that consumes it!!

namaste

karl

In , " Tom " <tbell216> wrote:

> As I recall, this stuff is highly

> subsidized by the government also...

>

Guest guest

They are impossible to avoid if you are using processed foods. I have just discovered that even Braggs, Liquid Aminos which has been a long standing staple in my cupboard has had to remove the (NO MSG) from the label, because it does contain trace amounts- they didn't add it deliberately, but it is contained in some of the substances used to produce the product- and those substances don't have to be labeled !!!!!!! Where is the consistency here, and where has our sanity gone?

I am also interested in hearing about the negative effects of these two products.

zoe

Saturday, September 9, 2006, 7:14:41 AM, you wrote:

>

Doc, I am trying to avoid HF corn syrup like the plague. It is in everything processed! What do you know about the bad health effects of this stuff (and MSG). These 2 products are hard to avoid).

All-new Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Guest guest

My hubby did some research on HFCS due to our daughter also wanting to cut it out of her diet. He said he could find no obviously negative effects of it, but just the cumulative effects were not so good, like eating too much sugar, coffee or alcohol. Too much of anything is bad for you. And, like you said, it's in everything. Ketchup, for goddess sakes!! Who needs it in Ketchup! So, just become a label reader and decide which food is important to you and how much is too much for your own well-being.

He also found out it's in Honey - because bees produce it naturally during the manufacturing of it in the hive. So, you see, everthing in moderation.

Peace,

Kathi

herbal remedies [herbal remedies ] On Behalf Of zoe wSaturday, September 09, 2006 9:59 AMtony vergilatisRe: Herbal Remedies - High Fructose Corn Syrup

They are impossible to avoid if you are using processed foods. I have just discovered that even Braggs, Liquid Aminos which has been a long standing staple in my cupboard has had to remove the (NO MSG) from the label, because it does contain trace amounts- they didn't add it deliberately, but it is contained in some of the substances used to produce the product- and those substances don't have to be labeled !!!!!!! Where is the consistency here, and where has our sanity gone?

I am also interested in hearing about the negative effects of these two products.

zoe

>

Doc, I am trying to avoid HF corn syrup like the plague. It is in everything processed! What do you know about the bad health effects of this stuff (and MSG). These 2 products are hard to avoid).

Guest guest

I friend of mine exercises daily, eats red meat rarely and had very high triglycerides. That is what led me to high fructose corn syrup issues. I just looked it up and it does cause high triglycerides. Almost all sodas use HFCS, but I found a root beer at a health food store made with sugar and real herbs. It tasted great. I wonder if we could transport ourselves back to the 60s or before how good the food would taste.

Guest guest

I wonder if we could transport ourselves back to the 60s or before how good the food would taste. >>

Yes, the old soda's tasted completely different than the trash that Coke and Pepsi now sell. The old candy bars, large and costing a nickel, were a taste treat before all the garbage that Big Food and Pharma now pump into candy. I went through a phase where, though I love chocolate, I quit buying modern candy bars for many years after 1970. I admit that today, I do like those new-blend, big bar Hershey's Extra Dark Mildly Sweet bars. In the few years that that (new..old chocolate) bar has been marketed, I can taste that Hershey's has already degraded and changed the blend on it, too. As far as cola's or soda's, I likely drink fewer than 2 or 3 cans a year, anymore. They just don't taste any good, and of course, are bad for you.

Guest guest

As for honey containing fructose, that is quite true, but you only eat a spoonful of honey at most. As for ketchup, here is a good one. Years ago an organic ketchup went to market and was forced by the FDA to call itself imitation Ketchup because the guidelines for ketchup stipulate a certain percenatge of sugar and this organic one had less.

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Small Business.

Guest guest

Hi Kathi!

HFCS is a man made product and that may be why it is not good for our bodies......

Like ordinary corn syrup, the high fructose variety is made from corn starch using enzymes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_fructose_corn_syrup

Please be aware that HFCS is NOT produced by honey bees. As far as I know honey bees do not use the pollen/nectar from corn to make their honey.

