IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Quitting Nicotine while Water Fasting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have some questions that I thought perhaps others in this group may be able to advise/help with also, so I am addressing this post to the group as a whole. I have contemplated for a long time now, to go on an extended water fast and to stop nicotine use at the same time. In other words, I have been thinking about quitting nicotine (smoking) at the SAME TIME as I begin an extended water fast. Now, if I were to do this, (and I am not certain that this is the way to go; input needed here!) I would plan it so that I could have TOTAL REST during my fast - I would do raw foods only for 2-3 days prior to beginning my water fast, and then on day one of my water fast, I would also QUIT NICOTINE. (stop smoking) In the past, I would NEVER have considered quitting nicotine during a fast - crazy! For that is

when I want to (uncontrollably?) eat everything in sight! I always figured, it was difficult enough to be quitting the nicotine, without adding water fasting at the same time!! BUT my thinking is changing on this. I am starting to think that maybe water fasting - while ridding my body of nicotine at the same time - would be a GOOD thing to do, because I am thinking that, because I will be on TOTAL REST (mostly in bed) that the few days that it takes to eliminate the nicotine from my body, it may be easier to get through the initial physical withdrawals, etc. while water fasting at the same time..... ?? I know what smoking is doing to my body. I know all of the dangers. I am a "Professional Quitter" - it has always been KEEPING the quit that I have had a problem with. I am approaching my 50th birthday, (Christmas Day) and I want to be nicotine-free BEFORE I turn 50. So I need

to get a plan going, and then act on it. I will always be a nicotine addict - but I do NOT have to continue to use nicotine!! Now, I want to STOP being stupid, and get control of this nicotine addiction - Conquer it, once and for all. And I am thinking that MAYBE my first week of quitting, that it would HELP the process along by also water fasting....?? Any thoughts/tips/advice/and/or general input on this would be greatly appreciated, as I am definatly not knowledgeable enough on this subject as I would like to be. In all of my previous fasts, I have continued to smoke - and even while realizing how ridiculous that the combination was, I still continued to smoke. (This is an addict talking here.) Thanks for any and all input; appreciate it! Best Regards ~ JoJo

Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Small Business.

Guest guest

I am not sure what to tell you, except do it. I quit in 1974 by smoking a cigar then chewing it the rest of the day. After the second day I quit completely. I have not smoked since. I have fasted a few times. You probably do not need to go to bed during fasting. If you have fasted before it should be easier the next time. Some people work out during a fast. It depends on what you can do.

You need motivation during a fast. Mine was my Dad dies of a massive heart attach at age 61. I am now 67. I put two files on EFT. It is a motivational tool.

Best Regards, Robert Ratliffin La Chorrera, Panama

-

JoJo 46580

JoJo

Sunday, October 15, 2006 9:11 AM

Quitting Nicotine while Water Fasting

I have some questions that I thought perhaps others in

this group may be able to advise/help with also, so I am addressing

this post to the group as a whole.

I have contemplated for a long time now, to go on an extended water fast

and to stop nicotine use at the same time. In other words, I have been thinking

about quitting nicotine (smoking) at the SAME TIME as I begin an extended water fast.

Guest guest

You sound very compelled to quit and I think that truly is a

wonderful sign. I quit smoking a few years ago while doing the

Master Cleanser. I was able to stay away for about 2 months but

then old routines and going out with old friends (smokers) got me

started again. I thought I could justify 3 or 4 a week and was able

to maintain this for a month or two. Then it was all over. I think

depression and old familiarity was a significant factor. I quit a

couple more times doing the Master Cleanser each year for the

following couple of years, and each time lasted a period of a month

or two. So I can attest that fasting purges out the nicotine and

gets rid of the physical addiction. There was with me however a

very strong mental addiction.

Over a year ago someone entered my life and that same week I decided

to fast, quit, and took it one step further. I went on 100% raw

food for 2 months. I haven't smoked since and that experience

changed my world enough that I could look at smokers, smoking, food,

my body, and my addictions in a different light. It was a big

enough change that I jumped the tracks and started a new path. Good

luck and God bless you.

