guest

OOoooops. I made a boo-boo. This may not be obvious to everyone... seems I

mentioned this very thing to someone else off-list recently.... now I'm

guilty of it!!!

I forgot to tell you that I strained it through cheesecloth prior to adding

the honey.

That should teach me to post when I'm half asleep. :)

-

" Skip Taylor " <res08wix

<herbal remedies >

Friday, December 06, 2002 12:24 AM

Hello Pearlmoon,

I'm not Doc but I'll share what I have.

I made this for a friend and it worked well for her. She's not pregnant,

just has frequent nausea. It's taken as needed about 2-3 tablespoons per

dose. It seems to last 4-6 hours for her.

To 4 cups of water, add two cups of thinly sliced fresh unpeeled ginger

root.

Simmer this on a low heat for 1/2 hour.

When done, add one cup of honey for flavor.

Store in a glass jar in refrigerator. Can survive up to 6 months.

To this point it should be ok for a pregnant woman. I'd check with Doc

about anything below here.

I took small but equal parts of Anise seed, Fennel Seeds, Cloves and

cinnamon and ground them down in a coffee grinder. I then added 1/8th tsp

of the mix to the above solution.

This was done just for flavoring, not any added medicinal usage.

Tastes pretty good... you may have to smack her hand to keep it around.

(grin)

Hope that's a help

Skip

-

pearlmoon

Hey Doc

I need your help ASAP. My friend told me that she is expecting a new baby

in July. Are there any herbs you know of to help calm morning sickness? I

know that ginger can calm an upset stomach, but I'm not sure about morning

sickness. Any advice from you or anyone else will be a big help. Thanks a

bunch!!

---

Version: 6.0.426 / Virus Database: 239 - Release 12/3/2002

Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following:

1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire.

2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural

remedy.

3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and to

prescribe for your own health.

We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as

they behave themselves.

Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person

following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk.

It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from

list members, you are agreeing to

be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and

members free of any liability.

Dr. Ian Shillington

Doctor of Naturopathy

Dr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Pearlmoon,

Search the messages under morning sickness or nausea, there was alot of suggestions and herbs about 2 months ago I believe.

Suzi

pearlmoon wrote:

Hey DocI need your help ASAP. My friend told me that she is expecting a new babyin July. Are there any herbs you know of to help calm morning sickness? Iknow that ginger can calm an upset stomach, but I'm not sure about morningsickness. Any advice from you or anyone else will be a big help. Thanks abunch!!PearlmoonFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Red Raspberry leaf tea, a cup a day kept the barfies away for me. And peppermint if she has a breakthrough, like when the hubby comes in and tries to hand you a big greasy burrito EEWWWW! LOL!

Janet

-

pearlmoon

herbal remedies

Hey DocI need your help ASAP. My friend told me that she is expecting a new babyin July. Are there any herbs you know of to help calm morning sickness? Iknow that ginger can calm an upset stomach, but I'm not sure about morningsickness. Any advice from you or anyone else will be a big help. Thanks abunch!!PearlmoonFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Janet

Yes, I've heard of raspberry tea but I wasn't sure. I read that for hundreds of years in Europe would drink raspberry tea and most of those women would have an easier labor. Wish I would have known about that 17 years ago.

Pearlmoon

-

Dragonhealer

herbal remedies

Friday, December 06, 2002 8:32 PM

Red Raspberry leaf tea, a cup a day kept the barfies away for me. And peppermint if she has a breakthrough, like when the hubby comes in and tries to hand you a big greasy burrito EEWWWW! LOL!

Janet

-

pearlmoon

herbal remedies

Guest guest

Thanks a bunch Doc. I have all of those in the house right now. I'll be making up a batch this afternoon. I'm grateful for all the help from everyone.

Pearlmon

-

Dr. Ian Shillington

herbal remedies

Friday, December 06, 2002 11:43 AM

Dear Pearlmoon,

Skip's advice is very good. The only thing I might add is peppermint to the second mixture. A combination of Fennel Seed, Peppermint, and Ginger is great for any kind of nausea or morning sickness.

