Guest guest

Kaisika Ekadasi - Thiru-k-Kurungudi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

SrI:

Dear BhagavathAs:: adiyEn namaskArams::

Due to grace of divyadampathis, and anugraham of theRku veedu -

Sri KuRunga naachiyaar samEtha Sri Vadivazhagiya Nambi, adiyEn

attended the Kaisika ekadasi festival at Thiru-k-kurungudi.

As you all know that, this " NampAduvAn Charithram " was narrated

by Sri Varaha Perumal to Bhoomi Piraattiyaar in Varaha Puranam.

NampAduvAn was born in low - chandala - kulam, but was a great

bhAgavatha, devotee of Sri KuRungudi Nambi. It was his usual that

on every ekAdasi, he used to observe " jAkratha vratham " - without

sleeping full night, singing the glory of Lord and thinking about him-.

On one karthigai ekAdasi, NampAduvAn left to KuRungudi nambi

temple to observe his fast and render some pAsuram using various

paN's on Sri KuRungudi Nambi.

But unfortunately, he was caught by a BrahmarAkshasu on the way to

Nambi temple, and it threatened him that it is going to consume him

as food.

NampAduvAn argued with Brahmarakshasu that, he would return back

soon after his vratham and darshan of Kurungudi Nambi, then it can took

him as food. But BrahmarAkshasu was not in a position to believe

NampAduvAn. BrahmarAkshasu argued that, no one in this world would

come back as food. -

Is there any possibility that a deer could escape

after it was caught up by a lion? -

Then NampAduvAn started promising Brahmarakshasu that, if he is

not going to return back, he would get sin of those who treat their guests

with difference in hospitality, etc.,.,etc.,

But for none of NampAduvAn's promises, BrahmarAkshasu was NOT

satisfied, and simply replied ---

The promise is like When a cow was caught up by a lion, the Cow

promised Lion that it would return back after feeding it's calf (offspring)!

So I am not going to leave you!

At last NampAduvAn promised that " Who ever thinks/say that

Supreme Lord Sriman Narayanan is EQUIVALENT / ON PAR

with OR INFERIOR with other dEvathAs, that PAPAM would

catch me! "

After hearing this BrahmarAkshasu was annoyed by saying that,

" Oh BhagavatharE!, What a promise you made!, None would dare

to say like that. Now I believe on you, and soon return back. I will

wait for you till our return "

NampAduvAn happily went to Sri Kurungudi temple, observed his

jAkratha vratham, rendered pAsurams on Sri Vadivazhagiya Nambi

using various paN's. The last pAsuram that he rendered on Nambi was

based on KAISIKA PAN.

After NampAduvAn completed his ekAdasi vratham, while on the

way to BrahmarAkshasu was interrupted by Sri KuRungudi Nambi

HIMSELF as an old man. HE advised NampAduvAn to take another

path to escape from BrahmarAkshasu. But NampAduvAn was not

in a position to defer from his promise to BrahmarAkshasu. Hence

Nambi said ---

" It's usual in this lOkam that, to save one's own life from an enemy,

you can promise on various things, but it's not necessary to fulfill that vows "

But NampAduvAn argued that he would stand on DHARMA, and is

going to fulfill the vow that he had made to BrahmarAkshasu.

On hearing that, Nambi was happy and blessed NampAduvAn!

NampAduvAn returned to BrahmarAkshasu and requested to consume

him as food. Rather BrahmarAkshasu deferred from that point, and

requested NampAduvAn to grant phalan of the pAsurams that he

rendered on Nambi using various paN's.

NampAduvAn - " As per the promise, I returned back to you. Now you

should not defer from our deal "

BrahmarAkshasu - " Oh BhagavatharE!, Please grant the phalan of

at least half of the pAsurams that you rendered on Sri Nambi "

NampAduvAn - " I didn't praised Kurungudi Nambi based on any phalan.