, JoJo 46580

<jojo46580 wrote:

>

> I have some questions that I thought perhaps others in

> this group may be able to advise/help with also, so I am

addressing

> this post to the group as a whole.

>

> I have contemplated for a long time now, to go on an extended

water fast

> and to stop nicotine use at the same time. In other words, I

have been thinking

> about quitting nicotine (smoking) at the SAME TIME as I begin

an extended water fast.

>

> Now, if I were to do this, (and I am not certain that this is

the way to go; input needed here!) I would plan it so that I could

have TOTAL REST during my fast - I would do raw foods only for 2-3

days prior to beginning my water fast, and then on day one of my

water fast, I would also QUIT NICOTINE. (stop smoking)

>

> In the past, I would NEVER have considered quitting nicotine

during a fast - crazy! For that is when I want to (uncontrollably?)

eat everything in sight! I always figured, it was difficult enough

to be quitting the nicotine, without adding water fasting at the

same time!!

>

> BUT my thinking is changing on this. I am starting to think

that maybe water fasting - while ridding my body of nicotine at the

same time - would be a GOOD thing to do, because I am thinking that,

because I will be on TOTAL REST (mostly in bed) that the few days

that it takes to eliminate the nicotine from my body, it may be

easier to get through the initial physical withdrawals, etc. while

water fasting at the same time..... ??

>

> I know what smoking is doing to my body. I know all of the

dangers. I am a " Professional Quitter " - it has always been KEEPING

the quit that I have had a problem with. I am approaching my 50th

birthday, (Christmas Day) and I want to be nicotine-free BEFORE I

turn 50. So I need to get a plan going, and then act on it. I will

always be a nicotine addict - but I do NOT have to continue to use

nicotine!!

>

> Now, I want to STOP being stupid, and get control of this

nicotine addiction - Conquer it, once and for all. And I am

thinking that MAYBE my first week of quitting, that it would HELP

the process along by also water fasting....??

>

> Any thoughts/tips/advice/and/or general input on this would be

greatly appreciated, as I am definatly not knowledgeable enough on

this subject as I would like to be. In all of my previous fasts, I

have continued to smoke - and even while realizing how ridiculous

that the combination was, I still continued to smoke. (This is an

addict talking here.)

>

> Thanks for any and all input; appreciate it!

>

> Best Regards ~

> JoJo

>

>

>

> Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Small Business.

>

Guest guest

Thank you so much for posting that; I really liked reading what you wrote; very interesting story, and inspirational. I appreciate your sharing that! Best Regards~ JoJonature_luver333 <revcarson wrote: You sound very compelled to quit and I think that truly is a wonderful sign. I quit smoking a few years ago while doing the Master Cleanser. I was able to stay away for about 2 months but then old routines and going out with old friends (smokers)

got me started again. I thought I could justify 3 or 4 a week and was able to maintain this for a month or two. Then it was all over. I think depression and old familiarity was a significant factor. I quit a couple more times doing the Master Cleanser each year for the following couple of years, and each time lasted a period of a month or two. So I can attest that fasting purges out the nicotine and gets rid of the physical addiction. There was with me however a very strong mental addiction. Over a year ago someone entered my life and that same week I decided to fast, quit, and took it one step further. I went on 100% raw food for 2 months. I haven't smoked since and that experience changed my world enough that I could look at smokers, smoking, food, my body, and my addictions in a different light. It was a big enough change that I jumped the tracks and started a new path. Good luck and God bless you.

, JoJo 46580 <jojo46580 wrote:>> I have some questions that I thought perhaps others in> this group may be able to advise/help with also, so I am addressing > this post to the group as a whole.> > I have contemplated for a long time now, to go on an extended water fast> and to stop nicotine use at the same time. In other words, I have been thinking> about quitting nicotine (smoking) at the SAME TIME as I begin an extended water fast.> > Now, if I were to do this, (and I am not certain that this is the way to go; input needed here!) I would plan it so that I could have TOTAL REST during my fast - I would do raw foods only for 2-3 days prior to beginning my water fast, and then on day one of my water fast, I would also QUIT NICOTINE.

