Please enlighten me

adiyen

sevel krishnan

18 Thiruvengadam Street Extensions

Raja Annamalaipuram East

Chennai 600028

Guest guest

Dear Swamin,

If you follow the path you have taken, you have to do monthly shraaddhams, varSHam and annual shraadhams plus all the tarpaNams. Also, your son will have to continue doing that after you are gone and of course his son and generations to follow. Remember, these things have to be passed on to subsequent generations and to be perormed endlessly. The link is like an electric wire. Irrespective of a foot long or mile long wire, if it gets broken at some point, the end result is the same - no current (patanti pitarohyeShaam lupta pinDodaka kriyAh- as per Arjuna in Bhagavad-Gita Chapter 1:42).

But start to think (which is hard for most Hindus, stooped in tradition, devoid of astuteness and bereft of essential truth). You have already done enough. I would not waste any more time and ever think of this again, unless of course you want to feel guilty and make Hinduism look worthless and idiotic. It is time for all of us to wake up and do a maanaskika (mental) shraaddham, once and for all, for all shraaddhams and as well as to people who advice us to keep doing these rites. Otherwise, the 4-Ms (Missionaries, Mullahs, Misguided-Hindus, and Marxists) will complete shraaddham of Hinduism itself!

KST

krishnan19402003 <krishnan1940

Fri, Jun 26, 2009 2:51 am

Ceremonies

Recently I am compelled beyond circumstances to perform the last rites of my step brother. He is the grandson through the first wife of my maternal grand father and I am through his second wife. I have performed all the rites and ceremonies including 10th to 13th day.

Am I to do the monthly ceremonies till the end of the first Year and the varushabtikam.

Please enlighten me

adiyen

sevel krishnan

Raja Annamalaipuram East

Chennai 600028

---

Guest guest

Dear Mr.Seval Krishnan,

Regardin g yourdoubt on Performing Ceremonies and other Karmas to your Half brother (not stepbrother) through your mothers side you should not do any rites to him.But if he has no son anyone not necessarily a relative any Brahmin who is authorised to do by your Halfbrothers wife should perform the ceremonies and rites to him on behalf of her.If you are authorised by his wife you can perform the ceremonies to him and in the subsequent times anyoneelse may be authorised by your halfbrotherswife can perform.This is the Saastram.Pitrukarma is the supreme Dharma ofevery Vaidikaand anyone who does not perform them is AVAIDAKA, meaning going against the Vedas.

KSHEMAAYAPUNARAAGAMANAAYACHA

B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN

Koti Sreekrishna <tatachar Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2009 12:07:44 AMRe: Ceremonies

Dear Swamin,If you follow the path you have taken, you have to do monthly shraaddhams, varSHam and annual shraadhams plus all the tarpaNams. Also, your son will have to continue doing that after you are gone and of course his son and generations to follow. Remember, these things have to be passed on to subsequent generations and to be perormed endlessly. The link is like an electric wire. Irrespective of a foot long or mile long wire, if it gets broken at some point, the end result is the same - no current (patanti pitarohyeShaam lupta pinDodaka kriyAh- as per Arjuna in Bhagavad-Gita Chapter 1:42). But start to think (which is hard for most Hindus, stooped in tradition, devoid of astuteness and bereft of essential truth). You have already done enough. I would not waste any more time and ever think of this again, unless of course you want to feel guilty and make Hinduism look worthless and idiotic. It is time for all of us to

wake up and do a maanaskika (mental) shraaddham, once and for all, for all shraaddhams and as well as to people who advice us to keep doing these rites. Otherwise, the 4-Ms (Missionaries, Mullahs, Misguided-Hindus, and Marxists) will complete shraaddham of Hinduism itself!KSTkrishnan19402003 <krishnan1940@ hotmail.com>Fri, Jun 26, 2009 2:51 am Ceremonies

Recently I am compelled beyond circumstances to perform the last rites of my step brother. He is the grandson through the first wife of my maternal grand father and I am through his second wife. I have performed all the rites and ceremonies including 10th to 13th day.

Am I to do the monthly ceremonies till the end of the first Year and the varushabtikam.

Please enlighten me

adiyen

sevel krishnan

Raja Annamalaipuram East

Chennai 600028

------------ --------- --------- ------

Guest guest

Avaidika does not mean going against the Vedas. it just means not clinging to the bygone Vedic Karma KhanDa which, strictly speaking, nobody is eligible to perform in this day and age. Why kid your-self? Even if we could, as you see in Bhagavad-Gita:

Veda vaada rathaah paartha, naanyadastIti vaadinah (Please study BG 2:42 to 44)

Following Vedic rites will only keep you spinning the wheel, like a cat chasing its tail. That is why we need to progress to Jnana KhanDa , that too as found in Bhagavad-Gita.

Vedas are contextual wisdom, whereas BG is eternal wisdom.