Now you have to consume me and Don't defer from your promise "

BrahmarAkshasu - " Oh BhagavatharE!, Please grant the phalan of the last pAsuram based on KAISIKA PAN that you rendered on Sri Nambi "

NampAduvAn - " Initially you seemed to be aggressive and threatened me

that you are going to consume my flesh as food, but now you are

requesting for the phalan to rescue from your curse. Can you tell Who are

you? What is your Poorvikam? What is your gOthram? "

BrahmarAkshasu - " Oh BhagavatharE! My name is Soma Sarma. I was

a great vidwan in conducting Yagnams. Due to ahankAram, I made mistake

while reciting the mantrams and was cursed by dEvars to became

Brahmarakshasu. They also told that, I would be relieved from this curse

after I met a devotee - from chandala kulam - of Sri Nambi at Thiru Kurungudi.

Hence I request you to kindly grant me the phalan of the last pAsuram

on Kaisika paN and relieve me "

After the above request, NampAduvAn granted the phalan of the pAsuram

based on Kaisika paN and relieved the Brahmarakshasu from its curse!.

The above would be enacted as drama in front of Sri Vadivazhagiya Nambi

during every Kaisika Ekadasi at KAISIKA MANTAPAM.

AdiyEn would like to share some pictures taken during the Kaisika nAtakam

at Thiru-k-Kurungudi on Kaisika Ekadasi day - 09-Dec-08.

http://picasaweb.google.com/b.senthil2002/KaisikaEkadasi#

Namo Sri Sundara ParipoorNAya:

adiyEn,

senthil.

Guest guest

Dear Sri Senthil,

I take pleasure in thanking you for bringing out an excellent capture of the " NampAduvAn Charithram "

The photographs have also been captured well.

Thanks a lot.

S.R.Govindarajan

On 12/12/08, B. Senthil Kumar <b.senthil2002 wrote:

SrI:Dear BhagavathAs:: adiyEn namaskArams::Due to grace of divyadampathis, and anugraham of theRku veedu - Sri KuRunga naachiyaar samEtha Sri Vadivazhagiya Nambi, adiyEnattended the Kaisika ekadasi festival at Thiru-k-kurungudi.

As you all know that, this " NampAduvAn Charithram " was narratedby Sri Varaha Perumal to Bhoomi Piraattiyaar in Varaha Puranam.NampAduvAn was born in low - chandala - kulam, but was a great

bhAgavatha, devotee of Sri KuRungudi Nambi. It was his usual thaton every ekAdasi, he used to observe " jAkratha vratham " - withoutsleeping full night, singing the glory of Lord and thinking about him-.

On one karthigai ekAdasi, NampAduvAn left to KuRungudi nambitemple to observe his fast and render some pAsuram using variouspaN's on Sri KuRungudi Nambi.But unfortunately, he was caught by a BrahmarAkshasu on the way to

Nambi temple, and it threatened him that it is going to consume himas food.NampAduvAn argued with Brahmarakshasu that, he would return backsoon after his vratham and darshan of Kurungudi Nambi, then it can took

him as food. But BrahmarAkshasu was not in a position to believe NampAduvAn. BrahmarAkshasu argued that, no one in this world would

come back as food. - Is there any possibility that a deer could escape after it was caught up by a lion? -Then NampAduvAn started promising Brahmarakshasu that, if he isnot going to return back, he would get sin of those who treat their guests

with difference in hospitality, etc.,.,etc.,But for none of NampAduvAn's promises, BrahmarAkshasu was NOTsatisfied, and simply replied ---The promise is like When a cow was caught up by a lion, the Cow

promised Lion that it would return back after feeding it's calf (offspring)!So I am not going to leave you!At last NampAduvAn promised that " Who ever thinks/say that Supreme Lord Sriman Narayanan is EQUIVALENT / ON PAR

with OR INFERIOR with other dEvathAs, that PAPAM wouldcatch me! " After hearing this BrahmarAkshasu was annoyed by saying that, " Oh BhagavatharE!, What a promise you made!, None would dareto say like that. Now I believe on you, and soon return back. I will