Maybe the fructose content was misleading:

"Typical honey analysis: Fructose: 38%, Glucose: 31%, Sucrose: 1%, Water: 17%, Other sugars: 9% (maltose, melezitose), Ash: 0.17% .. Source: Sugar Alliance "

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructose

Fructose (or levulose) is a simple sugar (monosaccharide) found in many foods and one of the three most important blood sugars along with glucose and galactose. Honey; tree fruits; berries; melons; and some root vegetables, such as beets, sweet potatoes, parsnips and onions, contain fructose, usually in combination with sucrose and glucose. Fructose is also derived from the digestion of sucrose, a disaccharide consisting of glucose and fructose that is broken down by enzymes during digestion. Fructose is the sweetest naturally occurring sugar, estimated to be twice as sweet as sucrose.

Fructose is often recommended for, and consumed by, people with diabetes mellitus or hypoglycemia, because it has a very low Glycemic Index (GI 23) relative to cane sugar (sucrose). However, this benefit is tempered by concern that fructose may have an adverse effect on plasma lipid and uric acid levels, and the resulting higher blood levels of fructose can be damaging to proteins (see below). The low GI is due to the unique and lengthy metabolic pathway of fructose, which involves phosphorylation and a multi-step enzymatic process in the liver. See health effects and glycation for further information.

LoveBobAdageyudiStaya Udanvti

************************************************************************************************

Re: High Fructose Corn Syrup

Posted by: "Kathi Garrison" kathi herbalteas4u

Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:23 pm (PST)

My hubby did some research on HFCS due to our daughter also wanting to cutit out of her diet. He said he could find no obviously negative effects ofit, but just the cumulative effects were not so good, like eating too muchsugar, coffee or alcohol. Too much of anything is bad for you. And, likeyou said, it's in everything. Ketchup, for goddess sakes!! Who needs it inKetchup! So, just become a label reader and decide which food is importantto you and how much is too much for your own well-being.He also found out it's in Honey - because bees produce it naturally duringthe manufacturing of it in the hive. So, you see, everthing in moderation.Peace,Kathi

Guest guest

The biggest problem with corn syrup nowadays is the fact that over 90% of the corn in the US is GE / GMO and the other 10% is most likely contaminated. And you're right about MSG being rampant in many products. Ya gotta read the labels avidly.

I use absolutely no SOY products whatsoever, and no Corn byproducts like corn oil or corn syrup either. Once in a while Valorie will pick up some organic corn at our local market, but that's as far as it goes.

Just safer not to use them at all.

Best,

Doc

Doc Shillington727-447-5282Doc

-

tony vergilatis

herbal remedies (AT) Groups (DOT) com

Saturday, September 09, 2006 10:14 AM

Herbal Remedies - High Fructose Corn Syrup

Guest guest

HFCS is a super-sweet type of sweetner that is relatively low in

mass, which is why it is used so frequently in processed foods. It

delivers more bang for the buck when compared to other sweetners. One

of the typical problems with HFCS is that it causes people to consume

more sugar in their foods than they are aware. Another issue is HFCS

causes you to want more and more sugar and even begin to crave

sweetness.

Interestingly, if you cut processed foods from your diet and eat

natural foods for an extended period of time, you will find that

processed foods will be too sweet for your palate. You may notice

funny flavors and after-tastes of all the 'processing'. You might also

begin to notice that you don't want sweet foods as often or you may

even begin to cut the sugar from your own recipies!

for what it is worth

vicki

Guest guest

Hi Doc, Are you saying that you avoid even soymilk? I know its still processed, but I do like it and do not drink or use any cow milk anymore. And the only dairy I consume are organic free range eggs and on occasion, organic cottage cheese. I use it on my baked potatoe, along with some raw garlic cloves at times. Now back to soy: I do read the ingredients on everything. I see that Silk soymilk is sweetened with pure cane juice. Does this come directly from sugar canes? And if so, isn't this basically raw sugar but in liquid form? And also, is this any harmful just as table sugar is? Ok, if cane juice does not come from raw sugar, should we avoid cane juice as well? I do avoid HFCS as I can. It is so hard to avoid all these processed junk that we for so long been ingesting into our bodies