KST

venkata krishnan <bcvk71

; Thirunarayanan K.Raghavan <kkthiru; Pavitra Ramanujam <pavitrar; BCVENKATAKRISHNANNewsListgroup <bcvenkatakrishnannewslist >

Mon, Jun 29, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Ceremonies

Dear Mr.Seval Krishnan,

Regardin g yourdoubt on Performing Ceremonies and other Karmas to your Half brother (not stepbrother) through your mothers side you should not do any rites to him.But if he has no son anyone not necessarily a relative any Brahmin who is authorised to do by your Halfbrothers wife should perform the ceremonies and rites to him on behalf of her.If you are authorised by his wife you can perform the ceremonies to him and in the subsequent times anyoneelse may be authorised by your halfbrotherswife can perform.This is the Saastram.Pitrukarma is the supreme Dharma ofevery Vaidikaand anyone who does not perform them is AVAIDAKA, meaning going against the Vedas.

B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN

Koti Sreekrishna <tatachar

Sunday, June 28, 2009 12:07:44 AM

Re: Ceremonies

Dear Swamin,

If you follow the path you have taken, you have to do monthly shraaddhams, varSHam and annual shraadhams plus all the tarpaNams. Also, your son will have to continue doing that after you are gone and of course his son and generations to follow. Remember, these things have to be passed on to subsequent generations and to be perormed endlessly. The link is like an electric wire. Irrespective of a foot long or mile long wire, if it gets broken at some point, the end result is the same - no current (patanti pitarohyeShaam lupta pinDodaka kriyAh- as per Arjuna in Bhagavad-Gita Chapter 1:42).

But start to think (which is hard for most Hindus, stooped in tradition, devoid of astuteness and bereft of essential truth). You have already done enough. I would not waste any more time and ever think of this again, unless of course you want to feel guilty and make Hinduism look worthless and idiotic. It is time for all of us to wake up and do a maanaskika (mental) shraaddham, once and for all, for all shraaddhams and as well as to people who advice us to keep doing these rites. Otherwise, the 4-Ms (Missionaries, Mullahs, Misguided-Hindus, and Marxists) will complete shraaddham of Hinduism itself!

KST

krishnan19402003 <krishnan1940@ hotmail.com>

Fri, Jun 26, 2009 2:51 am

Ceremonies

Please enlighten me

adiyen

sevel krishnan

Raja Annamalaipuram East

Chennai 600028

Guest guest

Sir,

I suggest that you may take the advice of your family prohit who can give you the correct picture instead

of seeking views from this group He knows better and you will get confused if you take different views from

different people and cannot come to any conclusion. It will end up like arguments for putting tilak to elephant

between two segments of the same community. Consult him and take your own decision

Regards

Guruswamy K

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 12:05 AM, venkata krishnan <bcvk71 wrote:

Dear Mr.Seval Krishnan,

B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN

Koti Sreekrishna <tatachar

Sunday, June 28, 2009 12:07:44 AMRe: Ceremonies

Dear Swamin,If you follow the path you have taken, you have to do monthly shraaddhams, varSHam and annual shraadhams plus all the tarpaNams. Also, your son will have to continue doing that after you are gone and of course his son and generations to follow. Remember, these things have to be passed on to subsequent generations and to be perormed endlessly. The link is like an electric wire. Irrespective of a foot long or mile long wire, if it gets broken at some point, the end result is the same - no current (patanti pitarohyeShaam lupta pinDodaka kriyAh- as per Arjuna in Bhagavad-Gita Chapter 1:42).

But start to think (which is hard for most Hindus, stooped in tradition, devoid of astuteness and bereft of essential truth). You have already done enough. I would not waste any more time and ever think of this again, unless of course you want to feel guilty and make Hinduism look worthless and idiotic. It is time for all of us to wake up and do a maanaskika (mental) shraaddham, once and for all, for all shraaddhams and as well as to people who advice us to keep doing these rites. Otherwise, the 4-Ms (Missionaries, Mullahs, Misguided-Hindus, and Marxists)  will complete shraaddham of Hinduism itself!

KSTkrishnan19402003 <krishnan1940@ hotmail.com>Fri, Jun 26, 2009 2:51 am

Ceremonies

Please enlighten me

adiyen

sevel krishnan

Raja Annamalaipuram East

Chennai 600028

Guest guest

Thank you SirMy half brother has never been married and he was a bachelor only. He has no first cousins through his father ( Dayadhi). In this circumstances- is it correct what I have done to himregardsSEVEL KRISHNAN

East Raja Annamalaipuram

Chennai 600028

Landline 24617660

mobile 99400 95670 ; kkthiru; pavitrar; bcvenkatakrishnannewslist From: bcvk71Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:35:27 -0700Re: Ceremonies

Dear Mr.Seval Krishnan,

B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN

Koti Sreekrishna <tatachar (AT) aol (DOT) com> Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2009 12:07:44 AMRe: Ceremonies