Love,

Doc

Ian "Doc" Shillington N.D.505-772-5889Dr.IanShillington

-

Skip Taylor

herbal remedies

Friday, December 06, 2002 1:24 AM

Hello Pearlmoon,I'm not Doc but I'll share what I have.I made this for a friend and it worked well for her. She's not pregnant,just has frequent nausea. It's taken as needed about 2-3 tablespoons perdose. It seems to last 4-6 hours for her.To 4 cups of water, add two cups of thinly sliced fresh unpeeled gingerroot.Simmer this on a low heat for 1/2 hour.When done, add one cup of honey for flavor.Store in a glass jar in refrigerator. Can survive up to 6 months.To this point it should be ok for a pregnant woman. I'd check with Docabout anything below here.I took small but equal parts of Anise seed, Fennel Seeds, Cloves andcinnamon and ground them down in a coffee grinder. I then added 1/8th tspof the mix to the above solution.This was done just for flavoring, not any added medicinal usage.Tastes pretty good... you may have to smack her hand to keep it around.(grin)Hope that's a helpSkip-pearlmoonThursday, December 05, 2002 5:57 PM[herbal remedies] morning sicknessHey DocI need your help ASAP. My friend told me that she is expecting a new babyin July. Are there any herbs you know of to help calm morning sickness? Iknow that ginger can calm an upset stomach, but I'm not sure about morningsickness. Any advice from you or anyone else will be a big help. Thanks abunch!!Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

herbal remedies , <pearlmoon@a...> wrote:

> Hey Doc

>

> I need your help ASAP. My friend told me that she is expecting a

new baby

> in July. Are there any herbs you know of to help calm morning

sickness? I

> know that ginger can calm an upset stomach, but I'm not sure about

morning

> sickness. Any advice from you or anyone else will be a big help.

Thanks a

> bunch!!

>

> Pearlmoon

This is not an herbal, but it works. Have her try the " seabands "

that are used for motion sickness. You wear them on your wrists. I

used them and found relief and my sister who gets VERY sick with

morning sickness uses them with great success!

As for herbals, I have used wild yam tincture, but only a couple

times. It did work. Mints are good as well as ginger.

Blessings,

Amanda

Guest guest

Isn't honey a no-no for pregnancy and a child under the age of 1?

Hugs, Michele

> OOoooops. I made a boo-boo. This may not be obvious to everyone... seems

I

> mentioned this very thing to someone else off-list recently.... now I'm

> guilty of it!!!

>

> I forgot to tell you that I strained it through cheesecloth prior to

adding

> the honey.

>

> That should teach me to post when I'm half asleep. :)

>

>

> I made this for a friend and it worked well for her. She's not pregnant,

> just has frequent nausea. It's taken as needed about 2-3 tablespoons per

> dose. It seems to last 4-6 hours for her.

>

> To 4 cups of water, add two cups of thinly sliced fresh unpeeled ginger

> root.

> Simmer this on a low heat for 1/2 hour.

> When done, add one cup of honey for flavor.

> Store in a glass jar in refrigerator. Can survive up to 6 months.

>

> To this point it should be ok for a pregnant woman. I'd check with Doc

> about anything below here.

>

> I took small but equal parts of Anise seed, Fennel Seeds, Cloves and

> cinnamon and ground them down in a coffee grinder. I then added 1/8th

tsp

> of the mix to the above solution.

>

> This was done just for flavoring, not any added medicinal usage.

>

> Tastes pretty good... you may have to smack her hand to keep it around.

> (grin)

>

> Hope that's a help

> Skip

>

Guest guest

Use certified organic raw honey, it is perfectly safe.

Janet

-

Michele E. Townsend

herbal remedies

Sunday, December 08, 2002 10:40 PM

Isn't honey a no-no for pregnancy and a child under the age of 1?Hugs, Michele> OOoooops. I made a boo-boo. This may not be obvious to everyone... seemsI> mentioned this very thing to someone else off-list recently.... now I'm> guilty of it!!!>> I forgot to tell you that I strained it through cheesecloth prior toadding> the honey.>> That should teach me to post when I'm half asleep. :)>>> I made this for a friend and it worked well for her. She's not pregnant,> just has frequent nausea. It's taken as needed about 2-3 tablespoons per> dose. It seems to last 4-6 hours for her.>> To 4 cups of water, add two cups of thinly sliced fresh unpeeled ginger> root.> Simmer this on a low heat for 1/2 hour.> When done, add one cup of honey for flavor.> Store in a glass jar in refrigerator. Can survive up to 6 months.>> To this point it should be ok for a pregnant woman. I'd check with Doc> about anything below here.>> I took small but equal parts of Anise seed, Fennel Seeds, Cloves and> cinnamon and ground them down in a coffee grinder. I then added 1/8thtsp> of the mix to the above solution.>> This was done just for flavoring, not any added medicinal usage.>> Tastes pretty good... you may have to smack her hand to keep it around.> (grin)>> Hope that's a help> Skip>Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

As do I

Dragonhealer [dragonhealing] Monday, December 09, 2002 3:15 PMherbal remedies Subject: Re: [herbal remedies] morning sickness

Use certified organic raw honey, it is perfectly safe.