almost without will. Sometimes I feel as if I am going through withdrawal symptoms from some of the "healthy" foods that I enjoy, yet they are processed, therefore contaminated. I am sorry for the 20 questions. I have a bunch more, but this is good for now. :) Thank you, Robert "Dr. Ian Shillington" <DocShillington wrote: The biggest problem with corn syrup nowadays is the fact that over 90% of the corn in the US is GE / GMO and the other 10% is most likely contaminated. And you're right about MSG being rampant in many products. Ya gotta read the labels

avidly. I use absolutely no SOY products whatsoever, and no Corn byproducts like corn oil or corn syrup either. Once in a while Valorie will pick up some organic corn at our local market, but that's as far as it goes. Just safer not to use them at all. Best, Doc Doc Shillington727-447-5282Doc - Dr.IanShillington

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.

Guest guest

This is just another example of Big Pharma infiltrating the "Natural Health" movement.

Braggs needs to clean up their act here. Right now the only product I use from them is their ACV.

Love,

Doc

-

zoe w

tony vergilatis

Saturday, September 09, 2006 12:59 PM

Re: Herbal Remedies - High Fructose Corn Syrup

zoe

>

Guest guest

Dear Bob,

Go to the Files and read my article on, "Frankenfood Bedtime Story".

This will tell you why I stay away from ALL Soy like the Plague.

Add to this the fact that Non Sprouted (non germinated) Soy is an Estrogen precursor, and although not to difficult for women to handle can be quite negative on men = a good way to get your boobs to grow. ;-) And since there's not one Soy product on the market (including the Organic Soy products), that is sprouted before it's processed, none of should be using it whatsoever.

All the best,

Doc

-

Robert Nodge

herbal remedies

Monday, September 11, 2006 7:54 PM

Hi Doc,

Are you saying that you avoid even soymilk? I know its still processed, but I do like it and do not drink or use any cow milk anymore. And the only dairy I consume are organic free range eggs and on occasion, organic cottage cheese. I use it on my baked potatoe, along with some raw garlic cloves at times.

Now back to soy: I do read the ingredients on everything. I see that Silk soymilk is sweetened with pure cane juice. Does this come directly from sugar canes? And if so, isn't this basically raw sugar but in liquid form? And also, is this any harmful just as table sugar is? Ok, if cane juice does not come from raw sugar, should we avoid cane juice as well?

I do avoid HFCS as I can. It is so hard to avoid all these processed junk that we for so long been ingesting into our bodies almost without will. Sometimes I feel as if I am going through withdrawal symptoms from some of the "healthy" foods that I enjoy, yet they are processed, therefore contaminated.

I am sorry for the 20 questions. I have a bunch more, but this is good for now. :)

Thank you,

Robert

"Dr. Ian Shillington" <DocShillington (AT) Knology (DOT) net> wrote:

The biggest problem with corn syrup nowadays is the fact that over 90% of the corn in the US is GE / GMO and the other 10% is most likely contaminated. And you're right about MSG being rampant in many products. Ya gotta read the labels avidly.

I use absolutely no SOY products whatsoever, and no Corn byproducts like corn oil or corn syrup either. Once in a while Valorie will pick up some organic corn at our local market, but that's as far as it goes.

Just safer not to use them at all.

Best,

Doc

Doc Shillington727-447-5282Doc (AT) AcademyOfNaturalHealing (DOT) com

- Dr.IanShillington (AT) GilaNet (DOT) com

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.

Guest guest

Hi Robert,

One cool thing about the new is that you can do a search for messages on this topic. We have had a lot of them and they are very informative. Also notice at the end of each message there is a link to log on I will provide it here: Just click into "Reply via web post" and you can do a search on this topic, however I did one and the link I enclosed should get you there once you have logged in. Good luck Robert. I love this group, so helpful. The soy industry hasn't cleaned up their act yet, but when I buy soymilk I purchase "organic" which according to doc is still questionable. Hope this helps you. Blessings and good cheer.