Dear Swamin,If you follow the path you have taken, you have to do monthly shraaddhams, varSHam and annual shraadhams plus all the tarpaNams. Also, your son will have to continue doing that after you are gone and of course his son and generations to follow. Remember, these things have to be passed on to subsequent generations and to be perormed endlessly. The link is like an electric wire. Irrespective of a foot long or mile long wire, if it gets broken at some point, the end result is the same - no current (patanti pitarohyeShaam lupta pinDodaka kriyAh- as per Arjuna in Bhagavad-Gita Chapter 1:42). But start to think (which is hard for most Hindus, stooped in tradition, devoid of astuteness and bereft of essential truth). You have already done enough. I would not waste any more time and ever think of this again, unless of course you want to feel guilty and make Hinduism look worthless and idiotic. It is time for all of us to

wake up and do a maanaskika (mental) shraaddham, once and for all, for all shraaddhams and as well as to people who advice us to keep doing these rites. Otherwise, the 4-Ms (Missionaries, Mullahs, Misguided-Hindus, and Marxists) will complete shraaddham of Hinduism itself!KSTkrishnan19402003 <krishnan1940@ hotmail.com>Fri, Jun 26, 2009 2:51 am Ceremonies

Recently I am compelled beyond circumstances to perform the last rites of my step brother. He is the grandson through the first wife of my maternal grand father and I am through his second wife. I have performed all the rites and ceremonies including 10th to 13th day.Am I to do the monthly ceremonies till the end of the first Year and the varushabtikam.Please enlighten meadiyensevel krishnan18 Thiruvengadam Street ExtensionsRaja Annamalaipuram EastChennai 600028------------ --------- --------- ------

Guest guest

Mr GuruswamyThank you for your good suggestionsSEVEL KRISHNAN

East Raja Annamalaipuram

Chennai 600028

Landline 24617660

mobile 99400 95670 From: vatguruDate: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 08:53:29 +0530Re: Ceremonies

Sir,

I suggest that you may take the advice of your family prohit who can give you the correct picture instead

of seeking views from this group He knows better and you will get confused if you take different views from

different people and cannot come to any conclusion. It will end up like arguments for putting tilak to elephant

between two segments of the same community. Consult him and take your own decision

Regards

Guruswamy K

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 12:05 AM, venkata krishnan <bcvk71 > wrote:

Dear Mr.Seval Krishnan,

B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN

Koti Sreekrishna <tatachar (AT) aol (DOT) com>

Sunday, June 28, 2009 12:07:44 AMRe: Ceremonies

Dear Swamin,If you follow the path you have taken, you have to do monthly shraaddhams, varSHam and annual shraadhams plus all the tarpaNams. Also, your son will have to continue doing that after you are gone and of course his son and generations to follow. Remember, these things have to be passed on to subsequent generations and to be perormed endlessly. The link is like an electric wire. Irrespective of a foot long or mile long wire, if it gets broken at some point, the end result is the same - no current (patanti pitarohyeShaam lupta pinDodaka kriyAh- as per Arjuna in Bhagavad-Gita Chapter 1:42).

KSTkrishnan19402003 <krishnan1940@ hotmail.com>Fri, Jun 26, 2009 2:51 am

Ceremonies

Recently I am compelled beyond circumstances to perform the last rites of my step brother. He is the grandson through the first wife of my maternal grand father and I am through his second wife. I have performed all the rites and ceremonies including 10th to 13th day.Am I to do the monthly ceremonies till the end of the first Year and the varushabtikam.Please enlighten meadiyensevel krishnan18 Thiruvengadam Street ExtensionsRaja Annamalaipuram EastChennai 600028------------ --------- --------- ------

Guest guest

Dear Mr.Seval Krishnan,

If your halfbrother has had any male cousin or cousinonce removed through his paternal side they have to perform his last rites throughout their life.In the absence of such a person, what you have done is correct.And you have to continue perform his monthly ceremonies and Varushaabhdhigam since you have performed his last rites.After, his Varushaabhdigam any Brahmin belonging to the Gothra of your Halfbrother since, the two persons belonging to same Gothra are Paternal cousins or cousins once removed though never even heard of eachother, must perform his Sraardham every year.If you cannot find such a Person who belongs to the Gothra of your Half brother you should not perform him the rites every year.This is

Saastra.

B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN.

Krishnan Sevel Venkataraman <krishnan1940 Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 10:10:25 AMRE: Ceremonies

Thank you SirMy half brother has never been married and he was a bachelor only. He has no first cousins through his father ( Dayadhi). In this circumstances- is it correct what I have done to himregards

SEVEL KRISHNAN

East Raja Annamalaipuram

Chennai 600028

Landline 24617660

mobile 99400 95670

; kkthiru (AT) gmail (DOT) com; pavitrar (AT) gmail (DOT) com; bcvenkatakrishnanne wslist@grou ps.combcvk71 Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:35:27 -0700Re: Ceremonies

Dear Mr.Seval Krishnan,

KSHEMAAYAPUNARAAGAM ANAAYACHA

B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN

Koti Sreekrishna <tatachar (AT) aol (DOT) com>Sunday, June 28, 2009 12:07:44 AMRe: Ceremonies