IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Cayenne

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey Starry,

You're a brave one and no doubt about it.

To make the tincture, just add your fresh Habanero or African Bird pepper to 50% Alcohol, 50% distilled water = 100 proof vodka and blend in a blender. Let sit in a jar for two weeks and then press. Remember to shake your jars a few times each day and for best results, make your tincture on the New Moon and press it on the Full Moon. The longer you let it "perk" the better it gets.

Love,

Ian

Ian Shillington N.D.Dr.IanShillington

-

starry cat

herbal remedies

Saturday, November 25, 2000 9:05 PM

Re: [herbal remedies] Cayenne

> Hi, Ian. Would you mind convincing me why I should carry a bottle of> cayenne tincture with me too? I don't use it - yet. Actually I don't> recall Penny or others mentioning cayenne tincture - just a tsp. or> whatever in water? How do you make the tincture?Powder?....Thanks.........Joani just wanted to ask, what hotness(the number, such as 45, 90,etc) ofcayenne is recommended for drinking? i am using between 60 and 90, and ilove it <grin>. i havent measured, so i'm not sure how much i'm using, atleast 1/2 t, tho, and it is good. i'll make sure the next time i take some,i use a whole teaspoon.blessed bestarryFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of Naturopathyian_shillington

Guest guest

SEE ANSWERS BELOW.

-

Cheroo

herbal remedies

Tuesday, November 28, 2000 6:53 AM

Ian you continue to increase in stature before my eyes, 250,000?! Is that a heat unit? I've not heard of the Scovil unit before. What is it?

This is the main unit that is used to measure the hotness of peppers. It reaches as high as 300,000. I've heard of using the BTU method which I think goes as high as 60 (??? not sure) and another scale that goes from 1 to 10 which is used in nurseries. Why there are so many scales to measure the hotness of peppers, I have no idea :o) The hottest orange brown Habaneros reach as high as 300,000 and so do some African Bird Peppers. These are all great for making Cayenne tincture.

I was also amazed to hear of the 300,000 BTU levels of cayenne. Maybe we can make an elite 300,000 BTU club for all those who try it? lol! (you may not see my name on that roster : D)

The 300,000 is in Scovil units not BTUs, 300,000 BTUs would burn one to a cinder in a little over a nano second. I think Penny was referring to Scovil units here.

Love,

Ian

Guest guest

Not only do I hiccup when I take a shot of 300,000 Habanero tincture, I also constantly sneeze when making cayenne herbal preparations. I have to wear a mask. Boy, talk about clearing out the cobwebs.

Love,

Ian

-

SpareRibaz

herbal remedies

Wednesday, November 29, 2000 8:19 PM

In a message dated 11/28/00 7:20:47 AM US Mountain Standard Time, pennyclr75 writes:<< Dear All, I would like to indicate that I am definitely a member of the300,000 club.......Love Penny (hiccuping after her morning's dose) >>That is so funny Penny... I hiccup when I take my cayenne too and wondered if it happened to anyone else!Jamie :)Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of Naturopathyian_shillington

Guest guest

The hottest Cayenne tincture I ever made was when I was using up all my spare peppers (mostly Habanero and a few African Bird {Fresh, Dried & Powdered}, I never did keep track of all the varieties that went into that batch) and through them all into a blender with my 50 - 50 Alcohol, distilled water blend. Two weeks later, one whiff seemed to singe the hairs in my nostrils, and one dropperful kept me hiccupping for a half hour.

ML,

Ian

-

Joan Russell

herbal remedies

Wednesday, November 29, 2000 7:38 PM

I am still pondering using cayenne so I have more questions.....Can you make a tincture of cayenne powder? If so, any advice on doingso? How many drops would be right to put with one dose of menopausaltincture to make the meno tincture more effective? Would I have as much of a reaction to the tincture as the cayenne inwater? What would be a good starting dose to put in water?Should you take cayenne every day or should you pulse?The brainwashing is slowing taking affect, I think <g>, but I won't beputting it in my eyes...and still wondering if I will use cayenne................Joan*************************joanrMy Country Gardenhttp://mycountrygarden.netFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of Naturopathyian_shillington

Guest guest

Great idea and tip Jamie. Another great place to pick up used books is at Powell's Books. They're on the internet and you can order via their secure server. You can find their URL at Momma.com

Love,

Ian

-

SpareRibaz

herbal remedies

Friday, December 01, 2000 7:09 PM

In a message dated 12/1/00 2:46:41 PM US Mountain Standard Time, joanr writes:<< I can't really afford to buy this book sight unseen and with theexchange rate being so terrible so that is why I am asking questions tosee if I could be successful using cayenne. A $300 book and videos orwhatever those were quoted recently would cost me $500 or so Canadianplus high shipping rates. A $37 book on cayenne would cost me over $50Cdn. plus high shipping rates. >>I purchased the book by Dr. Schultze "Curing with Cayenne" used on Amazon.com for 10.00 and am so happy I did. Lots of good info, especially for the beginner!JamieFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of Naturopathyian_shillington