wait for you till our return " NampAduvAn happily went to Sri Kurungudi temple, observed hisjAkratha vratham, rendered pAsurams on Sri Vadivazhagiya Nambiusing various paN's. The last pAsuram that he rendered on Nambi was

based on KAISIKA PAN.After NampAduvAn completed his ekAdasi vratham, while on the way to BrahmarAkshasu was interrupted by Sri KuRungudi NambiHIMSELF as an old man. HE advised NampAduvAn to take another

path to escape from BrahmarAkshasu. But NampAduvAn was notin a position to defer from his promise to BrahmarAkshasu. HenceNambi said --- " It's usual in this lOkam that, to save one's own life from an enemy,

you can promise on various things, but it's not necessary to fulfill that vows " But NampAduvAn argued that he would stand on DHARMA, and isgoing to fulfill the vow that he had made to BrahmarAkshasu.

On hearing that, Nambi was happy and blessed NampAduvAn!NampAduvAn returned to BrahmarAkshasu and requested to consumehim as food. Rather BrahmarAkshasu deferred from that point, and

requested NampAduvAn to grant phalan of the pAsurams that he rendered on Nambi using various paN's.NampAduvAn - " As per the promise, I returned back to you. Now youshould not defer from our deal "

BrahmarAkshasu - " Oh BhagavatharE!, Please grant the phalan of at least half of the pAsurams that you rendered on Sri Nambi " NampAduvAn - " I didn't praised Kurungudi Nambi based on any phalan.

Now you have to consume me and Don't defer from your promise " BrahmarAkshasu - " Oh BhagavatharE!, Please grant the phalan of

the last pAsuram based on KAISIKA PAN that you rendered on Sri Nambi " NampAduvAn - " Initially you seemed to be aggressive and threatened me

that you are going to consume my flesh as food, but now you arerequesting for the phalan to rescue from your curse. Can you tell Who areyou? What is your Poorvikam? What is your gOthram? " BrahmarAkshasu - " Oh BhagavatharE! My name is Soma Sarma. I was

a great vidwan in conducting Yagnams. Due to ahankAram, I made mistakewhile reciting the mantrams and was cursed by dEvars to becameBrahmarakshasu. They also told that, I would be relieved from this curseafter I met a devotee - from chandala kulam - of Sri Nambi at Thiru Kurungudi.

Hence I request you to kindly grant me the phalan of the last pAsuramon Kaisika paN and relieve me " After the above request, NampAduvAn granted the phalan of the pAsurambased on Kaisika paN and relieved the Brahmarakshasu from its curse!.

The above would be enacted as drama in front of Sri Vadivazhagiya Nambiduring every Kaisika Ekadasi at KAISIKA MANTAPAM.AdiyEn would like to share some pictures taken during the Kaisika nAtakamat Thiru-k-Kurungudi on Kaisika Ekadasi day - 09-Dec-08.

http://picasaweb.google.com/b.senthil2002/KaisikaEkadasi#Namo Sri Sundara ParipoorNAya:

adiyEn,senthil.

Guest guest

Swamin,

Very happy to know that the Kaisika Puranam is being enacted on the stage. Shall be grateful to know whether such enactments could be done at our Temple at Mumbai.

Dasan

Raghunathan

--- On Fri, 12/12/08, B. Senthil Kumar <b.senthil2002 wrote:

B. Senthil Kumar <b.senthil2002 Kaisika Ekadasi - Thiru-k-Kurungudi"Oppiliappan" <oppiliappan >Friday, December 12, 2008, 6:15 AM