Micki

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail. Back to top

Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post

____

http://health.herbal remedies/message/85009

Posted by: "Robert Nodge" misguided_mortal_1970 misguided_mortal_1970

Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:00 am (PST)

Hi Doc,Are you saying that you avoid even soymilk? I know its still processed, but I do like it and do not drink or use any cow milk anymore. And the only dairy I consume are organic free range eggs and on occasion, organic cottage cheese. I use it on my baked potatoe, along with some raw garlic cloves at times. Now back to soy: I do read the ingredients on everything. I see that Silk soymilk is sweetened with pure cane juice. Does this come directly from sugar canes? And if so, isn't this basically raw sugar but in liquid form? And also, is this any harmful just as table sugar is? Ok, if cane juice does not come from raw sugar, should we avoid cane juice as well? I do avoid HFCS as I can. It is so hard to avoid all these processed junk that we for so long been ingesting into our bodies almost without will. Sometimes I feel as if I am going through withdrawal symptoms from some of the "healthy" foods that I enjoy, yet they are processed, therefore contaminated. I am sorry for the 20 questions. I have a bunch more, but this is good for now. :)Thank you,Robert

Guest guest

doc ,

i MUST admitt , i have NOT read that soy story . BUTTTTT !!! on another note , and maybe i am way out in left field with this .... i do take soy supplements . mainly estroven ,which is a soy based hormone replacement .

after many years of suffering i had a hysterectomy some 10 years ago . i had asked the dr about hormone replacement , since at the time i was much younger .... he turned a deaf year .

i have one ovary left , which was left in to do the hormonal thing , but i can feel it , when its full of cysts again . it hurts like the dickens !!!! when that time came around the dr always wanted me to take birthcontrol pills , to give that poor ovary a rest and heal from the cysts . unfortunately one of the sideeffects of those pills , was i gained 20 - 30 pound every time i took them . last few times i refused to take them . because i have a hard time loosing this birthcontrol induced weight .

i have a really nice soy milk maker . - auctually i have 2 ... and i buy organic soybeans amd make my own milk . i do not add anything to it and drink it plain .

for me , if i would not take the soymilk or the estroven , i woul dbe going insane . when i take the estroven , my ovary does not hurt and mentally i can function . without it i am the mad mom from hell ....

i think there is a place for some of this .

MARANATHA !

gabriele

gcliburn

Guest guest

No, you're not out in left field hon.

As long as your soy supplements are organic you will find the relief you need without too much degradation of your body, but it is a risk.

The problem is cross pollenation and infiltration of GMO contamination from GE fields. At this time, over 90% of all Soy Crops are GE. The contamination factor is horrendous.

With the operations you've had, I can see why you'd want the extra estrogen, however for the average person, this would be way too much, especially for men since us guys really don't need bigger breasts. ;)

I'd recommend you switch over to the Female Formula. This would give you the same benefits, without the GE factor being a risk.

Love,

Doc

-

gabriele

herbal remedies

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 5:04 PM

doc ,

i MUST admitt , i have NOT read that soy story . BUTTTTT !!! on another note , and maybe i am way out in left field with this .... i do take soy supplements . mainly estroven ,which is a soy based hormone replacement .

after many years of suffering i had a hysterectomy some 10 years ago . i had asked the dr about hormone replacement , since at the time i was much younger .... he turned a deaf year .

i have one ovary left , which was left in to do the hormonal thing , but i can feel it , when its full of cysts again . it hurts like the dickens !!!! when that time came around the dr always wanted me to take birthcontrol pills , to give that poor ovary a rest and heal from the cysts . unfortunately one of the sideeffects of those pills , was i gained 20 - 30 pound every time i took them . last few times i refused to take them . because i have a hard time loosing this birthcontrol induced weight .

i have a really nice soy milk maker . - auctually i have 2 ... and i buy organic soybeans amd make my own milk . i do not add anything to it and drink it plain .

for me , if i would not take the soymilk or the estroven , i woul dbe going insane . when i take the estroven , my ovary does not hurt and mentally i can function . without it i am the mad mom from hell ....

i think there is a place for some of this .