Guest guest

Okay Okay your hee hee heeing- these pepers are going knock my socks off - huh?? June Dar June, African Bird Peppers are the BEST.....Love Penny (heee heee heee)Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of Naturopathyian_shillington Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

Guest guest

Kristine, Wow when you said deep you meant DEEP. Reminds me of the story I put on the list several weeks back about the finger tip that came totally off and cayenne was used to put it back together with the same result as your story = no stiches and a perfect healing. I bet you were glad you had just bought that CAYENNE. I agree definitely an emergency herb to have on hand. Good job!!!

Valorie

-

The Halls

herbal remedies

Wednesday, April 11, 2001 12:41 AM

Re: [herbal remedies] Re: Cayenne was: store/raw MILK

When I cut my finger, it was to the bone and I went into shock pretty fast,it was a miracle that I remembered to try cayenne as I had never had anopportunity to try what I had learned about it stopping bleeding and shock.I had in fact just bought some African cayenne at a health food store. Idid not even taste the cayenne when I took it in water, and I took a lot ofit. The shock effect I think, as it normally burns for me pretty bad, evenjust a little, and I took far more than normal. Then I put my finger tip,which was coming half off into the bag of cayenne and held it tight and overmy head. It formed a nice little cocoon over the cut. When we washed itoff, it did not start bleeding again. I did not go for stitches, and thewound healed very nicely. I would put cayenne into an emergency kit forsure!Love,Kristine HallFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

I've heard that to stop profuse bleeding (i.e. a deep cut) you should pack cayenne into the wound. I've always wondered if this would cause blistering or any type of burning. Does anyone know?

~Cheryl

Guest guest

I packed cayenne in pretty good into my deep wound and I had no burning

sensation at all, nor did I have any type of blister. It stopped bleeding,

along with other control methods such as pressure and elevation.

Love,

Kristine

Guest guest

Thanks so much for your reply! Cayenne is amazing. I keep it in both of our vehicles, in case of emergency, but have never had to use it in that way.

~Cheryl

Guest guest

Absolutely no blistering nor any kind of burning at all.

Love,

Doc

Ian "Doc" Shillington N.D.505-772-5889Dr.IanShillington

I've heard that to stop profuse bleeding (i.e. a deep cut) you should pack cayenne into the wound. I've always wondered if this would cause blistering or any type of burning. Does anyone know?

~Cheryl

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/16/01 1:11:43 PM, Dr.IanShillington writes:

>Absolutely no blistering nor any kind of burning at all.

>

>Love,

>

>Doc

>

>

I cut my foot very deeply this weekend when I dropped a stoneware plate on

it-OUCHIE!!!!!!! and remembered the cayenne. It works big time. The dh

thought that I was nuts until he observed the results. Now he is telling

everyone about it.

Paulissa,

from the stars in the night sky may you find peace and contentment.

from the glow of fire flies skittering about your summer porch may your

creative juices flow like spring wine

new and sweet, full of life and hope.

may soft summer breezes carress you with the love of a hug

and may the laughter and love of your family

fill your heart forever!~Marty Clark

ø€º°`°º€ø,¸¸,ø€º°`°º€ø,¸¸, ø€º°`°º€ø

,¸¸,ø€º°`°º€ø,¸¸,ø€º°`°º€ø

Guest guest

Very well done Paulissa, but you better watch it or people are gonna start calling you a hard core herbalist ;o)

Love,

Doc

I cut my foot very deeply this weekend when I dropped a stoneware plate on it-OUCHIE!!!!!!! and remembered the cayenne. It works big time. The dh thought that I was nuts until he observed the results. Now he is telling everyone about it. Paulissa,

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/16/01 9:34:36 PM, Dr.IanShillington writes:

>Very well done Paulissa, but you better watch it or people are gonna

>

>start calling you a hard core herbalist ;o)

>

>Love,

>

>Doc

Imagine that lol!! I think that perhaps deep down I've always kind of been

one, having discovered many moons ago that peroxide wiped out my strep throat

faster than any antibiotics ever did.

Paulissa,

from the stars in the night sky may you find peace and contentment.

from the glow of fire flies skittering about your summer porch may your

creative juices flow like spring wine

new and sweet, full of life and hope.

may soft summer breezes carress you with the love of a hug

and may the laughter and love of your family

fill your heart forever!~Marty Clark

ø€º°`°º€ø,¸¸,ø€º°`°º€ø,¸¸, ø€º°`°º€ø

,¸¸,ø€º°`°º€ø,¸¸,ø€º°`°º€ø

Guest guest

Tell me how do you used peroxide to cure strep throat?

