>

> I am sorry that I had created a lot of confusion with my posts. My

> post was specifically in reply to Shankari Kali's question about

> reciting Chandi.

>

> My posts are for information purpose only. That is to the best of my

> knowledge. Very often I may be wrong.

>

> I am always excited when I hear about chanting of Sri Sri Chandi.

> Because of problems with arthritis, I find it difficult to sit in an

> asana for any length of time.

>

> Jai MAA KAALI !!!

>

> , Shankari Kali <shankari_kali@>

> wrote:

> >

> > Chris:

> >

> > LOL.It was confusing because the dates corresponded to current

> dates. Oh But, I wanted to chant with everyone ;)

> >

> > Shanti Om,

> > Shankari Kali

> >

> > Chris Kirner <chriskirner1956@> wrote:

> Hi Y'all!

> >

> > I just wanted to let everyone know (since it seems more than a couple

> > of folks didn't notice the post number) that the post from Nanda

> > referring to a Chandi sankalpa is from a couple of years ago. Sankar

> > Viswanathan dragged it out from the archives to help Shankari Kali, I

> > think. There is no group Chandi sankalpa at this time.

> >

> > Hope nobody's embarrassed by this. It's not the first time, and I'm

> > sure it won't be the last, that someone's responded to an old post.

> >

> > Jai Maa!

> > Chris

> >

> > , " Sankar Viswanathan "

> > <sankarrukku@> wrote:

> > >

> > > A way of reciting Sri Sri Chandi in 7 days was given in Message No.

> > 10986.

> > >

> > > <<Dear All,

> > > Here again is our group sankalpa for Navaratri that we begin on

April

> > > 10th and end on April 16th. We are doing exactly as stated down

> here ,

> > > no additions necessary.

> > >

> > > Apr 10 th : All the preliminaries as per Swamiji's book(Chandi

Path)

> > > and Chapter 1

> > > Apr 11 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 2 & 3

> > > Apr 12 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 4

> > > Apr 13 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 5, 6, 7, & 8

> > > Apr 14 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 9 & 10

> > > Apr 15 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapter 11

> > > Apr 16 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 12 & 13 and

> conclusion as

> > > per Swamiji's book

> > > (Chandi Path).

> > >

> > > On the 16th of April, when you are chanting Chapter 13, remember to

> > > stop after verse 15 and tell the Goddess what you seek as a boon.

> > >

> > > Anyone ELSE (that havent responded already )that wants in on the

> group

> > > sankalpa, please let me know.

> > >

> > > Jai Chandi Maa

> > > Nanda>>

> > >

> > > Jai MAA !!!

> > >

> > > , Shankari Kali <shankari_kali@>

> > > wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Namaste Chris:

> > > >

> > > > Can we ask Swamiji for a blessing in our studies of the Chandi

> Path?

> > > I'm not sure I could handle chanting the whole thing at once at

this

> > > time, seriously.

> > > >

> > > > How do we get Swami's blessing for this?

> > > >

> > > > Thanks,

> > > > Shankari Kali

> > > >

> > > > Chris Kirner <chriskirner1956@> wrote:

> > > Hi Shankari Kali,

> > > >

> > > > In the Chandi it says that if you cannot do it in its

entirety you

> > > > should do only the first part (through chapter one). This is

> because

> > > > the shakti can be unbalancing if it is not done in sequence

and in

> > > > order. However, Swamiji has advised us that we can learn the

> Chandi

> > > > Path in any way that is most comfortable for us, so I think

he and

> > > > Mother give any of us who make the attempt some special help

> to make

> > > > sure nothing untoward happens.

> > > >

> > > > I'm sure Vish is probably forwarding your message to Swamiji

> for his

> > > > response, but if by some chance he does not, I would suggest

> you send

> > > > Swamiji an email and ask for his blessing on your practice, just

> > to be

> > > > sure he knows what you're doing.

> > > >

> > > > On a personal note, we did an online Chandi class a few years

> > ago, and

> > > > followed much the same progression of practice you are doing,

> except

> > > > we stayed with a particular section for an entire week.