SrI:Dear BhagavathAs: : adiyEn namaskArams: :Due to grace of divyadampathis, and anugraham of theRku veedu - Sri KuRunga naachiyaar samEtha Sri Vadivazhagiya Nambi, adiyEnattended the Kaisika ekadasi festival at Thiru-k-kurungudi.As you all know that, this "NampAduvAn Charithram" was narratedby Sri Varaha Perumal to Bhoomi Piraattiyaar in Varaha Puranam.NampAduvAn was born in low - chandala - kulam, but was a greatbhAgavatha, devotee of Sri KuRungudi Nambi. It was his usual thaton every ekAdasi, he used to observe "jAkratha vratham" - withoutsleeping full night, singing the glory of Lord and thinking about him-.On one karthigai ekAdasi, NampAduvAn left to KuRungudi nambitemple to observe his fast and render some pAsuram using variouspaN's on Sri KuRungudi Nambi.But unfortunately, he was caught by a BrahmarAkshasu on the way

toNambi temple, and it threatened him that it is going to consume himas food.NampAduvAn argued with Brahmarakshasu that, he would return backsoon after his vratham and darshan of Kurungudi Nambi, then it can tookhim as food. But BrahmarAkshasu was not in a position to believe NampAduvAn. BrahmarAkshasu argued that, no one in this world wouldcome back as food. - Is there any possibility that a deer could escape after it was caught up by a lion? -Then NampAduvAn started promising Brahmarakshasu that, if he isnot going to return back, he would get sin of those who treat their guestswith difference in hospitality, etc.,.,etc.,But for none of NampAduvAn's promises, BrahmarAkshasu was NOTsatisfied, and simply replied ---The promise is like When a cow was caught up by

a lion, the Cow promised Lion that it would return back after feeding it's calf (offspring)!So I am not going to leave you!At last NampAduvAn promised that "Who ever thinks/say that Supreme Lord Sriman Narayanan is EQUIVALENT / ON PARwith OR INFERIOR with other dEvathAs, that PAPAM wouldcatch me!"After hearing this BrahmarAkshasu was annoyed by saying that,"Oh BhagavatharE! , What a promise you made!, None would dareto say like that. Now I believe on you, and soon return back. I willwait for you till our return"NampAduvAn happily went to Sri Kurungudi temple, observed hisjAkratha vratham, rendered pAsurams on Sri Vadivazhagiya Nambiusing various paN's. The last pAsuram that he rendered on Nambi wasbased on KAISIKA PAN.After NampAduvAn completed his ekAdasi vratham, while on the way to BrahmarAkshasu was interrupted by Sri KuRungudi NambiHIMSELF as an old man. HE

advised NampAduvAn to take anotherpath to escape from BrahmarAkshasu. But NampAduvAn was notin a position to defer from his promise to BrahmarAkshasu. HenceNambi said ---" It's usual in this lOkam that, to save one's own life from an enemy, you can promise on various things, but it's not necessary to fulfill that vows"But NampAduvAn argued that he would stand on DHARMA, and isgoing to fulfill the vow that he had made to BrahmarAkshasu.On hearing that, Nambi was happy and blessed NampAduvAn!NampAduvAn returned to BrahmarAkshasu and requested to consumehim as food. Rather BrahmarAkshasu deferred from that point, andrequested NampAduvAn to grant phalan of the pAsurams that he rendered on Nambi using

various paN's.NampAduvAn - "As per the promise, I returned back to you. Now youshould not defer from our deal "BrahmarAkshasu - "Oh BhagavatharE! , Please grant the phalan of at least half of the pAsurams that you rendered on Sri Nambi"NampAduvAn - " I didn't praised Kurungudi Nambi based on any phalan.Now you have to consume me and Don't defer from your promise"BrahmarAkshasu - "Oh BhagavatharE! , Please grant the phalan of the last pAsuram based on KAISIKA PAN that you rendered on Sri Nambi"NampAduvAn - "Initially you seemed to be aggressive and threatened methat you are going to consume my flesh as food, but now you

arerequesting for the phalan to rescue from your curse. Can you tell Who areyou? What is your Poorvikam? What is your gOthram? "BrahmarAkshasu - "Oh BhagavatharE! My name is Soma Sarma. I wasa great vidwan in conducting Yagnams. Due to ahankAram, I made mistakewhile reciting the mantrams and was cursed by dEvars to becameBrahmarakshasu. They also told that, I would be relieved from this curseafter I met a devotee - from chandala kulam - of Sri Nambi at Thiru Kurungudi.Hence I request you to kindly grant me the phalan of the last pAsuramon Kaisika paN and relieve me"After the above request, NampAduvAn granted the phalan of the pAsurambased on Kaisika paN and relieved the Brahmarakshasu from its curse!.The above would be enacted as drama in front of Sri Vadivazhagiya Nambiduring every Kaisika Ekadasi at