My son just got that and I hated to give him antibiotics but he was

hurting and the doctor scared me with rhuematic fever possibillites

since he has mvp. I'd like to know for next time.

thanks, Cathy

herbal remedies, naturehlr@a... wrote:

>

> In a message dated 4/16/01 9:34:36 PM, Dr.IanShillington@G...

writes:

>

> >Very well done Paulissa, but you better watch it or people are

gonna

> >

> >start calling you a hard core herbalist ;o)

> >

> >Love,

> >

> >Doc

>

> Imagine that lol!! I think that perhaps deep down I've always kind

of been

> one, having discovered many moons ago that peroxide wiped out my

strep throat

> faster than any antibiotics ever did.

>

> Paulissa,

>

> from the stars in the night sky may you find peace and contentment.

> from the glow of fire flies skittering about your summer porch may

your

> creative juices flow like spring wine

> new and sweet, full of life and hope.

> may soft summer breezes carress you with the love of a hug

> and may the laughter and love of your family

> fill your heart forever!~Marty Clark

> ø€º°`°º€ø,¸¸,ø€º°`°º€ø,¸¸, ø€º°`°

º€ø ,¸¸,ø€º°`°º€ø,¸¸,ø€º°`°º€ø

Guest guest

Okay, when you put cayenne in a wound, where does

it go? Does it dissolve? or do you have to

clean it out of the wound? As a general rule of

thumb, how much should be used based on the wound

size?

For a heart attack victim, how much would you

use? Is there such a thing as giving someone too

MUCH? Are you putting it under/on the tongue?

Would you NOT use cayenne on people with certain

medical conditions? Are we talking regular

kitchen cayenne, or health food store cayenne?

I know so many questions, but better to ask them

before I need to.

Thanks a million,

Niz

Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices

http://auctions./

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/17/01 7:43:07 AM, cactus writes:

> Tell me how do you used peroxide to cure strep throat?

>

>My son just got that and I hated to give him antibiotics but he was

>

>hurting and the doctor scared me with rhuematic fever possibillites

>

>since he has mvp. I'd like to know for next time.

Hi Cathy,

I gargled with hydrogen peroxide 3xs per day for 4 days and it cleared it up

in no time. Gargle, let it foam up for a few minutes until it is done

foaming, spit as necessary and then rinse the mouth well with some water. Be

careful not to swallow the peroxide of course, but this worked for me when

nothing else did.

Paulissa,

The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for.

And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a

distance but live right in it, under its roof.~Barbara Kingsolver

(,)(,)

u

*.....*

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/18/01 7:13:46 PM, Dr.IanShillington writes:

>Good advice Paulissa, though I don't think you need to worry about

>

>swallowing a little bit of the peroxide. There is actually a valid

>

>therapy where peroxide is taken internally to help with Herpes blisters.

K Doc,

Just wasn't sure about the swallowing and didn't want to give anyone

potentially harmful info. Thanks for the insight.

Paulissa,

The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for.

And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a

distance but live right in it, under its roof.~Barbara Kingsolver

(,)(,)

u

*.....*

Guest guest

See answers below.

Okay, when you put cayenne in a wound, where does it go? Does it dissolve? or do you have to clean it out of the wound? As a general rule of thumb, how much should be used based on the wound size?

It gets totally absorbed into the wound and you never need to clean it out. As far as "how much?" is concerned, don't get cheap here. You can slap the stuff on there and it won't hurt and will only do good.For a heart attack victim, how much would youuse?

Anywhere from half to a full ounce straight into the mouth, but the guys in the middle of a heart attack here and who's got the time to measure it out. If you have a two ounce bottle on you (like I do at all times), just open his mouth and pour in half the bottle. Too little and he may die. Too much --- well I don't know if there is such a thing under these conditions but you'll probably save his life by not getting stingy here.

Is there such a thing as giving someone too MUCH?

Probably, but I haven't crossed that line yet and I've used it very freely for years. Now, if the guy's 98 years old, and there's barely a breath on the mirror, I'd probably only give him a quarter of a bottle to begin with, but if he threatened to "do-a-bunk", what have you got to lose? I'd give him the rest of the bottle if I had to. I guarantee you that if he's in that bad of shape, you're his only hope at that stage cause the Medicos will finish him for good if they show up on the scene.

Are you putting it under/on the tongue?

In his mouth hon. Under, on and around the tongue.

Would you NOT use cayenne on people with certain medical conditions? Are we talking regularkitchen cayenne, or health food store cayenne?