(stop smoking)> > In the past, I would NEVER have considered quitting nicotine during a fast - crazy! For that is when I want to (uncontrollably?) eat everything in sight! I always figured, it was difficult enough to be quitting the nicotine, without adding water fasting at the same time!! > > BUT my thinking is changing on this. I am starting to think that maybe water fasting - while ridding my body of nicotine at the same time - would be a GOOD thing to do, because I am thinking that, because I will be on TOTAL REST (mostly in bed) that the few days that it takes to eliminate the nicotine from my body, it may be easier to get through the initial physical withdrawals, etc. while water fasting at the same time..... ??> > I know what smoking is doing to my body. I know all of the dangers. I am a "Professional Quitter" - it has always been KEEPING the quit that I have had a problem

with. I am approaching my 50th birthday, (Christmas Day) and I want to be nicotine-free BEFORE I turn 50. So I need to get a plan going, and then act on it. I will always be a nicotine addict - but I do NOT have to continue to use nicotine!!> > Now, I want to STOP being stupid, and get control of this nicotine addiction - Conquer it, once and for all. And I am thinking that MAYBE my first week of quitting, that it would HELP the process along by also water fasting....??> > Any thoughts/tips/advice/and/or general input on this would be greatly appreciated, as I am definatly not knowledgeable enough on this subject as I would like to be. In all of my previous fasts, I have continued to smoke - and even while realizing how ridiculous that the combination was, I still continued to smoke. (This is an addict talking here.)> > Thanks for any and all input; appreciate

it!> > Best Regards ~> JoJo> > > > Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Small Business.> <a href="http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php?n=2 & r_by=jojo46580%40earthlink.net">Join our club and swap paperback books for FREE - PaperBackSwap.com</a> Say I sent you!

Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.

Guest guest

Hi,

I just wanted to add a thought. When I water fasted for 7 days

before 30 days of juice (juicing fruits and vegies) I found the

water fast made me sick for the entire time. I will spend my water

fasts at home totally in the future - some people can exercise

through it - the lightheaded, achy, dizzy stuff didn't make it

possible to exercise until I started the juice. I didn't do all

this with smoking addiction because I had quit 12 yrs ago. I want

you to know I understand the habit alot and our rationalization and

needs for it.

I found alot of info on www.freedomyou.com search under fasting and

addiction which is one area but there are lots of inspirational

articles that got me through each fast. It may specifically say how

to clear the body from addiction.

I have not done psyllum husks with a fast. I did do the colon

cleanse with the hot water bottle (enema) as uncomfortable

(cramping) and time consuming it was - it was the only way the

toxins were going to definitely come out.

Some don't do any enemas when they fast. I had to keep things

moving through daily or every other day. I think with smoking there

would be an even bigger reason too.

I, at 44, have had incredible changes with the two fasts I have

done, 50 pound weight loss and a new life. My struggle is going

back to food and not overeating (although many of my food choices

have been good, just how much of it). Tend to stretch that shrunken

stomach out.

I occassionally colon cleanse if I don't feel things are moving

along but I am careful to know it isn't something to use in place of

fiber from food in my diet.

I support you and send you powerful energy to give yourself this

amazing gift. You will not regret it.

A smoker always quits many many times and then that one time comes

where it sticks. Those other times were not wasted, they were

necessary.

Take care

Karen

, JoJo 46580

<jojo46580 wrote:

>

> I have some questions that I thought perhaps others in

> this group may be able to advise/help with also, so I am

addressing

> this post to the group as a whole.

>

> I have contemplated for a long time now, to go on an extended

water fast

> and to stop nicotine use at the same time. In other words, I

have been thinking

> about quitting nicotine (smoking) at the SAME TIME as I begin

an extended water fast.