KAISIKA MANTAPAM.AdiyEn would like to share some pictures taken during the Kaisika nAtakamat Thiru-k-Kurungudi on Kaisika Ekadasi day - 09-Dec-08.http://picasaweb. google.com/ b.senthil2002/ KaisikaEkadasi#Namo Sri Sundara ParipoorNAya:adiyEn,senthil.

Guest guest

Dear Sriman Raghunatan :

Pleae contact Srimathy Anita Ratnam of Chennai , who took

enormous effort to bring back the ancient tradition of

Kaisika PurANam dance offering to the Lord to

Thirukkurungudi Nambi . Her family hails from

Thirukkurungudi and She is a renowned

Dancer . She can help you . She is a descendant

of the Famous TVS Family , who have contributed

immensely to VaishNavite Temple culture

thru many Philanthrophies .

You can read about her at

http://www.narthaki.com

Anita is a multitalented artist and poet :

http://www.aniaratnam.com

Best wishes ,

V.Sadagopan

-

raghunathan r

Oppiliappan

Friday, December 12, 2008 10:29 PM

Re: Kaisika Ekadasi - Thiru-k-Kurungudi

Swamin,

Very happy to know that the Kaisika Puranam is being enacted on the stage. Shall be grateful to know whether such enactments could be done at our Temple at Mumbai.

Dasan

Raghunathan

--- On Fri, 12/12/08, B. Senthil Kumar <b.senthil2002 wrote:

B. Senthil Kumar <b.senthil2002 Kaisika Ekadasi - Thiru-k-Kurungudi"Oppiliappan" <oppiliappan >Friday, December 12, 2008, 6:15 AM