MARANATHA !

gabriele

gcliburn (AT) tampabay (DOT) rr.com

Guest guest

hey i didnt know extra estrogen makes boobs grow! is that right? if one took an estrogen supplement would your boobs get bigger?angela"Dr. Ian Shillington" <DocShillington wrote: With the operations you've had, I can see why you'd want the extra estrogen, however for the average person, this would be way too much, especially for men since us guys really don't need bigger breasts. ;)

Love, Doc Doc Shillington727-447-5282Doc (AT) AcademyOfNaturalHealing (DOT) com - gabriele herbal remedies Tuesday, September 12, 2006 5:04 PM Re: Herbal Remedies - High Fructose Corn Syrup doc ,

Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.

Guest guest

herbal remedies , AngL <angllorens wrote:

> Estrogen Dominance brings with it a host of symptoms having larger

breasts has it's drawbacks...

Best Always

Joanne/ Organic Solutions

> hey i didnt know extra estrogen makes boobs grow! is that right?

if one took an estrogen supplement would your boobs get bigger?

>

> angela

>

> " Dr. Ian Shillington " <DocShillington

wrote:

>

>

> With the operations you've had, I can see why you'd want the

extra estrogen, however for the average person, this would be way

too much, especially for men since us guys really don't need bigger

breasts. ;)

>

>

> Love,

> Doc

>

> Doc Shillington

> 727-447-5282

> Doc

> -

> gabriele

> herbal remedies

> Tuesday, September 12, 2006 5:04 PM

> Re: Herbal Remedies - High Fructose Corn Syrup

>

>

> doc ,

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.

>

Guest guest

This link didn't work for me. Can you check it? I can't see how anyone except for Big Ag can defend HFCS, so that would have to explain the commercial. They are afraid it will go the way of the BGH, and then where would their profits be? Oh, yeah, ethanol. I forgot. ;-)Cyndi

In a message dated 9/21/2008 7:24:52 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, suprmommy writes:

Ok so I was watching TV and a commercial came on. It was 2 women talking. One said something about how bad high fructose corn syrup and the other lady.. defending it. My jaw hit the ground! Then they said to check out sweetsuprises.com for more information on how good HFCS is! I couldn't believe it! We fought rBST milk and now a lot of people are fighting HFCS... now they are fighting back!-- ~~~~Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love~~~~

Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.

Guest guest

Ok, I found the site:

http://sweetsurprise.com/

This is pretty good, I am finding it really funny for some reason, lol. Not that it is anything to laugh about, people will believe this sort of crap. But their effort amuses me.

Cyndi

In a message dated 9/21/2008 8:11:32 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, jonesfamilyhomestead writes:

It is funny that they are advertising a website that is parked. Guess they can't make their case on the website. I am curious as to how they can say that HFCS can be good for you. I don't see how. The only sweetners that I see being good are the natural unprocessed sweetners because they carry natural vitamines, minerals and good bacterias that our bodies need. My favorite is local honey and stevia.

Love,

The Oklahoma Tomcat

http://joneshomestead.tripod.com/My blog: http://thelifeofanoklhahomatomcat.blogspot.com/My : jonesfamilyhomestead/--------I believe - That just because two people argue, it doesn't mean they don't love each other. And just because they don't argue, it doesn'tmean they do.

- Michelle

realfoodsimplelife

Sunday, September 21, 2008 9:24 AM

[RFSL] High Fructose Corn Syrup

Ok so I was watching TV and a commercial came on. It was 2 women talking. One said something about how bad high fructose corn syrup and the other lady.. defending it. My jaw hit the ground! Then they said to check out sweetsuprises.com for more information on how good HFCS is! I couldn't believe it! We fought rBST milk and now a lot of people are fighting HFCS... now they are fighting back!-- ~~~~Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love~~~~

Messages in this topic (2) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

Change settings via the Web ( ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Terms

Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.