There were

> > > > times when the shakti was very strong, in my experience. There

> were

> > > > ecstatic times, and times when my mind became so dull the

> words ran

> > > > all together on the page and my tongue became thick so that the

> > > > syllables fairly drooled out, a little at a time, it seemed.

> > > >

> > > > As I understand this tradition (which isn't very much, I

> admit) the

> > > > Chandi Path represents the choicest of the offerings, the

> highest of

> > > > the vidyas this path represents. It is not at all surprising

to me

> > > > that you are having experiences with Divine Mother in your

> mind and

> > > > body. But so long as you are under the umbrella of the Devi

> Mandir, I

> > > > wouldn't be concerned.

> > > >

> > > > May your practice produce only the most beautiful fruits!

> > > >

> > > > Jai Maa!

> > > > Chris

> > > >

> > > > , " Shankari Kali "

> > > > <shankari_kali@> wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > Namaste Group:

> > > > >

> > > > > I began chanting the chandi path one or two chapters a day

> > within a 7

> > > > > day period mainly because I have trouble pronouncing the

> > > Sanskrit, and

> > > > > I have to carefully follow the MP3 of Swamiji chanting.

> > > > >

> > > > > Today I chanted chapters 2 & 3 and experienced an overwhelming

> > amount

> > > > > of energy. I felt I HAD to do a Shiva puja to balance things

> > out. Is

> > > > > this a normal thing?

> > > > >

> > > > > I had planned to chant the Chandi Path daily and do a

Durga Puja

> > > > > daily, but I can't seem to handle the energy. Am I doing

> something

> > > > > wrong here?

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > Shankari Kali

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection.

> > > > Try the free Mail Beta.

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love

> > (and love to hate): TV's Guilty Pleasures list.

> >

>

Guest guest

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Chris Kirner <chriskirner1956 wrote: Hi,Your posts may have created some confusion, but they also opened thedoor to opportunity! Swamiji has consented to allow a group Chandisankalpa spread over nine days! All because of your post, Shankar!Jai Maa!Chris , "Sankar Viswanathan"<sankarrukku wrote:>> I am sorry that I

had created a lot of confusion with my posts. My> post was specifically in reply to Shankari Kali's question about> reciting Chandi. > > My posts are for information purpose only. That is to the best of my> knowledge. Very often I may be wrong.> > I am always excited when I hear about chanting of Sri Sri Chandi.> Because of problems with arthritis, I find it difficult to sit in an> asana for any length of time. > > Jai MAA KAALI !!!> > , Shankari Kali <shankari_kali@>> wrote:> >> > Chris:> > > > LOL.It was confusing because the dates corresponded to current> dates. Oh But, I wanted to chant with everyone ;)> > > > Shanti Om,> > Shankari Kali> > > > Chris Kirner

<chriskirner1956@> wrote: > Hi Y'all!> > > > I just wanted to let everyone know (since it seems more than a couple> > of folks didn't notice the post number) that the post from Nanda> > referring to a Chandi sankalpa is from a couple of years ago. Sankar> > Viswanathan dragged it out from the archives to help Shankari Kali, I> > think. There is no group Chandi sankalpa at this time.> > > > Hope nobody's embarrassed by this. It's not the first time, and I'm> > sure it won't be the last, that someone's responded to an old post.> > > > Jai Maa!> > Chris> > > > , "Sankar Viswanathan"> > <sankarrukku@> wrote:> > >> > > A way of reciting Sri Sri Chandi in 7 days was given in Message

No.> > 10986.> > > > > > <<Dear All,> > > Here again is our group sankalpa for Navaratri that we begin onApril> > > 10th and end on April 16th. We are doing exactly as stated down> here ,> > > no additions necessary.> > > > > > Apr 10 th : All the preliminaries as per Swamiji's book(ChandiPath)> > > and Chapter 1> > > Apr 11 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 2 & 3> > > Apr 12 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 4> > > Apr 13 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 5, 6, 7, & 8> > > Apr 14 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 9 & 10> > > Apr 15 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapter 11> > > Apr 16 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 12 & 13 and> conclusion as> > > per Swamiji's book > > > (Chandi Path).> >