SrI:Dear BhagavathAs: : adiyEn namaskArams: :Due to grace of divyadampathis, and anugraham of theRku veedu - Sri KuRunga naachiyaar samEtha Sri Vadivazhagiya Nambi, adiyEnattended the Kaisika ekadasi festival at Thiru-k-kurungudi.As you all know that, this "NampAduvAn Charithram" was narratedby Sri Varaha Perumal to Bhoomi Piraattiyaar in Varaha Puranam.NampAduvAn was born in low - chandala - kulam, but was a greatbhAgavatha, devotee of Sri KuRungudi Nambi. It was his usual thaton every ekAdasi, he used to observe "jAkratha vratham" - withoutsleeping full night, singing the glory of Lord and thinking about him-.On one karthigai ekAdasi, NampAduvAn left to KuRungudi nambitemple to observe his fast and render some pAsuram using variouspaN's on Sri KuRungudi Nambi.But unfortunately, he was caught by a BrahmarAkshasu on the way toNambi temple, and it threatened him that it is going to consume himas food.NampAduvAn argued with Brahmarakshasu that, he would return backsoon after his vratham and darshan of Kurungudi Nambi, then it can tookhim as food. But BrahmarAkshasu was not in a position to believe NampAduvAn. BrahmarAkshasu argued that, no one in this world wouldcome back as food. - Is there any possibility that a deer could escape after it was caught up by a lion? -Then NampAduvAn started promising Brahmarakshasu that, if he isnot going to return back, he would get sin of those who treat their guestswith difference in hospitality, etc.,.,etc.,But for none of NampAduvAn's promises, BrahmarAkshasu was NOTsatisfied, and simply replied ---The promise is like When a cow was caught up by a lion, the Cow promised Lion that it would return back after feeding it's calf (offspring)!So I am not going to leave you!At last NampAduvAn promised that "Who ever thinks/say that Supreme Lord Sriman Narayanan is EQUIVALENT / ON PARwith OR INFERIOR with other dEvathAs, that PAPAM wouldcatch me!"After hearing this BrahmarAkshasu was annoyed by saying that,"Oh BhagavatharE! , What a promise you made!, None would dareto say like that. Now I believe on you, and soon return back. I willwait for you till our return"NampAduvAn happily went to Sri Kurungudi temple, observed hisjAkratha vratham, rendered pAsurams on Sri Vadivazhagiya Nambiusing various paN's. The last pAsuram that he rendered on Nambi wasbased on KAISIKA PAN.After NampAduvAn completed his ekAdasi vratham, while on the way to BrahmarAkshasu was interrupted by Sri KuRungudi NambiHIMSELF as an old man. HE advised NampAduvAn to take anotherpath to escape from BrahmarAkshasu. But NampAduvAn was notin a position to defer from his promise to BrahmarAkshasu. HenceNambi said ---" It's usual in this lOkam that, to save one's own life from an enemy, you can promise on various things, but it's not necessary to fulfill that vows"But NampAduvAn argued that he would stand on DHARMA, and isgoing to fulfill the vow that he had made to BrahmarAkshasu.On hearing that, Nambi was happy and blessed NampAduvAn!NampAduvAn returned to BrahmarAkshasu and requested to consumehim as food. Rather BrahmarAkshasu deferred from that point, andrequested NampAduvAn to grant phalan of the pAsurams that he rendered on Nambi using various paN's.NampAduvAn - "As per the promise, I returned back to you. Now youshould not defer from our deal "BrahmarAkshasu - "Oh BhagavatharE! , Please grant the phalan of at least half of the pAsurams that you rendered on Sri Nambi"NampAduvAn - " I didn't praised Kurungudi Nambi based on any phalan.Now you have to consume me and Don't defer from your promise"BrahmarAkshasu - "Oh BhagavatharE! , Please grant the phalan of the last pAsuram based on KAISIKA PAN that you rendered on Sri Nambi"NampAduvAn - "Initially you seemed to be aggressive and threatened methat you are going to consume my flesh as food, but now you arerequesting for the phalan to rescue from your curse. Can you tell Who areyou? What is your Poorvikam? What is your gOthram? "BrahmarAkshasu - "Oh BhagavatharE! My name is Soma Sarma. I wasa great vidwan in conducting Yagnams. Due to ahankAram, I made mistakewhile reciting the mantrams and was cursed by dEvars to becameBrahmarakshasu. They also told that, I would be relieved from this curseafter I met a devotee - from chandala kulam - of Sri Nambi at Thiru Kurungudi.Hence I request you to kindly grant me the phalan of the last pAsuramon Kaisika paN and relieve me"After the above request, NampAduvAn granted the phalan of the pAsurambased on Kaisika paN and relieved the Brahmarakshasu from its curse!.The above would be enacted as drama in front of Sri Vadivazhagiya Nambiduring every Kaisika Ekadasi at KAISIKA MANTAPAM.AdiyEn would like to share some pictures taken during the Kaisika nAtakamat Thiru-k-Kurungudi on Kaisika Ekadasi day - 09-Dec-08.http://picasaweb. google.com/ b.senthil2002/ KaisikaEkadasi#Namo Sri Sundara ParipoorNAya:adiyEn,senthil.

Guest guest

SrI:

Dear Raghunathan Swamin: adiyEn namaskArams::

Before start of the nAtakam infront of Sri Kurungudi Nambi at

Kaisika Mantapam, there was a similar enactment of drama from

Tanjore group of childrens at Mattaiyadi Mantapam. This drama

by Tanjore group was sponsored by TVS group.

But adiyEn is unaware of the family who is performing the

nAtakam in traditional way every year.

The original enactment was practiced and performed in traditional

way by the same family every year. The pictures were from those

traditional drama!