>

> Now, if I were to do this, (and I am not certain that this is

the way to go; input needed here!) I would plan it so that I could

have TOTAL REST during my fast - I would do raw foods only for 2-3

days prior to beginning my water fast, and then on day one of my

water fast, I would also QUIT NICOTINE. (stop smoking)

>

> In the past, I would NEVER have considered quitting nicotine

during a fast - crazy! For that is when I want to (uncontrollably?)

eat everything in sight! I always figured, it was difficult enough

to be quitting the nicotine, without adding water fasting at the

same time!!

>

> BUT my thinking is changing on this. I am starting to think

that maybe water fasting - while ridding my body of nicotine at the

same time - would be a GOOD thing to do, because I am thinking that,

because I will be on TOTAL REST (mostly in bed) that the few days

that it takes to eliminate the nicotine from my body, it may be

easier to get through the initial physical withdrawals, etc. while

water fasting at the same time..... ??

>

> I know what smoking is doing to my body. I know all of the

dangers. I am a " Professional Quitter " - it has always been KEEPING

the quit that I have had a problem with. I am approaching my 50th

birthday, (Christmas Day) and I want to be nicotine-free BEFORE I

turn 50. So I need to get a plan going, and then act on it. I will

always be a nicotine addict - but I do NOT have to continue to use

nicotine!!

>

> Now, I want to STOP being stupid, and get control of this

nicotine addiction - Conquer it, once and for all. And I am

thinking that MAYBE my first week of quitting, that it would HELP

the process along by also water fasting....??

>

> Any thoughts/tips/advice/and/or general input on this would be

greatly appreciated, as I am definatly not knowledgeable enough on

this subject as I would like to be. In all of my previous fasts, I

have continued to smoke - and even while realizing how ridiculous

that the combination was, I still continued to smoke. (This is an

addict talking here.)

>

> Thanks for any and all input; appreciate it!

>

> Best Regards ~

> JoJo

>

>

>

> Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Small Business.

>

Guest guest

Hi Karen, and thanks for your reply; good stuff! I am ready to start my fast, and I just wish that it was at the right time where I can take a week off of work; that is what I need to do, in order to do it correctily. As I said before, I need to be at home while waterfasting. It is good to hear from someone else who also feels the same way! I will definatly be starting on my fasting journey my first opportunity, and I am hoping that it will work out for me to do so, before Christmas time. Thanks Again for your input; appreciate it! Best Regards ~ JoJotrbejohn2002 <johnsonkaren wrote: Hi,I just wanted to add a thought. When I water fasted for 7 days before 30 days of juice (juicing fruits and vegies) I found the water fast made me sick for the entire time. I will spend my water fasts at home totally in the future - some people can exercise through it - the lightheaded, achy, dizzy stuff didn't make it possible to exercise until I started the juice. I didn't do all this with smoking addiction because I had quit 12 yrs ago. I want you to know I understand the habit alot and our rationalization and needs for it. I found alot of info on www.freedomyou.com search under fasting and addiction which is one area but there are lots of inspirational articles that got me through each

fast. It may specifically say how to clear the body from addiction. I have not done psyllum husks with a fast. I did do the colon cleanse with the hot water bottle (enema) as uncomfortable (cramping) and time consuming it was - it was the only way the toxins were going to definitely come out. Some don't do any enemas when they fast. I had to keep things moving through daily or every other day. I think with smoking there would be an even bigger reason too. I, at 44, have had incredible changes with the two fasts I have done, 50 pound weight loss and a new life. My struggle is going back to food and not overeating (although many of my food choices have been good, just how much of it). Tend to stretch that shrunken stomach out. I occassionally colon cleanse if I don't feel things are moving along but I am careful to know it isn't something to use in place of fiber from food in my diet. I support you and send

you powerful energy to give yourself this amazing gift. You will not regret it.A smoker always quits many many times and then that one time comes where it sticks. Those other times were not wasted, they were necessary.Take careKaren , JoJo 46580 <jojo46580 wrote:>> I have some questions that I thought perhaps others in> this group may be able to advise/help with also, so I am addressing > this post to the group as a whole.> > I have contemplated for a long time now, to go on an extended water fast> and to stop nicotine use at the same time. In other words, I have been thinking> about quitting nicotine (smoking) at the SAME TIME as I begin an extended water fast.> > Now, if I were to do this, (and I am not certain that this is