> > > > On the 16th of April, when you are chanting Chapter 13, remember to> > > stop after verse 15 and tell the Goddess what you seek as a boon.> > > > > > Anyone ELSE (that havent responded already )that wants in on the> group> > > sankalpa, please let me know.> > > > > > Jai Chandi Maa> > > Nanda>>> > > > > > Jai MAA !!!> > > > > > , Shankari Kali <shankari_kali@>> > > wrote:> > > >> > > > Namaste Chris:> > > > > > > > Can we ask Swamiji for a blessing in our studies of the Chandi> Path?> > > I'm not sure I could handle chanting the whole thing at once atthis> > > time,

seriously.> > > > > > > > How do we get Swami's blessing for this?> > > > > > > > Thanks,> > > > Shankari Kali> > > > > > > > Chris Kirner <chriskirner1956@> wrote: > > > Hi Shankari Kali,> > > > > > > > In the Chandi it says that if you cannot do it in itsentirety you> > > > should do only the first part (through chapter one). This is> because> > > > the shakti can be unbalancing if it is not done in sequenceand in> > > > order. However, Swamiji has advised us that we can learn the> Chandi> > > > Path in any way that is most comfortable for us, so I thinkhe and> > > > Mother give any of us who make the attempt some special help> to make> > > > sure nothing untoward happens.

> > > > > > > > I'm sure Vish is probably forwarding your message to Swamiji> for his> > > > response, but if by some chance he does not, I would suggest> you send> > > > Swamiji an email and ask for his blessing on your practice, just> > to be> > > > sure he knows what you're doing.> > > > > > > > On a personal note, we did an online Chandi class a few years> > ago, and> > > > followed much the same progression of practice you are doing,> except> > > > we stayed with a particular section for an entire week.There were> > > > times when the shakti was very strong, in my experience. There> were> > > > ecstatic times, and times when my mind became so dull the> words ran> > > > all together on the page and my tongue became thick

so that the> > > > syllables fairly drooled out, a little at a time, it seemed.> > > > > > > > As I understand this tradition (which isn't very much, I> admit) the> > > > Chandi Path represents the choicest of the offerings, the> highest of> > > > the vidyas this path represents. It is not at all surprisingto me> > > > that you are having experiences with Divine Mother in your> mind and> > > > body. But so long as you are under the umbrella of the Devi> Mandir, I> > > > wouldn't be concerned.> > > > > > > > May your practice produce only the most beautiful fruits!> > > > > > > > Jai Maa!> > > > Chris> > > > > > > > , "Shankari Kali"> > > > <shankari_kali@> wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Namaste Group:> > > > > > > > > > I began chanting the chandi path one or two chapters a day> > within a 7> > > > > day period mainly because I have trouble pronouncing the> > > Sanskrit, and> > > > > I have to carefully follow the MP3 of Swamiji chanting. > > > > > > > > > > Today I chanted chapters 2 & 3 and experienced an overwhelming> > amount> > > > > of energy. I felt I HAD to do a Shiva puja to balance things> > out. Is> > > > > this a normal thing?> > > > > > > > > > I had planned to chant the Chandi Path daily and do

aDurga Puja> > > > > daily, but I can't seem to handle the energy. Am I doing> something> > > > > wrong here?> > > > > > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > Shankari Kali> > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection.> > > > Try the free Mail Beta.> > > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love> > (and love to hate): TV's Guilty Pleasures list.>

>>

Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games.

Guest guest

Oh great. Read that Swami is going to set it up and do it since so many are interested. How did you start. Just by reading it. Then chanting. Could use some advise. DebiShankari Kali <shankari_kali wrote: Namaste Debra,Hooray for you! I will be doing it anyway as well. I intend to make it part of my daily practice. If I break it down like that it makes it much easier for me, a novice, to do this.Shanti