Guest guest

Charisse, Mercola has written extensively on the subject. If you go to www.mercola.com and do a search, you will get many results. If you have a problem, let me know and I will help you find some articles. I'm always happy to help the cause. ;-)Cyndi

In a message dated 9/21/2008 10:00:27 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, reeseplus2 writes:

Can you give me a link to a great explanation as to why HFCS is so bad (especially for kids.) My hubby doesn't understand.Thanks,Charisse

Guest guest

It is funny that they are advertising a website that is parked. Guess they can't make their case on the website. I am curious as to how they can say that HFCS can be good for you. I don't see how. The only sweetners that I see being good are the natural unprocessed sweetners because they carry natural vitamines, minerals and good bacterias that our bodies need. My favorite is local honey and stevia.

Love,

The Oklahoma Tomcat

http://joneshomestead.tripod.com/My blog: http://thelifeofanoklhahomatomcat.blogspot.com/My : jonesfamilyhomestead/--------I believe - That just because two people argue, it doesn't mean they don't love each other. And just because they don't argue, it doesn'tmean they do.

- Michelle

realfoodsimplelife

Sunday, September 21, 2008 9:24 AM

[RFSL] High Fructose Corn Syrup

Guest guest

Can you give me a link to a great explanation as to why HFCS is so

bad (especially for kids.) My hubby doesn't understand.

Thanks,

Charisse

, " The Oklahoma Tomcat "

<jonesfamilyhomestead wrote:

>

> It is funny that they are advertising a website that is parked.

Guess they can't make their case on the website. I am curious as to

how they can say that HFCS can be good for you. I don't see how.

The only sweetners that I see being good are the natural unprocessed

sweetners because they carry natural vitamines, minerals and good

bacterias that our bodies need. My favorite is local honey and

stevia.

>

> Love,

> The Oklahoma Tomcat

> http://joneshomestead.tripod.com/

> My blog: http://thelifeofanoklhahomatomcat.blogspot.com/

> My : jonesfamilyhomestead/

> --------

> I believe - That just because two people argue, it doesn't mean

they don't love each other. And just because they don't argue, it

doesn't

> mean they do.

>

> -

> Michelle

> realfoodsimplelife

> Sunday, September 21, 2008 9:24 AM

> [RFSL] High Fructose Corn Syrup

>

>

> Ok so I was watching TV and a commercial came on. It was 2 women

talking. One said something about how bad high fructose corn syrup

and the other lady.. defending it. My jaw hit the ground! Then they

said to check out sweetsuprises.com for more information on how good

HFCS is! I couldn't believe it!

>

> We fought rBST milk and now a lot of people are fighting HFCS...

now they are fighting back!

>

> --

> ~~~~Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs...

since the payment is pure love~~~~

>

Guest guest

My first objection to the High Fructose Corn Syrup is the processing it goes through to make. It also has no nutrishional value. It is always better to use sweetners that have nutrishional values to it. But here are some good links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-fructose_corn_syrup: Wikipedia tells you what High Frutose Corn Syrup is, how it is made and even the Health effects.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-fructose-corn-syrup/AN01588: The Mayo Clinic also gives some information on why we should limit High Fructose Corn Syrup but doesn't give a whole lot of reasons on why it is bad.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/front/la-fi-soda2-2008aug02,0,1313143.story: Here is an article about why the Corn Refiners Assn. has started the huge marketing campaign.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/08/070823094819.htm: Science Daily talks about the health problems of High Fructose Corn Syrup.

While there are many websites and groups that make High Frutose Corn Syrup to be worst then it really is there are creditable health groups and websites that do say that High Frutose Corn Syrup isn't good and it sure isn't natural. There are lots of things that we eat that isn't good for us but the key is to be aware of them and if we do eat them, do it in moderation. Whenever possible, substitute the bad things for the good things. Take care and God Bless.