the way to go; input needed here!) I would plan it so that I could have TOTAL REST during my fast - I would do raw foods only for 2-3 days prior to beginning my water fast, and then on day one of my water fast, I would also QUIT NICOTINE. (stop smoking)> > In the past, I would NEVER have considered quitting nicotine during a fast - crazy! For that is when I want to (uncontrollably?) eat everything in sight! I always figured, it was difficult enough to be quitting the nicotine, without adding water fasting at the same time!! > > BUT my thinking is changing on this. I am starting to think that maybe water fasting - while ridding my body of nicotine at the same time - would be a GOOD thing to do, because I am thinking that, because I will be on TOTAL REST (mostly in bed) that the few days that it takes to eliminate the nicotine from my body, it may be easier to get through the initial

physical withdrawals, etc. while water fasting at the same time..... ??> > I know what smoking is doing to my body. I know all of the dangers. I am a "Professional Quitter" - it has always been KEEPING the quit that I have had a problem with. I am approaching my 50th birthday, (Christmas Day) and I want to be nicotine-free BEFORE I turn 50. So I need to get a plan going, and then act on it. I will always be a nicotine addict - but I do NOT have to continue to use nicotine!!> > Now, I want to STOP being stupid, and get control of this nicotine addiction - Conquer it, once and for all. And I am thinking that MAYBE my first week of quitting, that it would HELP the process along by also water fasting....??> > Any thoughts/tips/advice/and/or general input on this would be greatly appreciated, as I am definatly not knowledgeable enough on this subject as I would like to be.

In all of my previous fasts, I have continued to smoke - and even while realizing how ridiculous that the combination was, I still continued to smoke. (This is an addict talking here.)> > Thanks for any and all input; appreciate it!> > Best Regards ~> JoJo> > > > Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Small Business.>

All-new Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Guest guest

Another thought with water fasting. I did the 7 days running around

with my kids to a bunch of homeschooling park days and fall events

and it probably used more energy than I needed to use or should have

that week. I found I was fine if I was sitting (so driving I wasn't

dizzy, getting up after sitting was hard). By the 5th day some said

I didn't look so good so it probably was a greater need for rest. I

have the option to make sure in the spring I stay home and allow my

body to work without making more work for it.

If you job is somewhat solitary and sitting then you could do better

than if you had to run around.

Two other things to consider: people are not supportive of fasting

so co-workers and bosses and others if they see you not feeling good

and you are creating it, will share their opinions.

Also many people do not water fast at all - although it is a very

cleansing - do not minimize raw food and juicing and not starting

with water the first time. There is going to be alot of toxins

dumping so staying safe doing it while still trying to function in

our daily lives is very important.

You will do it. Someone said to me that my mindset changed and

moved to a higher energy level in this area of my life (weight and

food and deeper cleansing and health) and I think it did because all

previous attempts didn't produce these lasting results. You will

move into that higher consciousness and energy too. You are

preparing now.

Karen

, JoJo 46580

<jojo46580 wrote:

>

> Hi Karen, and thanks for your reply; good stuff!

>

> I am ready to start my fast, and I just wish that it was at the

right time where I can take a week off of work; that is what I need

to do, in order to do it correctily. As I said before, I need to be

at home while waterfasting. It is good to hear from someone else

who also feels the same way!

>

> I will definatly be starting on my fasting journey my first

opportunity, and I am hoping that it will work out for me to do so,

before Christmas time.

>

> Thanks Again for your input; appreciate it!

>

> Best Regards ~

> JoJo

>

> trbejohn2002 <johnsonkaren wrote:

> Hi,

> I just wanted to add a thought. When I water fasted for 7 days

> before 30 days of juice (juicing fruits and vegies) I found the

> water fast made me sick for the entire time. I will spend my water

> fasts at home totally in the future - some people can exercise

> through it - the lightheaded, achy, dizzy stuff didn't make it

> possible to exercise until I started the juice. I didn't do all

> this with smoking addiction because I had quit 12 yrs ago. I want

> you to know I understand the habit alot and our rationalization

and

> needs for it.