Om!Shankari KaliDebra McDaniel <student61754 > wrote: Namaste, NO! not upset. Things happen for a reason. So with that in mind I for one plan to do it. Been working on it and wil throughly enjoy every minute of it. Dificult as it may be. Thanks for explaining though. That'll teach me to pay closer attention to things in the future. LOL, DebiShankari Kali <shankari_kali > wrote: Chris:LOL.It was confusing because the dates corresponded to current dates. Oh But, I

wanted to chant with everyone ;)Shanti Om,Shankari KaliChris Kirner <chriskirner1956 > wrote: Hi Y'all!I just wanted to let everyone know (since it seems more than a coupleof folks didn't notice the post number) that the post from Nandareferring to a Chandi sankalpa is from a couple of years ago. SankarViswanathan dragged it out from the archives to help Shankari Kali, Ithink. There is no group Chandi sankalpa at this time.Hope nobody's embarrassed by this. It's not the first time, and I'msure it won't be the last, that someone's responded to an old post.Jai Maa!Chris , "Sankar Viswanathan"<sankarrukku wrote:>> A way

of reciting Sri Sri Chandi in 7 days was given in Message No.10986.> > <<Dear All,> Here again is our group sankalpa for Navaratri that we begin on April> 10th and end on April 16th. We are doing exactly as stated down here ,> no additions necessary.> > Apr 10 th : All the preliminaries as per Swamiji's book(Chandi Path)> and Chapter 1> Apr 11 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 2 & 3> Apr 12 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 4> Apr 13 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 5, 6, 7, & 8> Apr 14 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 9 & 10> Apr 15 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapter 11> Apr 16 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 12 & 13 and conclusion as> per Swamiji's book > (Chandi Path).> > On the 16th of April, when you are chanting Chapter 13, remember to> stop after verse 15 and tell the Goddess what you seek

as a boon.> > Anyone ELSE (that havent responded already )that wants in on the group> sankalpa, please let me know.> > Jai Chandi Maa> Nanda>>> > Jai MAA !!!> > , Shankari Kali <shankari_kali@>> wrote:> >> > Namaste Chris:> > > > Can we ask Swamiji for a blessing in our studies of the Chandi Path?> I'm not sure I could handle chanting the whole thing at once at this> time, seriously.> > > > How do we get Swami's blessing for this?> > > > Thanks,> > Shankari Kali> > > > Chris Kirner <chriskirner1956@> wrote: > Hi Shankari Kali,> > > > In the Chandi it says that if you cannot do it in its entirety you> > should do only

the first part (through chapter one). This is because> > the shakti can be unbalancing if it is not done in sequence and in> > order. However, Swamiji has advised us that we can learn the Chandi> > Path in any way that is most comfortable for us, so I think he and> > Mother give any of us who make the attempt some special help to make> > sure nothing untoward happens. > > > > I'm sure Vish is probably forwarding your message to Swamiji for his> > response, but if by some chance he does not, I would suggest you send> > Swamiji an email and ask for his blessing on your practice, justto be> > sure he knows what you're doing.> > > > On a personal note, we did an online Chandi class a few yearsago, and> > followed much the same progression of practice you are doing, except> > we stayed with a particular section for an entire week.

There were> > times when the shakti was very strong, in my experience. There were> > ecstatic times, and times when my mind became so dull the words ran> > all together on the page and my tongue became thick so that the> > syllables fairly drooled out, a little at a time, it seemed.> > > > As I understand this tradition (which isn't very much, I admit) the> > Chandi Path represents the choicest of the offerings, the highest of> > the vidyas this path represents. It is not at all surprising to me> > that you are having experiences with Divine Mother in your mind and> > body. But so long as you are under the umbrella of the Devi Mandir, I> > wouldn't be concerned.> > > > May your practice produce only the most beautiful fruits!> > > > Jai Maa!> > Chris> > > > , "Shankari Kali"> > <shankari_kali@> wrote:> > >> > > Namaste Group:> > > > > > I began chanting the chandi path one or two chapters a daywithin a 7> > > day period mainly because I have trouble pronouncing the> Sanskrit, and> > > I have to carefully follow the MP3 of Swamiji chanting. > > > > > > Today I chanted chapters 2 & 3 and experienced an overwhelmingamount> > > of energy. I felt I HAD to do a Shiva puja to balance thingsout. Is> > > this a normal thing?> > > > > > I had planned to chant the Chandi Path daily and do a Durga Puja> > > daily, but I can't seem to handle the energy. Am I doing something> > > wrong here?> > > > > >

Thanks,> > > Shankari Kali> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection.> > Try the free Mail Beta.> >> We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love(and love to hate): TV's Guilty Pleasures list. TV dinner still cooling?Check out "Tonight's Picks" on TV. Need Mail bonding?Go to the Mail Q & A for great tips from Answers users.

Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games.

Guest guest

Debra:At first it looks overwhelming, but just take it bit by bit. What I did first was read the whole thing so I could get the meaning of the text and the hymns themselves. Then I put on Swami's MP3 chanting it, listened to short bits of it, stopped the MP3, and recited it. I did this through the whole thing.My version does not have the Hymns transliterated into English. I attempted to just listen to Swami recite these and recite them as well. This proved a bit difficult. I went ahead and ordered the one here hoping that the whole thing including the hymns were transliterated into English script.Just take it slow. Read the whole thing first. There are some hymns that have to be recited to begin with. One of the hymns unlocks the Chandi.The Scripture itself has a beautiful meaning. Take time to soak that up first.Jai Maa!Shankari KaliDebra McDaniel <student61754 wrote: Oh great. Read that Swami is going to set it up and do it since so many are interested. How did you start. Just by reading it. Then chanting. Could use some advise. DebiShankari Kali <shankari_kali > wrote: Namaste Debra,Hooray for you! I will be doing it anyway as well. I intend to make it part of my

daily practice. If I break it down like that it makes it much easier for me, a novice, to do this.Shanti Om!Shankari KaliDebra McDaniel <student61754 > wrote: Namaste, NO! not upset. Things happen for a reason. So with that in mind I for one plan to do it. Been working on it and wil throughly enjoy every minute of it. Dificult as it may be. Thanks for explaining though. That'll teach me to pay closer attention to things in the future. LOL, DebiShankari Kali <shankari_kali > wrote: Chris:LOL.It was confusing because the dates corresponded to current dates. Oh But, I wanted to chant with everyone ;)Shanti Om,Shankari KaliChris Kirner <chriskirner1956 > wrote: Hi Y'all!I just wanted to let everyone know (since it seems more than a coupleof folks didn't notice the post number) that the post from Nandareferring to a Chandi sankalpa is from a couple of years ago. SankarViswanathan dragged it out from the archives to help Shankari Kali, Ithink. There is no group Chandi sankalpa at this time.Hope nobody's embarrassed by this. It's not the first time, and I'msure it won't be the last, that someone's responded to an old post.Jai Maa!Chris , "Sankar Viswanathan"<sankarrukku wrote:>> A way of reciting Sri Sri Chandi in 7 days was given in Message No.10986.> > <<Dear All,> Here again is our group sankalpa for Navaratri that we begin on April> 10th and end on April 16th. We are doing exactly as stated down here ,> no additions necessary.> > Apr 10 th : All the preliminaries as per Swamiji's book(Chandi Path)> and Chapter 1> Apr 11 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 2 & 3> Apr 12 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 4> Apr 13 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 5, 6, 7, & 8> Apr 14 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 9 & 10> Apr 15 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapter 11> Apr 16 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 12 & 13 and conclusion as> per Swamiji's book

> (Chandi Path).> > On the 16th of April, when you are chanting Chapter 13, remember to> stop after verse 15 and tell the Goddess what you seek as a boon.> > Anyone ELSE (that havent responded already )that wants in on the group> sankalpa, please let me know.> > Jai Chandi Maa> Nanda>>> > Jai MAA !!!> > , Shankari Kali <shankari_kali@>> wrote:> >> > Namaste Chris:> > > > Can we ask Swamiji for a blessing in our studies of the Chandi Path?> I'm not sure I could handle chanting the whole thing at once at this> time, seriously.> > > > How do we get Swami's blessing for this?> > > > Thanks,> > Shankari Kali> > > > Chris Kirner

<chriskirner1956@> wrote: > Hi Shankari Kali,> > > > In the Chandi it says that if you cannot do it in its entirety you> > should do only the first part (through chapter one). This is because> > the shakti can be unbalancing if it is not done in sequence and in> > order. However, Swamiji has advised us that we can learn the Chandi> > Path in any way that is most comfortable for us, so I think he and> > Mother give any of us who make the attempt some special help to make> > sure nothing untoward happens. > > > > I'm sure Vish is probably forwarding your message to Swamiji for his> > response, but if by some chance he does not, I would suggest you send> > Swamiji an email and ask for his blessing on your practice, justto be> > sure he knows what you're doing.> > > > On a personal note, we did an online