Janet

-

Michele E. Townsend

herbal remedies

Sunday, December 08, 2002 10:40 PM

Isn't honey a no-no for pregnancy and a child under the age of 1?Hugs, Michele> OOoooops. I made a boo-boo. This may not be obvious to everyone... seemsI> mentioned this very thing to someone else off-list recently.... now I'm> guilty of it!!!>> I forgot to tell you that I strained it through cheesecloth prior toadding> the honey.>> That should teach me to post when I'm half asleep. :)>>> I made this for a friend and it worked well for her. She's not pregnant,> just has frequent nausea. It's taken as needed about 2-3 tablespoons per> dose. It seems to last 4-6 hours for her.>> To 4 cups of water, add two cups of thinly sliced fresh unpeeled ginger> root.> Simmer this on a low heat for 1/2 hour.> When done, add one cup of honey for flavor.> Store in a glass jar in refrigerator. Can survive up to 6 months.>> To this point it should be ok for a pregnant woman. I'd check with Doc> about anything below here.>> I took small but equal parts of Anise seed, Fennel Seeds, Cloves and> cinnamon and ground them down in a coffee grinder. I then added 1/8thtsp> of the mix to the above solution.>> This was done just for flavoring, not any added medicinal usage.>> Tastes pretty good... you may have to smack her hand to keep it around.> (grin)>> Hope that's a help> Skip>Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Thanks Amanda

I have never heard of seabands. Where can I find them?

Pearlmoon

> This is not an herbal, but it works. Have her try the " seabands "

> that are used for motion sickness. You wear them on your wrists. I

> used them and found relief and my sister who gets VERY sick with

> morning sickness uses them with great success!

>

> As for herbals, I have used wild yam tincture, but only a couple

> times. It did work. Mints are good as well as ginger.

>

> Blessings,

> Amanda

Guest guest

motion sickness bands

pearlmoon wrote:

Thanks AmandaI have never heard of seabands. Where can I find them?Pearlmoon> This is not an herbal, but it works. Have her try the "seabands" > that are used for motion sickness. You wear them on your wrists. I > used them and found relief and my sister who gets VERY sick with > morning sickness uses them with great success!> > As for herbals, I have used wild yam tincture, but only a couple > times. It did work. Mints are good as well as ginger. > > Blessings, > AmandaFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

herbal remedies , <pearlmoon@a...> wrote:

> Thanks Amanda

>

> I have never heard of seabands. Where can I find them?

>

> Pearlmoon

>

You should be able to find them at any pharmacy or drug store (even

places like walmart, target, and kmart carry them if you shop at

these places)--they are for motion sickness. They are elastic bands

that you wear on your wrists that use the pressure points on the

wrists to stop nausea.

Hope this helps.

Amanda

Guest guest

Dear Jen,

Namaste.

Thank you for your email.

Medical Background:

Morning sickness refers to the nausea and vomiting

that some women have when they become pregnant. It is

caused by the sudden increase in hormones during

pregnancy. Although morning sickness is more common in

the morning, it can last all day for some women.

Morning sickness is very common early in a pregnancy.

It tends to go away later in pregnancy, and it's

almost always gone by the second trimester (the fourth

month). But there isn't a set time for it to stop

because each woman is different, and each pregnancy is

different.

Morning sickness does not hurt the unborn child unless

the mother can't keep any foods or fluids down and

begins to lose a lot of weight. Many doctors think

morning sickness is a good sign because it means the

afterbirth (the placenta and fetal membranes) is

developing well.

Pranic Healing:

1. Invoke and scan before, during and after

treatment.

NOTE: It is normal for pregnant women to have strong

solar plexus, navel, sex basic and meng mein chakras

and these chakras normally get even more activated as

the pregnancy progresses.

2. Touch your heart with the pads of the tips of the

fingers of your non-healing hand. Smile. Project

loving kindness to the patient. Maintain step 2 all

throu out the pranic healing treatment.

3. General sweeping. This must be done gently.

4. Localized thorough sweeping on the ajna chakra

alternately with LWG and ordinary LWV. Gently

energize with LWG, LWB and ordinary LWV.

5. Localized thorough sweeping on the front and back

solar plexus chakra and the liver. Energize the solar

plexus with LWG, LWB and more of oridnary LWV.

6. Localize thorough sweeping on the front and back

heart chakra. Energize through the back heart with

LWG and more of ordinary LWV.