> I found alot of info on www.freedomyou.com search under fasting

and

> addiction which is one area but there are lots of inspirational

> articles that got me through each fast. It may specifically say

how

> to clear the body from addiction.

> I have not done psyllum husks with a fast. I did do the colon

> cleanse with the hot water bottle (enema) as uncomfortable

> (cramping) and time consuming it was - it was the only way the

> toxins were going to definitely come out.

> Some don't do any enemas when they fast. I had to keep things

> moving through daily or every other day. I think with smoking

there

> would be an even bigger reason too.

> I, at 44, have had incredible changes with the two fasts I have

> done, 50 pound weight loss and a new life. My struggle is going

> back to food and not overeating (although many of my food choices

> have been good, just how much of it). Tend to stretch that

shrunken

> stomach out.

> I occassionally colon cleanse if I don't feel things are moving

> along but I am careful to know it isn't something to use in place

of

> fiber from food in my diet.

> I support you and send you powerful energy to give yourself this

> amazing gift. You will not regret it.

> A smoker always quits many many times and then that one time comes

> where it sticks. Those other times were not wasted, they were

> necessary.

> Take care

> Karen

>

> , JoJo 46580

> <jojo46580@> wrote:

> >

> > I have some questions that I thought perhaps others in

> > this group may be able to advise/help with also, so I am

> addressing

> > this post to the group as a whole.

> >

> > I have contemplated for a long time now, to go on an extended

> water fast

> > and to stop nicotine use at the same time. In other words, I

> have been thinking

> > about quitting nicotine (smoking) at the SAME TIME as I begin

> an extended water fast.

> >

> > Now, if I were to do this, (and I am not certain that this is

> the way to go; input needed here!) I would plan it so that I could

> have TOTAL REST during my fast - I would do raw foods only for 2-3

> days prior to beginning my water fast, and then on day one of my

> water fast, I would also QUIT NICOTINE. (stop smoking)

> >

> > In the past, I would NEVER have considered quitting nicotine

> during a fast - crazy! For that is when I want to

(uncontrollably?)

> eat everything in sight! I always figured, it was difficult enough

> to be quitting the nicotine, without adding water fasting at the

> same time!!

> >

> > BUT my thinking is changing on this. I am starting to think

> that maybe water fasting - while ridding my body of nicotine at

the

> same time - would be a GOOD thing to do, because I am thinking

that,

> because I will be on TOTAL REST (mostly in bed) that the few days

> that it takes to eliminate the nicotine from my body, it may be

> easier to get through the initial physical withdrawals, etc. while

> water fasting at the same time..... ??

> >

> > I know what smoking is doing to my body. I know all of the

> dangers. I am a " Professional Quitter " - it has always been

KEEPING

> the quit that I have had a problem with. I am approaching my 50th

> birthday, (Christmas Day) and I want to be nicotine-free BEFORE I

> turn 50. So I need to get a plan going, and then act on it. I will

> always be a nicotine addict - but I do NOT have to continue to use

> nicotine!!

> >

> > Now, I want to STOP being stupid, and get control of this

> nicotine addiction - Conquer it, once and for all. And I am

> thinking that MAYBE my first week of quitting, that it would HELP

> the process along by also water fasting....??

> >

> > Any thoughts/tips/advice/and/or general input on this would be

> greatly appreciated, as I am definatly not knowledgeable enough on

> this subject as I would like to be. In all of my previous fasts, I

> have continued to smoke - and even while realizing how ridiculous

> that the combination was, I still continued to smoke. (This is an

> addict talking here.)

> >

> > Thanks for any and all input; appreciate it!

> >

> > Best Regards ~

> > JoJo

> >

> >

> >

> > Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Small Business.

> >

> All-new Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get

things done faster.

>