Chandi class a few yearsago, and> > followed much the same progression of practice you are doing, except> > we stayed with a particular section for an entire week. There were> > times when the shakti was very strong, in my experience. There were> > ecstatic times, and times when my mind became so dull the words ran> > all together on the page and my tongue became thick so that the> > syllables fairly drooled out, a little at a time, it seemed.> > > > As I understand this tradition (which isn't very much, I admit) the> > Chandi Path represents the choicest of the offerings, the highest of> > the vidyas this path represents. It is not at all surprising to me> > that you are having experiences with Divine Mother in your mind and> > body. But so long as you are under the umbrella of the Devi Mandir, I> > wouldn't be concerned.> >

> > May your practice produce only the most beautiful fruits!> > > > Jai Maa!> > Chris> > > > , "Shankari Kali"> > <shankari_kali@> wrote:> > >> > > Namaste Group:> > > > > > I began chanting the chandi path one or two chapters a daywithin a 7> > > day period mainly because I have trouble pronouncing the> Sanskrit, and> > > I have to carefully follow the MP3 of Swamiji chanting. > > > > > > Today I chanted chapters 2 & 3 and experienced an overwhelmingamount> > > of energy. I felt I HAD to do a Shiva puja to balance thingsout. Is> > > this a normal thing?> > > > > > I had planned to chant the Chandi Path daily and do a Durga

Puja> > > daily, but I can't seem to handle the energy. Am I doing something> > > wrong here?> > > > > > Thanks,> > > Shankari Kali> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection.> > Try the free Mail Beta.> >> We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love(and love to hate): TV's Guilty Pleasures list. TV dinner still cooling?Check out "Tonight's Picks" on TV. Need Mail bonding?Go to the Mail Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games.

We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love(and love to hate): TV's Guilty Pleasures list.

Guest guest

Hi Debi,

Further guidance will be forthcoming...

Chandi Maa Ki JAI!

Chris

, Debra McDaniel <student61754

wrote:

>

> Oh great.

> Read that Swami is going to set it up and do it since so many are

interested.

> How did you start.

> Just by reading it.

> Then chanting.

> Could use some advise.

> Debi

>

> Shankari Kali <shankari_kali wrote:

> Namaste Debra,

>

> Hooray for you! I will be doing it anyway as well. I intend to make

it part of my daily practice. If I break it down like that it makes it

much easier for me, a novice, to do this.

>

> Shanti Om!

> Shankari Kali

>

> Debra McDaniel <student61754 wrote:

> Namaste,

> NO! not upset.

> Things happen for a reason.

> So with that in mind I for one plan to do it.

> Been working on it and wil throughly enjoy every minute of it.

> Dificult as it may be.

>

> Thanks for explaining though.

> That'll teach me to pay closer attention to things in the future.

>

> LOL,

> Debi

>

> Shankari Kali <shankari_kali wrote:

> Chris:

>

> LOL.It was confusing because the dates corresponded to current

dates. Oh But, I wanted to chant with everyone ;)

>

> Shanti Om,

> Shankari Kali

>

> Chris Kirner <chriskirner1956 wrote: Hi Y'all!

>

> I just wanted to let everyone know (since it seems more than a couple

> of folks didn't notice the post number) that the post from Nanda

> referring to a Chandi sankalpa is from a couple of years ago. Sankar

> Viswanathan dragged it out from the archives to help Shankari Kali, I

> think. There is no group Chandi sankalpa at this time.

>

> Hope nobody's embarrassed by this. It's not the first time, and I'm

> sure it won't be the last, that someone's responded to an old post.

>

> Jai Maa!

> Chris

>

> , " Sankar Viswanathan "

> <sankarrukku@> wrote:

> >

> > A way of reciting Sri Sri Chandi in 7 days was given in Message No.

> 10986.

> >

> > <<Dear All,

> > Here again is our group sankalpa for Navaratri that we begin on April

> > 10th and end on April 16th. We are doing exactly as stated down here ,

> > no additions necessary.