AdiyEn could able to watch both the way of drama. But however

the traditional way has its own richness and divinity.

adiyEn,

senthil.b

Oppiliappan , raghunathan r

<rraghunathan_in wrote:

>

> Swamin,

>

> Very happy to know that the Kaisika Puranam is being enacted on the

stage. Shall be grateful to know whether such enactments could be

done at our Temple at Mumbai.

>

> Dasan

> Raghunathan

Guest guest

SrI:

Dear Sri Govindarajan Swamin: adiyEn namaskArams::

The very idea of sharing pictures to the group is to

encourage/motivate the bhakthAs and bhAgavathAs to attend the festival

during next year and enjoy the divine anubhavam and receive the

blessings of divyadampathis.

Sri Sundara ParipoorNAya nama:

adiyEn,

senthil.b

Oppiliappan , " govindarajan sr "

<srgovind1954 wrote:

>

> Dear Sri Senthil,

> I take pleasure in thanking you for bringing

out an

> excellent capture of the " NampAduvAn Charithram "

> The photographs have also been captured well.

> Thanks a lot.

> S.R.Govindarajan

>

>

> On 12/12/08, B. Senthil Kumar <b.senthil2002 wrote:

> >

> > SrI:

> >

> > Dear BhagavathAs:: adiyEn namaskArams::

> >

> > Due to grace of divyadampathis, and anugraham of theRku veedu -

> > Sri KuRunga naachiyaar samEtha Sri Vadivazhagiya Nambi, adiyEn

> > attended the Kaisika ekadasi festival at Thiru-k-kurungudi.

> >

> > As you all know that, this " NampAduvAn Charithram " was narrated

> > by Sri Varaha Perumal to Bhoomi Piraattiyaar in Varaha Puranam.

> > NampAduvAn was born in low - chandala - kulam, but was a great

> > bhAgavatha, devotee of Sri KuRungudi Nambi. It was his usual that

> > on every ekAdasi, he used to observe " *jAkratha vratham* " - without

> > sleeping full night, singing the glory of Lord and thinking about

him-.

> >

> > On one karthigai ekAdasi, NampAduvAn left to KuRungudi nambi

> > temple to observe his fast and render some pAsuram using various

> > paN's on Sri KuRungudi Nambi.

> >

> > But unfortunately, he was caught by a BrahmarAkshasu on the way to

> > Nambi temple, and it threatened him that it is going to consume him

> > as food.

> >

> > NampAduvAn argued with Brahmarakshasu that, he would return back

> > soon after his vratham and darshan of Kurungudi Nambi, then it can

took

> > him as food. But BrahmarAkshasu was not in a position to believe

> > NampAduvAn. BrahmarAkshasu argued that, no one in this world would

> > come back as food. -

> > Is there any possibility that a deer could escape

> > after it was caught up by a lion? -

> >

> > Then NampAduvAn started promising Brahmarakshasu that, if he is

> > not going to return back, he would get sin of those who treat

their guests

> > with difference in hospitality, etc.,.,etc.,

> >

> > But for none of NampAduvAn's promises, BrahmarAkshasu was NOT

> > satisfied, and simply replied ---

> > The promise is like When a cow was caught up by a lion, the Cow

> > promised Lion that it would return back after feeding it's calf

> > (offspring)!

> > So I am not going to leave you!

> >

> > At last NampAduvAn promised that " Who ever thinks/say that

> > Supreme Lord Sriman Narayanan is EQUIVALENT / ON PAR

> > with OR INFERIOR with other dEvathAs, that PAPAM would

> > catch me! "

> >

> > After hearing this BrahmarAkshasu was annoyed by saying that,

> > " Oh BhagavatharE!, What a promise you made!, None would dare

> > to say like that. Now I believe on you, and soon return back. I will

> > wait for you till our return "

> >

> > NampAduvAn happily went to Sri Kurungudi temple, observed his

> > jAkratha vratham, rendered pAsurams on Sri Vadivazhagiya Nambi

> > using various paN's. The last pAsuram that he rendered on Nambi was

> > based on *KAISIKA PAN*.