Love,

The Oklahoma Tomcat

- Charisse

Sunday, September 21, 2008 11:59 AM

Re: [RFSL] High Fructose Corn Syrup

Can you give me a link to a great explanation as to why HFCS is so bad (especially for kids.) My hubby doesn't understand.Thanks,Charisse , "The Oklahoma Tomcat" <jonesfamilyhomestead wrote:>> It is funny that they are advertising a website that is parked. Guess they can't make their case on the website. I am curious as to how they can say that HFCS can be good for you. I don't see how. The only sweetners that I see being good are the natural unprocessed sweetners because they carry natural vitamines, minerals and good bacterias that our bodies need. My favorite is local honey and stevia.> > Love,> The Oklahoma Tomcat> http://joneshomestead.tripod.com/> My blog: http://thelifeofanoklhahomatomcat.blogspot.com/> My : jonesfamilyhomestead/> --------> I believe - That just because two people argue, it doesn't mean they don't love each other. And just because they don't argue, it doesn't> mean they do.> > - > Michelle > realfoodsimplelife > Sunday, September 21, 2008 9:24 AM> [RFSL] High Fructose Corn Syrup> > > Ok so I was watching TV and a commercial came on. It was 2 women talking. One said something about how bad high fructose corn syrup and the other lady.. defending it. My jaw hit the ground! Then they said to check out sweetsuprises.com for more information on how good HFCS is! I couldn't believe it! > > We fought rBST milk and now a lot of people are fighting HFCS... now they are fighting back!> > -- > ~~~~Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love~~~~>---"Let food be your medicine" Hippocrates

Guest guest

OMG,I saw one of these commercials for the first time today too and it ENRAGED me, lol. What I love is how they stress it's fine in moderation....what they fail to mention is how many common foods we eat EVERYDAY contain HFCS and that you will need to go out of your way to avoid & moderate it!!!! I agree that they are trying to " calm " the public's sudden interest in HFCS, just like they didn't do with rBST in hopes of avoiding a change in people's buying habits.

ShanOn Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Michelle <suprmommy wrote:

Ok so I was watching TV and a commercial came on. It was 2 women talking. One said something about how bad high fructose corn syrup and the other lady.. defending it. My jaw hit the ground! Then they said to check out sweetsuprises.com for more information on how good HFCS is! I couldn't believe it!

We fought rBST milk and now a lot of people are fighting HFCS... now they are fighting back!-- ~~~~Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love~~~~

-- ~~~ " Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it " - Maya Angelou~~~

Guest guest

I cant believe this! I havent seen the commercials and not sure I

want to. Unfortunately people will believe a lot of bull! What I

still cant believe is how they get away with it as 'natural.' Its

clearly not! They process it, change the molecules, add enzymes, etc

etc. If its not the way it is found, it not NATURAL, IMO! The FDA

definition sucks in my opinion and if people dont know the definition

they see 'natural' and think they are getting something good for

them. Sad that we depend on the government to define things for us.

" High fructose corn syrup is considered a natural food ingredient

under the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's definition of the

term " natural. " Under FDA rules, " natural " means that " nothing

artificial or synthetic (including all color additives regardless of

source) has been included in, or has been added to, a food that would

not normally be expected to be in the food. " (2) "

Now I'm too fired up to be nice. ;o)

Meredith

, S <SewSweetMommy

wrote:

>

> OMG,

> I saw one of these commercials for the first time today too and it

ENRAGED

> me, lol. What I love is how they stress it's fine in

moderation....what

> they fail to mention is how many common foods we eat EVERYDAY

contain HFCS

> and that you will need to go out of your way to avoid & moderate

it!!!! I

> agree that they are trying to " calm " the public's sudden interest

in HFCS,

> just like they didn't do with rBST in hopes of avoiding a change in

people's

> buying habits.

>

> Shan

>

> On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Michelle <suprmommy wrote:

>

> > Ok so I was watching TV and a commercial came on. It was 2 women

> > talking. One said something about how bad high fructose corn

syrup and the

> > other lady.. defending it. My jaw hit the ground! Then they said

to check

> > out sweetsuprises.com for more information on how good HFCS is! I

couldn't

> > believe it!

> >

> > We fought rBST milk and now a lot of people are fighting HFCS...

now they

> > are fighting back!

> >

> > --

> > ~~~~Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried

jobs... since

> > the payment is pure love~~~~

> >

> >

>

>

>