> >

> > Apr 10 th : All the preliminaries as per Swamiji's book(Chandi Path)

> > and Chapter 1

> > Apr 11 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 2 & 3

> > Apr 12 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 4

> > Apr 13 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 5, 6, 7, & 8

> > Apr 14 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 9 & 10

> > Apr 15 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapter 11

> > Apr 16 th : Durga Sapta Shloki and Chapters 12 & 13 and conclusion as

> > per Swamiji's book

> > (Chandi Path).

> >

> > On the 16th of April, when you are chanting Chapter 13, remember to

> > stop after verse 15 and tell the Goddess what you seek as a boon.

> >

> > Anyone ELSE (that havent responded already )that wants in on the group

> > sankalpa, please let me know.

> >

> > Jai Chandi Maa

> > Nanda>>

> >

> > Jai MAA !!!

> >

> > , Shankari Kali <shankari_kali@>

> > wrote:

> > >

> > > Namaste Chris:

> > >

> > > Can we ask Swamiji for a blessing in our studies of the Chandi Path?

> > I'm not sure I could handle chanting the whole thing at once at this

> > time, seriously.

> > >

> > > How do we get Swami's blessing for this?

> > >

> > > Thanks,

> > > Shankari Kali

> > >

> > > Chris Kirner <chriskirner1956@> wrote:

> > Hi Shankari Kali,

> > >

> > > In the Chandi it says that if you cannot do it in its entirety you

> > > should do only the first part (through chapter one). This is because

> > > the shakti can be unbalancing if it is not done in sequence and in

> > > order. However, Swamiji has advised us that we can learn the Chandi

> > > Path in any way that is most comfortable for us, so I think he and

> > > Mother give any of us who make the attempt some special help to make

> > > sure nothing untoward happens.

> > >

> > > I'm sure Vish is probably forwarding your message to Swamiji for his

> > > response, but if by some chance he does not, I would suggest you

send

> > > Swamiji an email and ask for his blessing on your practice, just

> to be

> > > sure he knows what you're doing.

> > >

> > > On a personal note, we did an online Chandi class a few years

> ago, and

> > > followed much the same progression of practice you are doing, except

> > > we stayed with a particular section for an entire week. There were

> > > times when the shakti was very strong, in my experience. There were

> > > ecstatic times, and times when my mind became so dull the words ran

> > > all together on the page and my tongue became thick so that the

> > > syllables fairly drooled out, a little at a time, it seemed.

> > >

> > > As I understand this tradition (which isn't very much, I admit) the

> > > Chandi Path represents the choicest of the offerings, the highest of

> > > the vidyas this path represents. It is not at all surprising to me

> > > that you are having experiences with Divine Mother in your mind and

> > > body. But so long as you are under the umbrella of the Devi

Mandir, I

> > > wouldn't be concerned.

> > >

> > > May your practice produce only the most beautiful fruits!

> > >

> > > Jai Maa!

> > > Chris

> > >

> > > , " Shankari Kali "

> > > <shankari_kali@> wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Namaste Group:

> > > >

> > > > I began chanting the chandi path one or two chapters a day

> within a 7

> > > > day period mainly because I have trouble pronouncing the

> > Sanskrit, and

> > > > I have to carefully follow the MP3 of Swamiji chanting.

> > > >

> > > > Today I chanted chapters 2 & 3 and experienced an overwhelming

> amount

> > > > of energy. I felt I HAD to do a Shiva puja to balance things

> out. Is

> > > > this a normal thing?

> > > >

> > > > I had planned to chant the Chandi Path daily and do a Durga Puja

> > > > daily, but I can't seem to handle the energy. Am I doing something

> > > > wrong here?

> > > >

> > > > Thanks,

> > > > Shankari Kali

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection.

> > > Try the free Mail Beta.

> > >

>

> We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love

> (and love to hate): TV's Guilty Pleasures list.

> TV dinner still cooling?

> Check out " Tonight's Picks " on TV.

>

>

>

>

> Need Mail bonding?

> Go to the Mail Q & A for great tips from Answers users.

>

>

>

>

>

> Bored stiff? Loosen up...

> Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games.

>