> >

> > After NampAduvAn completed his ekAdasi vratham, while on the

> > way to BrahmarAkshasu was interrupted by Sri KuRungudi Nambi

> > HIMSELF as an old man. HE advised NampAduvAn to take another

> > path to escape from BrahmarAkshasu. But NampAduvAn was not

> > in a position to defer from his promise to BrahmarAkshasu. Hence

> > Nambi said ---

> > " It's usual in this lOkam that, to save one's own life from an enemy,

> > you can promise on various things, but it's not necessary to

fulfill that

> > vows "

> >

> > But NampAduvAn argued that he would stand on DHARMA, and is

> > going to fulfill the vow that he had made to BrahmarAkshasu.

> > On hearing that, Nambi was happy and blessed NampAduvAn!

> >

> > NampAduvAn returned to BrahmarAkshasu and requested to consume

> > him as food. Rather BrahmarAkshasu deferred from that point, and

> > requested NampAduvAn to grant phalan of the pAsurams that he

> > rendered on Nambi using various paN's.

> >

> > *NampAduvAn* - " As per the promise, I returned back to you. Now you

> > should not defer from our deal "

> > *BrahmarAkshasu* - " Oh BhagavatharE!, Please grant the phalan of

> > at least half of the pAsurams that you rendered on Sri Nambi "

> > *NampAduvAn - * " I didn't praised Kurungudi Nambi based on any phalan.

> > Now you have to consume me and Don't defer from your promise "

> > *BrahmarAkshasu* - " Oh BhagavatharE!, Please grant the phalan of

> > the *last pAsuram based on KAISIKA PAN *that you rendered on Sri

Nambi "

> > *NampAduvAn - * " Initially you seemed to be aggressive and

threatened me

> > that you are going to consume my flesh as food, but now you are

> > requesting for the phalan to rescue from your curse. Can you tell

Who are

> > you? What is your Poorvikam? What is your gOthram? "

> >

> > *BrahmarAkshasu* - " Oh BhagavatharE! My name is Soma Sarma. I was

> > a great vidwan in conducting Yagnams. Due to ahankAram, I made mistake

> > while reciting the mantrams and was cursed by dEvars to became

> > Brahmarakshasu. They also told that, I would be relieved from this

curse

> > after I met a devotee - from chandala kulam - of Sri Nambi at Thiru

> > Kurungudi.

> > Hence I request you to kindly grant me the phalan of the last pAsuram

> > on Kaisika paN and relieve me "

> >

> > After the above request, NampAduvAn granted the phalan of the pAsuram

> > based on Kaisika paN and relieved the Brahmarakshasu from its curse!.

> >

> > The above would be enacted as drama in front of Sri Vadivazhagiya

Nambi

> > during every Kaisika Ekadasi at KAISIKA MANTAPAM.

> >

> > AdiyEn would like to share some pictures taken during the Kaisika

nAtakam

> > at Thiru-k-Kurungudi on Kaisika Ekadasi day - 09-Dec-08.

> > http://picasaweb.google.com/b.senthil2002/KaisikaEkadasi#

> >

> > Namo Sri Sundara ParipoorNAya:

> > adiyEn,

> > senthil.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

-

" B.Senthil Kumar " <b.senthil2002

<Oppiliappan >

Monday, December 15, 2008 12:16 AM

Re: Kaisika Ekadasi - Thiru-k-Kurungudi

SrI:

Dear Sri Govindarajan Swamin: adiyEn namaskArams::

The very idea of sharing pictures to the group is to

encourage/motivate the bhakthAs and bhAgavathAs to attend the festival

during next year and enjoy the divine anubhavam and receive the

blessings of divyadampathis.

Sri Sundara ParipoorNAya nama:

adiyEn,

senthil.b

Oppiliappan , " govindarajan sr "

<srgovind1954 wrote:

>

> Dear Sri Senthil,

> I take pleasure in thanking you for bringing

out an excellent capture of the " NampAduvAn Charithram "

> The photographs have also been captured well.

> Thanks a lot.

> S.R.Govindarajan

>