Can't think of anyone I wouldn't use Cayenne on though if you were to get specific, I might think of one after a very long questioning. Just can't think of any circumstances at this time. As far as qualtity and where to buy is concerned. Just go to your local healthfood store and ask for the hottest, ORGANIC cayenne they have. Organic Habanero is the best as it can range anywhere from to 220,000 all the way up to 300,000 Scoville heat units. The hotter, the better here. You can take the fresh cayenne peppers and immdiately make a tincture out of it which is second to none using 100 proof Vodka in a blender. Best is to press it after 14 days but you could use it right away in an emergency and it'll work wonders. Stay away from your supermarket cayenne pepper powder as it is usually irradiated, fumigated, and generally of way inferior quality.

I know so many questions, but better to ask thembefore I need to.

No problem hon. Hope I've answered them all for you.

Love,

Doc

Guest guest

Good advice Paulissa, though I don't think you need to worry about swallowing a little bit of the peroxide. There is actually a valid therapy where peroxide is taken internally to help with Herpes blisters.

Love,

Doc

Hi Cathy,I gargled with hydrogen peroxide 3xs per day for 4 days and it cleared it up in no time. Gargle, let it foam up for a few minutes until it is done foaming, spit as necessary and then rinse the mouth well with some water. Be careful not to swallow the peroxide of course, but this worked for me when nothing else did. Paulissa,

Guest guest

Yer welcome hon, glad I could help.

Love,

Doc

K Doc,Just wasn't sure about the swallowing and didn't want to give anyone potentially harmful info. Thanks for the insight. Paulissa,

Guest guest

Dear Julie,

Had some tremendous discussions on it a while ago and these should all be in the message archives. Just punch into "messages" and scroll back until you find all the talk on the subject. Lots of good data.

The way you get Cayenne down a heart victim while in the throws of an attack is in tincture form. You can simply pour the tincture into his or her mouth and it'll do its job. Half an ounce to an ounce should do the trick.

Love,

Doc

-

the14th_moon

herbal remedies

Sunday, April 22, 2001 9:13 PM

[herbal remedies] cayenne

Hi,My husband and I read with fascination all the wonderful things cayennedoes...One of the questions that came up is how does someone in thethrows of a heart attack get down an ounce of cayenne? Seems like itwould be near impossible to swallow....I've also read that it is for both high and low blood pressure becauseit normalizes circulation....that it is also good for headaches,indigestion and depression...as well as "diminished vitality. Is theresomewhere I can read more about this wonder herb?thanksjulieFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

You can make a tincture from either and both methods are good and will produce an excellent product. I grow my Habaneros in a window box (organically), pick 'em, cut 'em in half, and let 'em dry a week or two and then whoop up a batch using 100 proof Vodka.

If you keep going the way you are Julie, your neighbors are gonna start whispering, "there goes that mad herbalist again" everytime they hear your blender start cranking up ;o)

I now get my alcohol in 5 gallon containers at 200 proof directly from the distilleries in large batches, but when I was first starting out there were loads of Vodka bottles in my garbage can every weekend and I'm sure my neighbors thought, "He's such a lush" (laugh :o)

Love,

Doc

Thanks for the info Doc, now I must ask...Can a tinture be made frompowder or do you need the peppers...I'm very new at herbals but I'mdetermined to learn.thanks in advance..julie

Guest guest

I'm so excited about cayenne that I found some books on it.

If anyone is interested check them out on amazon.com

Cathy

herbal remedies, " Ian Shillington N.D. "

<Dr.IanShillington@G...> wrote:

> You can make a tincture from either and both methods are good and

will

> produce an excellent product. I grow my Habaneros in a window box

> (organically), pick 'em, cut 'em in half, and let 'em dry a week or

two

> and then whoop up a batch using 100 proof Vodka.

>

> If you keep going the way you are Julie, your neighbors are gonna

start

> whispering, " there goes that mad herbalist again " everytime they

hear

> your blender start cranking up ;o)

>

> I now get my alcohol in 5 gallon containers at 200 proof directly

from

> the distilleries in large batches, but when I was first starting out

> there were loads of Vodka bottles in my garbage can every weekend

and

> I'm sure my neighbors thought, " He's such a lush " (laugh :o)

>

> Love,

>

> Doc

>

> Ian " Doc " Shillington N.D.

> 505-772-5889

> Dr.IanShillington@G...

>

> Thanks for the info Doc, now I must ask...Can a tinture be made

from

> powder or do you need the peppers...I'm very new at herbals but

I'm

> determined to learn.

>

> thanks in advance..

> julie

Guest guest

What are their titles???

Doc

I'm so excited about cayenne that I found some books on it.If anyone is interested check them out on amazon.com Cathy