7. Localized thorough sweeping on the jaw minor and

throat and secondary throat chakra. Energize with

LWG, LWB and ordinary LWV.

8. Localized GENTLY sweeping on the navel, sex and

basic chakras. Energize GENTLY with white.

9. Localized thorough sweeping on the crown, forehead

and back head minor chakra. Energize them with LWG

and more of ordinary LWV.

Stabilize and release projected pranic energy.

Repeat treatment three times per week.

Recommend for patient:

1. The tips below may help reduce morning sickness.

-Eat small meals throughout the day so that you're

never too full or too hungry.

-Avoid rich, fatty foods.

-Avoid foods with smells that bother you.

-Eat more carbohydrates (plain baked potato, white

rice, dry toast).

-Eat saltine crackers and other bland foods when you

feel nauseous.

-Try gelatin desserts (Jell-O), flavored frozen

desserts (popsicles), chicken broths, ginger ale

(nondiet), sugared decaffeinated or herbal teas, and

pretzels.

-The iron in prenatal vitamins can bother some women.

--If you think your morning sickness is related to

your vitamins, talk with your doctor and he or she may

change your vitamins.

-Wearing " acupressure " wrist bands, which are

sometimes used by passengers on boats to prevent sea

sickness, may help some women who have morning

sickness. You can buy the bands at boating stores or

travel agencies.

2. Visualize your unborn child. Bless the child with

qualities you wish him/her to have.

3. Make a list of blessings and thanks giving and say

them several times each day for yourself, your

husband, family and environment.

4. Pranic breathing (6-3-6-3) for 12 cycles three

times or more each day ( upon waking, mid day and

before bedtime).

Love,

Marilette

====================================================

--- J <jenbaz wrote:

> Hi Marilette

> My friend is newly pregnant (aout 2 months) and

> suffering severely from

> nausea. She says even the smell of her husband makes

> her vomit! She is

> also feeling extremely tired.

> Thanks,

> Jenny

>

> =====

> Jen

>

>

>

> Protect your identity with Mail AddressGuard

> http://antispam./whatsnewfree

>

=====

Pranic Healing is not intended to replace orthodox medicine, but rather to

complement it. If symptoms persist or the ailment is severe, please consult

immediately a medical doctor and a Certified Pranic Healer . ~ Master Choa Kok

Sui

Miracles do not happen in contradiction to nature, but only to that which is

known to us in nature. ~ St. Augustine

Protect your identity with Mail AddressGuard

http://antispam./whatsnewfree

Guest guest

Hydration I think is the best thing. I know that is feels icky when you

drink it but I think in the long run (1 week to 3 days) she will feel

better. I have had little success with this but my nausea is more toxic

related.

Ostrowski [Odesign1]

Saturday, June 05, 2004 7:11 AM

herbal remedies

Herbal Remedies - Morning sickness

Girls or guys...What has any of you used for morning sickness.? I have a

list of some herbs but would like to hear from someone who has had some

success with this. No it's not for me !.....Mary O

Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following:

1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire.

2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural

remedy.

3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician

and to prescribe for your own health.

We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long

as

they behave themselves.

Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any

person

following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk.

It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products

from list members, you are agreeing to

be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and

members free of any liability.

Dr. Ian Shillington

Doctor of Naturopathy

Dr.IanShillington

Guest guest

I have heard of ginger tea being the best.

Also there is a company, I don’t know which you’d have to research

it that makes ginger lollipops specifically for pregnant women.

liz

Ostrowski

[Odesign1]

Saturday, June 05, 2004

11:11 AM

herbal remedies

Herbal Remedies - Morning

sickness

Girls or guys...What has any of you used for morning sickness.? I have

a

list of some

herbs but would like to hear from someone who has had some

success with

this.

No it's not

for me !.....Mary O

---

Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

Version: 6.0.689 / Virus Database: 450 - Release 5/21/2004

---

Version: 6.0.689 / Virus Database: 450 - Release 5/21/2004

Guest guest

We have a friend that is pregnant (we wish it were us!!!), and she has awful morning sickness. I suggested taking a fresh root of ginger, grating about a teaspoon to a tablespoon's worth, and steeping it in hot water for 20 minutes, and drinking the tea. It sure seems to help. She keeps some brewed at all times, sips it cold first thing in the mornings, all through the day. As I said, it sure seems to help.

JohnOstrowski <Odesign1 wrote:

Girls or guys...What has any of you used for morning sickness.? I have alist of some herbs but would like to hear from someone who has had somesuccess with this.No it's not for me !.....Mary O

Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Messenger